Resisting Rosaleen (18+)

Da valjeca02

Revived and rewritten Captivating Camillo Description: After being caught with a substitute teacher, Rosaleen... Altro

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
Epilogue - Nikolas Camillo POV

30

5.1K 180 39
Da valjeca02

You know what's inevitable when you have siblings? their assumptions about your love life.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Wyatt asked indifferently and out of the blue, as if the question was the same as 'Hey, have you seen my keys?'

"Uhh," I mildly glared at my brother who was drenching his bacon in hot sauce. Who even does that? "No, I don't."

"Really?" he asked as he poured himself another cup of coffee.

"Yes, really," I looked at him weirdly, "What makes you think I have one?"

He pursed his lips before his eyes met mine, "You and Charlotte have been talking about boys."

Damn it, Charlie.

"She didn't tell me directly," he added, "It kinda just slipped."

I groaned and poked my stack of waffles, "I don't have a boyfriend," I looked him straight in the eye for conviction.

And failed.

"I really don't!"

"Defensive, are we?" he raised his eyebrows and slowly put a mouthful of macaroni into his mouth, mocking me. God, the most annoying faces you'll see in your life are your sibling's.

"I tell you whenever I'm dating someone, right?" I cocked my head to the left. Wyatt nodded.

"Then I would've told you by now if I was seeing someone," I said.

"Relax," Wyatt held his hands up, "You can date if you want, Rose. You're nineteen and you're free to have a boyfriend." My brother wiped his mouth with a table napkin. His face softened as he spoke again, "I just hope that whoever it is brings you more happiness than problems."

"Wyatt," I started again, "I don't have a boyfriend. Not yet."

"I believe you," he didn't sound convincing, "Just sharing my opinions.

Plus, you're always out and I don't know who you're with. I'm starting to think you don't need Jared anymore," he said with a tight smile, his dimples appearing on his face.

I wish I got my dad's dimples too.

All I got was his sluttiness.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I settled with finality, "and yes, I do think you can let Jared do something other than follow me around now."

I glanced at Jared who stood by the doorway to the pantry. Then I brought my attention back to breakfast. Wyatt woke up extra early today to make food himself, giving the cook a little break.

My brother wasn't the best chef in the world and it shows with the burnt edges of my waffle, but I appreciate his little efforts. I helped myself to some more bacon which made my big brother smile.

"Charlotte's birthday is coming up," he told me and I was already aware of it.

"Are we up to something?" because surprising people does sound fun, especially when I'm fond of the person.

"Surprise birthday party?" Wyatt smirked with traces of black coffee above his lips.

I smiled back, "Just tell me what I need to do."

"I was thinking of something simple," said my brother, "Just friends from work."

"Sure," I took the last strip of bacon into my mouth. I don't get why a lot of people hate the fat part—it's my favorite.

"And maybe Nikolas—they're old pals so maybe he can help," Wyatt added. Jared's eyes met mine at the mention of Nikolas. We still needed a long discussion about that.

"And I was thinking of getting her brother here too."

"Her brother's in Brooklyn, right? College kid?"

"Yup," answered Wyatt, "Eric. Haven't got a hold of him yet."

"How about her parents?" I asked.

"I don't know," Wyatt appeared beside me with his own dirty plates, "Char mentioned that they don't like traveling."

My brother kept blabbering about surprise ideas, but all I could think of was Nick ever since my brother mentioned him. It was Friday and I hadn't seen him since Bianca returned on Monday.

On Tuesday, my friends and I didn't attend school, much to Wyatt's cluelessness. We spend the night and the following day on the beach. On Wednesday, I didn't feel like seeing him because imagining what happened to the couple after their romantic dinner made me wanna puke.

On Thursday, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him, but the universe made its own decision of not letting me by sending the man off to an out-of-town seminar.

I shook my head as Jared unlocked my car. Jared. Just a bit more and he'll be out of my hair. But even so—even if Wyatt makes him do something else like become a bodyguard at his building or deploy him somewhere else in this town, it wouldn't change the fact that he already knows about Nikolas and I.

The only option was to get rid of him. That meant he would lose his job. I worried about Eleanor. I haven't met the girl nor hear too much about her but... I felt connected. I didn't want another little girl in the world suffering.

He closed the door when I got in. I waited for Jared to be in his seat, start the car, and drive off before I told him "We have something we need to talk about."

He ignored me and continued driving. I spoke again, "Wyatt went to talk to him, you know."

"I do," he said, finally looking at me through the rearview. "I drove him there."

I sighed and leaned forward, hands on the front seats to support me. "Jared, if you wanted to tell him about it, you would've done that by now. What do you really want?"

"Remember when I said I was loyal to your brother?" he said after a while. We got caught in traffic again. "I'm not so sure anymore," he turned his head and met my eyes.

