Flying into the Spider's Web...

Oleh Senjumarus_Plaything

While on a mission in the World of the Living, Captain Soi-Fon has a run-in with a mysterious individual, who... Lebih Banyak

I
II
III
IV
Spooky Chapter
VI

V

298 9 2
Oleh Senjumarus_Plaything

Soi Fon was up early, probably earlier than any other Captain, with the exception of Mayuri. Who knows if the mad scientist even sleeps. She was well away from the Seireitei, up in the mountains training. It was something she did to pass the time since Squad Two rarely ever had missions.

However, unlike her Lieutenant, she wasn't going to waste time idly stand by when she could be doing something worthwhile.

On the top of one of the many tall rock structures, she was performing a combination of hand stands and push-ups.

[Does anyone know the actual term for that? I'm not a gym rat so idk]

After several hours training, she left the her personal training grounds, going back to her personal quarters. Sighing loudly, she sat on the mat laid out on the floor, a towel resting atop her shoulders. She normally didn't train herself so hard, but it wasn't as if she had anything better to do. Squad 2 mainly dealt with stealth/assassinations, which they rarely ever got missions for.

After wiping the sweat off of her face and shoulders with her towel, she threw it into a random part of her room, donning her full Captain's uniform.

Tying her zanpakutou to her back, she nodded, seemingly satisfied with herself before exiting her private quarters.

"Now...where is Omaeda? He hasn't tried to annoy me yet..."

Walking through the open hallways of the Squad Two barracks, she eventually found her lieutenant sitting down on a bench, stuffing his face with chips. Groaning, Soi Fon stomps towards him.

"Omaeda! Just what do you think you are doing?! Why aren't you training like the others?!"

Omaeda gasped in surprise, his bag of chips flying into the air, never to be seen again. He looked at Soi Fon, fear evident on his face.

"C-Captain! I-I uh...I had to watch over my sister! See, she's just over there!"

He quickly points to his sister who was a few feet in front of him, running and playing in a field, trying to catch butterflies.

Soi Fon's eyes lingered on the little girl for a moment before she dropped her head and sighed. He had a reasonable excuse...this time. Next time, she wouldn't let him off so easily. She raised her head and looked at Omaeda, eyes narrowed.

"I see...however, next time I see you slacking off, there will be consequences, you understand?"

Omaeda hastily nodded, sighing lightly in relief. His attention shifted to his little sister who had successfully caught a butterfly, trapping it in her hands as if it was caught in a spiders web.

"C-Captain...uh...can I ask you something?"

Soi Fon looked down at Omaeda, an blank look on her face.

"What is it?"

"Uh...a few days ago...that human kid that helped us with those Hollows...j-just who was he? His powers were...weird..."

World of the Living

Kumo suddenly sneezed loudly, Ichigo looking at him.

"You catching a cold?"

Kumo shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe. It has been getting colder recently."

Back in the Soul Society

Soi Fon looked down as she pondered Omaeda's question. Even she was confused as to what his powers could be. She had one lead though. She recalled Captain's Byakuya and Toshiro mentioning Fullbringers.

"Hmm...I don't know. His powers are...unique. He doesn't seem to be that experienced with them. However...at least he seems to be trying to understand his powers. While you, on the other hand laze around! We don't run a charity, Omaeda! Do better, you're being outdone by a human!"

"Y-Yes Captain! I-I'll get started as soon as possible!"

"Good!"

She starts walking away, leaving Omaeda to stay on the bench, sweating nervously. She decided that she would question Byakuya and/or Toshiro. Either one was worked. They both seemed to be knowledgeable in this Fullbringer subject.

And just as fate (aka plot) would have it, she would happen to run into Byakuya first. She didn't hold anything against the man.

"Byakuya..."

The taller captain looked down at Soi Fon, the ever present dull expression on his face.

"Soi Fon."

"What are Fullbringers?"

Byakuya looked at Soi Fon, with an almost unreasonable expression, as if he was pondering about what to say.

