๐•ธ๐–Ž๐–˜๐–˜ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–“๐–Ž๐–†๐–‘๐–Ž...

By KenjiSikichi

"๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•–๐•ข๐•ฆ๐•’๐• ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•˜๐•ฃ๐•’๐•ง๐•–." โ•ฐษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ สแด‡ส€ แด€ส€แด‡ แด€ แดกษชแดขแด€ส€แด…, ส/ษด! ๐˜๐„๐€๐‘ ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ• ๐™ฑ๐š˜๐š๐š‘ ๏ฟฝ... More

ใ€Ž๐ˆ๐๐…๐Ž๐‘๐Œ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ใ€
ใ€Ž2ใ€
ใ€Ž3ใ€
ANNOUNCEMENT
ใ€Ž3.5ใ€
ใ€Ž4ใ€
ใ€Ž5ใ€

ใ€Ž1ใ€

630 19 53
By KenjiSikichi

(There will be some vulgar language at times despite it being the first year. I apologize for the inconvenience.)

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

     The Kloet's were a rather well known pure-blood family. They resided in a mansion that the founder had titled Kloet View, although not quite as big as Malfoy Manor which they had visited a few times.

Since the members of the family usually went to Hogwarts and were known to be mostly Slytherin or Ravenclaw (leaning more to the Slytherin side), they weren't too big of jerks as you might expect. Or at least, they try not to be. Although they aren't always too successful.

Deimos Kloet was a tall man, with a good set of dark hair that he liked to fluff out slightly yet keep fixed up. He often wore suit-like robes, usually in the color black. He was rather pale due to neglecting his hunger a lot. He worked for the Ministry of Magic, having close connections to a lot of the members there thanks to his good friend Lucius Malfoy. 

Ruth Kloet (maiden name being Grimrose) was a woman with a pretty face and of average height. She has a hair color similar to her daughter. Often times, she can be seen wearing comfortable muggle clothing or the most comfortable wizard clothing she can find, yet she usually finds a way to adjust the muggle clothing and make it more wizard-like. She used to write for the Daily Prophet alongside her old friend Rita Skeeter, until her retirement.

She was liked, however, due to the fact that she chose to stay on the more truthful side. Wizards and witches who wanted to read upon more accurate news would often read what she wrote instead of Rita's works, but if they wanted juicy gossip and fun stories, they'd read Rita's works. Although, there were some who believed Rita was the truthful one. Moving on.

She had announced in the Prophet that she was going to retire, her reason being was that she was now going to be a mother. Although, it had come as a bit of a shock for her. She thought that she ought to have kept her legs closed and waited a bit further into her marriage with Deimos, but it is what it is. (dont kill me pls, this is a quote taken from the DP obvs pookies)

So, a good several years later, here was the little problem. It had grown a good deal and was ready to be sent off to school and the mother would have almost a whole year of absolute undisturbed peace, time all to herself. Don't get her wrong, she loved the kid with all her heart...

But a bit of alone time would be nice. The house all to herself, just sleeping in all day... Until her husband got home, of course. Then she would have to get up and greet him. It was ideal.

Ruth quietly entered the room that her daughter, age 11 at the moment, currently slept in. Her Hogwarts acceptance letter had arrived just this morning, brought to them by her personal favorite owl of the two the family had bought, Elvira.

She gazed down at the sleeping figure of her daughter, a content smile gracing her features as she did so. Her daughter was so cute... especially with the knowledge that in a few days or so she'd finally be out of her sight and she'd be all alone until night for a whole year...

Actually, it was another month away. Such a disappointment it was to remember that.

Ruth shook her daughter awake, brushing her tangled, messy hair out of her face. (Y/n) stirred with a groan, her hand slowly going up to her throat. She'd been a bit sick lately but didn't want to take medicine.

"Mum..?" She sat up groggily, opening her eyes and rubbing the sleep off. "You usually let me sleep in... agh... what's changed?"

