Into Folklore | W. Halstead

By hauntedhalstead

"Olivia?" Will was the first to speak, the girl humming softly in response. "If this is you just, tying up a... More

Olivia
The Council
Hospital Rooms
Freedom
You Don't Watch Chronologically?
We Got Him
C for Connor
Getaway
Illicit Affairs
I'm Sorry
I Heart Work
Officer Katie Knowles
Go.
Almost
Taylor
I Promise
Telling
Who the Hell is R?
Son of a Bitch
You Took Everything From Me
Aunt Jessabelle
a tick
Be sure

Rich People Suck

255 6 0
By hauntedhalstead

warning: 18+ smut ahead ...

Olivia did not get nervous. Frequently. Not when she was waiting to find out if she passed through the academy. Not her first day being brought upstairs. Not when new recruits would come through. But now?

Now she had re-curled the same three strands about four times, trying to get them to lay perfectly before she could even think about finishing up her makeup. And don't even get her started on the make up, trying for ten minutes to pick out the color she even wanted. (She picked a nice green that she thought was nice with the ring she had planned to wear that night.)

And the dress was really the only formal one she had, black, floor length, spaghetti straps and a slit up the leg that stopped mid thigh. Honestly she wasn't sure if it was proper to wear tonight but the past week had been so chaotic at work she didn't really have a chance to go shopping.

Even though she was cut from the field, she managed to convince Voight to let her be in the bullpen and at least still be a part of things. It honestly was thanks to her that they got the guy, his truck passing a POD near Kim and Kev that got him cornered and arrested.

Not that that was the only case they had, of course another one falling into their laps by that night that they worked and honestly closed faster than they usually did. So usually Olivia had something to preoccupy her, not tonight.

Tonight she nearly backed out, opening her text messages at least three times before she just tossed her phone onto the bed. She was also not a quitter, or someone that backed out of things last second. Even though she was nitpicking every small detail of her hair, makeup and outfit up until three short knocks hit her front door.

Olivia let out a breath, looking over herself once more in the floor length mirror in her bedroom before double checking that she did in fact unplug her curling iron and grabbing her phone from its spot near her pillow from earlier.

A previously picked out black purse was hanging from the door knob to her room, being grabbed as she passed it, heels clicking as she made her way to the front door to open it. Connor smiled instantly, "Hey-" His greeting catching in his throat.

The girl's cheeks darkened as he sucked in a breath, his eyes traveling all over her body. "God please say something you're making me nervous," Olivia breathed out clutching the purse in her hands.

Connor stepped through the threshold, his hands going to her hips, "You look amazing," He spoke softly, giving her the chance to let out a breath of relief. And he wasn't exaggerating, he almost called his father and canceled his appearance right then and there. Honestly he would have if he wasn't basically forced by contract to attend.

Not actually but Cornelius Rhodes would have you thinking it with how much he cared about his son's attendance. "It's not too much right? Like I mean the slit is a little high but-"

"Olivia, it's perfect. Truly," Connor looked back up at her, their blue eyes meeting. "Are you ready to go?" He took her hand as she nodded, leading her back out of the apartment, stepping back slightly to wait for her to lock up.

His hand stayed in hers the whole car ride to his dad's house. Honestly he didn't know if he was holding it to syke himself up for when they got there or to comfort the obvious nerves she was having. Either way she didn't mind. Her hand was just as tightly in his as his was in hers.

"Fair warning, these parties are, a lot. Lots of people, let me rephrase. Lots of rich and snobby people." Connor passed a glance at her as they paused at a red light. "Like, disgustingly snobby." His nose scrunched up as he thought back to the amount of asshole CEO's and lawyers and shit he'd met at his dad's events.

Olivia turned her head to him, shrugging, "Eh, I've been to enough ceremonies and shit for the department I think I can handle some rich people." A smile crept onto her face, catching the partially annoyed look on Connor's.

He let out a soft laugh through his nose, nodding, "Oh I'm sure you could. Just a warning," The two pulled up to his father's house just a bit later, cars already parked around, a valet member coming up to the window the second he saw the headlights down the road.

