She didn't know

By MissCouture

~Book One out of Three~ COMPLETE, SEMI EDITTED!!! When Ally is left widowed after a car accident takes her hu... More

Prologue
1
2
3
5
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two

72

122 9 0
By MissCouture

Ally

Knocking on the back door I don't hear anything. Waiting a minute I knock again and I can hear footsteps inside, making their way to the door. Trevor opening it slowly rubbing a hand over his eyes.

"Since when do you get up this early?" Trevor's voice comes out gravely. Stepping aside to let me in, bare chested with a pair of grey sweatpants on. I keep myself from staring, shifting my eyes across the cabin.

"I didn't really get much sleeping done last night." I mumble, more to myself than to him.

Making my way to the cupboards I pull out mugs and everything to make some tea. Kettle filled and on the stove, I click on the burner. Turning to look at Trevor, mix of disgust and anger laced together on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"Listen I might love and care about you but I don't want to hear about you staying up all night with dear Daniel." Trevor groans. "Especially when you know how I feel about your decision. I'm still kind of hoping you might change your mind." His voice is almost in a whisper during his last words.

"Trevor please. I love and care about you too. I don't want us to let this destroy our relationship, our friendship. You'll always be one of my best friends." My arms are wrapped around him before I can stop myself. His own holding me close, the warmth and comfort of his embrace calming. "And Daniel and I didn't really do anything last night. I hid something from him, and I confessed last night. Not really the makings for a night of passion and romance. If that makes you feel any better."

Feeling Trevor's chest shake as he holds in a laugh. Smacking his chest I pull away, looking up in his eyes.

"Yeah, actually. That's makes me feel much better." He smirks but I can see in his eyes he's still a little hurt. "What I want to know now though is how you hid anything. You're the worst lier, and every Christmas we had together I got my gifts months in advance. You never were good at holding anything in."

"That's because you always asked what I got you!" I chuckle.

"Because you'd always tell me." He grins, leaning against the counter.

Sitting down at the small kitchen table I sigh. "Well I didn't tell you this either. I guess I've gotten better at lying."

"Not telling someone something if they haven't asked isn't lying." He shrugs. "What haven't I asked you?"

Rolling my eyes I shake my head. "Is that how you justified lying to me our whole relationship?"

Biting down on his lips he looks away, nodding before looking back at me. "Okay, I might have deserved that. You didn't answer my question though."

"Well I'm kind of still figuring out this whole Moon Goddess Warrior thing but uhm, well you and Daniel are brothers, he just found out, but uhm, well, I knew, sort of." I let the truth out, blunt and to the point. No avoiding it now.

"So Susan finally told him, took her long enough." He shrugs, the kettle going off he makes his way over, pausing our conversation. Making my tea perfectly, and his just like I'd remembered. The sound of metal clinking against the glass breaking up the silence. As I watch him ponder what to say. His brows creased together like he had always done when thinking about how to say something.

"So you knew?" I ask.

"Just because his parents lied to him, doesn't mean mine lied to me." He mutters, placing my tea in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Probably the same reason you didn't tell anyone. Sometimes the truth causes more drama and trouble than it's worth. He's as much my brother as any other boy in that pack. Blood maybe, bond? Not a chance. I'd of kept avoiding that pack till I died. His parents raised him. Mine raised me. It doesn't change anything. People get caught up in shit that doesn't matter." He grunts.

"It matters to Daniel." I frown.

"He's like a girl. When we were little we used to play together. He was emotional back then too. Thankfully his Alpha daddy didn't want him around so much. Didn't see him a lot after that. I was maybe six when Susan came here. I could hear her and my mom talking, but I was in my room. Barely made out the words, but I did hear my mom cry herself to sleep every night after that. Didn't see Daniel again, not close anyways. Sometimes on runs my mom would stop and stare. Dad would sense we had stopped and come back, push us to keep running. She never talked about him after that, dad did though, when she wasn't around." Trevor stops talking staring off before shaking off whatever he was thinking. "He's an idiot for taking it out on you. Just because you knew doesn't make it your responsibility to tell him."

"I got mad at him for hiding things from me. He's not an idiot for getting mad at me for hiding this from him. You hid everything from me. Look at where that got us." I let out a sigh.

Sitting in silence we sip at our teas. The last sip sliding down my throat I push the chair back and stand. Placing my cup in the sink before making my way to the door, opening it slightly before looking over my shoulder at Trevor. "I'm sorry, that was rude. I forgave you. I'll try not to take anymore shots at you for it."

Looking up from his mug his eyes meet mine. "If I could go back I'd tell you everything. Maybe if I had you'd be mine still. Don't apologize to me, not for that." Clearing his throat he places his mug down on the table. Slowly making his way over to me, placing his hand on top of mine on the door knob.

I'm frozen in place as he lowers his lips down onto mine. A small gentle whisper of a kiss pressed on the corner of my mouth. "I wish I could take it all back." He whispers.

