Shoot and Score My Ass

By PterodactylusFarts

"You couldn't play soccer for your life," he says, his smirk starting to annoy the hell out of me. "Oh yeah... More

"Let's just get this over with."
Remind me to buy a baseball bat, in case a crazy stalker breaks in the house
My first ever crappy session with Dylan
Sixth grade memories
The shirts, note and news
Session number two and the many problems with it
Dylan's two hyper sisters
Dylan's 'crazy' family
Drunk Dylan and 'sleepovers'
Lightsabers in disguise
Evolution from fish and bullshit plans for banging coworkers
Meatballs and gravy stains
Dylan's douchebag ways
Sonofabitch
The Race
The friend date: Part One
The friend date: Part Two
The Voicemail... Dun Dun Dun
My dad's inevitable moving on
Catastrofuck of colossal proportions
Messed Up Issues
The Incident
New Job
The date foreplay (does that make sense?)
The actual date and it's drama
Hypothetical questions
Spring Fling plans
Family issues
Ugly jealousy (uck, hate that word)
Spring Fling Part Uno
Spring Fling Part Dos
Epilogue

Hiccups are dangerous, beware

72.7K 591 123
By PterodactylusFarts

Hiccups.

I had hiccups.

That's all that had taken me to go see the nurse, to panic over the fact that I might start choking.

Very paranoid. 

And now that I'm here, in this small white clinic, I feel claustrophobic. The walls seem to be dangerously compacted and a familiar shiver runs down my spine.

"So, Jackie, it's nice to see you. Again."

I turn to see Nurse Courtney standing before me with a white clipboard in her hand and a scowl on her face. I guess we passed fake smiles the fifth time I came in here with some seemingly small issue. 

"Oh yeah, hi," I say, playing with my rough hands.

She huffs, her slim fingers scribbling something from unintelligible. "Jackie," she sighs again, "You need to know that what you got, is just hiccups. You're not going to die from it."

"I know that but I was wondering if there was just something that I could take, like a pill? They're just so annoying and I'm totally done with all those weird breathing exercises people are so sure- hic- will work. Like, I'm going to lunch right now and what if I were to be eating and I -hic- choke and, like, fall and die?"

She roll her eyes. "You're not eating now, are you?"

"Well, no, but..."

"Just go to class, Jackie. I'm tired of you making excuses to skip it."

Whoa, she thinks I was coming here just to skip class? I'm here just in case I didn't have one of those many diseases that seem to be on the news nowadays. I'm here because my life is on the line.

Jesus, Jackie, paranoid much?

"I'm not making excuses," I whimper, staring down at my roughly painted nails. I had taken about two minutes to get them all done and when I was, it looked like a volcano of color erupted on each and every one of my fingernails. It wasn't, isn't, pretty.

Nurse Courtney sighs yet again and writes something on a slip. Her blonde hair is pulled back into a high ponytail and her tight white nurses's outfit seemed to be exposing a little too much. She's wearing probably the biggest high heels on the planet and if it weren't for fact that I hate her, I would be worried she wouldn't make it if the room were to be, I don't know, on fire.

"Mhm...," she murmurs, nodding with her eyebrows raised.

That bitch.

She has everything for the sexy nurse down, what with her tight outfit, fake glasses and bright red lips that almost every guy in the school has dreamed of kissing at least once. Not to mention her long legs that she stretches out in front of any person she seems to be interested in. It makes me sick, just looking at her.

There are many stories regarding her forbidden regions, half of which I'd have to ask for forgiveness to be able to tell. 

I was about to tell her about the fact that if I didn't stop hiccuping and I started to choke, I would probably be sprawled all over the white tiles of the floor where I would be choking on my own spit and gasping for air. Something people die of, very often. Well, I assume. 

But I can't tell her any of this because the door suddenly bursts open and soccer players fill the room, each of them shouting something different.

In panic, I let out another yelp and jump up as the players swarm around me. This clinic is small enough. 

"Nurse! He fell!" yells one of the players. I couldn't really see him but I could hear him taking up deep breaths. I wonder whether he realized that he was basically sucking up most of the oxygen in this room and if it weren't for the window having been open there's a slight chance, in my logic, that we would suffocate and die.

I stand on my tiptoes, trying to see what the hell was going on but no one seems to let me have a look. Seriously, everyone seems to be making a much bigger deal over something as small as falling.

Defeated, I settle back down on the bed as far away as possible from these sweaty, big guys.

"Probably busted his knee," one of the guys murmurs and I gasp. Okay, yeah that's worse than I actually expected. 

Finally, after a very long time, Nurse Courtney kicks out all the guys, leaving one and some guy who is currently groaning on the ground clutching his knee. 

I identify the player on the ground as Cole Harlen, defender of the school's legendary soccer team. Known for being a huge defender, he never fails to have less then two girls on his arm at a time. 

The other one, who's leaning back on the wall, his hands shoved in his pockets, is Dylan Harrison.

Having properly identified him, I let out a gasp. 

