Supergirl: Between Two Stars...

By MRArcher_writer

Prepare to be immersed in a showdown between the invincible Supergirl and her most dangerous adversary yet... More

Book Cover
Author's Note
Book Dedication
List of Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Autumn Sol
Chapter 2 - Maxwell Lord's Desires
Chapter 3 - Alex's choice
Chapter 4 - Sister Talk
Chapter 5 - Game Night 2.0
Chapter 6 - A Tempting Invitation
Chapter 7 - Changing Patterns of Attraction
Chapter 8 - The Spy Who Sang: An Unexpected Mission
Chapter 9 - Faster than a Shooting Star
Chapter 10 - Secrets of Solitude
Chapter 11 - A Drop In The Bucket
Chapter 12 - Undercover In Vientiane
Chapter 13 - Air Diplomacy
Chapter 15 - Battle of Strength
Chapter 16 - Superman finds Kara Danvers
Chapter 17 - Recovery and Discovery
Chapter 18 - The Corridors Of The Fortress
Chapter 19 - The Hidden Forest Under The Ice
Chapter 20 - The New Star At CatCo Worldwide Media
Chapter 21 - The Interview Of Winn
Chapter 22 - Family Ties and Hidden Agendas
Chapter 23 - Revealing OMAC's Secrets
Chapter 24 - Enter The Vanguard Unit
Chapter 25 - Mon-El Has a Girlfriend
Chapter 26 - National City Battle
Chapter 27 - Guardians In Combat
Chapter 28 - Midnight Spotlight
Chapter 29 - Acts and Omissions
Chapter 30 - Food For Thought
Chapter 31 - CatCo in Despair
Chapter 32 - Supergirl Goes To Prison
Chapter 33 - The Final Countdown
Chapter 34 - The Daxamites Are Coming
Chapter 35 - Two Months Later...
Epilogue - Supergirl Goes Through The Stargate
Supergirl Will Return
Dear Reader

Chapter 14 - Two Peas in a Pod

44 6 18
By MRArcher_writer

Chapter 14 - Two Peas in a Pod

(Note: Listen to the soundtrack "Rites of Passage" bt Scott Buckley as you read the next two chapters)

Supergirl dashed towards the main gate, she felt bad for leaving the others alone. Nonetheless, she had faith in Grant's capability to handle the situation. Bullets hit her, but she paid them no mind. Moving in a zigzag pattern, she incapacitated each soldier with precision, making sure they were only temporarily unconscious. Using her super breath, she knocked down those positioned at higher vantage points and used her heat vision to disable the tower guns. Time was of the essence, and she wasted none of it. Using her x-ray vision, she quickly identified the location of the hostages—an enclosed room in the left wing of the building, secured by fifteen armed men. With graceful finesse, she incapacitated the adversaries in her path, causing minimal damage to the valuable artwork displayed in the halls. The plan was proceeding smoothly.

"How's everything going, Kara?" Superman's voice came through the communication channel.

"I'm nearly at the location, Superman. Just a few more seconds and I'll have the situation under control," she responded. "And what about Equus?"

"He's proving to be quite resilient, but I'll handle him and his men. Keep me updated on your progress."

Amidst the screams and laser shots she heard in the background, she admired his ability to maintain composure in such an extreme situation.

When she arrived, she momentarily stepped back, taking a moment to assess the situation. She used her X-ray vision once more, confirming the presence of 15 armed men, with 5 of them inside the room where the hostages were held captive. Carefully counting 9 hostages in total, she knew that a direct approach risked alerting the armed men inside the room and endangering the lives of the government representatives. She devised a plan, realizing that it would take a bit more time to execute, but it would minimize casualties.

With precision and skill, she blasted her heat vision to gradually melt the receivers of the machine guns, making sure the heat remained undetectable by the armed men. Each gun was disabled in a careful and calculated manner, just like a surgical procedure. By the time she finished, all their weapons were useless, making possible for a stealthy and silent attack. Moving fast, she knocked out each soldier, leaving them unconscious. The final soldier attempted to fire at her, but the inoperative machine gun posed no threat. With a gentle fist bump, she knocked him down as well.

