Sweet as Sugar Cookies | The...

By MissAlyssa03

It was a Christmas Crisis, Scott Calvin had unknowingly agreed to become Santa after he fell off his roof, bu... More

Abigail Calvin
1.1 You're Late
1.2 Fell Off the Roof
1.3 Deliver Presents
1.5 Santa's Workshop
1.6 Explanation
1.7 Was It All A Dream?

1.4 The North Pole

33 1 0
By MissAlyssa03

*Third POV*

In a far-off place, on top of the earth, there is a winter wonderland, full of elves and magic. One elf in particular sat in an office nursing a warm cup of hot cocoa as his eyes ghosted over the long list of many names of elves trying to decide who would be going on a vacation and when. He had a slender figure, with medium-length dark brown hair braided many times, his eyes are warm chocolate brown like his hot cocoa, and his skin was fair with his cheeks speckled with bits of silver and coated in a rosy hue. He was adorned in a red and gold striped tunic, dark brown trousers, forest green velvet hat with ribbon on the hem, various necklaces one even made of bells.

He placed his cup down, picked up a quill and started putting v's next to the elves that would be going on vacation. Suddenly a warmth spread through his body, a warmth he had never felt before it was an odd feeling yet somehow a familiar feeling, he slowly set the quill down as his eyes got hazy and his train of thought got lost in thought when the door burst open.

There was another figure in the doorway. He was small yet somewhat tall with curly red hair and adorned in a green outfit similar to his own, "Bernard, we've got a new Santa," the boy announced causing the man, Bernard, to nod and stand from his chair.

"Very well," He stated and gently pushed the elf out of hiss office, "I shall go and welcome them, thank you for informing me, Quentin," he nodded and rushed off back to where he worked as Bernard made his way to the stables.

Back outside, Scott, Charlie and Abigail had landed but, instead of the reindeer taking them home they were brought to the Arctic, Abigail shivered violently as she pulled Charlie closer to her in an attempt to keep them both warm, "Is this okay, Dad?" Abigail stuttered as the winter air nipped at her nose.

Scott turned to his daughter, "No, it's not okay!" he yelled causing Abigail to lean back away from him, Scott stood from his seat, "Hey, does this look like home to you guys?" He questioned the reindeer, but all he got in response were grunts. Abigail just sighed and looked down as her blonde hair was getting covered in snowflakes, suddenly she felt the reins that were in her hands being pulled away, she looked up and saw the reindeer leaving, "No, no, no, no, no! Hey, hey, hey! Where are you goin'? Come back here! Aww!" Scott called out in anger and sadness.

It was quiet for a few minutes before a lone figure walked out of the snow, it was a small elf, "Hey, hey!" Scott had started calling out to the elf but was ignored, "Hey, buddy!" the elf continued to ignore his cries and only pulled off his gloves and blew air onto his hands to warm them up a tad, "You, sir! Hey! Can you hear me?" he then reached into the snow pile and lifted what looked to be a pole of sorts, it was striped red and white with a glowing orb on the top. The elf crossed his arms as they slowly rose into the air.

"What's that?" Charlie asked.

Scott leaned next to him, "I don't know," he replied.

Abigail watched happily as it stopped and glowed brighter, "I think it's the North Pole," She spoke with wonder, upon hearing her response the elf smiled at her causing Abigail to smile back and wave.

Scott scoffed, "That's the North Pole?" he rolled his eyes and continued to cry out to the elf, "Hey, buddy, we need some help," he cried once again ignored as a small part of the pole opened, "Hello," the elf leaned over and begun pressing a few buttons, "What are you doing?"

When the elf looked back at the family, the sleigh began descending into the snow, Abigail looked around in wonder before she waved goodbye to the small elf in the snow. As they continued to lower into the ground, the piles of snow turned into beams of wood, bounds of holly and tinsel and many small elves wandering around below us, "Hey, look! Here comes the new Santa!" one of the elves call out as they all gathered around the bottom of the sleigh, Abigail leaned forward with Charlie to get a better look at the place.