Damn. I knew he was warming up to me. There was hope. "Thank you for not telling him."

"That doesn't mean that I don't think what you're doing is absolutely fucked up and disrespectful," he faced to the front again and glared, "You're ruining a home, Rosaleen, and you're barely an adult. This shit you're putting yourself into, it's—it's—it's worth nothing."

He was wrong. Nikolas is worth it.

He sighed shakily. "I'd feel guilty if I don't do anything about it."

I watched Jared's face closely, beginning to see the parts that Ellie inherited. I spoke softly, "But? I feel a but coming up."

"But you were right," he admitted, "Ellie needs me to do this."

"But don't think I'll act blind, Rosaleen. If your brother or anyone starts to suspect something and come to me for answers, I wouldn't lie for you—not for something as sick as what you're doing."

I fell back onto my seat. "That's good enough."

"It's not."

"Jared, if Wyatt thinks I don't need supervision anymore, then he'll assign you to something else. Then you don't need to worry about whatever the hell I do with my life." But he'll still know, I reminded myself.

We eventually arrived at school. "To school and back," Jared emphasized when he opened the car door for me, "If you go anywhere else, I'm telling your brother where."

"As long as you don't tell him who."

I felt as if I had put a temporary band-aid on the Jared issue but that's all I could do for now. Either it's I replace the band-aid or some point or the problem heals itself. Whichever comes first.

The first person who greeted me was Jie.

Ever since my little revelation, we've been texting each other nonstop. Next was Sean who seems to be doing better and better. However, weren't as close as before.

He invited us to his swim meet next week and I promised I'd go. When it was finally lunchtime, Jie was looking at me expectantly. She was quietly asking if I was going to excuse myself and spend time Mr. Camillo.

I took a butterscotch bar into my mouth. I dismissed Jie's anticipating look with a shake of my head.

"Why?" she asked.

I looked around the table and after seeing that everyone was subdivided into their own little conversations, I spoke, "His wife's back."

I didn't feel like seeing him. Nikolas being with Bianca did more damage than I expected.

It hurts, for some reason.

Which means I'm screwed.

So, in an attempt to figure my shit out, I need time. That's exactly what I told Jie.

"Sounds like someone's in love," said Jie. I coughed. I coughed loudly and coughed again. Heck, I started choking on my pastry.

Everyone's eyes on the table landed on me. Sean reached for a bottle of water. "Thanks," I said before I downed the whole thing.

Call me overdramatic, but I've never been accused of such a thing as falling in love before. If I had felt it, I would've admitted it.

"Are you okay?" Jeric asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine."

Sean rubbed circles on my back and Aiden looked at me weirdly. "Ignore me," I told them and when they were sure that I was okay, they went back to their business.

"I'm not," I said as I tried to look as serious as possible. I accept that Mr. Camillo got my attention more than other men have, but love? it was stupid and uncalled for.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

Why are people always asking if I'm sure about things?

"I am sure," I emphasized each word.

"Hmmkay," she hummed, "Just trying to find a reason for how you're acting."

"Maybe I just gotta get back to the game, you know?" I suggested.

"What game?"

"The dating game? I don't know," I sighed and looked around, noting the random students walking about, "Maybe I let myself get too caught up with Nick, that now all I see is him."

"That's because all you want is him," she answered, "Judging from everything you told me so far."

I gnawed on my lip, biting at the skin,

"It's not like he's limiting me," I told her, "There's nothing exclusive about it." Hell, he wasn't even exclusive with his wife.

My mind flew to Wyatt and our talk about me having a boyfriend.

"Are you planning on seeing other people?" she asked.

"I don't know." I didn't want to but maybe it's what I needed.

Rhea wasn't the best mom on Earth, but I do remember some of her advice. When I was young, she always told me that 'prevention is better than cure'.

And if I have to swallow a piece of my pride to avoid pain, then so be it.

I am not falling for Nikolas Camillo.

Despite saying this to myself, I was scared that someday I'd eat my words.

Because if I ever fall for anyone, it would be him.

"Actually," to my surprise, my voice was stable and clear, "Yes. I guess I am."

-

According to Ed Sheeran, the club isn't the best place to find a lover.

So the bar is where I went.

The world must be ending if you ever catch me drinking beer from a barrel in some cheap pub. So, here we are instead: in the city's finest bar in silky, lacy, and glittery dresses with our heels against polished tiles.

There were over a hundred desirable men in the building but all I could think of was one in particular and he wasn't even there.

"Eight o'clock," whispered Dani. I turned my head to eight's direction and my eyes fell on a man in a gray suit. Blonde hair, blue eyes, around his mid-twenties.

He's attractive, but I prefer brunettes now—brunettes with brown eyes.

I shook my head. "How 'bout that one?" said Jie. I turned my head to where she subtly nodded and saw another fine specimen.

