WHITE ROSE: Coriolanus Snow

By mlxncc

Marietta Plinth, older sister of Sejanus Plinth finds out that Coriolanus Snow who she mistook to be her brot... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 12

2.4K 24 2
By mlxncc

A horrid scream left her mouth. Something that would only belong to someone that was being tortured to death. Marietta didn't know her voice could go so high pitched. It made the birds fly away.

Coriolanus heard it and ran out the water.

(C): Marietta! Marietta where are you!

He ran and looked behind trees but he couldn't find her.

She ran north a little. A mile away from the cabin. It was silent until she screamed again. Coriolanus heard it and ran towards her.

(C): Marietta!

Coriolanus found her. She was sobbing on her knees in front of a dead man. Blood was on her arms and forehead. Coryo came running to her.

(C): What happened?! Are you alright?!
(M): I- He didn't- I had to-
(C): Calm down. Take a deep breath and calm down. Now tell me what happened.

Marietta took deep breaths. Her voice was still wobbly but she tried to speak the clearest way she could.

(M): He attacked me. Said he didn't like me because he didn't like you or something like that.
(C): He killed you because of me?
(M): I don't know! But he lunged at me. He was carrying this knife with him. I had to kill him. I killed him.

Coriolanus pulled her into a tight hug. He didn't care that blood was on him now. She held him tight and sobbed. He was shocked himself.

She was attacked because their hatred for me.

Marietta cryed harder. She regained her strength then spoke again.

(M): I'm sorry. And at one point I really did love you. But I have to do this.
(C): What are you talking about?

And at that point Marietta drove the knife into Coriolanus's abdomen. She sunk it in deep and twisted it. He fell back onto a tree, holding the knife handle. Marietta smiled as he layed there wide eyed.

(M): This is what you get. This is for Sejanus.

Then the mockingjays sung.

This is for Sejanus.

There were dozens of them repeating the same thing. That was the last thing he heard.

She looked at herself. Blood covered her hands. She ran towards the Hob. A peacekeeper was there.

(M): Help! You have to help him! He's hurt! Please help!
(T): Woah there. What happened to you?
(M): I'll explain on the way but you need to follow me!

***

Marietta cleaned up at her house. The university were to have Coriolanus's funeral later that evening. She washed twice. Once all the blood was off of her, she changed into comfortable clothes. Her father was away again and her mother was wrapped into her blanket sipping tea in the living room. She sat next to her on the couch.

(M): Hey Ma.
(M): Hi dear. I'm so sorry for what happened to Coriolanus. First Sejanus then him.
(M): We actually have to talk. I know it's going to be a lot to bear but I can't keep this from you. You deserve to know.

Then Marietta told her. About how Coriolanus had to do with Sejanus's death. Ma wailed out a cry. She buried her head in her hands.

(M): How long have you known?
(M): Just today. A boy told me in 12. After Coriolanus died.

Marietta cried. And this time it was real. She didn't let herself cry much at her brothers funeral. She felt empty then and only few tears came out. But she wasn't holding anything back anymore. She cried with her mother until the funeral.

***

(G): We are here today to recognize our very own, Coriolanus Snow. He was a leader among his piers, head Gamemaker, a university student, and a friend to many. We will always recognize his accomplishments and hold him dear in our hearts. Now, a few words will be spoken by Marietta Plinth.

Dr Gaul stepped aside. Marietta walked up to the pedestal that overlooked the crowd. Her black dress falling against her ankles as she walked. She adjusted the mic.

(M): Good evening everyone. Coriolanus was first, my friend. He was a good friend to me. He helped me with my school work and helped me study for tests when I knew I would fail. Then he was my lover. Coriolanus made me feel safe and comforted me when I needed it. Yesterday evening, I was coming from the lake with Coryo. We had gotten hungry and forgot to bring snacks. I had suggested we pick some  swamp potatoes because they would have been ripe then. Right when we found some, a man showed up. A District 12 resident. He had a knife and tried to attack Coryo. He stabbed him then tried to kill me. I took the knife from him and killed him first. I ran to the Hob to find the first peacekeeper I saw but it was too late. Coryo was already incapable of saving.

Marietta shed a few tears and her voice became wobbly again.

(M): Coryo was my lover. He was my protector. He had big dreams of becoming president of Panem. Sadly he didn't live enough to make it there. But as Dr. Gual said, we will hold him in our hearts. Thank you.

Everyone clapped and Marietta sat down. Teressa sat right next to her.

(T): Are you really sad?
(M): What do you mean?
(T): Sad about Coryo. You know what he did. So are you really sad that he died?

Marietta didn't know how to answer. She did know what kind of question that was.

(M): I know what he did. But he's apologized and he regrets it. I don't fully forgive him but yes, I am upset.
(T): Hmm.

Marietta fixed her posture.

***

The funeral was being broadcasted all over Panem. People around the square in 12 saw it. Roman saw Marietta's speech and tried to suppress a smile.

What really happened

Marietta had found the cabin made with concrete not far from the lake. She went inside and opened the duffle bag that had guns in it. She didn't need all those. She looked around for anything else. She found a knife sitting on the table. She took it and waited behind the house. She knew Coriolanus would suspect something sense his last visit with Lucy Gray so she took a different approach.

She screamed then ran North. There lied the dead body Roman moved 30 minutes before they arrived. She stabbed him well enough so there was a whole she could stick her fingers in. She did and spread some of his blood on her arms and on her forehead.

