Beyond

By B0omers399

"Hunk Garrett?" Lance asked lifting his gaze. "No." "Keith Kogane?" "No." "Pidge Gunderson?" "No." "Katie Hol... More

Green
Q and A
Please
Blue
Mission
Aftermath
Comfortable?
Missed
Glow in the dark
Struggle
Honest
Crimson Tide
The Kid
Wattpad: Discussion
Time
Grounded
Thunder
School?!
Adapting
Lunch
Stacy and Morales
Danger
Ink
Bond
Shade
Rage
Heist
Ghosts
Heal
Forgive
Rested
Friends
Struck
Sight
Embers
Branches
Cracks
Dude
Bad day
Dance with Death
Announcements
Deep
Night falls
Icy waters
Reunion
Rolling
Hang in there
Slight Snag
Loyal
Fault
Give in
Maps
Flash
Black
Visitors
Calling
Swift
Watch me!
Power
Launch
Outnumbered
Hearts
Burn From Inside Out
Hopes
Twisted
Flying
Introductions
Disconnected
Secured
Minds
Blast From The Past
On the edge
Whispers
Moving
Black
Claws
Truths
Endgame
Finished

Where now?

86 8 3
By B0omers399

Lance jolted awake in the dead of night. The silence was heavy and unnerving.

He wasn't at the Avengers tower med bay, so that was something. He slowly realised where he was and let the realisation sink in.

He was in Wakanda.

In their med bay.

Soft blue hues filled the room and Lance frowned to himself.

Hunk was sat in a chair next to where he was laid holding Lance's hand. There was that from still persisting on his face.

A deep twang of guilt punched Lance in the gut. He hated making Hunk worry and this whole situation was doing nothing for his friends mental health.

Lance sighed to himself and rolled onto his side trying to think his way around this situation.

He was dying. He knew that much, the cause was still undetermined and as much as that irritated him he was almost greatful to be unaware of it.

A soft growl had him glancing to the end of the bed. Blue was there glowing softly in the dimly lit room.

"Blue?" He whispered cautious not to wake Hunk. "What's going on?"

Something tugged on his consciousness, it didn't feel right. Blue was worried.

Something strange my paladin, we have to act now.

"Against what?"

Hurry.

She vanished.

Lance really didn't like the sound of that, he sat up and gently eased his hand from Hunk's before slipping out of the bed. He quickly hopped to his feet and clipped his armour into place.

He moved silently through the Wakandan's palace where they had been permitted to stay.

Lance knew that their technological advancements would probably register his movement but he didn't care.

He followed Blue's energy and thought he would be dealing with something small, surely they didn't expect him to handle it alone.

He was led outside where clouds of thunder levitated above them.

He frowned.

"Where now?" Lance asked glancing to the yellow lion who's eyes were still locked onto the clouds.

Lance followed her gaze, parhaps he was just missing something.

A flash of lighting, a crack of thunder. Suspended somewhere in the clouds was a Galran ship.

"Oh no." He whispered before he turned to Yellow. "Get me up there."

~~~

"Hunk.... Hunk."

"Hmm." Hunk groaned, sleeping in this position was doing nothing for his back.

"Lance is gone."

Hunk's head snapped up his eyes locking onto the empty cot before him and relief so heavy hit him making his breath catch.

"Don't do that." He whispered glancing to the Wakandan princess. "I thought you meant..."

The princess shook her head softly, an apologetic look in her eyes as the lights slowly grew brighter. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Hunk sighed and rose to his feet. "Do you know where he went?"

"He put his armour on and went outside. Then I lost visual." Shuri explained. "I thought at first he was sleep walking."

Hunk frowned. "Why did he take his armour?"

A bright flash of lightning and something made the castle tremble. A rumble of thunder sounded a second later.

"That didn't sound normal." Hunk noted glancing to the princess who was already calling her brother.

"I agree, let us assemble the others."

~~~

"I thought Lance was dying?" T'challa asked as he looked at Pidge.

She was strapping her armour on with startling speed.

Hunk and Shuri had explained Lance's disappearing act and that there was potentially an attack happening.

But other than that the others were in the dark.

"He is." Hunk nodded as a large cannon formed in his hands. "But he won't quit, even when we tell him to just let us handle it, so whatever is going on we have to deal with it quick."