It usually took a lot to overwhelm the detective. She'd seen, well, everything. Literally. Any situation you could think of, she'd been at the scene of the crime to solve it. She'd crashed parties, stash houses, you name it. And all of that came with ease.

But this? A bunch of older, rich folks, holding champagne and talking about whatever the recent vacation they got back from went? It was hell. Which very quickly showed on her face, pulling an entertained smirk from Connor, "You bored out of your mind yet?" He leaned down to whisper into her ear.

Her eyes flicked up at him as she attempted to lie, shaking her head, "What? No I just..." A faint huff as she overheard the man at the table closest to them talking about golf, "Maybe a little. I mean who even golfs?" She let out a faint laugh, stepping closer to Connor's side to let someone pass.

"Excuse you but I actually do and I'm pretty amazing at it."

"I'd say I would love to see it but I don't fancy lying to your face on our first night out." Olivia looped her arm through his as she spoke, noting the faint blush that crossed Connor's cheeks. What exactly the blush was caused by she didn't know.

The fact she wasn't going to lie? The way she implied there would be other nights out? Either way, the comment made him glance down, instantly guiding them over to the bar. "What are you having?" Connor looked at Olivia.

"Mmm, I don't know what will make me not look stupid?"

"Nothing could make you look stupid," He smiled at her before taking lead and just ordering two scotches, leaning onto the bar while the tender made them. "That sound good?" Connor directed to her, the girl nodding slightly.

Honestly she didn't care what she was having for a drink, if it would take the edge of anxiety she had off, she'd down it. Even if it was the least classy thing to do. Thankfully for her she still chose to simply sip at it as they worked their way through the sea of people.

Connor's hand had found a permanent spot on the top of her hip, guiding her towards the bellowing voice of the man he did not want to face. "I mean this in the nicest way, but don't say anything unless he directly asks you because my father is a judgmental asshole and I don't want him saying some bullshit to you," He whispered out of the corner of his mouth as they rounded the last corner to him.

Cornelius Rhodes was not a man Olivia was excited to meet. First of all, she had a general distaste for the rich. Secondly, from what she had heard from both last night and today's conversations with his son, he was a dick.

And she did not fare well when it came to asshole men. So the entire conversation was up between God and anybody else that wanted to weigh in. "Connor! I'm so glad you could make it, and who is this beautiful young lady?" Cornelius held a hand out to her.

Olivia sucked in a breath as she reached out to shake it, "This is Olivia Montgomery." Connor took over the introduction aspect of it, his own hold tightening as he spoke, "She's a good friend." He smiled tightly, glancing at the girl for a second before back at his father.

As her hand fell back to her side, Cornelius nodded, "I see, what do you do for work Olivia?" The group of men that surrounded Mr. Rhodes didn't mind having their conversation interrupted by the two. Not when they had a gorgeous woman to look at.

"I'm a detective for the Chicago police department." Olivia gave a warm smile to them, the man's eyebrows raising.

"Oh really? What district?"

"21st, I work in the intelligence unit." Nervously she bit at the inside of her cheek. Honestly she did not want to keep talking to these guys, nevermind about her job, where she would be at least 50 hours a week.

Not that they'd try anything but with rich men you truly never knew. "Ah, Hank Voight's unit." There was a hidden tone to his words, like he was in fact judging that she would work for a man like Voight.

On that topic, she'd have to agree. She worked with Voight for the opportunity to help the community and solve the big cases. Anything he did personally was above her and she hated the way he policed. And everyone was very aware of it.

As the girl nodded, Cornelius gave a tight smile, "Man runs a tight ship I'm sure. Well, it was nice to meet you. Connor, I'm glad you could stop by. Make sure to try some of the shrimp, it is delicious," He gestured to the small plate he had already collected, turning back to whatever it was he was saying before.

Tightly Connor turned on his heel, desperate to get away from the group as fast as possible. "Well he was... nicer than expected." Olivia glanced at Connor, catching the annoyed look covering his face. "Hey, Connor," She pulled them to a stop, stepping out of the general walkway. "Are you alright?"