The most challenging part was coming to an end. Supergirl used her freeze breath to create a mist in the vicinity, making herself virtually invisible in the fog. She tapped on the door in a friendly manner, but received no response. She knocked once more, allowing a few seconds to pass, until two men emerged from the mist. The hostages watched with unease, silently observing the strange situation. Among the tension, a third soldier screamed and fired his weapon at the door in desperation. Still, there was no response.

The mist slowly entered the smaller room, obeying the laws of diffusion, as a light breeze went past the man positioned at the door. He turned around, only to be confronted by the presence of Supergirl. With lightning speed, she disarmed him before he could react. Her appearance was that of a dark angelic figure, dressed in black armor, radiating a beauty that commanded both respect and fear in the eyes of her adversaries. She advanced towards the remaining two soldiers, who discarded their guns and knelt before the awe-inspiring embodiment of justice.

She placed her palm on her left ear and spoke into her earpiece, connecting with Superman. "Superman, I've successfully secured the hostages. I'll arrange transportation and escort them to the rendezvous point. Are you safe?"

"Good to hear. I'm fine for now. It's just me and Equus left. I've neutralized his men, and here's the interesting part: they're all inferior versions of Equus. Individuals who subjected themselves to bizarre scientific alterations in pursuit of power and wealth."

"For Rao's sake, that's horrible. I'll be careful, don't worry. Supergirl out."

"Always," Superman replied cheerfully.

As Supergirl approached the room where the hostages were held, she was struck by the blunt contrast between the turmoil outside and the unsettling calm within. The room was dimly lit, the walls had beautiful works of art that served as a backdrop to the tense atmosphere. The hostages huddled together, their faces showing fear and relief as they caught sight of Supergirl's silhouette in the doorway. A glimmer of hope presented in their eyes, reflecting the gratitude they felt towards their rescuer. She felt responsible for their lives, knowing she couldn't fail at this moment and would bring them to safety, no matter the obstacles.

"Alright, everyone. I'm Supergirl, and I'm here to escort you to a safe location. Is there any available transportation that can take us away from here?"

"Thank you, Supergirl, for rescuing us. I'm Phouvanh Phanthalangsy, one of the Judges of the Supreme Court. There's an underground garage not far from here. It's in close proximity to us," he replied respectfully.

"That's excellent. Please lead the way, Mr. Phouvanh. I'll provide cover for you. Everyone, let's move quickly. We can't afford to waste a single minute here."

When they were on the verge of reaching the garage, Supergirl sensed the building vibrating, indicating the approach of more soldiers. She focused her senses and realized they were coming from below. She quickly halted the group.

"Hold on, everyone! Mr. Phouvanh, is there an alternative route to the garage?"

He paused for a moment, contemplating the situation. "Yes, if we take that route, we can use the emergency stairs. It might take us longer, but it's an option," he replied, offering a solution.

"Good to know. Mr. Phouvanh, lead everyone down this way quickly. They're approaching!" Supergirl urgently instructed the group.

"Who's coming?" A woman in the crowd asked, her voice trembling.

"I'm not sure. I'm using my X-ray vision, but I can't see them clearly. Please, just trust me and go. I'll catch up with you later."

The group followed her guidance and made their way down the stairs. Supergirl couldn't see the enemy, but she could hear them approaching. They were coming from three different directions, a deliberate strategy to disorient her. However, Supergirl was prepared for anything that came her way.

A shriek came exploding its way from the floor violently throwing Supergirl off her feet. As she struggled to regain her composure, her eyes focused on an intimidating figure emerging from the dust. It stood tall and grotesque, a reflection of a cyborg, half-machine, half-human with a slender and sinister appearance.