Scott put his arm in front of them, "Sit back," he instructed as theu got closer to the ground, it seemed like he noticed the lack of adult supervision as he asked, "Where are all the grown-ups?"

Charlie on the other hand saw how amazing this place was as he commented, "This is so cool," Abigail wrapped an arm around his shoulders as they looked at the stable-like area in wonder. She waved at many elves who smiled and gently waved back.

The sleigh landed with a small thud, all the elves stopped gazing and continued on their ways, "Stay here," Scott instructed and climbed out of the sleigh.

Scott wandered around the stable for a few minutes before asking a small elf boy, "Hey, kid, kid. Kid, who's in charge here?"

The elf paused in his job and looked at Scott, "You are," he stated, "And I'm not a kid. I've pointy shoes that are older than you," he then walked away leaving Scott alone before turning back and finishing, "I'm an elf."

As the elf walked away, he followed a small blonde elf girl, "Uh, you guys, or you girls-- Who gives the orders? Who's your boss?" Scott asked as the girl stopped in front of him.

"You are," she stated looking up at him.

Scott sighed and shook his head, "No, no, no. Uh, w-who's the head elf?" he tied once again.

Only he got the same reply, "You are," she said with a tad bit of sass.

That's when Bernrd came strutting over with a slight scowl on his face, he put his hands on his hips, "Hey! Who's causin' all the trouble around here?" he asked with a glare.

The elf girl looked up at him, "He is," she stated.

Scott pointed at the small elf girl, "She is," he stated.

This response caused the taller elf to sigh in agitation before lifting his arms, "Excuse me," he started, "Are we on a coffee break?" he questioned.

The elf girl scrunched her face up in confusion, "We don't drink coffee," she stated as if it were obvious.

Bernard growled, "Then I guess the break is over," he then waved the girl away, "Back to work. Thanks."

Scott watched the exchange silently, "Take it easy on her, will ya? Who are you?" he questioned quickly as he looked at the taller male.

Bernard sighed before replying, "I'm Bernard, nice to meet ya, Santa," he then walked off with Scott chasing after him.

Scott called out to Bernard, "I'm not Santa! I've had a rough night. There have been dogs barkin', guns goin' off," he began listing everything that had irritated him that night, "Look, my back's killin' me. Have you ever tried to shove a sea kayak down a chimney?" he asked before stating, "I'm tired of this small talk."

Bernard paused in his walking and turned to Scott, "The other Santa and his helper disappeared, right?" he asked before smiling and shaking his head and walking away.

As he walked away, Scott followed and called out, "Wait a minute. Hey, I know where this is goin'," he stated with a smirk, "It wasn't my fault. Those two fell. It was an accident. I've got homeowner's insurance and a good attorney. Not as good as my wife's, but let's not open up that wound," he sighed before shaking his head and stopped in the hall with Bernard in front of him, "Hold it a minute. Wh-Whoa, whoa, whoa. How did you know the other guy was gone?" he asked.

His question fell upon deaf ears as Bernard asked, "Can I get you a drink?"

Scott scoffed, "No, I don't want a drink."

It was then that Charlie's small voice called out from behind Scott and Bernard, "I'm thirsty and hungry too," the two men turned and looked to see Charlie.

Scott turned and sighed, "Charlie, I thought I told you to stay in the sleigh."

That's when another voice called out from behind the small boy, "It's not our fault, they had to clean the sleigh so we had to get out," it was Abigail.

Abigail came strutting from the stable area and into the hallway where her father, brother and Bernard were standing. Abigail felt her heart stop as she looked at Bernard, her body...it was warm again, she felt like he had just wrapped a blanket around her and handed her a cup of cocoa with a smile. Bernard stared back at Abigail taking in her slim figure clad in a silk pyjama shirt and white jeans with boots and a trench coat, it was then that he noticed the hat on her head.

As Abigail walked up behind Charlie, Scott asked, "Charlie, I thought I told you to stay in the sleigh," this caused Abigail to giggle as she came closer to them.

Abigail smiled shyly at Bernard as he returned it with a sly smirk before shaking his head and turning to Scott, "Who's this?" he questioned. His accent, oh was lovely, Abigail thought believing it to be a New York accent.

