in the middle of the chaos |...

Bởi alexspotatoes

- in the middle of the chaos, there was you. also available on ao3! SEASON 1 [ COMPLETED ] SEASON 2 [ CO... Xem Thêm

introduction
playlist
1 | in the middle of the enlistment
3 | in the middle of flying
4 | in the middle of the forest
5 | in the middle of the kidnapping
6 | in the middle of the letter
7 | in the middle of the starry sky
8 | in the middle of their youth
9 | in the middle of home
10 | in the middle of the shop
11 | in the middle of the blizzard
12 | in the middle of the hand-to-hand training
13 | in the middle of the graduation
14 | in the middle of the reappearance of the colossal titan
15 | in the middle of the despair
16 | in the middle of the lift
17 | in the middle of the family reunion
18 | in the middle of carrying the boulder
19 | in the middle of the regiment choice
20 | in the middle of putting on the green cloak
21 | in the middle of nowhere
22 | in the middle of the baiting
23 | in the middle of dauper village
24 | in the middle of the betrayal
25 | in the middle of limping
26 | in the middle of finding out
27 | in the middle of the anniversary
28 | in the middle of staining their hands
29 | in the middle of jean's dumb plan
30 | in the middle of being free citizens
31 | in the middle of the crystal cave
32 | in the middle of orvud district
33 | in the middle of the coronation
34 | in the middle of informing
35 | in the middle of returning to the cadet corps
36 | in the middle of yet another squabble

2 | in the middle of balancing

877 58 19
Bởi alexspotatoes

True to her word, Y/n had dragged Sasha to sit with her and the other boy the next morning. Though, it seemed as if she didn't care who she sat with as long as she got to eat. She devoured her breakfast like a starving animal before she started begging the other four on the table for more.

''Come on, you guys, I didn't get to eat yesterday!'' Sasha tried to make herself sound pitiful, which ended up working in her favor — Marco and Y/n handed their breads over. Without asking, Y/n generously donated Jean's too.

''Hey! I was gonna eat that!'' Jean protested, though he didn't try to take his bread back.

Y/n turned to look at him, her eyes tired. ''You heard the girl, she didn't eat yesterday. Take pity on her, Jean-Bo, she needs the energy.''

By the time Y/n had said that, Sasha had devoured the three additional breads and was now wrestling with Connie for his.

Jean narrowed his eyes. ''I think she's got plenty of energy, alright.''

''We'll begin by testing your aptitude! If you can't do this, you're not even fit for bait!''

It was their first day of training — they were to be tested on their balance for the ODM gear.

''You good at balancing, Sasha?'' Y/n asked, looking at her new friend.

Sasha looked up, putting a finger to her chin. ''Huh, I'm not sure. I guess? How hard can it be?''

''If you need help, girls, you can always ask me,'' Jean spoke from Y/n's other side, his eyes crossed and his whole body radiating confidence.

Y/n was between Jean and Sasha — Sasha was swinging around as if she was on a swing, having no problems. Y/n even dared to cross her arms as her balance, too, was good. Jean, on the other hand, had his arms to his sides, trying his best to balance without wiggling.

She couldn't help but laugh. ''You need some help, Jean-Bo?''

Jean glared, though he didn't turn his head to her. He was too concentrated on not face-planting like Jeager a few places down. ''Shut up, Y/n!'' Eventually, Jean, too, found his balance. Then he started scoff about Jeager.

She hadn't been there, but apparently he'd gotten in a fight with Eren over the fact that Eren wanted to join the Survey Corps. Honestly, how dumb was Jean? What did he care who wanted to join which regiment?

Y/n rolled her eyes once she was free from the equipment. ''Stop being an ass to people, Jean.''

''Yeah, yeah.'' Jean looked away, though he stayed by her side. He looked at her a moment later, furrowing his eyebrows. ''You have something in your hair.''

''Huh? What?'' Y/n touched up to her hair, trying to get whatever was in out.

''Here, let me get it for you.'' Jean reached up, grabbed a strand of her hair.

And pulled.

''OUCH! DOUCHEBAG!'' Jean laughed at her outburst, then winced as she hit his shoulder. ''WHAT ARE YOU, SIX?''

Some heads turned, but Y/n didn't care as she glared at Jean, who was laughing at her distress.

Dinner came and the five sat together again. The topic of conversation on a lot of tables was Eren's inability to balance — it didn't help that he'd shown up looking dazed with a bandage around his head.