"You won't believe it, but... guess what Elvira brought in today~" Ruth cooed, waving the letter in front of her. Her daughters eyes landed on the red seal bearing the Hogwarts coat of arms. (Red because it looks better than purple. Smh)

"Is that..?" Forgetting all respect she was supposed to have towards her parental figures and suddenly seeming as though she wasn't tired in the slightest, (Y/n) quickly snatched the letter out of her mothers hands. Ruth didn't mind much but clicked her tongue.

"Your Hogwarts letter arrived, I've already taken gold out of the bank... Since we haven't gotten most of your stuff yet, what do you say we go on a little mother-daughter shopping trip later?" Ruth suggested, still excited to have the house to herself.

"Do you remember what we need to get?" (Y/n) asked curiously, looking up at her mother. She was doubtful on whether she did remember, as her mothers memory was known to be steadily getting worse.

"Nope, but it should be all in the letter!"

At these words, the young girl opened her letter and examined it thoroughly, reading aloud. "So, first years will require three sets of plain work robes... colored black... a pointed hat, black, for day wear... protective gloves... winter cloak... we need name tags at Hogwarts?"

"Yes you do. Now read out all the other stuff while I make a mental list in my head, in case you lose the letter." Ruth sat down on a chair in (Y/n)'s room, listing down all the things she needed to get. Her daughter began to list down books. "What else?"

"A wand, obviously... a cauldron, they have it all listed... you know what? You read it!"

Ruth scoffed and took the letter out of her hands. When she'd finished she nodded and tucked it safely into the robes she was currently wearing.

(Y/n) felt very excited when her mother said, "We go today, no?"

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

When they got to Diagon Alley, (Y/n) looked around as they passed shops. It wasn't her first time coming here, but she still enjoyed it every time. Of course, the excitement of coming back had rather worn off by this point. The only excitement that remained was at the thought of attending Hogwarts.

Truth be told, (Y/n) would've by far preferred to have come on her own rather than with her mother. She felt that she would actually get things done faster this way, since her mother loved to dawdle.

"First let's get your robes." Ruth murmured as they passed a rather suspicious looking group of witches, one who appeared to be a hag. A few of them waved at her in a friendly manner as if they knew her from somewhere, but the others chided them for it.

(Y/n) was led into Madame Malkins Robes for All Occasions, as another boy entered right after her. She glanced at him for a brief moment, although didn't pay him too much attention. (Y/n) hated new faces. She had just spotted a familiar face.

She waved at him, and he glanced at her, looked away, looked back again and smiled. He waved slightly, although a witch was currently pinning up his long black robes. He was pale with a pointed face, so obviously this was none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Hogwarts, dearies?" Madam Malkin asked, her gaze flitting back and forth from (Y/n) to the boy. "Got the lot here, another young man being fitted up just now, in fact."

She led them to stools on either side of Draco, he glanced at her and turned his attention to the boy whom had entered right behind him. "Hello," he said politely - or at least it sounded polite to her, despite his drawling voice, "Hogwarts, too?"

"Yes." Answered the boy. It seemed a bit obvious but one could never be too sure.

Draco explained what was happening with him and his parents, how they were getting his stuff right now and stuff about him going to smuggle a broom into the castle despite being a first-year. (Y/n) caught the look on the unknown boy's face as a witch started fitting her up.

"Have you got your own broom?" He went on, (Y/n) kind of just standing there as the witch did her work and listening to their conversation.

"No." The boy replied.

"Do you play Quidditch at all?" Draco continued. (Bro I spelt Dracon.)

The boy once again replied with a no. He sure seemed like the talkative type, didn't he?

"Me neither." (Y/n) said and Draco, not seeming to care about either of their responses too much, continued to talk on a bit about his father saying something of it being a crime not to play for his House.

"Know what House you'll be in yet?" He asked.

"No." Replied the boy once again. It reminded (Y/n) oddly of herself. She was often like this whenever they visited other people, usually pure-blood families.

"Well, no one really knows until they get there. But I know I'll be in Slytherin, all of my family has been. Imagine being in Hufflepuff... I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?"