His jaw was clenched, eyebrows pulled together and he let out a heavy sigh before nodding, "Yeah, I'm fine." Which was a straight up lie and Olivia knew that. And Connor knew that she knew that. Not like it wasn't her job to pick up on things like that.

Gently she put a hand on the side of his face, looking up at him, "Well, what do you say we take advantage of the free drinks here, and then head out?" Olivia spoke soothingly, the idea bouncing through Connor's brain.

"I think that sounds like a good idea," He walked back to the same bar, asking for the entire bottle of what they had drank earlier, having to offer a hundred to get it off of him along with two glasses. "Success," Connor nodded for her to follow him, the two walking around to the side of the house, a bench facing the water.

Olivia was the first to sit, patting the spot next to her. "Your dad really gets you riled up, huh." She asked tentatively, accepting the glass he was holding out to her, waiting for his response while he poured the amber liquid into it.

"God you have no idea."

"Try me," She raised the glass to sip from it, earning an intrigued raise of the eyebrow from the man next to her.

Connor nodded, shifting to pour his own glass, "Alright, he's horrible. I mean, he was a horrible husband, an overbearing father. Not to mention he's a selfish prick." He took a decent swig from his drink before continuing. "I don't usually tell people, not that it's not public knowledge, but when I was 10 my mom killed herself."

His eyes diverted from the sympathetic gaze Olivia gave him, "She was depressed, we knew that much but, I will always, always, blame my father. He didn't help. So being around him just," He shook his head slightly, leaning into the touch Olivia put on his arm. "It's hard. And I hate it."

"Then why do you do it?" Her question brought Connor's eyes back up to the raven haired girl. In all honesty he wasn't even sure. The way Cornelius Rhodes managed to get up under his skin by simply existing should be enough reason for him not to.

Connor shrugged, "I don't know. I think subconsciously I want to at least try. If not for him then for my sister, for my mom." He trailed off, pouring and drinking a second small glass. "Wow this conversation got deep right off the bat huh?"

The two chuckled faintly, Olivia nodding, "You know that no matter what you do your mom would be proud. I mean you're a successful doctor, surgeon, I mean, there's nothing to not be proud of." She reached to take the bottle from him to pour her own and placed it on the ground between her feet. "Screw your dad."

Connor curtly laughed, raising his glass towards her, "I will cheers to that." He clicked his glass to hers, smiling softly. It was nice to have someone to talk to about it that didn't make it all about his father.

Most people when they find out or have the chance to talk about it, go on a spiel about how it was hard for him too. That he loved his mother. Not to say he didn't but boy did he have a hell of a way of showing it.

Both of them made their way through the bottle, Connor only stopping them when he knew they'd be stumbling their way out. Which they were but it was passable. The sheer tightness of the hold they had on one another kept them steady as they got out front, the doctor calling a taxi to take them back to his place.

It was nearly impossible for him to keep his hands off the girl as they sat in the backseat of the taxi, nevermind as he walked them up to his front door, and especially once inside. As soon as that door was shut and locked, he turned and pulled her towards him.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you looked tonight?" He whispered before pressing his lips to hers, pushing her back down the hall. Olivia's hands held tightly to the suit jacket he wore, her shoes getting kicked off as she let him lead her.

She nodded just slightly, "Well you said amazing but, close enough," Connor's lips went from her lips to her cheek, down to her jaw, sliding down her neck as he opened the door to his room, only pulling away from her to make sure he kicked the door shut behind him.

As soon as it clicked shut he pulled her by her sides, kissing her collarbone, "You're beautiful," He mumbled into her skin, reaching around her back to pull at the zipper, tugging it down in one swift motion. "So, so beautiful." He let the dress fall down to her knees, his hands roaming up her now bare sides.

Olivia grew warm under his touch, reaching up to undo the buttons of his shirt, pushing him back towards his bed as she did. "You sure know how to flatter a lady don't you?" She muttered, her cheeks red as she finally pulled the shirt off, running her hands up his chest.