"The lions aren't helping either." Keith grumbled holding his sword up to the light before it vanished. "Can we go figure this out now?"

"The lions!" Shuri gasped. "Brother I might have an idea."

"What is it Shuri?" T'challa asked as he watched the barrier form around their country.

"The lions must be hiding the cause, if Lance releases the lions to the other paladins then I am sure we can figure it out."

"Guys we have a problem!" Lance's voice came through the coms and if sounded like he was in pain.

"Where are you? And what's wrong?" Shiro demanded sharply.

"Above the castle." Lance winced. "Haggar's here."

"Team Voltron, let's move." Shiro ordered.

"Avengers assemble." Steve called.

"Wakanda forever!" T'challa cheered.

~~~

Lance lifted his shield to block another blast of Haggar's lightning but it made his feet slide. Then the ground was disappearing.

Lance called the green Bayard and grappled to the side of the ship.

"Lance! Stop stealing out Bayards." Pidge warned over the coms.

Lance rolled his eyes to himself. "Sorry just almost fell."

Blue appeared beneath him and allowed him to rest on her nose. She lifted him the rest of the way so he was level with Haggar.

"You're too late paladin." She growled. "This world will be destroyed, you cannot stop me."

"Yeah, but this time I'm not alone." Lance smirked and jumped, he landed on her ship again and readied himself.

But Haggar was grinning at him.

"Neither am I."

~~~

"What's wrong?"

"Something is above the city." Shuri explained running next to her brother.

"The Galran ship?" Hunk offered.

"No, it's something else." Pidge said with a frown noting what Shuri saw. "Something powerful."

"Lance?" Keith growled. "Got anything you wanna share?"

"Sendak's here."

The coms fell silent for a moment.

"Sendak?" Shiro frowned an uneasiness settling in his stomach.

"Yeah and Haggar isn't planning on ruling this place."

"What are her plans?" Tony asked as he blasted into the sky, the avenge-jet, which Clint was flying, was closed behind him.

"She's going to destroy the earth." Lance whispered.

"Were not going to let that happen." Thor responded spinning his hammer, charging it with lightning. "You have our word."

"Give us the lions." Hunk encouraged hoping Lance would relent.

"No."

"Lance-"

"We're not having this argument." Lance grumbled sounding irritated. "I don't know how and we don't have time for me to try."

"We can't let you try and take them on yourself."

A massive explosion sent the Galran cruiser crashing toward the ground.

"There I've bought them down to your level." Lance sounded irritated. "Lance out."

"Lance!" Allura snapped but he didn't reply.

"This is getting complicated." Pidge groaned.

"We should split up and cover more ground, protect Wakanda." Tony decided. "Hulk, with me."

"Splitting up might not be the best idea." Steve frowned.

"We don't have a choice." Shiro reminded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 6.3K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
628K 18K 45
"Look at it this way, you been given an opportunity to turn over a new leaf. You can either push it to the side or you'll take that leaf. Maya, I kno...
445 1 32
❝ί︎ Δ†οΈŽπ”₯ΰΉο½“π“”οΈŽ π“οΈŽΰΉ β“…οΈŽΡοΈŽΰΉπ“οΈŽπ“”οΈŽΔ†οΈŽπ“οΈŽ π“οΈŽπ”₯ΰΉ€οΈŽο½“Δ†οΈŽΰΉΟ…π“·π“οΈŽΡοΈŽβ“¨οΈŽ. Ξ”π“·α΅ˆ π“οΈŽπ”₯β’ΆοΈŽπ“οΈŽ's wπ”₯β’ΆοΈŽπ“οΈŽ ί︎'Ο» Δ£ΰΉΰΉ€οΈŽπ“·Δ£ π“οΈŽΰΉ ᡈ๏, 𝓷๏ Ο»β’ΆοΈŽπ“οΈŽπ“οΈŽπ“”οΈŽΡοΈŽ π“οΈŽπ”₯π“”οΈŽ Δ†οΈŽΰΉο½“π“οΈŽ.❞ β˜…β˜…β˜…...
21.5K 304 26
one shots with all your favorite marvel characters. 𑁍 π“Έπ“ˆ’ 𓂃 taking requests ? [ βœ”οΈ ] - yes ! [ ] - no ; please wait until further notice ! ...