Coriolanus found her then.

***

Marietta had visited Tigris's shop after the funeral. The feline like lady was standing behind her desk.

(M): As you may know the job is done.

Marietta looked around and pulled out a blood red dress with ruffles.

(T): Well done. Your plan was brilliant. I couldn't pull that off.
(M): I had a little help. An ex fling decided to help me with a few things. The rest was my idea.
(T): What was his name?
(M): Roman.
(T): Do you still care for him?

Marietta looked at Tigris.

(M): That's not what I came to talk about.
(T): I'll take that for a yes. He lives in 12?
(M): Yes.
(T): You should bring him here.
(M): I don't know if he'd come. He supposed to be dating this red headed chick. I wish I had killed her too.
(T): Sounds like he's not dating her anymore. That boy has eyes for you only and always has.
(M): Whatever. I want this.

She placed the dress on the counter.

(T): What do you plan to do now?
(M): Do all the things Coriolanus couldn't of course. Now that I avenged my baby brother I'm at peace now. How much for the dress?
(T): I could see you as president. You'd be a much better ruler than him. Would you continue the Hunger Games though?
(M): That I'm not sure of. What would we do honestly? It applies order for the country.
(T): But it's also cruel Marietta.
(M): I know. We could finish this years. And maybe next years. The arena has already been started. Coryo told me. I would still work with what he has though. The victors would be sent home to the victors village. They would have a nice house and other victors from that district would live there too. But that's it. Just this years and next years. Then it will stop. I promise.

Tigris tilted her head down then up and nodded.

(T): The dress is on the house. You did all of us a favor. Might as well pay it back.
(M): Thank you Tigris.

Marietta walked out of the store.

***

(M): Marietta it's for you!

Marietta walked out of her room and into the living room. Aiden, Teressa's boyfriend was standing in the living room. His curly hair was wet and his blue eyes looked darker than they usually do.

Ma left the room and Marietta sat down. Aiden smiled.

(A): So lover boys dead. That didn't take long. Sooner then I thought it would though. But you're too smart for that.
(M): Excuse me?
(A): C'mon now Marietta. I'm not an idiot.

Aiden sits down in the chair across from Marietta.

(A): That little heartfelt speech may have fooled the people at the funeral, but it didn't fool me. I know you killed him. District 12 was a great place to do it also so I have to give you that.

Marietta cleared her throat. She didn't know if to fess up or do keep playing dumb. She didn't know if to trust Aiden. He was the school popular boy and like Teressa, if he knew half the school would too. That's what made them so perfect for each other.

(A): But don't worry. I'm not going to tell anyone, promise. That kid was annoying anyway. And what he did to JJ was fucked up.
(M): You still call him that stupid nickname?
(A): C'mon he liked it your bound to also.

Marietta chuckled.

(A): That's just why it shocked me that you were so in love with him. But whatever the job is done.

He sat back in the chair. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

(M): How are you and Teressa?
(A): We broke up.

Marietta's mouth parted in shock. That's the last thing she'd thought would happen.

(A): Guessing she didn't tell you. We broke up while you were on your trip with Coryo. Wanna guess why?

Marietta tilted her head the way she would when interested.

(A): Because she was inlove with him. And she didn't truly believe that you were. She would talk about the dude all the time when she was with her other friends. Then get quiet when I came around. Pathetic. She knew the only chance she had at a boyfriend was me. So she kept me. But she didn't really love me. She just knew I loved her.

Marietta paused for a minute.

(M): Is that why you look bad?

Aiden laughed.

(A): You'd be one to point that out. And yeah sure that's a part of it.
(M): What's the other part?
(A): Lack of motivation to do anything to make me feel better. Or look better.
(M): I have something that might make you feel better. Just a little bit though.
(A): By all means.

Marietta went into her kitchen and took out two wine glasses. She went in the cabinet and took out her father's wine bottle. She poured some for her and for Aiden.

She walked around and handled him the cup. He took a sip and sighed.

(M): I used to sneak it but my mother caught me and didn't say anything. So I don't care anymore.
(A): This does help a bit.

He finished the rest in two gulps. Marietta smiled and sipped some.

(A): Trying to get me drunk is crazy.
(M): Calm yourself it's just one glass.
(A): You have plans now that he's gone?
(M): Yeah. Roman is gonna move back finally.
(A): Oh your ex that got banished or whatever for cheating? You're still inlove with him?
(M): Something like that.

Marietta smiled and Aiden laughed.

(A): That's gonna be fun.
(M): Shut up. You have any plans now that you two are split up?
(A): Work on myself. That's all I can do. Have fun being single.
(M): Yeah.
(A): But I'm happy for you. I hope the best for both of you.
(M): You too. Thank you for visiting.
(A): No problem. Have a good night Marietta.
(M): You the same Aiden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.4K 25
"you're a dream, truly." summary: you didn't meet the requirements for the plinth prize, only to find out that you're not just missing out on that- y...
135K 4K 25
❝ It annoyed me that I could act like such a carefree child, and it made me want to lash out at the weeds, who knew nothing but to grow taller. I wan...
7.2K 233 22
the king of panem is in search of a bride. and, for reasons you can never understand, coriolanus snow has set his sights on you. it would never be a...
46.4K 1.2K 41
In an alternate reality where the sister of Coriolanus Snow survives childbirth, and how she changes the events of Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and...