Connor, slightly out of breath, putting a hand on the back of her neck and pressing their foreheads together. "I do my best," His voice breathy as he sat at the edge of the bed, pulling her onto his lap.

Olivia straddled him, leaning down to kiss him once again feeling his palms sliding flat against her back. She could already feel him underneath her, the bulge in his pants pressing in the perfect spot that made them both groan as she grinded her hips against him. "God I need you," She muttered, shifting to kiss his neck.

She reached down to undo his belt and the button of his slacks as she did, unable to stop herself from rocking her hips into his in anticipation. Connor lifted the both of them slightly, sliding his pants and boxers down in one go.

Pressing a rough kiss to Olivia's lips, he tightly wrapped his arm around her waist, turning them over and leaning over her, his hand firmly planted into the mattress next to her head. "Need me huh?" His words were mumbled into her lips, his length brushing against Olivia's thigh slightly.

She nodded quickly, trying to shift her hips up, any sort of friction being sought out. "Use your words Olivia," Connor cooed out, dipping his head down to catch one of her nipples in his mouth. A soft gasp left her mouth as she looked down at him.

"Please Connor," Her voice was practically a whine as he sucked softly, popping off before kissing towards her other breast. He was clearly relishing in her begging, another please slipping off her tongue with a moan.

Slowly he ran a hand up her inner thigh, stopping just where she wanted him, "Please what baby? I'm not a mind reader," He sucked a mark under her boob, trailing his tongue up her collarbone as he ghosted a thumb over the only piece of fabric on her body.

Olivia tried to push into the touch, Connor tsk'ing slightly, "Please touch me Connor-'' Using his other hand, he slid a hand down her side, lifting his head to look down at the girl underneath him.

"I am touching you," The clear smirk on his face made her cheeks redden.

"You're not touching me," Olivia practically groaned out, lifting her hips to him. The man lifted his eyebrows, giving her a look. "Jesus, Connor can you just, please fuck me?" She looked back at him, the slight nod of her head making her breathe out a sigh, his thumb rubbing circle on her over her panties.

Slowly he leaned down, kissing her again, "There we go," Was all he said before he hooked his index finger into her underwear and pulled the soaking garment off of her, leaving her bare to the world, to him.

Shifting up onto his knees he slid a finger over her slit, watching as her back arched slightly, "All this for me?" He slipped the digit inside of her, hooking up slightly as he watched her face twist. "God you're already so wet Liv," His words alone had her skin burning.

She looked up at him, meeting his gaze as he slid in a second finger, hooking it the same way, this time pumping his fingers, watching her eyes squeeze shut, "Fuck, Connor, please-" Her voice caught, her legs trying to squeeze shut.

Connor simply pushed them apart again, shifting closer to her. "I suppose you've been good enough," He pulled his hand away from her, bringing the digits up to her mouth, "Open." The one word was said with such demand that it only took a second for Olivia's lips to part and for Connor to push them into her mouth. "Good girl," He praised, the words going right to the bundle of nerves in between the girl's legs.

The doctor brought both of his hands back down to her hips, pulling Olivia almost against him, leaving enough space to line himself up with her. "You ready?" His voice low as she nodded. If she had to wait any longer she might have imploded.

"Yes," As soon as the word left her mouth, Connor shifted, slowly pushing into her. A shared moan filled the room, Olivia reaching up to grab onto his arm as her eyes rolled back. The way he stretched her was almost blissful.

He stopped halfway in, soothingly rubbing circles into her hips, "Tell me if it's too much okay?" Connor said comfortingly, looking down at the screwed up face she was making. He knew she would but he had to say it.

"Keep going please, I- I want to feel all of you," Olivia slid her hand up his arm and to the side of his neck, pulling him down into a kiss, his lips distracting from the faint pain as he bottomed out against her.

She bit at his lip, sliding her tongue against it as they waited the few seconds for the pain to be replaced by pure pleasure. "You good?" Connor questioned against her lips, his hand brushing hair off of her face as he pulled back to look at her.

Olivia gave him a reassuring smile, "Yeah, you can move now," She swallowed thickly as he pulled himself back, slowly and painstakingly thrusting back into her. Her mouth dropped open as he moved, her hands sliding up his back. "God Connor faster, please." Another beg slipped from her mouth.