"What if I was placed into Hufflepuff? Wouldn't be too keen on going along with our parents wishes, hm?" (Y/n) inquired, and Draco turned his head to look at the bored expression on her face.

"Not very likely." He said with a sniff, as the other boy responded with a low 'mmm.' She couldn't tell what wasn't very likely; her placement in Hufflepuff, or his willingness to go along with what their parents had in mind for them. Then Draco looked out of the window and pointed out a rather large man with a somewhat intimidating look, (Y/n) thought. He was at LEAST twice the size of a regular man and definitely wider than one, with a bunch of wild hair.

She hoped he was the friendly type... And so spoke Mr. Talkative, looking strangely pleased. "That's Hagrid."

"He seems... Nice." (Y/n) murmured, and Draco glanced at her. His conversation with the boy went on for a while longer, (Y/n), being a bit more of the listening type yet also usually zoning out type, was able to gather that his parents were dead and that he liked the Hagrid guy.

Draco being prejudiced was nothing new.

(Y/n) sighed, getting fed up with Draco at the moment. "Draco, will you shut your yap? He's clearly uninterested and uncomfortable with your comments."

"Oh shut up." He scoffed, but the other boy looked very thankful. (Y/n) swore she saw a scar... no, probably not. The odds of her ever meeting Harry Potter seemed rather low. A nobody like her, interacting with one of the most famous people in the wizarding world?

The boy soon left and (Y/n) stayed behind to wait for Draco, since her mother had probably gone off to buy some of her stuff. When he got off the stool, he walked up beside her casually. She glanced at him.

"What's with the look?" He furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"I think you made a bit of a bad impression on him, Draco. If I were me without knowing you and then I met you like that, I would've probably stuck my foot up your ass and left." She said bluntly, but he didn't seem too bothered by what she'd said.

"That doesn't bother me."

...Which part?

Slightly exasperated, (Y/n) waited in silence until she spotted her mother. Ruth came up to her happily, carrying many items, no doubt some of them weren't for school though. "Look at this quill! Isn't it pretty?"

It was a cheap copy of the feather of a Phoenix.

Seeing the look on her face, Ruth frowned and sighed. "Wasted Knuts, didn't I?"

(Y/n) didn't respond. Instead, Ruth took her to Ollivanders to pick out her wand. She told her to wait there. (Y/n) went inside and saw Ollivander, he was a curious old man in a way, and (Y/n) found him interesting.

Somehow, the inside of the shop itself seemed magical. Mr. Ollivander greeted her kindly, commenting on how she was most definitely child of perhaps Deimos Kloet or maybe his brother, their wands, other wands, before getting to business. Oh, right, that was after explaining some stuff about wands.

When he was done examining her, he handed her a wand. "Black walnut and unicorn hair, nine and a half inches, quite bendy flexibility. Try it out."

She gazed at him uncertainly, then she waved it slightly. Definitely not a match for Mr. Ollivander quickly snatched it back. She tried out a few more wands, feeling a bit embarrassed each time none of them were a fit for her.

What if they had gotten it wrong in the letter, and she was not, as a matter of fact, a witch? What if she was actually a squib? Had that ever happened before, where they mess up and send out letters to students who actually seemed to be squibs?

"Right then, give this a try..." He spoke softly, handing her another wand. "Acacia and phoenix feather. This one's ten inches, unyielding flexibility..."

(Y/n) took it in her hands. She wasn't really sure what to expect, it felt right and all but so had one of the other wands yet it wasn't a match. Mr. Ollivander beamed at her. She tried to force a polite smile.

"Yes, a match indeed! A match indeed. Well done!" Well done for what? She hadn't really done anything.

"Right then..." (Y/n) bowed slightly, paid what she had to pay, and left. Her mother was waiting outside and quickly grabbed her arm, pulling her along.

"I just saw the prettiest owl, quickly before another student gets it!" She said excitedly, while (Y/n) quickly stuffed her wand into her pocket... her mother seemed strangely energetic. Ruth being rather cheerful and whatnot was never anything new, she feared that every day she got older, the closer she was to death and therefore wanted to enjoy everyday... but she was still rather calm.

