WHITE ROSE: Coriolanus Snow

By mlxncc

Marietta Plinth, older sister of Sejanus Plinth finds out that Coriolanus Snow who she mistook to be her brot... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 10

1.6K 19 0
By mlxncc

Marietta walked back to the motel with a smile on her face that she soon discarded as she walked into the room.

(M): Good news.

She sat on the edge of the bed kicking off her boots as she sat down. Coriolanus was in the bathroom touching up his hair.

(M): The people are getting together to hold a secret dance tonight at the Hob. It's a one time thing sense music is banned by that peacekeeper now. I thought we'd go.
(C): Hosting a secret party? What if we get caught?
(M): There have many things you've done that are wrong but you at one time did not think about getting caught. C'mon Coryo it will be fun.
(C): We don't even have anything to wear.
(M): I know you have a decent shirt and pants to wear. I brought my dress.
(C): From the University dance?
(M): Mhm.

She opened her bag and layed it out on the bed. Coriolanus chuckled.

(C): It's like you planned for everything.
(M): Could never go un-prepared. Plus it's too pretty not to pack.

***

The dance starts at 7. At 6:30 Marietta is putting the finishing touches on her outfit. She applied red lipstick and put own gold earrings. This outfit sure to make people stare. As regular girls from 12 would wear a plain dress or a dress good enough to make a boy pass one glance. But this, this dress were to make boys stare. They'd know her not to be from here.

Coriolanus had put on a white shirt and wore a pear of black pants he were to wash and wear the next day again.

They made there way to the Hob. They knocked and were let inside. Lively music filled up the room. It made Coriolanus's heart drop a bit. His eyes scanned the room. A women in a dress along side a few other men and women played up on a stage.

Not the Covey.

He thought to himself and called down. Everyone looked to see who had walked in. Most eyes were either on Marietta or on their partner, dancing. Marietta saw Roman dancing with Lilly Rose. Her hair up in a ponytail and a blue dress on. Roman spun her in the air before looking in Marietta and Coryo's direction. He inaudibly talked to Lilly Rose and she walked off. He made his way over to them.

Marietta smiled and Coriolanus grim.

(R): My my my. Look what the wind blew in. You look stunning Marietta.
(M): You don't look to bad yourself Roman.

They smiled at each other until Roman meet eyes with Coriolanus.

(R): I'm Roman.
(C): Coriolanus.
(R): Oh I know who you are. Everyone does.

That made Coriolanus straighten and his eyes bounced around the room. Some people were staring. Coriolanus gulped and Marietta cleared her throat.

(M): Roman you should get back to Lily Rose.

Roman kept staring at Coriolanus as if he was going to punch him if he opens his mouth again.

(M): Roman.

Marietta spoke more firmly and Roman looked at her and nodded. He turnt around to dance with his girl again. Coriolanus looked at Marietta.

(C): I've seen him before.
(M): He used to attend the Academy. Cheated on his test and gotten sent here to work the mines.
(C): He looked at me as if he wished he bought a gun to shoot me with. Not the way you greet someone.
(M): We had a little something going on until I fell In love with you and broke his heart. He's not all past that yet I assume.

Coriolanus nodded. Marietta took his hand.

(M): Shall we dance?

Marietta swayed a little so her dress would follow. Coriolanus grinned.

(C): We shall.

Coryo twirled her onto the dance floor. Marietta quick with her spins falling back into Coriolanus's arms. They found their rhythm and danced to the music. For one in a while Marietta felt happy. They danced until the song ended and gotten something to drink.

(C): You ever had shots before?
(M): Shots? No. Wine? Yes.

Coriolanus ordered another and passed it to her.

(M): Coryo-
(C): Just try one. Then you don't have to if you don't want to.

Marietta sighed and they both drunk it at the same time. It burned the back of her throat causing her to cough. Coriolanus chuckled.

(M): That is not for me.
(C): It's not for most people.
(M): How many times have you had that?
(C): That'd be my second.
(M): Ugh.

Then the door opens again. Marietta doesn't see it at first but Coriolanus does. His heart drops and he begins to sweat. Marietta looks at him with confusion.

(M): What's the matter?

Coriolanus says nothing and his eyes stay on the door. Marietta finally looks. A short little girl maybe 8 or 9 years old stands in the doorway. A pink dress on. She had a wispy frame and walked with her hands behind her back. She saw them. Her face went cold. She marched up to Coriolanus and started to hit him. Coriolanus gently held her wrists.