Scott sighed, "This is my son, Charlie," he gestured to Charlie who waved.

The elf's eyes looked towards Abigail, "And who might you be?" he questioned with a smirk.

Abigail blushed, moved some of her snow-covered hair behind her ear and replied with a smile, "I'm Abigail."

Scott saw the looks between the two and laid a hand on her shoulder, "This is my eldest and only daughter," he looked down at his daughter, "Abigail, this is Barnaby," Abigail looked up at him confused before turning to see the look of agitation on the elf's face.

He growled and said, "Bernard," he took a deep breath before turning to look at Abigail, "I'm Bernard, the Head Elf," he walked forward and took hold of her right hand in his left before leaning down and bringing it to his lips and pressing a gentle kiss upon her knuckles before standing upright, he was taller than Abigail by a few inches causing her to smile up at him before he stepped away upon seeing Scott's glare.

Charlie, not sensing the tension due to what just happened, spoke up, "Hi, Bernard," he said with a little wave.

Bernard smiled down at him, "Hiya, sport," he replied with a smile.

Charlie smiled and looked up at his father, "Hey, Dad, he called me "sport" just like you," he gushed causing Abigail to pat his head gently.

"Wonderful," Scott sighed with a shake of his head.

Bernard rolled his eyes before addressing Charlie, "Hey, you know what. I got somethin' for you," he reached into the bag on his side, "Okay, now hold out your hand, all right?" Charlie did so and Bernard pulled out a beautiful snow globe, "Now, be very careful. This is very old, just like me," he joked causing Abigail to giggle slightly, "Shake it up, Charlie."

Charlie was done as instructed and Abigail kneeled behind him to see the snowfall around a small forest before the sleigh flew across the landscape and disappeared, "Wow," Charlie muttered, astounded.

Seeing how happy it made Charlie, Bernard smiled softly, "Why don't you, uh, hold onto it for me for a while," He said with a smile, "It might come in handy."

Charlie looked up at Bernard with a smile, "Thanks. Thanks a lot," he thanked, "I promise I'll take real good care of it."

Bernard smirked, "Make sure you do," he chastised.

Charlie nodded and then showed Scott happily with a smile, "Thanks for giving him that," Abigail appreciated, causing Bernard to look over at her, "It was really sweet of you," he nodded his head at her with a sly smirk.

Scott then handed Charlie back the snow globe, "Hey, Barabbas," his mistake in his name caused Bernard to growl.

He then yelled, "Bernard!" Hoping to get it across that, that was his name and nothing else.

Scott nodded before waving his hand around and asking, "Bernard. Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?"

Scott's question fell, once again, on deaf ears as Bernard looked over at a small elf walking down the hall, "Uh, Larry, take Charlie here and get him some chow," he instructed the elf who responded with a nod and gestured for Charlie to follow him with quick feet.

Scott called out as Charlie rushed away, "No, Larry, don't do that. Charlie!" it caused Abigail to giggle.

Bernard sighed and turned around, "He'll be okay," he assured the two before pointing at Scott's outfit, "Follow me. You'll want to get out of those clothes," he then walked down the hall with Scott and Abigail chasing after him.

Scott called out, "I-- Uh-- No, look, Barnaby, I just wanna go home," Abigail just shook her head knowing this was gonna be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 302 20
hi my name is y/n I'm 16 years old, I'm Scott Calvin's daughter, I have a little brother name Charlie, are parents divorced, and mom got a new husban...
56.9K 709 69
Christmas isn't Y/N Calvin'S favourite thing ever, but things change after awhile, Y/N is a 18 year old girl that soon finds her christmas spirit...r...
11.2K 218 6
Scott Calvin is on the brink of his 65th birthday and realizing that he can't be Santa forever, a seeks a replacement. Meanwhile (Name) worries that...
37.2K 523 20
Bernard the Elf x Reader Scott Calvin's daughter, Clara Calvin, goes on an unexpected journey with her father on Christmas Eve. Where she goes and wh...