Testament Of Sister New Devil...

By KyleFaroa

Five years have passed since Kenchie fled from the Hero Village following the tragic loss of his parents. Det... More

Bio
Harem
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2.5 - Heroes Part 1

488 7 0
By KyleFaroa

8 Years Ago

Shuuya's POV

The Nonaka Household

The sun's rays shine through the window, burning my eyelids. I turn my body & envelop myself in the warmth of my blanket, wishing to sleep in for as long as possible. But that wish was short-lived as I was suddenly roused from my slumber by two hands clasping my face.

I opened my right eye to see who roused me from my slumber & saw that the culprits were my daughters, Yuki & Kurumi.

Kurumi: Dad, Get up!!

Yuki: It's time to wake up, Dad!

Shuuya: [yawns] What time is it?

Yuki/Kurumi: [in unison] It's 8 AM!

Shuuya: 8 AM? [yawns] Then why was I woken up? You two know that I don't want to wake up any earlier than 10 AM on weekends.

Kurumi: Yes, but-

Yuki: We have guests.

Shuuya: Guests?

??: She means us.

I quickly sat up to see who was talking, only to find my childhood friends & next-door neighbors, Daewi & Mira Misaki.

Mira: Sleeping in as usual, heh? You really haven't changed much since we were kids, Shu.

Shuuya: Says the pot to the kettle... What are you two even doing here?

Daewi: You tell us. You're the one who called us a few days ago, asking to meet up as soon as possible.

Shuuya: I did?

It took me a few minutes, but I finally remembered why I wanted to speak with Mira & Daewi. I didn't want Yuki & Kurumi to hear this yet, so I asked them to give the three of us some privacy. As Yuki & Kurumi left the room, I realized that I didn't have my eyepatch on, so I immediately grabbed it from my bedside table.

Shuuya: So, I take it your mission was a success?

Mira: [smiles] Yeah, that mission was super fun. You really should've joined us, Shu. I'm sure you would've loved it.

As Mira said that, both she & Daewi sat down on the floor in front of my bed.

Shuuya: Sorry, but The Great War was all the combat I ever wanted to see.

Mira: [pouts] I stand corrected, it seems you have changed. What happened to The Shu who loved fighting & dreamed of becoming the strongest hero?

Shuuya: He was taught humility after he stupidly challenged one of The 8 Demon Generals to a fight & lost an eye because of it.

Daewi: You may have lost your left eye, but you still managed to win that fight, Shu. That's more than I can say about the one who gave me my scar. *That Gald... Not only did he beat me, but I had to be saved by Jin of all people. If we ever meet again, I'll make sure to pay him back for the humiliation I felt that day.

Shuuya: Look, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss going on missions but taking a back seat from combat was for the best. By doing that, I've been able to spend more time with my family, as well as gain authority in The Village that's second only to The Elders. You two might not like it, but can you at least respect my decision?

Daewi: [sighs] Alright.

Mira: [pouts] Okay, fine

Shuuya: Now that we've gotten that sorted out, let's discuss why I wanted us to meet.

Daewi: Does that mean you finally remembered the reason?

Shuuya: Yeah. Firstly, I wanted to share some news with you two. It hasn't been made public yet, but it seems that The Elders have chosen the three of us to be their successors when they eventually retire. *Though knowing how much they love their position, I'm sure that day won't happen anytime soon.

Daewi: So they've chosen their successors, heh? It's about time.

Mira: No kidding, I was starting to think that they'd never choose one.

Shuuya: You two don't seem surprised that you were chosen.

Daewi: Well, It's kind of obvious that we'd be chosen. Shiba & Seito are still too young, Kaoru can't afford to leave her new post & Jin is not on the best of terms with The Elders, so the three of us are the only S-Class Heroes In The Village left to take up that position.

Shuuya: Good point.

Mira: So, what was the other reason you wanted to speak with us?

Shuuya: Well, uhm... I wanted your advice.

Daewi: About?

Shuuya: It's about Yuki... For as long as I can remember, she's always been afraid of stormy nights. Whenever Yuki hears the sound of storms at night, she feels as if the darkness of the night would swallow her whole if she slept. The only way Yuki can feel safe enough to sleep is by having someone stay up with her until she falls asleep. That role has always been carried out by either me or Kaoru, but-

Daewi: Since Kaoru has become the new Head Of The Medical Department & you're about to be groomed to become an Elder, the two of you will be too busy to always be there for Yuki during stormy nights, right?

Shuuya: Yeah... That's why I wanted to ask you two for some advice about what I should do.

Mira: Can't Kurumi stay up with her?

Shuuya: Unfortunately, Kurumi is the type that falls asleep the minute her head hits the pillow, so she can't stay up with Yuki.

Mira: Ahh, I see... Well, I'm out of ideas. What about you, Dear?

Daewi: I think the best solution would be to have Yuki & Kurumi stay at our house during stormy nights.

Shuuya: How would that work? You two are gonna be just as busy as me once the grooming process starts.

Daewi: [smiles] Yes, but you're forgetting about Kenchie. Being a kid, Kenchie has the free time to always be there for Yuki & since he's a bit of a night owl himself, he'll be able to stay up with her for as long as possible. He's the perfect replacement for you & Kaoru.

Shuuya: You do have a point, but are you sure Kenchie won't mind?

Mira: [smiles] Knowing Kenchie, I'm sure he'd love to do it.

Daewi: [chuckles lightly] Yeah, having two girls share his bed is gonna be a dream come true for him.

A.N: Hey Everybody! I'm back with another chapter. So sorry for not updating sooner, I've been rather busy.

With that said, I want to clarify a few things about this chapter:

1. This chapter is basically a prologue to a flashback that takes place in Volume 9 of Testament.

2. I do plan on writing more flashbacks in between chapters, but there won't be many.

3. There isn't an official design of Yuki/Kurumi's Father or their home, so I just chose a picture that matches their descriptions. I do plan on doing the same for other characters without official designs, like Kaoru Nonaka & The Current 8 Demon Generals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 65 18
Y/N L/N (now Aizawa) lost her biological parents at the age of 5. Now in Japan and the successor of a Pro Hero, Y/N has to face difficult challenges...
534 75 22
You just entered your first year at the most prestigious upcoming Pro-Hero school in all of Japan. Somewhere you've dreamed of attending as a child...
2.5K 64 8
For many being born into the my hero world was hell as all the woman had quirks but the men didn't so they were treated like shit even Y/n, some men...
340 6 13
(y/n) (l/n) wants to be a hero. Her family is broke and her dad's in jail, but she applies to UA's hero course nonetheless, along with her best frien...