This one had a head of curly hair similar to Sean's. Tall, dark, and handsome to the phrase's extent. Olive skin and a dazzling smile, a black suit and a shiny diamond stud on his ear. The man caught my eyes and winked.

"No," I turned my head back to Jie, much to the man's disappointment.

I settled on a bar stool and waved at the bartender. After ordering a cocktail, Dani tapped my shoulder.

"That one?" she offered, pointing discreetly to a near corner of the room where another man stood.

That one had brown hair and a pretty nice build. He was laughing with a group of friends and had a glass of whiskey in hand. He looked... handsome, but why didn't I feel like coming up to him and offering myself?

Maybe because I was already reserved.

I snorted at that. "No," I told them and myself.

The night went on with that pattern: the girls would point someone out and I'd decline out of lack of interest. Two hours and three drinks in, my head was starting to buzz.

"No," I said for the nth time.

Dani waved her hands exasperatedly in the air, "I give up!" she exclaimed, "That principal dude broke you."

"No—" he did not.

"If I hear that word from you one more time, I'm slapping these heels across your face," Jie cut me off, her voice slurred.

"He didn't!" I continued, "Maybe I'm just not in the mood," I shrugged. The world was starting to spin and good thing it was Friday.

"I'm gonna go freshen up," grabbing my purse, I stood and made my way to the conveniently nearby restroom.

I did my business—releasing all the alcohol I've consumed within the hour, I washed my hands and fixed myself in the mirror. Despite having numerous drinks, I didn't have a hair out of place.

I got a text from Nikolas which I opened as I opened the door. Before I could read, the phone flew out of my hand.

"Shit!"

In front of me was a man. He muttered a string of apologies as he bent down to pick up my phone. He was tall and lean.

"Didn't see you there," the man scratched the back of his head. "Here you go."

As he offered it to me, my eyes met his face. Bingo.

"I wasn't looking," I smiled brightly as I took my device, shoving it back into my little bag.

The guy in front of me looked old enough. Mid-twenties. He had a head of wavy black hair, striking dark eyes—ones that looked both gentle and fierce at the same time, and other defined features. He looked Arab. When he smiled, it was gorgeous.

"I'm sorry," he said quite shyly. Then, he looked around, noting the narrow corridor which held the men's and women's restrooms. "Pretty cramped in here," he added as his hands were shoved into his pockets.

"That's okay," I laughed heartily, "A woman was busy with her phone."

"A woman who's on her phone must surely be bored," he raised a brow. Of all the males I've seen tonight, he was the only one who could hold my interest for a minute or more.

"Rosaleen," I said.

"Noah," he shook my small hand firmly.

"I'm guessing that I should call you

"Rose?" he asked, amused.

I smirked at Noah, "Only good friends. Feel free to earn it."

"I'm buying you a drink," he stated instead of asking.

"Lead the way," I smiled teasingly and he walked past me, heading to the bar. I trailed behind the man, catching Dani and Jie's attention on the way.

When I winked, they celebrated. I hopped on a stool as Noah leaned against the counter. Even with me sitting and him standing, he was taller. He waved at the bartender, ordering cold beverages.

-

"Where were you?"

Wyatt's voice sliced through the thick silence of the living room. The lights were low and warm and it would've been the perfect scene to go home to if Wyatt wasn't so furiously curious about my whereabouts.

The dizziness had not subsided yet, but I could answer elementary questions .

"I texted you," I stated, "I told you I'd be out."

"'Out' could mean a lot of things," he defended, "You could've meant England, for all I know. How did you learn to climb out the window?"

With the way Wyatt reacted, it seems like the suggestion of letting Jared go became blurry again.

"I was out looking for a boyfriend," I rolled my eyes at my brother as I uttered such a teenage-girl thing to say and threw my bag on the couch.

Then, I threw myself too.

The cushion dipped and felt heavenly against my ass. The yawn of all yawns escaped my lips. If I was looking for a boyfriend, I would've hit up Sean. A distraction was what I really needed. Someone who won't take me seriously and I won't take seriously.

I reached up to rub my eyes, but remembered that I have makeup on. I reached for the tissue box on the coffee table. Just then, someone emerged from the kitchen and I started questioning my sobriety.

"Mr. Camillo?" I exclaimed way too comically.

The world definitely wanted me to suffer after all the sins I've committed in the past. That's the only explanation I could think of.

Nikolas had a phone to his ear. He nodded sternly when he saw me and muttered something to my brother. Wyatt took the phone and went to the kitchen.

"Explain," I said.

"No," he said, voice dropping, "You explain. Why weren't you answering my messages?"

Messages? I sat straight and squared my shoulders. Then, I glared at the handsome bastard.

"I was out having fun," I started, "Sorry I wasn't able to text back, dad."

He paused for a second before shaking his head, "You smell like alcohol."

