SpongeBob SquarePants: Unders...

By Cole11223

Okay, now don't judge me for publishing two new stories on the same day. So, here's season two of the franchi... More

Episode 1: The Best Employee
Episode 2: Big Bad Bully
Episode 3: Karate Kidders
Episode 4: Oh Brother
Episode 5: Haunting Under the Sea
Episode 6: SpongeBob & the Ice Cream Factory
Episode 7: Comic Cons
Episode 8: Babysittin'
Episode 9: Seeing Stars
Episode 10: Wish You a Spongy Christmas
Episode 11: Pranks for Nothing
Episode 12: Happy Spongiversary
Episode 13: Birthday Flake
Episode 14: The Flight Stuff

Episode 15: One Last Stand (Season Finale)

50 0 9
By Cole11223

In Jellyfish Fields SpongeBob and Patrick were going to the fields. As the ranger was putting up the sign, SpongeBob and Patrick show up and tap him on the shoulder. The ranger then turns around and notices SpongeBob and Patrick with their nets.

Ranger:
What are you two doing here so early?

SpongeBob:
You know what they say the early scallop gets the worm.

Ranger:
Whatever. Right this way.

SpongeBob:
Aren't you forgetting something?

The ranger then face palmed with a sigh but regardless he took out a clipboard and pen.

Ranger:
Please show me your........jellyfishing licenses.

SpongeBob and Patrick showed their jellyfishing license and the ranger wrote them down on a his clipboard. SpongeBob and Patrick then went into the fields and frolicked down the grassy fields and SpongeBob caught a jellyfish in his net. Patrick then swung and caught two jellyfish.

Patrick:
Hey SpongeBob, the jellyfish are good today.

SpongeBob:
They sure are. Hey you know what this gets me in the mood for?

Patrick:
You don't mean.....

SpongeBob:
Oh I mean.....

Both:
The jellyfishing song!

SpongeBob then takes out his pitch pipe and blows into, it signaling himself and Patrick to begin singing.

SpongeBob and Patrick then laughed and toppled over into the grassy fields. A jellyfish them came by and SpongeBob pulled up his net to catch it. The two then got up and continued to laugh.

SpongeBob:
I love Jellyfish Fields, Patrick, the sky.

Patrick:
The grass.

SpongeBob:
The fresh breeze.

Patrick:
The flowers.

SpongeBob:
The sunny days.

Patrick:
That billboard.

SpongeBob:
Yeah.......billboard? What billboard?

Patrick:
That one. Right behind you.

SpongeBob turns around and sees that their was indeed a billboard behind him. Only what the billboard was for terrified him.

SpongeBob:
You are standing on the future sight of the ATOLL HIGHWAY!!!!!  Patrick do you know what this means?

Patrick:
Yeah, it's a big road where the boats are always going on and......

SpongeBob:
I know what a highway is, I meant what happens to the jellyfish. If the city builds this highway then Jellyfish Fields will be destroyed!

Patrick:
Oh no! We gotta stop this!

SpongeBob and Patrick then leave and set off to stop the construction. As Larry was lifting weights when suddenly SpongeBob and Patrick are sitting where the weights once were.

SpongeBob:
Larry hurry we need your help! The new highway is coming and.......

Larry:
Oh yeah that new highway will be great don't you think?

SpongeBob:
What no! Larry we have to.....

Larry:
They say it will be as strong as if muscle fish like me were it. Won't that be great.

SpongeBob and Patrick realize Larry was a lost cause and simply leave him. The two then go to Shady Shoals and arrive to find Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at the front on a bench. They then move to where they are standing in front of their heroes.

SpongeBob:
Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, we need your help.

The heroes did not respond, instead just continuing to stare. Patrick then takes SpongeBob by his shoulder and drags him away. The duo then run up to Sandy's treedome and interrupt her karate.

SpongeBob:
Sandy!

Patrick:
We need your help!

Sandy:
What in tarnation is wrong with you two?

SpongeBob:
There's this huge highway that's gonna destroy Jellyfish Fields and.....

Sandy:
Hold it. You mean the Atoll Highway?

SpongeBob:
Yes that one. We need to stop it!

Sandy:
We can't! There's nothin' we can do. Sorry.

SpongeBob:
Darn!

Patrick:
Well we should get to work.