Dylan Harrison, star striker, scored way more goals than anyone in this whole town did. His looks, skills and personality had him in the top of the popularity list. To everyone, he was an idol, a person to look up to, a person who would be remembered in this school forever.

Just because he can kick a stupid ball into the back of a stupid net.

Sure, there are those complications with the other team and all, but how hard could it be?

"Jackie?" I blink a couple times to see Nurse Courtney, Dylan and Cole staring at me.

Wiggling around uncomfortably, I avoid eye contact with either of the players. "Um, yeah?" I ask, stupidly.

"Don't you need to go to-," Nurse Courtney starts but gets interrupted by Cole.

"Holy shit, Dylan, did you just fucking step on me?" he cries. 

"Damn, I didn't mean to, I swear." Dylan counters, sounding oddly calm in this situation. 

My gaze drops down to Cole, his fingers coated in red. 

That's when I finally notice the blood.

I gasp, launch myself up and run out of the clinic before I can throw up all over the tiles.

...

"You're kidding me, right?" Allie asks, her face in pure shock as I inform her that, yes, Cole Harlen is down and, yes, they need a new player, boy or girl.

The message had been sent to just about everyone in the school by email and I, being the geek I am, check my email every lunch time. Therefore, judging from the unexcited looks from everyone, I was just about the only one who actually did see it.

Figures.

"No way," Allie mutters, chewing on her hamburger.

"Uh huh, I know right? Wonder who'll sign up," I say while picking up some fries and dipping them in the ketchup before stuffing them in my mouth. "It's weird, Dylan Harrison looked calm when Cole was lying on the floor."

Allie drops her hamburger. "Whoa, what? You saw Dylan?"

"Well, yeah. Dude, we see him from afar everyday."

"No, wait, you mean he was there too?"

"Oh yeah, he was," I say as I try to look like I couldn't care less.

But I did care, damn, the guy brought goosebumps all over my skin. Hell, he brought goosebumps to every girl's skin.

I can only imagine how many shivers I would feel if he actually flirted with me. 

Or in front of me, I'm not picky.

"How's he like?" she asks as she leans forward.

"He has a dazzling personality."

"Seriously?"

"No. How am I supposed to know? I never even spoke to him."

"Yeah, but didn't you hear him speak?" she asks, curiously.

Yes. And he's perfect.

"You're kidding me, right?" I say, brushing off any fantasies creeping up in my mind. "This is obsessive, you have a boyfriend."

"Yeah, but still." She shrugs. 

I sigh and shake my head at her dismissal of Alex, the guy she couldn't stop talking about a few minutes ago.

"This is the Dylan Harrison we're talking about. Any girl would be blushing her ass off if he spoke to her." Allie throws her hands up to empathize her point.

"He's not some lord, okay? He's just this regular guy who just happens to be hot and be really, really good at soccer." I shrug again, although I think I'm more trying to convince myself than her that Dylan is just a guy. Even though I couldn't agree less about the fact that any girl would be blushing to have him talking to him.

All I know is that he takes girls, flirts with them, gets laid, then ditches them before the sun even rises. Typical, right? Every high school has one, I guess.

"Plus, have you seen his eyes? I swear, they light up the room," Allie gushes.

"Okay, no, that's not even possible," I say as I roll my eyes at how largely cliche she sounds. 

"It totally is," she counters. "But I swear if I try to make a pass on him you have to knee me in the vagina or something because I have a boyfriend."

"Be reasonable, okay?" I say as I laugh. "But sure, I'm happy to do that for you. As your friend."

"Ladies," Alex greets, coming up behind me. He settles down in between Allie and kisses her on the lips. I put on a disgusted face that Allie sticks her tongue out at.

"Hey Alex," I mutter.

"Hey, how's it going, Jackpot?" He grins at me and I laugh, dismissing the highly unoriginal nickname.

"Nothing. You?"

"Nah, everything's good."

We laugh at our failed attempts at trying to be cool and high five each other. Allie rolls her eyes but I know that she's secretly happy that her best friend and her boyfriend get along.

I've always gotten along with Alex. He's that hippie type who listens to music and tries to save the world. I admire that about him, the way he's never been scared to do anything, like asking Allie out.

Best decision he ever made. Sure, I get a bit lonely at times when they go out and exclude me but I know they never mean to hurt me and I've got other friends as well. 

Okay, not really. 

"Let's go to homeroom?" Allie asks, but it sounds more like an order.

"'Aye, 'aye captain," Alex answers and she slaps him on the arm but still laughs.

"I have to go the other way," I say and pick up my bag before gathering around all my trash.

"Okay, bye Jackbox!" Alex yells at me as Allie grabs him and drags him away.

I laugh at them, I'm happy for her. I'm happy she found Alex, a guy who calls me many names, sure, but it sweet nonetheless.

"Bye." I wave at them.

__________________________________________________

Thanks loads for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 13.3K 34
I closed my eyes tightly until I heard laughing. No, I could feel the laughing. My eyes sprang open to find Miles on top of me. I was laying flat on...
2.2K 138 21
Samantha and Kei were neighbors and classmates for years. She has being in love with him for a while. So when his parents decided to move to Japan, S...
610 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...