(Y/n), however, disliked most days. There wasn't anything too special throughout her mundane life, being a wizard wasn't anything uncommon in the wizarding world which was obvious, even if it might be special with the muggles. Therefore, she didn't appreciate magic nearly as much as she should. Back to the topic at hand. When her mother was done dragging her, she found herself facing what was a rather beautiful barn owl.

It looked up at her slowly, and she cautiously extended her hand towards it. The owl climbed on wordlessly, talons gripping her arms and flared its wings with a low screech-like sound. A witch came over to them, explained a few things to them, but (Y/n) simply stared at the owl.

It was beautiful, also strangely adorable.

"Can we buy him?" She asked, turning to her mother. She knew he was male as the witch had stated that he was. The owl gazed at her without blinking. Ruth nodded, that was why she'd been so eager after all.

They paid, and, again, left.

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

(Y/n) had chosen to name her new owl Apollo. She'd taken suggestions from what few friends she was able to talk to, as well as family. She had decided to go with her cousins suggestion instead.

A month had finally passed, and (Y/n) was sure darn ready to get to Hogwarts. It would be a nice change from her everyday life, until Hogwarts became her new everyday life. That... she dreaded.

They were already at the station, Ruth quickly kissing (Y/n) goodbye on the cheek. Today, she'd made plans to go out with (Y/n)'s father for once, as this was one of the days where he was off work all day. "Have a good time, sweetie. Write to me whenever you want, okay?"

(Y/n) shied away from her as she pat her hair softly. "I will, mum."

Ruth nodded, before she disappeared suddenly with a crack. Did she disapparate? Not thinking too hard about that since her mother WAS a grown adult, (Y/n) climbed aboard the train. She'd peeked into most compartments until she saw Draco. None of her other friends had gotten onto the train yet, and her cousin Ezekiel was already in a full compartment.

The pale boy offered her a seat near him and she gladly took it. The train had started moving by now. When the woman pushing a cart along came by, saying "Anything from the trolley?" (Y/n) was happy. Until she saw that some idiot had bought most of the good stuff off of it.

She gladly settled for a single chocolate frog, having offered Draco's friends, Crabbe and Goyle, most of what she'd bought. She didn't offer Draco any, he'd bought his own already, plus the ones he brought from home.

The card she'd gotten was of Rowena Ravenclaw and she hummed. It would have been nice to get Salazar Slytherin.

"Want one?" Draco asked boredly, offering her a pack of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, but she politely refused. After getting a rather foul tasting one, (Y/n) hadn't been a big fan of them ever since.

Rumors flew by on the train, reaching them as a few people came into their compartment. Stuff about Harry Potter being on this train. Draco smirked at this newfound information and led them all out of the compartment as they searched for the specific one they'd been told he was in. Before she left, (Y/n) stuffed her pockets with some of the candy she'd bought... she had a feeling this wouldn't end well, as she always did. This feeling was strong however, and the stronger ones usually meant certain disaster.

He slid the compartment doors open, inviting himself in. (Y/n) hastily entered as well, feeling she'd get crushed if she tried entering after Crabbe and Goyle. Draco was eyeing the boy they'd seen in Madam Malkins, but (Y/n) was eyeing all the candy and sweets littered on the seats and floor.

So these were the idiots who bought it all.

"Is it true?" He asked. "They've all been saying down the train that Harry Potter is in this compartment. So it's you, is it?"

"Yes." Said Harry, but he wasn't looking at Draco or (Y/n), instead at the two brutes on either side of them. Before, Harry didn't seem to have too much of an opinion on (Y/n) from what she could tell. But now, apparently seeing her with Draco and his little buddies made him register her into a not so good category inside of his brain, from what she could tell when he did look at her.

"Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle." He introduced his two bodyguards rather carelessly. "This is (Y/n) Kloet, and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

A ginger boy who had been previously talking to Harry gave out a slight cough, as if trying to hide his laughter. (Y/n) recognized him as Arthur Weasleys son, although not sure which one, only because her mother had connections with most families, regardless of whether they were pure-bloods, blood-traitors, or whatnot.