In one movement he looped his arms under her legs, lifting her hips slightly, pushing deeper into her as his thrusts sped up just slightly. A moan rumbled in Olivia's chest, her nails pressing into the skin of his back.

"Like that?" He cockily asked, shifting them again so he could reach the exact angle he knew would have her in shambles. "Or like that?" Olivia could barely get a word out as each syllable got replaced with a noise that Connor wished he could record to listen to at a later date.

With one hand he pushed her legs up, placing one onto his shoulder as he fucked into her faster, his name sliding off of her tongue with each hit to the spot inside of her. It didn't take long for her stomach to tighten, the grip on him firmer.

Olivia whined out loudly, her face scrunching up, "Connor I-" He leaned forward to suck a mark onto her neck, the stretch of her leg only adding to the feeling that was growing. "I'm so close, fuck-"

Her statement only egged him on, the hand holding her leg up falling down to her clit, rubbing in time with each thrust. "Go ahead, cum for me, let me see how good I made you feel," Connor looked down at her, "But I want you to look at me while you do it," The added comment pulled her eyes to him.

"Fucking shit-" She did her best to keep her eyes locked on his as her body trembled, clenching tightly around him, her high making her head go all fuzzy. The girl's back arched off the bed, along with a string of curses and his name mixed together with moans that milked Connor's orgasm right out of him too.

His thrusts got sloppy, until he pushed in one final time, letting himself fully release as he firmly kissed her. Olivia let out a shaky breath, panting slightly as she kissed him back, her hand twisting into his hair.

After a couple of seconds, Connor slid out and off of her, shifting to lay on his back, pulling her to his chest. "You know how I said you were beautiful earlier?" He spoke quietly, putting his arm around him.

"Mhm," Olivia hummed faintly, shifting to look up at him, "I do," She muttered, pressing a faint kiss to his chest before he looked back down at her.

He couldn't fight off the smile on his face before he spoke so he just sighed, "You look even more beautiful under me," Before she could say anything in response he shifted to kiss the top of her head, keeping a hold of her.

Olivia's face burned as she turned her gaze away from him, curling herself into his side. "You cold?" He asked after a couple moments, already shifting to pull the blanket down so he could pull it over them

"I wasn't, but thank you," She put her arm over his stomach, laying her head against him as he hummed in response. It was comfortable, the warmth of his body against hers felt like a cozy hug all in itself, cozy enough for both of them to fall asleep.

A faint buzzing hit Olivia's ear as she slowly blinked awake. The room around her came into view but as it did the faint pounding in her head came with it. She went to sit up, being stopped by the tight grip around her that she tracked to the man with his chest to her back. Right, Connor.

Her face burned as bits of last night floated to the front of her mind, the buzzing on the floor stopping only to resume seconds later. It had to be someone from work. In an attempt to go unnoticed as she got up, Olivia lifted Connor's arm off of her, leaning off the edge of the bed to find her small purse.

It of course was a few feet away, too far for her to get to without getting up. "Where you going so early?" Connor replaced the arm over her, smiling sleepily at her when she rolled over to face him.

"I think someone's calling me, I have to get it," Once more she tried to get up, Connor's grip simply tightening as he leaned forward and kissed her shoulder, breathing out softly against her warm skin.

"Mmm, just stay here," He tried to convince her, knowing it wouldn't work but he was just so damn comfortable. "I don't want you to go," If she had any other job then maybe his pleas would be met and she would sink back into the mattress.

Except she didn't have a different job. If she was getting called it was important, time sensitive even. "I can't," She lifted up slightly to catch his lips in a brief kiss, "Watch out." This time he obliged, taking the chance to ogle at her as she walked across the room to the purse that was hooked onto the door knob.

"Mm, at least you look good walking away," He watched as Olivia turned back to give him a pointed glare, a bashful smile on her face as she took her phone out.