SpongeBob:
Yeah.

SpongeBob and Patrick then put on their Krusty Krab hats and go to the Krusty Krab. When they arrive, Mr. Krabs is quick to scuttle up to them. As soon as they entered, Mr. Krabs was quick to run to them.

Mr. Krabs:
Ahoy SpongeBob and Patrick!

SpongeBob:
Hey Mr. Krabs.

Mr. Krabs:
Why be you in such a bad mood.

SpongeBob:
Oh just that we're about to loose Jellyfish Fields.

Patrick:
Yeah thanks to this stupid highway.

Mr. Krabs:
Yarr I hate it when that happens.

SpongeBob:
At least your on our side. Now that that new highway is coming......

Mr. Krabs:
Highway? You wouldn't be talkin' about the atoll highway would you?

Patrick:
Yeah. Why?

Squidward:
Because we're supporting it.

SpongeBob:
How could you?

Squidward:
It will make travel a whole lot easier.

Mr. Krabs:
And just think of all the customers it will bring. According to this here blueprint it be comin' in the direction of the Krusty Krab.

SpongeBob then noticed the blueprint and saw that it was folded. He then pushed Mr. Krabs away and unfolded the blueprint.

SpongeBob:
Didn't you see this? Days here that once the highway plows through Jellyfish Fields, it goes over the Krusty Krab,-and here's you sitting in a box-it does a loopty loop and goes straight to the front door of the Chum Bucket.

Mr. Krabs:
What? Who would even make an idea like this?

SpongeBob:
Right here: blueprints drawn by Sheldon J. Plankton.

Mr. Krabs:
Oh that little bugger thinks he'll get away with this. SpongeBob, Patrick, your with me.

SpongeBob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs goes up to the Chum Bucket and begin knocking the door. Mr. Krabs was more angry and wanted to get to the bottom of the situation.

Mr. Krabs:
Plankton come outside!

Plankton:
I can't come outside.

SpongeBob:
Here let me try. Plankton please come outside.

Plankton:
I told you I can't come outside.

Mr. Krabs:
Why not?

Plankton:
Because I'm already out here, shell-for-brains!

The three look down and notice that Plankton was in fact already outside.

Mr. Krabs:
Oh. Anyway why are you doing this?

Mr. Krabs holds out the blueprint and Plankton takes notice of it. He put on a pair of glasses over his eye and narrowed it to look at the blueprints.

Plankton:
Oh the new highway. Isn't it great? Soon all the drivers will be coming here and I'll have all the customers. You won't stand a chance, Krabs.

Mr. Krabs:
Well I'll make you into the chef's special if you don't stop this construction!

Plankton:
Sorry but I couldn't if I want to. I came up with the idea but with the support of the whole town, the government approved of it.

Mr. Krabs then remembers the night of the approval when he went to the Bikini Bottom City Hall. Mayor Finnigan was at the front with all the citizens while tapping his gavel.

Mayor Finnigan:
Listen up everyone, I've recently received a request to build a new highway. I believe it is a great idea but I'll need you all to vote. All in favor day "aye".

All:
Aye!

Fish 1:
I like highways!

Fish 2:
I like new ideas.

Mr. Krabs:
And I like saying "aye"!

Back in the present Mr. Krabs fell to the ground and broke down crying.

Mr. Krabs:
Why did I say aye?

Plankton:
Well I'd love to stick around but I have to go get the chum ready for when my restaurant is swarming with customers.

Plankton then laughs and walks back into the Chum Bucket. SpongeBob and Patrick then walk away and leave Mr. Krabs crying.

Patrick:
Darn. Stupid government.

SpongeBob:
Patrick we can't give up! We need to save Jellyfish Fields.

Patrick:
Yeah well it's too bad we can't change everyone's minds.

SpongeBob's face lights up and he snaps his fingers with an idea.

SpongeBob:
Patrick that's it!

Patrick:
What is?

SpongeBob:
Follow me:

SpongeBob and Patrick then leave and arrive in the the town square. They had many t-shirts and flyers with them and cheer. The fish who walk by notice this and take a look.

SpongeBob:
People of Bikini Bottom, I would like your attention.

Old Man Jenkins:
What was that?

SpongeBob:
The Atoll Highway is going to destroy Jellyfish Fields, and all the Jellyfish will be homeless. I say we come together and stop this!