"Yeah, well," I reached down to unstrap my shoes, "That's what I had for dinner."

Mr. Camillo watched as I struggled with the straps of my heels, hearing me mutter faint curses under my breath.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

I didn't look up at him. Instead, I continued struggling and answered, "I'm not avoiding you. What made you think so?"

"Because if Rose wants to see me, she sees me," he settled on an armchair—exactly the one across me, "And I haven't seen her in days."

"You were busy and so was I," I finally got the darn shoes off. I sighed as I fell back on my chair, wiggling my toes and circling my ankles.

"Busy finding a boyfriend?" I could hear the amusement in his voice and I want to suck his balls until said amusement vanishes.

I ignored what he said. "Why are you here?" I sighed and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Wyatt asked for help with contacting Charlotte's friends," he explained, "And he's on the phone with the brother as we speak."

There was silence. I wasn't in the mood for a conversation with him. Also, I couldn't wait to get out of my dress and submerge into water.

"Again, why have you been avoiding me?"

"Again," I quoted him, "I am not avoiding you. I have my life to deal with—things that don't involve you."

"Fine," he stared blankly at me.

Saved by Wyatt. That's what it's called.

Before another word could escape Nick's mouth, my brother reemerged into the living space. My eyes flew to Wyatt while Nick's remained on me.

"He says he'll be there," he clapped his hands, "Party's on Sunday. Thanks for the help, Nikolas," the sound of Nick's name coming from my brother made me cringe.

Our visitor stood to his full height, "If that's all, I'll be on my way."

"You aren't staying for a drink?" asked my brother.

"No," I answered for our guest, "He's not staying for a drink." Not a drop of alcohol will enter that man's mouth when I'm around. Which was ironic since I'm a drunk mess.

Plus, he needed to get home to his wife.

I slept well that night thanks to the alcohol but before that, I was horny as hell. It was my fault because I stopped Noah before things got too far.

Dani and Jie don't know it, but I failed to get dick. I didn't want the two ladies to think that our efforts went to waste so I ended up making out with Noah in his car which was nice itself, but that was the extent of it. Unbeknownst to my friends, I didn't get dicked.

They didn't know that I stopped the man before he could unzip my dress all the way down because I was wishing he was someone else.

Before I succumbed into a deep sleep, I was able to check my phone and see the messages from Nikolas informing me of his unplanned visit to our house. There was a gap in between the messages the next set being texts asking about my whereabouts, probably after he realized that I wasn't home.

I didn't let myself get too flattered by the gesture.

Friends ask about friends. That's all.

Saturday was a blur for me. After waking up at twelve in the afternoon, I took the opportunity to pamper myself.

With a face mask on and my body smelling like shea butter, I was slumped on the couch like a potato in a silk bathrobe. As I scanned the channels, I came across several Latin American soap operas and found myself wondering what it's like to be multilingual like Nikolas. I never learned Filipino because my mother had lost touch with her culture as well.

I decided not to dwell on the topic 'Nikolas Camillo' any further and instead chose to watch a random telenovela with shitty camera effects. The drama made up for it though.

By the time Wyatt came home for dinner, my eyes were hurting after having to read subtitles for hours straight.

Dinner was pleasant. It was taco night in the Martin residence. My brother had a nice day, according to the stories he shared. I was smiling at Wyatt when he told me how the employees were loving the new vending machine in the break-room and that he had milked a foreign investor named Noah of his money.

I was reaching for another taco shell when my phone dinged. Wyatt's nosy side showed when his eyes flickered to the notification on my lockscreen.

"Leonel?" his brow shot up, "What does he want?"

I felt my blood run cold.

Wyatt wasn't aware of how close Leo and I were.

I didn't snatch my phone away nor let my panic show. Shrugging indifferently, I continued helping myself to more food.

"Viktor's phone died so he's texting me with Leonel's phone."

When dinner was done, I saw what Leonel was bothering me about: lunch with him tomorrow. Since I didn't have any plans other than Char's party in the evening, I said yes. Then I wondered how I'll slip through Jared for it.

When I slept, I dreamt of Nick again.

Him underneath me, whispering dirty things in a language I didn't know.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

The Heiress Club Da hu

Storie d'amore

10.1K 368 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
228K 5.5K 84
Anthony and Christian have been best friends since forever. They were inseparable-until an abrupt move pulls them a part when they were younger. Ten...
4K 106 53
At her new school Casey meets grayson Dolan. The schools fuckboy. He was lost in the darkness, and she was the light...
468K 11K 40
| COMPLETE | 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’Šπ’” 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’π’π’π’š π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” π’˜π’† 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’‚π’π’š π’Œπ’Šπ’π’… 𝒐𝒇 π’Šπ’π’‡π’π’–π’†π’π’„π’† 𝒐𝒏 π’Šπ’ 𝒐𝒖𝒓...