She didn't know

By MissCouture

~Book One out of Three~ COMPLETE, SEMI EDITTED!!! When Ally is left widowed after a car accident takes her hu... More

Prologue
1
2
3
5
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two

60

187 10 1
By MissCouture

Daniel

Staring up at the ceiling I give up on sleep. Then hear my door slide open against the carpet. Looking to my left I see Xale's head poke around the door.

"Daniel." Xale whispers.

"Hey buddy, what are you doing up?" I yawn.

"I had a bad dream. Where's momma?" He whispers, climbing up into my bed.

Lifting the blanket he crawls underneath with me. "What was your dream about?" I avoid talking about Ally.

"A big monster took me away. He was so strong. I couldn't get away." He snuggles into my side.

Wrapping my arm around him, I kiss the top of his head. "No one's going to take you anywhere. You're safe Xale. I wouldn't let them."

"Promise?" He holds up his pinky.

"Promise." I wrap my pinky around his. "Now let's go to sleep. I've got a suprise for you in the morning."

"Okay. Night, Daniel." Xale yawns.

"Goodnight." I whisper into the top of his head.

Hopefully Kelly links me before I have to tell him what happened. I'm hoping seeing Trevor will buy us time. Distract him so I can come up with an answer better then I didn't save her.

I can hear Gregg and Steven whispering in the hall and sigh. I can't make out the words but I know it's about Ally. Xale doesn't need to hear any of it.

"Close my door and leave, now. Xale's safe with me." I link them both.

Closing the link I roll onto my side and wrap both arms around Xale. Resting my chin on the top of his head I try once again to fall asleep.

Giving up on sleep I slide my arm from under Xale. Quietly walking into my bathroom to shower for the day. Rushing through everything I step out onto the cold tiles, and dry myself off with a towel from the rack. Tying it around my hips I run my hands through my hair. Standing infront of the counter I squeeze a line of toothpaste across my toothbrush.

Lost in thought I'm startled by knocking on my bedroom door. Spitting out the toothpaste from my mouth I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. Rinsing my hand off with water from the tap.

Rushing to the bedroom I take a quick look at Xale making sure he is still asleep. Relieved to see him still snoring away. Opening my door Kelly pushes past me. Making herself comfortable on the couch across the room. Rolling my eyes I walk inside of my closet and close the door. Taking a pair of light jeans from the drawer and a plain white t-shirt off the hanger I start to get dressed.

"You shouldn't have left Ally until she was awake." I link her.

"She woke up last night. Aunt Susan linked me she was leaving, I came to say goodbye." She sighed through the link.

"What? I told you to link me if anything changed." I scold.

"She told me to let you sleep. She's currently fighting Gregg to let her walk over here."

Pulling on socks I let out a deep breath. At least I don't have to explain to Xale she could have been dying. Now all I have to do is introduce him to his not dead biological father and hope he doesn't say anything before she gets here.

Grabbing a pair of sneakers I open my closet door and offer Kelly a small smile. "Then go help Gregg bring her over. Tell her Trevor is joining all of us for breakfast. Xale included. I'll get Xale ready."

"Trade?" Kelly pleaded. Giving me puppy dog eyes from the couch.

"That's for not telling me she woke up." I end up laughing out loud.

Ally's going to freak we made this decision without her. She can't stay mad at me though. I'm her mate, Right? I don't know what's going on with her and Trevor. I seen her feel his pain, but I feel our bond. I'm just hoping it was sympathy pain and not them sharing a bond aswell. I can't compete with him. Not if her wolf feels a bond with him too.

My door closing again causes Xale to stir and I let out a low growl. "She told me not to!" Kelly whines through the link.

Cutting her off I close our link and force a smile on my lips. "Morning, bud. Time to get showered and dressed. May's got a big breakfast cooking."

Xale's small body pops up from under my blanket. Jumping up onto his feet he hops on my bed. Bouncing up and down excitedly. "An.. and.. my suprise!" He squeals.

"And your suprise will be down there too. Come on let's go get you ready." Offering a hand he jumps off my bed, and practically pulls me across the hall into his room.

Slamming the door shut behind him. I sit down on the end of Xale's bed. Tying up my runners, I link Steven to tell Trevor to head downstairs now like planned. Xale rushing around the room. Grabbing clothes and getting ready. Singing songs from different movies I can't fully name yet.

The shower is shut off and I hear Xale run the sink tap. Linking Kelly she lets me know they are almost here, and I start to get nervous. It's my fault she got hurt in the first place. She had to fight Alpha Robert because I didn't fight the other Alphas on their decision. I didn't deal with Vickey and she shot Ally. I've been so focused on her, having her back finally, I let things slide I shouldn't have. I didn't even know how Vickey was close until I heard the gun go off. I should of caught her smell, instead I was to focused on watching Ally and Trevor. If Ally didn't wake up it would of all been on me. She shouldn't of pushed me out of the way. She has so much more to live for, and all I have is her.

"Daniel!" Xale squeals. Pulling my arm he starts to drag me from my thoughts, down the stairs. "What's my suprise? What's my suprise?" He smiles up at me.

At the bottom of the stairs I lift him into my arms. Wrapping him in a tight hug, shaking him back and forth. After this he might not want me to anymore. He will have Trevor to fight off the monsters in his dreams. To rub his back while he cries. So I savoir just one more hug. "It's right in the dinning room." I whisper in his ear.

As soon as his feet hit the entrance he stills. "Bubba!" Ally smiles.

Standing beside Trevor she reaches out her hand, gesturing for Xale to come closer. His eyes turn to me and I force a tight lipped smile. "Your suprise."

Without looking back Xale runs towards Ally and Trevor. Outstretched arms wrapping around both their legs. Kneeling they all embrace one another. Ally and Trevor pressing kiss after kiss on Xale's cheeks. I can feel Ally's contentment, her joy rising up inside of her.

This is why I'm going to lose her though. Not because of anything I've done, but because of everything they already have together. My thoughts causing Rendall to sneer inside of me. Push me to grab Ally and mate with her. Mark her so she never leaves, and I'm worried if I stay any longer he might win.

I don't even bother saying goodbye. Stepping out into the fresh air I run my fingers through my hair.

"Mark our mate!" My wolf growls.

"No! No. I won't force her to stay with me. If she wants us she will chose us."

"Then we'll lose her!" He snaps.

Pushing him to the back of my head I smell Kelly behind me. Feeling her hand on my shoulder blade I shrug it off. "Daniel..." She whispers.

"I just needed some fresh air." I turn around.

"Well let go back inside then, breakfast is ready. After pull Ally aside, talk to her. I'll get Trevor to come to training with Xale and I." Kelly offers me a small smile.

"The members from Alphas Robert's pack should be here soon. I need to figure out where they will be staying, until I can have more houses built." I grumble.

"Let Cody deal with that." She shrugs. "Ally is more important."

"The pack always comes first, Kells. They are now apart of ours."

"They would understand. Alphas have betas for a reason."

She's right. Thinking it over I shake my head, I sigh in defeat. "No. I'll get Gregg and Marcus on it." Pushing Kelly by her shoulder, I make my way back inside. "Cody needs to figure out how the hell Vickey got anywhere near Ally."

"Well you can guess." Kelly mutters under her breath so low I almost didn't hear her.

"What?" I frown.

"Nothing." She shrugs offering me a fake smile.

Walking into the dinning room and seeing Trevor's arm stretched across the back of Ally's chair as they ate, most enraging upsetting thing I've ever seen. I remain calm despite the rage boiling inside of me, letting my emotions out won't help me. It will only show everyone how ruined I will be once she leaves. I need to control my wolf. Hide my emotions around my pack so they don't worry. At least not more than they probably already are. Once they see Trevor around Xale and Ally rumors will start.

"Before I forget, Marcus, Gregg, you're on finding the new pack members beds for the day. I'm getting Cody to figure out how the incident last night occured. They will be given anything they need. Let them know it's only temporary until we get more houses built for them. If they have any questions they can come to me directly tomorrow." I eye Marcus and Gregg.

"On it." Gregg muffles around the food in his mouth, shoveling in more eggs.

"Yes, Alpha." Marcus looks up from his plate.

Nodding, I make my way to my chair. Sitting down I sip at the tea already poured infront of me. Neglecting to touch my food. I'm not hungry for eggs. Not bacon, waffles, not muffins. Right now I'm just trying to hold myself back from grabbing Ally and burying myself deep inside of her. Reminding her who she belongs to. Showing her nobody else will make her feel the way I do. She was shy and timid when we first started exploring eachother. My touch and words, they opened her up, allowed the little vixen to push forward. I start to replay the first time I touched her in my head. How different it was from just a couple nights ago. I refuse to let Trevor take pleasure in the new women she's become. He doesn't deserve her now. Neither do I but in the end it's Ally's choice.

A small hand creeps up the inside of my thigh and I choke on my tea, coughing out into my hand as my eyes meet Ally's. Mischief and lust cover her face as she turns her eyes from me. Lust and happiness signalling through our bond. A small smirk spreads across her face and she quickly covers it, pulling her teeth between her lips. Setting down my tea I lean back in my chair. Propping and elbow on the arm of the chair I stare at her beautiful face. If she's touching me that must mean she wants me. Right? She wants my touch, not Trevors. Whether it's just physically right now doesn't really matter to me. I'll use it to my advantage.

I'm suddenly glad Kelly is going to take Trevor out of the house. I fight the urge to reach forward and run my fingers through her hair. Grab her by her neck and kiss her. Possessive and an Alpha can wait, at least until she chooses me. No she needs gentleness, loving. I need to show her I can do it, for her. And when we are laying beside one another, our hearts pounding in our chest after. That's when I'll tell her everything she means to me. I'll promise her anything she wants. I would submit to her if I knew it would help me win her in the end.

Her eyes glance at me a few times. Her cheeks reddening from the heat of my gaze. When she moves her hand higher up on my thigh though I suck in a breath, surprised at her boldness in a room full of people. "See she's made for us. She wants us." Rendall assures me.

Ally laughing with Kelly and May about Xale's shenanigans while she was gone. Shifting in my chair I reach under the table for her chair leg. The scratching of the wooden legs scrapping against the floor, muffles out by everyone else laughing as I pull her closer. I can see Trevor has noticed though. His jaw tensing as his eyes flicker to me, down in my lap, then straight ahead.

Not caring he knows. Or maybe I just want to make a point. I squeeze at her thigh, pulling her one leg up and across my legs. I start to lightly graze circles up and down the inside of her thigh. The closer I get to her center I can smell her arousal build. May and the other omegas start to gather plates and walk into the kitchen. My fingers inch closer to her heat, and I trace a line where her soft skin meets the fabric of her shorts. Her hand fleeing from my crotch, clasping onto mine. I hold back a smirk. Watching as Gregg and Marcus wipe at their mouths. Gregg sending me a smirk and a wink before standing.

"Should we get pack members who are unmated to come to the pack house? Meet the new members incase any of them are mates?" Marcus asks, standing and clasping his hands behind his back.

"No. We will be holding a ceremony for new wolves in three days. Everyone is expected to come, so make that clear. We will all run as a pack, as tradition. If they are going to find their mate here they will find them then."

"Should I go meet with them? I'm still their Luna in their eyes. I should be helping them adjust." Ally squeezes my hand under the table.

"No. We have plans." I smile.

Turning to Kelly she nods. "Trevor I was wondering if you'd like to come watch Xale train and help out. He's stronger than a lot of our other wolves." Kelly smiles over at Trevor.

"I'm stronger than Gregg!" Xale squeals, jumping from his chair.

Gregg growls low before stomping out of the house, slamming the door behind him. "I let him win." He seethed under his breath. The room erupts in laughter, and  shake my head holding back from laughing. I don't think that will ever get old.

After a few more jokes at Gregg's expense our laughter dies down. "I should go." Marcus nods signalling his goodbye.

"Come on, dad! Let's go!" Xale rushes to Trevor's side, pulling on his arm. My wolf starts to whimper at the sight and I adjust in my chair. Xale might not have been my son but we bonded. I loved him like he was. Now Trevor's back and it just reiterates I'll never be more than Daniel to him.

"Okay, okay. Let's go." He stands. Xale and him intertwining their fingers. Before they hit the hall Trevor's steps halt. Turning back towards Ally and I. His mouth opens like he's about the say something but he's cut off by Kelly.

"We're late." She pats his shoulder pushing him on.

"Tell Cody I want answers by dinner!" I holler to Kelly.

"Will do!" Kelly answers, slamming the door once again behind her.

Looking over at Ally again. My fingers start to retrace their steps, sliding high up her thigh. Her good hand quickly slaps at my chest. "I hate you!" She scolds.

Pulling her leg from my lap she stands and I grasp her elbow. Jerking her into my lap careful of her arm, I smirk. "No you don't." I shake my head, pushing the hair from in front of her eyes behind her ear.

"Gregg knew! I could tell. He kept smiling like an idiot at me. Everyone probably could!" She smacks my chest again.

Chuckling, I bury my face into the side of her neck. Kissing and sucking up to her ear. "You started it, Love. You should never start things you don't plan on following through." I kiss down her neck.

Groaning, Ally's hand grabs at my chin. Pushing me away from her neck. "You said we had plans. You're the one starting things now." She raises a brow.

Adjusting my hands, I stand up, holding her in my arms as I carry her like a bride up into our room. "Ah, yes, I had tons planned for us."

If I'm going to lose her it won't be without fighting. We might not have years of history but we have this. I've messed up and maybe she won't forgive me for it, but maybe she will. I don't know her favorite colour or book but I do know exactly how to make her scream out my name. How to get her to forget everyone else's, even her own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 2.3K 83
~Book Two out of Three~ Complete, unedited. Ally Years have passed. It seems like everyone is moving on, yet I cannot. I need to find her, I just don...
244K 9.4K 39
After a one night stand during a senior high school party, Alise, finds out she's pregnant and there's only one person she has ever slept with and wh...
415K 16.9K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
198K 6.7K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...