Fish:
Why would we do that?

SpongeBob:
Well I'm glad you asked. Let us show you.

SpongeBob and Patrick then sit with their instruments in hand in front of the other Bikini Bottomites. The others then begin "booing" and throwing trash at the duo. SpongeBob is happy though oblivious to the situation.

SpongeBob:
It's working, Patrick! They're booing the Highway!

A flyer than flies and hit SpongeBob square in the face. He then peels off the flyer but noticed that it was one of their posters.

SpongeBob:
Wait this is one of our posters! What went wrong?

Fish 1:
I'll tell you what went wrong, you trying to convince us otherwise!

Fish 2:
Yeah we're going in with the Atoll Highway and that's final!

Patrick:
Well you don't realize what you're doing! So you know what, forget this.

Patrick steals an "Atoll Highway" shirt from one of the patrons and rips it in half. He then rips out a parking meter and throws it at one of the highway's billboards. A police car then arrives and the officers come and grab Patrick as well as SpongeBob who they have now out in handcuffs.

Police Fish 1:
Your under arrest for destruction of private property.

Police Fish 2:
Fortunately it's a special occasion so we can't take you to jail.

SpongeBob and Patrick are out into the police boat and the officers get in. The boat begins driving with SpongeBob and Patrick in the back. SpongeBob was now sad that they failed.

SpongeBob:
Well this is it, Patrick, we failed.

Patrick:
Don't look at it as failing, SpongeBob. It's like my great uncle Cletus used to say: Failure is only one side of the coin, what happens on the others side is how you choose to see it.

SpongeBob:
Patrick that was beautiful. And your uncle is right, we can't give up.

The police car then pulled over and threw SpongeBob and Patrick out. They noticed the unfamiliar surroundings and nothing around.

SpongeBob:
Looks like they left us in the middle of nowhere.

Patrick:
Actually we're at the very edge of nowhere. See?

SpongeBob:
Well we can still save Jellyfish Fields! We just need to find a new way to get everyone's attention. Something like.......

Patrick:
A parade.

SpongeBob:
Patrick that's perfect! How'd you come up with that idea?

Patrick:
There's one right there.

SpongeBob then looks and notices that their was in fact a parade going on. When looked closer SpongeBob noticed that the parade commemorated the Atoll Highway which prompted him and Patrick to run after it. The parade stops and the mayor steps up standing beside a bulldozer with Plankton driving it.

Mayor Finnigan.
As mayor of Bikini Bottom I would like to announce the new Atoll Highway. I would also like to grant the honor to the man who drew the blueprint and gave us the idea, Sheldon James Plankton.

Plankton:
It would be an honor, Mr. Mayor. Now let's do this.

Plankton starts the bulldozer and drives it through Jellyfish Fields. The jellyfish notice this and as if on cue they leave their fields. As the field was dug up SpongeBob and Patrick run and jump in front of the bulldozer which makes Plankton pull over.

Plankton:
Move aside you morons, your blocking my way!

SpongeBob:
No! We won't let you destroy Jellyfish Fields!

Patrick:
Yeah! This has gone too far and we won't stand for it!

SpongeBob:
So if you want to build this highway you'll have to go through us.

Plankton:
Works for me.

Plankton then drives the bulldozer and runs over SpongeBob and Patrick. The two then get up off the ground up see the fields slowly became dry and lifeless. The jellyfish all leave as their field was turned into a highway and the bulldozer slowly moves towards Bikini Bottom. Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick were at work with Squidward and Mr. Krabs. They had no customers and every car drove over them from the highway above.

SpongeBob:
Squidward....

Squidward:
Nope, still no customers!

SpongeBob:
Patrick.....

Patrick:
The drive thru is empty too.

They all gather with Mr. Krabs who was sadly looking out the window. SpongeBob then stands beside him and places a hand on his shoulder.

SpongeBob:
Mr. Krabs, the grill's gone cold.

Mr. Krabs:
Looks like it's over. It's time for the end of this.

SpongeBob:
You can't be saying.....

Mr. Krabs:
Aye. I'm sorry boys but this is over for us, I'm giving the formula to Plankton.

SpongeBob:
Wait no.....

Mr. Krabs:
We had a good run, but it's over. I'm sorry boys, Patrick, Squidward, SpongeBob.........you're fired.