Jean scoffed. ''If those are the morons who want to join the Survey Corps, no wonder they still haven't been able to have a successful expedition.''

''Don't be so harsh on him, Jean. I'm sure he'll get it,'' Y/n said as she held Sasha's head so she won't be able to reach the four breads everyone had put out of her reach.

''No, Jean's right,'' Connie agreed. ''I mean, he was the only one who didn't manage to do it. It's not even that hard. He'll get send to the fields at this rate.''

Y/n shrugged. ''He still has until tomorrow. I think he'll get it.''

Jean quirked an eyebrow. ''Why're you defending him? Some people just suck and that's okay.''

Y/n shrugged. ''I admire his determination. Maybe a miracle would happen and he'll manage tomorrow.''

''Or maybe he's gonna get kicked out because he just sucks,'' Jean pressed.

Y/n raised her brows. ''I don't think so. Wanna bet, Jean-Bo?'' Having stopped paying attention, Y/n's grip on Sasha slackened and the girl managed to get to the bread stash, earning a groan from Connie.

''What do you wanna bet?'' Jean asked. ''What's there to bet?''

Y/n shrugged. ''I don't know. The winner gets the other's bread for a week?''

''You guys shouldn't bet food, you should—''

''Fine. Deal.'' Jean smirked, ignoring Marco. ''My stomach is gonna be pretty full for the next week.''

Connie scoffed. ''Yeah, if Sasha doesn't eat it first.'' He was glaring at the girl, who was happily eating everyone's bread, no remorse seen on her face.

''We'll see about that, Jean-Bo.'' Y/n looked up. She noticed Eren and Armin getting up from their table and leaving. ''Hey, Jean, can you return my bowl?''

''Huh? Why would I—''

''Thanks!'' Y/n rushed off before he can decline, walking over to Eren and Armin.

''Hey there!''

The two boys jumped, looking back at her. ''Uh, hi?''

Y/n smiled at the two, her hands behind her back. ''You're Eren, right? So sorry about what happened today.''

Eren nodded. ''I— yeah. Thanks.'' He seemed rather flustered. ''You did great, though! It looked like you weren't moving at all! How'd you do it?''

Y/n shrugged. ''Oh, no idea, honestly. I guess I kind of used my legs to balance. I put one to the front and one to the back. And maybe you should try using your arms as well? You just have to spread your limbs evenly and then you should be fine, I think!'' Y/n explained, though she wasn't sure if that even made sense. ''Anyway, you better manage tomorrow, because I bet my bread on you!''

The three were now standing outside the mess hall. More people were leaving, passing by them.

Eren's eyes widened. ''You bet on me? With who?''

''You probably know him, Jean Kirstein?'' Y/n offered.

Eren scoffed. ''Oh, him.''

Armin finally piped in. ''You're friends with him, right?''

Y/n nodded. ''Yeah, we're best friends.''

''How can you tolerate him, he's so annoying,'' Eren confessed. ''No offense.''

Y/n laughed. ''Oh, tell me about it. I've known him practically since birth.'' She shrugged. ''I don't know, I guess he's not that bad once you get to know him.''

''Hard to believe.''

Jean exited the mess hall as if on cue, glaring at Y/n as his eyes fell on her. ''Hey, don't just leave your stuff like that again!''

Y/n gave him a smile. ''Thanks for putting them away, Jean-Bo!'' Y/n looked behind him, seeing only Connie and Marco following him. ''Where's Sasha?''

Marco gave her a smile. ''She stayed back to talk with Mikasa.''

Y/n's eyes widened. ''What?'' Does Sasha have a death wish? She's worse than Eren! ''I gotta go! Good luck tomorrow, Eren, I'm sure you can do it!'' Y/n quickly ran back in.

Jean watched her leave before he turned his gaze to Eren, who had a small blush on his cheeks. ''Hey, what're you all red for, Jeager?'' He had a teasing smirk on his face, though he felt like punching Eren in the face.

''Shut up, Horse-Face,'' Eren said before he quickly walked away, Armin in tow.

Jean scoffed, muttering under his bread. ''Moron.''

The mess hall was empty. By the time Y/n arrived in front of two girls, Mikasa was eating her bread and Sasha's smile disappeared from her face. ''Sasha!'' Y/n quickly hauled the brunette to her feet, waving apologetically to Mikasa. ''Sorry about that! She's really got an appetite, hasn't she?'' Y/n laughed awkwardly. Mikasa seemed to be almost glaring at her, though she wasn't sure exactly why. ''Uh, we're gonna go! See you at the barrack, Mikasa!''