"Well," he started, "from what we have gathered, a Fullbringer is a spiritually-aware human with the ability to manipulate their spirit energy in physical matter. From what Captain Kurosutchi has gathered through his own means, Fullbringers are either humans that have survived an attack from a Hollow, or their mother survived a Hollow attack while pregnant."

The stoic man looked down at Soi Fon with a puzzled expression.

"Why are you curious about the matter?"

Soi Fon sighed before explaining herself.

"That mission we were sent on a while ago...that black haired boy who knew Ichigo, Kumo was his name...I was just curious as to what he was exactly. And before we left, I heard you and Hitsugaya mention Fullbringers."

Byakuya nodded in understanding, closing his eyes while resting a finger on his chin.

"I see..."

He opens his eyes again, looking at Soi Fon.

"What do you plan to do now that you have this information?"

The shorter captain looked down in thought. She honestly hadn't thought about that.

"I...don't know. Yet, at least. I'll think of what to do some time else."

She looked back up at Byakuya.

"Thank you for sharing this information. I'll be leaving now."

She turned and walked away before disappearing with a flash step.

In The World of the Living

Kumo was in an abandoned building testing out his powers. He had done quite a few things. Taking inspiration from a Western comic hero, he was able to use his strings as a form of travel. He was also able to move objects with his strings, like a sling. He was thinking about all the possibilities his powers have. The only thing that he had developed to be extremely useful was the giant web he had set up across the town, which would alert him when triggered.

"Hmm...I wonder if I can use them offensively. I know I can wrap up people, but maybe I can do more than that. Like...could they be used for slicing things? No no, that sounds stupid..."

Suddenly he heard the voice of Strawberry— I MEAN Ichigo from behind.

"Yo, Kumo! What've you been up to, man?"

Kumo swiftly turned around to greet his friend.

"Oh, hey, Strawberry. Uh...how'd you find me?"

"I don't know what you were doing, but you were letting out some Spiritual Pressure. Though to be honest, I'm not that good at detecting that kinda stuff. Mr. Handy Crafts had to point me in the right direction."

Kumo didn't even need Ichigo to explain who Mr. Handy Crafts was. He instantly knew that it was Uryu.

"I don't know what Spiritual Pressure is, but I've just been practicing with my powers. Since they're still kinda new, I just want to get a feel at what I'm capable of, ya know?"

Ichigo nodded in understanding. He thought back to the early days of becoming a Substitute Soul Reaper. Learning the process of purifying Hollow's, learning flash step along with Bankai, learning to control his inner Hollow.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm sure you'll think of something. Can't be too difficult. You could be like that comic book guy you were talking about," Ichigo stated. "Maybe you could even make objects out of them."

Kumo hummed while he thought for a moment. Ichigo did bring up a good point.

"That's a good idea," Kumo began. "I'll probably think of something eventually."

Suddenly, his stomach began growling. Embarrassed, Kumo clutched his stomach and chuckled nervously.

"Maybe after I get something to eat
I completely forgot about breakfast."

Ichigo smiled and gestured toward the exit of the building.

"Let's go then. There's a good fast food restaurant nearby."

Kumo nodded and followed Ichigo out of the building, striking up a conversation, wanting to know what he's missed the past few months.

[OKAY, I apologize that this chapter came out later than I wanted it to. I haven't been able to wrote as much as I would have liked because I have been dealing with some personal stuff, like looking for an actual job (which is harder than it seems), and also because my brain seems to shut down after 1,000 words or so.

Anyway

Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter. Peace]

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

696K 24.9K 143
A story where demons and human's meet.
10.7K 352 29
Chizuru's forgotten past comes back alive when she meets a mysterious fellow out in the forest. With her new friend and companion, jealousy stirs up...
17.2K 422 23
Not much is know about captain Mayuri past and his long lost little sister. What will Mayuri do when he finds his beloved sister and once again have...
182 1 22
A young lord, his demon butler and his demon daughter's soulmate board a luxury cruise ship to investigate claims of the dead being returned to life...