Then again, perhaps it was just a ginger that wasn't actually a Weasley but looked similar to the Weasley's she'd seen.

Then Draco said what I believe is to be a famous line, as he had noticed too. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford."

At these words, Weasley didn't seem too happy. It took a bit of effort for her to keep a straight face.

Draco turned back to Harry, holding out his hand at the last sentence. "You'll soon come to find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

"No, you can't." — (Y/n)

Harry didn't take his hand. "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks."

"Damn, you got friend rejected..." (Y/n) murmured, a slight laugh escaping her as she found this highly amusing. Draco noticed it and glared at her, a slight pink tinge had appeared on his face at Harry's decline.

Malfoy made a threat, as well as an insult to Harry's parents, Hagrid and the Weasleys, and Harry and his ginger friend stood up at this.

"Say that again." Weasley threatened through gritted teeth and (Y/n) face-palmed.

"Oh, you're going to fight us now are you?" Draco sounded amused.

"You know, it's really not worth it. Let's go, big shot. I doubt he'd want to waste time on your sorry arse anyway." (Y/n) placed a hand on Draco's shoulder to pull him back but he didn't move.

"I don't think we feel like leaving. Do we, boys?" He gestured to Crabbe and Goyle. "We've eaten all our food, but you seem to still have some."

"Liar, we still have a ton—" (Y/n) started but was cut off.

"Shut up." Draco murmured to (Y/n) with a grin just as Goyle reached towards the Chocolate Frogs that lay next to Ron. She saw Ron lunge forward but Goyle shrieked, and they all saw a fierce little rat hanging off of his finger with his sharp, tiny teeth digging deep into Goyle's hand.

All of them backed away (except for Goyle). In a way, (Y/n) decided that this was deserved.

Goyle managed to shake the rat off, and it hit the window. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all quickly disappeared. (Y/n) hesitantly stepped back as if to follow, but quickly stepped back into the room to see if the rat was alright. (Fuck Peter, but props to him for biting Goyle. Haha.)

She opened her mouth to apologize on behalf of Draco's behavior, but a rather bushy-haired girl walked in as Ron picked up the rat.

"What's going on?!" the new girl said. There were candies littered over the floor and the rat was still looking very dead.

"Malfoy came in with his lot of wannabe gangsters, she was with them." Ron muttered darkly, glaring at (Y/n). She stared.

"Aren't you Arthur Weasley's son?" (Y/n) inquired cautiously, not wanting to make him more mad than he already seemed to be with her, despite the fact she wasn't the one who taunted them and tried to make a grab for their sweets.

"No— I don't believe it— He's gone back to sleep..." Ron muttered, talking about his rat, Scabbers. He turned his head to look at her, although with great dislike, before saying disdainfully. "Yeah, Ron Weasley. What's it to you?"

"Oh! My mother used to be a friend of your parents, or, still is."

"Is she the one who sometimes sends us Galleons to buy school stuff?" Ron asked curiously, clearly trying to figure out if she was also a complete ass.

"If you mean Ruth Kloet, yeah, that's my mum. Oh. Is he okay?" She pointed to the rat. Although if it wasn't, it'd certainly make a very fine treat for her owl. Would it be insensitive to ask someone whether you could feed their dead pet rat to your owl?

"Just asleep," Ron turned to Harry instead, deciding she was now okay and asked, "you've met Malfoy before?"

Harry explained about how they met in Madam Malkins, as well as how he'd seen (Y/n) there. Ron then explained some dark stuff relating to the Malfoy's, and (Y/n), still standing, was pretty sure he wasn't mentioning the Kloet's solely because she was there.

Then he turned to the bushy-haired girl who'd been eyeing (Y/n) cautiously ever since Ron said she was with Draco and his 'gang'. "Can we help you with something?"

"You'd three best be changing into your robes soon. I expect we'll be arriving soon. Also, you haven't been fighting, have you? You'll get in trouble before we even get there!" She chided, waving a finger at them.