Mr. Krabs then takes the formula and leaves the restaurant with the rest of the Krusty Krew. He closes the restaurant and puts up the "closed" sign. When the restaurant was closed the Krusty Krew returns home.

SpongeBob:
So what now, Patrick?

Patrick:
Well I guess it's time to find a new job.

SpongeBob:
What? But the Krusty Krab......

Patrick:
SpongeBob, as much as I'd love to go back to unemployment, I need money. See you around.

SpongeBob:
Yeah. See you around.

SpongeBob then goes into his house and walks into his living room. He sits down in his armchair and looks down in depression. Gary crawls into his lap and looks worried with him.

SpongeBob:
Not now Gary, I need a moment. First I lost Jellyfish Fields, now I've lost the only job I ever wanted.

SpongeBob begins crying and looks down to the floor. A shadow then goes over his house and he looks up to see a swarm of Jellyfish entering Bikini Bottom. Meanwhile Plankton was at the Chum Bucket with his newly arrived customers. Mr. Krabs then enters the Chum Bucket in sadness.

Plankton:
We'll look who it is, couldn't stay away could you?

Mr. Krabs:
You win Plankton, I'm here to deliver you the formula.

Plankton:
Oh you certainly have lost. Now give it here.

They then hear a sudden rattling and the customers all look up in terror. As the restaurant shakes the jellyfish begins breaking in.

Plankton:
What's going on?

Karen:
They're coming! We have got to get out of here!

Mr. Krabs takes back the formula and runs out the door. Karen then picks up Chip and Raisin and dashes out of the door with Spot behind her. All the customers then run and begin escaping the Chum Bucket.

Plankton:
Wait for me!

As Plankton tries to escape he is snatched by a jellyfish and thrown onto the ground. Plankton then screams as the jellyfish come down to him and begin stinging him intensely. Meanwhile SpongeBob runs out of his house and looks out at the burning city. Patrick then comes and joins him.

Patrick:
What's happening?

SpongeBob:
I don't know!

Sandy then runs up to the two from out of nowhere holding a chart in her hands. She then pulls out the charts and shows them to SpongeBob and Patrick.

Sandy:
I've been doing research. The jellyfish are completely harmless when they have their home, but without it they take over any territory they can.

SpongeBob:
This is horrible.

The jellyfish then begins swarming towards the three and slowly move towards the ground. SpongeBob then comes up with an idea and gets in front of Patrick and Sandy.

SpongeBob:
Shh shh, it's okay Jellyfish, I'm here.

SpongeBob then holds out his hand and slowly walks towards the jellyfish. Once they move to them they calm down and one puts its head in SpongeBob's hand.

SpongeBob:
See that's it. Listen Jellyfish, I know your angry but I can get you back your home. I promise.

The jellyfish then nod and point up to the Highway with anger. SpongeBob realizes what they were indicating and run up to the Highway. Once their SpongeBob jumps into the bulldozer Plankton had used and begins driving towards the road.

SpongeBob:
Alright let's do this.

SpongeBob attempts to plow up the highway but is suddenly stuck. Plankton then lumps up to him covered in jellyfish stings and pulls out a bullhorn.

Plankton:
Ha that's reinforced concrete! This will be there forever!

SpongeBob:
Don't you see what you've done! This will only get worse, it's time to put an end to this! I know with my friends, I can finish this, Plankton.

SpongeBob then begins moving forward and Patrick and Sandy push from the back. Larry, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy then join in and begin pushing at the back. The highway then breaks and they push it to where it is completely destroying the highway.

SpongeBob:
Yes we did it!

The highway is now destroyed and the fields are restored even with the jellyfish. SpongeBob then jumps down and begins singing and dancing with everyone.

The end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 93 8
I've decided to rewrite this story, but as for now because it going to take me so long, I'm just going to keep it published so people can see the old...
205K 2.5K 32
Spongebob and friends one-shots.
24 0 30
"SpongeBob SquarePants: Underwater Adventures" Invites Readers To Dive Into The Colorful And Whimsical World Of Bikini Bottom With Everyone's Favorit...
10.2K 58 12
!!!!!!!Warning!!!!!!!!this contains heavy smut and light homophobia??? Maybe??? Just read with caution:) Spongebob and Squidward had been having.. 'r...