5 missed calls. 3 from Kevin and the other two from her boss. "Shit, I have to go, uh," Her eyes landed on the dress from the night before and she sighed, reaching to pick it up, dreading walking out in it.

"No, don't bother," Connor swung himself off the bed, going to his dresser. "Here, definitely more comfortable than a cocktail dress." He pulled out a pair of sweatpants for her, and for himself before taking out a shirt for each of them as well.

Olivia went to decline, Connor quickly stopping her with a kiss. "Don't, you can give them back to me tonight. After we have dinner," He dropped his hands to her hips as she looked up at him.

An eyebrow cocked up as she smiled faintly, "You want to have dinner?" Olivia's voice was low and he nodded, humming. "Where?" There was a pause as Connor thought of a place, somewhere he hadn't been in a while.

"You'll see, I'll pick you up, what's a good time for you? 8? 9?" He kept his grip on her as he spoke.

"Probably nine to be safe, I don't know what they need me for yet so... if anything changes I'll let you know." She reached past him to grab the clothes, being directed to the en suite before she could say anything else.

As soon as she was dressed, she pocketed her phone, went outside and called a taxi back to her place. Connor would have brought her home but his car still sat outside of his father's place with a valet ticket in the window. He promised he'd have it back by tonight but he made sure to walk her outside, parting ways with one last kiss.

Once in the backseat she gave the driver the address and called Kevin back. " Hey there sleeping beauty, where are you? " His voice made its way through the speaker, the blush creeping on her face as she thought about lying to him, deciding against it.

"Uh, leaving Connor's... I'm assuming we caught a case?" A faint mhm from the other end, "Alright, well I have to uh, shower when I get to my place but send me the address or whatever and I'll be there as soon as possible." She bit at her lip, catching the glance back the taxi driver gave.

Kevin laughed faintly through the phone, " So you're doin' the walk of shame as we speak, huh? " He teased, hearing the scoff she gave him from her end.

"Oh my god... just text me, I'm not talking about this with you,"

" Will do Ols, hope you used protec- " Olivia hung up mid sentence, hiding her face until she got to her house, quickly paying the driver and practically running inside, hard to do with the heels she still had to wear but she made it work.

Olivia quickly showered, changed into a work appropriate outfit and footwear before instantly heading to the address Kevin had texted her minutes after they hung up. The road was blocked off, the girl having to show her badge to be let in, adjusting her clothes as she joined the rest of the team.

Jay was the first she saw, lifting her head to him, "Hey, what do we got?" He turned to her, lifting his eyebrows as he instantly spotted the very prominent love bites on her neck. Before he could even comment on it she shook her head. "Don't."

"Wasn't gonna," He rolled his lips to hide the smile on his face before waving her into the next room. "Jessica Russell. 36. Lawyer. Husband found her early this morning when he got home from work." Kevin and Hailey were looking through drawers on the other side of the room as Jay directed her to the wall next to the door.

'The reckoning'

Her eyebrows pulled together, "What the hell does that mean?" She turned to them, getting shrugs from the younger detective.

"We don't know. Kim and Adam are out doing knock and talks. Voight's talking to the husband out front and we're trying to find anything we can that might tell us what it means." He sighed, clasping his hands together, "Now you know what we do."

Olivia nodded, letting out a breath, "You got an extra pair of gloves?"

"I do," Kevin spoke up, digging into his pocket as she walked over to him, a grin creeping onto his face. "Here, phew," He let out a low whistle, looking at her. Quickly she snatched them, her entire face burning as she snapped them on.

Without saying anything she went into the office next to the bedroom, looking through the drawers. But they didn't find anything. At all. She was just a run of the mill lawyer and they had no idea what the hell they were getting themselves into.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 791 32
One night completely changes Lia's life forever. Meeting her brothers will prove to bring both bad and good times. Will she be able to adjust to her...
20.1K 327 26
It was just a summer romance that left them both breathless. They were falling for each other hard and fast.. He thought he had met the one. But then...
132K 1.7K 36
(Y\N) is a medical prodigy who moves to Chicago but when a massive warehouse fire leads to many casualties she realises emergency medicine is harder...
1.2K 255 20
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...