"Scabbers has been fighting, not us." Ron explained with a scowl, directed towards the girl. "Would you mind leaving while we change? You too." (to Y/n)

"All right... I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors," said Hermione. "And you've got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?"

She pointed to her own nose to signal where it was. "Just there."

Ron glared at her as she left and (Y/n) stayed behind just a bit longer.

"Potter, Weasley, just wanted to say—"

"You going to make fun of my parents or his family?" Harry still didn't seem to like her very much, judging by his tone of voice towards her, which was a shame.

"What?" (Y/n) stared at him incredulously. Then she shook her head with a sigh, before bowing slightly. "No. I simply want to apologize on behalf of Draco and his friends. I'm sorry for the trouble we caused you. Quickly just going to add, don't make assumptions like that... who my friends are doesn't completely determine who I am as a person."

Placing her hands inside her pockets, she brings out the candies she'd stuffed into her pockets earlier and offers them to Ron and Harry. "To make peace?"

Ron looked happy and gladly took the candies. She made a note to keep food on hand in case she ever wanted to make peace with Ron again. Harry, seeming a bit more skeptical, studied her for a moment more before nodding and taking them from her. (Y/n) bowed her head before leaving and sliding the compartment door closed, making her way back to the compartment where Draco and his buddies were.

"Where have you been?" Draco asked, inspecting her coldly.

"Smoothing things out, kinda." She shrugged, sitting down next to him again. No way was she sitting near Goyle, who was still wincing in pain. He'd get blood on her. "I heard we're reaching Hogwarts soon. Ought to change into our robes soon."

Draco nodded, turning his attention elsewhere. 

━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

When the train stopped, Draco, (Y/n), Crabbe and Goyle were luckily changed into their school robes. They pushed their way out of the train onto a dark platform, it was uncomfortably cold outside of the train.

Looking around after hearing a voice calling out to the first years, she saw the man who Harry had defended in Madam Malkin's shop. Hagger, was it? No, Hagrid.

She poked Draco in the ribs harshly to get his attention and pointed. He definitely didn't seem too happy to see Hagrid there. Draco opened his mouth to say something, but (Y/n) grabbed onto the sleeve of his robes and pulled him along before they got left behind. Crabbe and Goyle followed suit.

The four of them, (Y/n) kind of in the lead, followed after Hagrid. (Y/n) felt rather excited once the group turned and they all saw Hogwarts for the first time. It definitely looked magical, that's for sure.

There was a fleet of little boats in the water by the shore. Looks like they'd have to cross the lake to get to the castle. She stepped forward tentatively when everyone else did, waiting for instructions. Her mind raced slightly at the sight of the large lake... what if something went wrong? What if she fell off the boat, or it turned over and sent them inside the dark depths?

What if there were magical creatures lurking inside, waiting to snatch away the unsuspecting? Had that happened before? Surely Hogwarts would make sure it was safe, after all, it's likely this was a traditional way of getting to the castle.

"No more'n four to a boat." Called out Hagrid, pointing to the lot of them. (Y/n) followed Draco into a boat, then she was followed in by Crabbe and Goyle. It was a miracle that they all fit, really.

At Hagrid's command, all the boats moved off at once. The lake looked strikingly beautiful if you really took a good look at it. Once they'd finally arrived at their destination, (Y/n) was glad to get off the little boat.

She wasn't good with boats... neither was she good with large bodies of water. She'd seen animals such as sharks, but when you lived fully aware of the magic that existed... you'd know there were things much, much worse.

Draco and his lackeys got off too and Draco walked in front of them as Hagrid lead them up a flight of stone steps to a huge, oak front door. Hagrid then raised his fist to knock three times on the castle door.

So this was Hogwarts.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

what is this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 59 31
Warning 31 partsโš ๏ธ I don't own any of these characters but their are some characters in this book I own
363K 4.7K 47
its in the title i do not own the harry potter characters/franchise all rights go to j .k. rowling
8.1K 74 12
Imagines of the one and only Draco Malfoy I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK, THEY ARE ALL OWNED BY J.K. ROWLING.