"Unfortunately you cannot." Placing my hand on his cheek I stare into his eyes.

I can see the love, sadness and regret in his eyes. Mine probably mirroring the same emotions. I can't lie to myself. I do still love him, deeply. Just not the same way anymore. It doesn't make it any easier though seeing him upset because of me, because I decided to be with someone other than him.

"I'll see you later, okay? Dinner same place, same time." I take a smile, pulling my hand away.

"Wouldn't miss it." He returns a small smile.

Daniel

Walking out of the bathroom I see Ally gone from our bed. I knew she would be, I heard her leaving, felt her farther from me. I couldn't bring myself to go after her though. I needed the space to think, to be alone and work through it on my own. She lied to me, by omissions but it still counts. At least in my eyes, and it did in hers when I did the same thing. I could easily forgive her. I partially have already. I can't stay mad at her, she's my mate. Plus it would make me a hypocrite if I didn't after asking her forgiveness, after I hid stuff from her, lied to her and she forgave me.

However it makes her a hypocrite for lying to me, after demanding openness and honesty.

Tired from the lack of sleep, the run I took and the emotional and mental exhaustion I decide to crawl back into bed. Linking Gregg to handle things today before pulling Ally's pillow under my head. Shoving my face into it, letting her scent calm my wolf and I. Sleep takes us easily.

I'm not sure how long I slept, but from the lack of light in the room I assume all day. Sitting up I rub my hands over my face and swing my feet over the edge of the bed. My stomach rumbles with hunger. Rubbing it I make my way to my closet. Grabbing a pair of shorts to throw over my boxers I put them on before making my way downstairs.

The lights off in the house tells me it's well past dinner. Everyone gone and off to their own houses, sleeping. A light shines through the dinning room, the kitchen light on and I walk towards the kitchen.

"You know, you could come to the cabin tonight. Xale's already asleep here. He'll be fine. We could set an alarm early and you could be back before he even notices." Trevor's voices whispering halts me.

"You know I won't wake up." I can hear Ally chuckle low.

"Then I'll carry you back myself. Drop you at the front door." The humour in his voice evident.

"Oh, thanks." Ally laughs. "Thanks for offering but no. It would probably just make everything worse. Daniel smelling you all over me tomorrow. Sure way to get you killed."

Nodding my head in agreement I smile to myself.

"I wasn't saying you had to sleep in my bed, but I'm on board. Sounds good to me, let's go get my smell all over you. You can shower in the morning, try and scrub it off."

My wolf growls, the idea of someone touching our mate making us angry. I hold myself back from running into the kitchen and breaking every finger on Trevor's hands, ensuring he doesn't touch anyone, especially her.

"Trevor, you know I love you, but no. I'm trying to be nice. I appreciate the offer, for your couch." Ally laughs a a little before continuing. "It's just not a good idea. I got May to set up a room for me. I'd rather stick to one fight at a time. This is my fault and I have to fix it."

The sound of scrapping chair legs against the floor and foot steps follow. "I love you too. Don't forget what I said this morning. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Ally said unenthusiastic.

"You could act a bit happier at the idea of hanging out with me." Trevor scoffs.

Rolling my eyes I walk into the room making myself known. Ally's eyes darting to me. Her hands pushing Trevor's off her arms, their closeness unnerving.

"She won't have time, we will be busy." I clear my throat, getting Trevor's attention. His body shifting towards me. "Guess you will have to make other plans to fill your day, brother." I smirk, at having information he doesn't.

Trevor raised a brow. "You think she didn't tell me? You think I didn't already know?" Trevor chuckles. "Listen brother, it wasn't her responsibility to tell you at all. I told her as much this morning. Just because your parents didn't tell you sooner doesn't make it her fault. My parents told me long ago. Didn't make it my responsibility to tell you. You wanna fuck it up with her over something like this, please do. Push her away, I'll be right here waiting and ready. Remember that." A smirk on Trevor's face he turns and kisses a stunned Ally on the cheek.

Her eyes still on me. My fists clench and I shake them out. "Get out." I bark.

"Already was. See ya, Ally." Trevor hollers walking passed me and out of the house.

Ally's arms wrap around herself. Her hands rubbing up and down her arms. Her eyes looking away from mine. "Don't get mad at him. He's hurting too. This is my fault, I know it is. I get why you're upset. Take however long you need." Pushing herself off of the counter she goes to leave the kitchen. Stopping beside me she looks over at me. "I saved you some dinner. It's marked in the fridge." She spoke low.

Watching her leave I let out a breath. What the fuck just happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 524 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...
117K 5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
84 6 6
Willow has had a hard life, she's done her best to survive on her own after her parents and pack are brutally murdered by a group of feral wolves. Sh...
1.7M 41.1K 33
When the war started. We helped. We fought. Soon the humans were gone. Wiped out by us. But not before making a weapon that doomed us long after they...