"Well, well, well," a distorted, robotic voice came from a female figure resembling Equus. "What do we have here? The Supergirl from National City, wearing big boy pants, are we?"

Supergirl stood up, straightening her suit very calmly, refusing to display fear in the presence of the cybernetic woman standing in front of her. She observed as armored men emerged from all sides, encircling them.

"And who might you be, lady? Just like Equus, a coward who needs guns to intimidate people? I'm not impressed!" She snapped back, dismissing the situation with a light chuckle.

"My name is Ignisia, pretty girl," the cybernetic woman said, her metallic voice menacing. "I must say, I find your attitude quite intriguing. I am well aware of your reputation and your... shall we say, more assertive approach compared to your counterpart. Let's not forget your encounter with Non and his feeble army of Kryptonians, whom you dispatched into the depths of space, getting rid of them all. Impressive, you kill your enemies, indeed."

Ignisia laughed darkly, her red eyes glowing with hostility. "But don't mistake my curiosity for weakness, Supergirl. I am not to be underestimated. Spare me your righteous speeches and futile attempts to reason with me. In this battle, only one of us will emerge alive. And let's see if you truly live up to your deadly reputation. Don't worry, we might have some fun after all."

Supergirl gasped when she heard Ignisia's words. The fact that she was aware of her past actions, particularly her difficult decision to save Earth from Non and his Kryptonian horde, caught her off guard. It seemed that Ignisia was attempting to play mind games, using the knowledge to unsettle her. However, Kara refused to be influenced by malicious words or second-guess her choices. She wasn't in the mood to listen to empty threats regarding the decisions she made to save Earth in the previous year.

"The only thing I'll say is that I'm stronger and faster than Superman. If you're looking for a fight, be prepared for the consequences. I know you're well aware of what that means, Ignisia. If you choose to challenge me, I won't hold back. Consider this your warning, sweetheart." Supergirl wanted to assert her superiority and keep Ignisia at bay with her bold words.

Ignisia displayed an aura of menace, her cybernetic form twisted into a mocking semblance of humanity. With each movement, she demonstrated confidence and fear, her red eyes gleaming with malicious intent. Her voice dripped with contempt as she tried to taunt Supergirl, relishing in the fear she instilled. Ignisia exuded cruelty, her every action calculated to unsettle her opponent. As flames encircled from her mouth, she reveled in the fear she infused.

"Do you know why they call me Ignisia?" She sneered with malice. "Because I take pleasure in igniting the worst fears in people and set their world ablaze!" She said her words with a malevolent laugh and exhaled a stream of scorching flames from her mouth, engulfing Supergirl in an red-orange inferno.

The intense heat depleted the oxygen around them, leaving Supergirl struggling to breathe. While the flames didn't harm her physically, the lack of air disrupted her balance. Thankfully, her Stealth Suit kicked into action, generating a protective helmet and activating dim lights in her visor to aid her vision. Ignisia pounced on Supergirl, and the two engaged in a fierce exchange of punches.

"Die, you miserable woman!" Ignisia shouted angrily.

______________________________

How do you think Supergirl can defeat Ignisia?
Stay tuned!

In a week Iginisia and Supergirl are set to face off in Chapter 15 - Battle of Strength. Make sure to catch the action as the two collide in this intense showdown. Don't miss it!

#UnleashThePower #Chapter15 #BattleOfStrength #MustRead 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 10.5K 45
Isabella had never really fit into the mold that her family was forcing her in. Luckily, she finds a place that accepts her as she is. However, she d...
10.5K 372 20
Before Mon-el's arrival on earth, though Kara was having many friends, a good family of sister and mother, She always felt something was missing, lik...
214K 6K 52
Who is Kara Danvers? Is she Supergirl, Marley Rose, Kara Danvers or all three? ❝ Everybody wonders who they are at some point in their lives ❞ | Alex...
724 139 20
The girl who lost everything, went through the most horrible events and decided to survive. How will her life change? Fanfiction made by @Argy_Si & @...