(C): Maude Ivory stop.
(MI): No you bastard! You killed her! You killed her!

Only two heads turnt at the sound. Marietta knew if she stayed here this would get bad. She looked at the little girl and twisted her body towards her.

(M): Hi. I'm Marietta. I know what you know. Coryo hurt her. And you know who I'm talking about don't you?

Maude Ivory nods her head. Coriolanus furrows his brow at her words.

(M): He knows what he did and he's sorry. I know he doesn't seem like it but he is. Deep down he is. He hurt me too, so I get what you're feeling. It's gonna be okay. It's gonna take a while to get over it but it's all gonna be okay. You know why?

She shakes her head no.

(M): Because you have music. You can carry a tune can't you?
(MI): How do you know that?
(M): Because he also told me stories. He talked about you and your group, the Covey. You're gonna be alright Maude Ivory.

She hugged her. Marietta had an idea and whispers in her ear. Maude Ivory ran backstage.

Marietta looked at Coryo who still had his eyes furrowed. He was about to speak until Marietta silenced him.

(M): You'll thank me later. She was about to cause a scene in here.

The next second Maude Ivory appeared on stage. She started singing. Marietta pulled him from his chair.

(M): C'mon time to dance again.
(C): I don't want to. Not this song.

Marietta crossed her arms.

(M): What you did to Maude Ivory and what you did to me isn't fair. And the fact that you are still sulking in your arrogance isn't fair. And the fact that you don't want to dance to this stupid song because a girl you caused pain to is singing is pathetic. I'll go dance by myself then.

And she did just that. Marietta twirled herself on the dance floor, her red dress flowing. She rocked to the beat of the song, which was a little slow at first but soon picked up. Marietta twirled again but a little too much because she lost her balance and fell sideways. She yelped as she was caught and lifted upright by Roman. She rolled her eyes as she smiled.

(M): Your always here to save me.
(R):  I try to be.
(M): Where's Lilly Rose?

Marietta mimicked Lilly Rose's voice causing Roman to laugh.

(R): Your always there to make me laugh even when I'm going through something Marietta.
(M): I try to be.

Roman held out his hand.

(R): Care to dance?

Marietta took his hand and danced with him. His hands on her waist as they gotten into the rhythm.

                              ***

Marietta laughed with Roman as the song ended, Maude Ivory still on stage.

(MI): This song is dedicated to my cousin who is no longer here. A ghost. Like this song.

She played Lucy Gray's ballad. Coriolanus got on his feet and walked out the door. Marietta saw and sighed.

(M): I have to go. Coriolanus isn't very comfortable here.
(R): Isn't that the point? When is the plan going out?
(M): Tomorrow. 4:30 you do your job. Then I'll handle the rest.
(R): Alright.
(M): Bye Roman.
(R): But I don't want you to leave Mari. This might be the last time we see of each other.
(M): Isn't that a good thing? We are better off without each other.
(R): I beg to differ.
(M): Roman you have a girlfriend now. You have to be loyal to her.
(R): We have un-finished business Mari. We both know it. We can feel it. Please.

Roman placed his hand on the small of her back to draw her closer to him. He missed her for a long while even after how he made her feel. Lilly Rose had been a good distraction but he still dreamed about her. He didn't want to let her go this time. He knew she wanted to stay too. He could feel it.

Marietta kissed him on the cheek.

(M): Have a good night Roman.

She turnt to walk away but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into a kiss. He kissed her slow. Marietta didn't pull away at this and kissed him back. She rested her hand on his arm. Roman kissed her one more time then pulled away, letting go of her wrist.

Marietta smiled as she walked out the door and walked towards the motel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.1K 89
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› π—₯π—”π—œπ—‘ π—–π—’π—Ÿπ—Ÿπ—œπ——π—˜π—¦ π—ͺπ—œπ—§π—› 𝗦𝗑𝗒π—ͺ ──────────── Coriolanus Snow is a cold and conniving individual, Valentina Hartwick is su...
52.8K 1.7K 31
She hated him. She wanted to smash his chiseled face into bits. The problem was that, more than that, she wanted to kiss him. Between the two optio...
135K 4K 25
❝ It annoyed me that I could act like such a carefree child, and it made me want to lash out at the weeds, who knew nothing but to grow taller. I wan...
3.1K 158 9
Coriolanus isn't so sure he hates Sejanus anymore. Like, he's pretty sure, but something about those brown eyes and that kicked puppy look is really...