Y/n dragged a depressed Sasha away, still feeling Mikasa's cold gaze on her back. Jeez, what's that for?

———

Y/n stood with a hand on her hip. Sasha was next to her, as was Jean. The whole 104th Cadet Corps watched as Eren was lifted with his belt, ready to take his last test. His last chance to save himself from the fields.

Jean's arms were crossed as he looked down at Y/n. ''Hope you won't go too hungry this week, Y/n.''

Y/n scoffed. ''I wouldn't be too worried, Jean-Bo.''

Eren spread his arms and legs out just how Y/n had told him, managing to find his balance. Y/n grinned, pointing a finger at Jean. ''Ha! I told you!'' Jean's face fell.

At the same time, so did Eren's.

This time, Jean was the one pointing a finger at her. ''Ha! I told you!'' He repeated mockingly. Y/n wasn't looking at him, though. She looked at Eren, her mouth open. How was this possible? He was doing it!

It was discovered his equipment was faulty. Marco was told to change his with Eren's and, once with new gear, Eren managed to balance perfectly.

''YES!'' Y/n yelled, laughing at Jean again. ''I hope you don't go too hungry this week, Jean-Bo!'' Jean scoffed and looked away. Without looking, he pushed her head to the side. ''HEY! SORE LOSER!''

And then came the ODM training.

Truthfully, this was the thing Y/n was most exited about. She was sure she wouldn't exactly need it in the interior, but it would be a cool experience for the next three years.

Every trainee picked up their gear and broke out to start putting them on. Shadis had demonstrated earlier how to put the equipment and Y/n followed the instructions as best as she could, though it was too heavy for her to pull it together so she can buckle it.

''You need help, dumbass?'' Jean spoke and Y/n looked up. His gear was already strapped and hanging on his sides.

Y/n looked back down. ''I'm fine, thanks, Horse-Face.''

''Where'd you hear that from?!" Jean asked, though Y/n ignored him as she continued trying to buckle her gear. Jean sighed and walked next to her, grabbing the sides of her gear and lifting it up. ''There you go.''

Y/n grunted. ''Thanks.'' She buckled her gear and Jean let it go, causing her knees to give out slightly under the sudden weight. ''Woah!''

Jean caught her by the elbows. ''Careful, idiot. You can't sag under your gear if you wanna come with me to the interior.''

Y/n rolled her eyes. ''It just caught me by surprise. I'll be fine.'' She pulled away from Jean. ''Thanks, though.''

''I mean it, Y/n,'' Jean said, his voice low and calm.

''I know, Jean-Bo.'' Y/n crossed her arms, the corner of her mouth twitching. ''I know you'll miss me too much if I can't come to the interior with you, so I have to pull through. Wouldn't want you to be lonely, now, would we?''

Jean scoffed. ''I have other friends.''

''But not any that you like as much as me!''

''Yeah, sure.'' Jean looked away. His eyes fell on Marco, Connie and Sasha, all three of them geared up.

''Hey, guys!'' Marco called. ''We should start heading to the woods, training is about to start.''

Y/n grinned. ''Race you to the woods, Sasha!'' She took off with no warning.

Sasha's eyes widened. ''Huh, what? HEY! NO FAIR!'' Sasha ran after Y/n. Both girls were slower than usual because of the added weight of the ODM gear.

Jean's eyebrows lifted up. ''She's about to—''

As if on cue, Y/n tripped and fell on the ground, Sasha tripping over her. The two girls quickly got up and continued running. Connie laughed at them, Marco's eyebrows furrowed in worry, while Jean face-palmed. ''Morons.''

''I WIN!'' Y/n declared out of breath, raising her fists in the air. Sasha came just behind her, also panting.

''ONLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T PLAY FAIR!'' Sasha said, pouting at her friend.

''Hey, I got up after you! You could've held the lead!''

''Yeah? Well—!''

''STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN, YOU TWO!''

Y/n and Sasha quickly shut up, looking down, yelling in sync. ''Sorry, sir!''

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12K 399 20
❝WE ARE IN THIS MESS BECAUSE I WENT ONLINE, NOW, I GOTTA GET OUT USING IT❞ [ started: 11 october 2019 ended: 12 jun...
332 15 9
∘₊✧──── 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐆 ˗ˏˋ𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙚𝙙? 𝙚...
63.8K 2.2K 24
*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗽𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼...
1.6K 92 10
𝑰𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒔. 𝒀𝒐𝒖, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕...