She didn't know

By MissCouture

~Book One out of Three~ COMPLETE, SEMI EDITTED!!! When Ally is left widowed after a car accident takes her hu... More

Prologue
1
2
3
5
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two

40

292 17 0
By MissCouture

Ally

After fighting with Daniel I just couldn't take my mind off of him. I was distracted during training, the busted lip proof of that. Thankfully it's healed enough that you wouldn't know it got split open, it's only swollen and bruised now. Getting out out of the shower I wrap myself up in a towel. Hissing when I rub the burn on my wrist, from pulling out dinner tonight. Towel drying my hair I start to brush it out, working out the knots throughout my hair from training and playing with Xale and his friends.

Pulling on a pair of black panties and a black cotton thin sports bra, I throw my wet towels in the hamper. Walking out into an empty bedroom. The smell of Daniel still fills the room, calming me slightly. Since this morning I haven't seen him. Haven't talked to him. I tried to link him but he blocked me out. Pulling back the blankets on his side I cuddle into his pillow, inhaling his scent I feel myself start to cave. Maybe he's right, maybe I shouldn't take it. Not because I don't think it's a good idea but because my wolf isn't happy without him around, without him happy. The idea of not doing something because a man told me not to isn't sitting right with me though. My feminist side starting to peak out. I toss and turn in the bed unable to get comfortable. Amaris fighting me, pushing me to search for Daniel.

Sighing, I get up and grab a pair of black sweats and put them on, deciding to look for him. To tell him he wins. I won't take it if it means so much to him. It's not worth losing sleep, fighting with my wolf or him ignoring me.

Knocking on his office door downstairs I listen for anyone inside but it's silent. Walking in I frown, his desk lamp on, the room empty, I go to turn it off. Standing behind his desk, papers and folders lay haphazardly on it. Sitting on his chair I start to go through them sorting them into piles. Lifting a small folder I find his phone, seven missed calls and unread text notifications light up on the screen. Peaking my interest but I push it aside and continue. A ding sounds from his phone as he receives another message and I look down at the phone.

Vicky- I missed your touch. Thanks for the visit handsome. See you soon. Xo

A low growl escapes me as I snatch up the phone and stomp out of the room.

"Where is he?" I growl loudly, linking Gregg.

"Who?" He responds, groggy. I must have woken him. I'd be sorry if I weren't so pissed.

"Daniel. Tell me where he is now!"

"Woe woe, Ally what's going on? I don't know where he is. What's wrong. I'm coming now." Sounding more awake, I hear the panic in his voice.

Running up the stairs, I put on my white sneakers and a black tank top. "Good, you can watch Xale."

Opening the first door, Gregg's running toward the house. "What happened? Are you okay?" Gregg huff's, stopping in front of me.

"Go inside, watch Xale for me. I'm fine, but your Alpha won't be once I find him." I mutter walking around him, heading for Kelly's.

"As you wish your majesty." Gregg hollers jokingly, making me chuckle. Even pissed off he still makes me laugh. Unfortunately for Daniel my wolf is still mad at him.

Walking into Kelly's without knocking I spot her sitting on her couch, reading.

"Hello to you too." She sassed, closing her book, raising a brow at me.

"Not the time Kell's, where's Daniel?" I ask. Holding onto the door handle, just needing the location so I can find and punch him. He knew how worried I was about something like this happening. He knew how hurt I was about what Trevor did. How could he do this to me?

"I don't know, I haven't seen him all day." She shrugs.

"Who's Vicky?" I hiss.

Her eyes widen before she stands and walks towards me slowly, her eyes turning softer. "She's the daughter of one of the Alphas we have an alliance with." She explains.

"And?" I raise a brow.

"She's nothing, Ally, I promise you. He's already marked you. You've marked him. Who told you about her?"

"She missed his touch... Missed. Past tense. So she isn't nothing. Nobody told me, I found out myself, which hurts fucking more Kelly. I thought we were friends! Where the fuck is he?" I snap.

"I honestly don't know, Ally. I'd tell you." Kelly's eyes cast down. "I'm sorry. We are friends. I didn't know."

"Yeah, whatever." I roll my eyes, storming out and slamming the door behind me.

"Cody?" I try and link him with no answer, he must be blocking me too.

Amaris is foaming at the mouth pushing to take control but I want answers first. Walking back to the pack house I sit on the front steps. Nodding at the guards. "Let Boomer out please." I mutter through clenched teeth.

"Yes, Luna." Is said in unison.

Opening Daniel's phone I scroll through his text messages. For a cheater he's fucking stupid, he should of put a lock on his phone. Going through each contacts messages, I see Vicky is the only one remotely angering. Boomer rubs her nose against my side and I pet her head as I scroll to the top and read through them. They started before we met, back and forth, a small gap between his replies and hers starting when we met but he never stops. His messages are shorter, but still consistent. Her saying she misses him over and over. Him saying something equally revolting back. A few messages about how he makes her feel almost make me snap. I'm one the edge of shifting when headlights catch my attention. Looking up from the phone, I lock the screen and stand. Putting it in my pocket and crossing my arms. Boomer runs for the car once it parks, jumping up and down, waiting for whomever to exit the car and give her attention.

The headlights turn off and I shift on my feet, waiting for Daniel to exit the car. I could tell it was him, our mate bond letting me know he's closer. Watching through the windshield we make eye contact. Him and Cody talking in hushed tones I can't make out. Cody getting out first and giving me a tight lipped smile. Walking up the path. "I'd leave. Next time I link you, you better answer." I snarl. His smile falling, his head nods quickly before he increases his speed and walks inside, not looking back. I watch as he closes the door.

Turning once I hear Daniel get out of the car I whistle for Boomer. "Get her inside, you two can leave." I motioned to the guards.

Daniel steps towards me, stopping when the guards finally speak. "Goodnight, Alpha, Luna." His eyes looking back and forth between them and I as they start walking towards their houses.

"Where are they going?" His eyebrows pull together.

"I didn't think you'd want them to see you get your ass beat by a girl." I growl.

Laughing at my words, I raise an eyebrow at his response. Noticing, he stops and leans his head to the side a little. "What's wrong with you?"

"Any secrets you need to tell me? You know, like I asked you this morning. Before you lie again though you should know I know." I snap, my hands waving through the air as I speak.

"You lied to me to morning, not the other way around." He points at me, anger lacing his voice.

"You mean about the person I'm seeing behind your back?" I shout.

"Who? Tell me now! I'll fucking kill him." Daniel growls.

The power radiating off of him almost making my wolf cower, but I'm not going to. Reaching into my pocket I grab his phone and throw it at him. "Sorry, that's you, you fucking asshole! Say hi to Vicky for me, would of been nice to meet her. She sounds... Needy, dependant. You'll be great together. I'm leaving."

Dodging the phone it flies past his head. Of course. He couldn't let it hit him, just to make me feel better. Fucking jerk. Turning, I stomp up to the front door. Daniel's hand grabs my elbow and pulls me back.

"You're not going anywhere." He seethes.

"That's where you're wrong. Trevor cheated on me, I won't get cheated on by you. You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm staying." I spit, snapping my arm out of his grip.

"You're mine. You'll do as I say. You're not leaving." He steps closer, backing me up into the door.

Shaking from the rage, I take a breath, scowling at him. Pulling my lips between my teeth. Letting it out, I push him back. "I'm nobody's. Mate or not. Fuck you, Daniel!" Opening the door, I slam it, turning the bolt quickly and leaning back against the door, throwing my head back. His fists bang off of it, causing it to vibrate against my back. Opening my eyes I see Cody and Gregg staring at me with wide eyes.

"Luna, if I may." Cody goes to speak and Gregg grabs the front of his shirt and pushes him up against the wall.

"You may not." Throwing him down to the ground Gregg rushes to me.

Pulling me in his arms he pets my head. Daniel's screams muffled through the door. "Want me to grab Xale? You guys can stay at my place." He offers and I shake my head against his chest, wrapping my arms around him.

"I wanna go home. This is all too much." I mumble, holding back the tears.

"Okay, let's go grab some of your things. I'll drive you to your cabin to pick up your car, then follow you to your place." Patting my back, he pulls away, glancing back at the door.

It shakes under Daniel's continued assault. "We should hurry. The door won't hold up much longer." Gregg recommends. Taking my hand in his, we go upstairs. Filling a few backpacks with our clothes. I find a duffel bag and fill it with some of Xale's toys. Making sure to pack his tablet and then my laptop. Meeting Gregg in the hall he rubs Xale's back soothingly as he carries him out of the room. The sound of the door slamming open making Xale groan in his sleep. "Let's go."

Daniel stands panting on top of the broken door. His eyes flicker across the room before landing on me as I walk down the stairs.

"Yell and wake Xale and you won't like the outcome." I link quickly, my voice even and calm.

Stunned for a moment, we pass him and load up Gregg's car. Gregg buckling Xale into his booster seat in the back, I close the trunk.

"Ally, you're not going anywhere." Daniel says behind me, opening the trunk and snatching a bag out.

"Yes, I am. Goodbye, Daniel." Closing the trunk again, letting him have the bag. I'll just buy new stuff. I'll need to anyways. He made me bring all my stuff here, and I'm not coming back.

"Ally." He jerks me around, his hand wrapping around the back of my throat. His lips crash on mine, sparks erupt but anger consumes me. I push at his chest, parting us and my hand clenches in a fist. Punching him in the jaw, he stumbles back rubbing at his face where I hit him.

I rush to the front passenger seat and lock the doors, quickly putting on my seatbelt. "Go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 19 5
Extended SAMPLE! Book is live on Amazon & Kindle Unlimited! Monsters are real... and I'm in love with them. Coasting through my last year of college...
7.7K 165 53
117-year-old Luxor "Lux" Atwood has grown up in rural Rosewood, Montana her whole life, believing she has the ideal American family. Having three old...
117K 5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
415K 16.9K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...