The Son of Night & Spring

נכתב על ידי Sophie_BookQ

What if Feyre and Tamlin had a son years before she met Rhysand? Will he follow the path of stars his mother... עוד

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Seventeen

76 2 0
נכתב על ידי Sophie_BookQ

Lotus wondered why she was still breathing with the way Rhysand was looking at her.

Two pairs of eyes so similar and yet completely at the same time. There was amusement in hers and in his was rage, staring the other down like two predators claiming the other prey.

It wasn't until Lotus took in the situation did he realize why she still stood proud against the most dangerous High Lord in Prythian.

Azriel's shadows fought against the other in the walls. A battle between himself as his shadows spiraled. Blood slowlying running down his eyes as though the darkness turned on him from the inside. Cassian at his side, despite to help his brother as Rhysand stood face to face with "Amarantha."

No, not Amarantha, Lotus reminded himself. Simply someone with similar facial features as her. Someone who he could never get out of his head.

"Let him go," Rhysand growled, promising death in his words if she so much as denied him or even followed his orders. There was no good ending for her. Even Lotus glanced away at him, for once the beast inside quiet. But he felt eyes on him and when he looked back, she was looking straight at him. The King of Night seemed murderous at her lack of attention on him.

Her eyes met Lotus.

"You're not Tamlin,"

Before Lotus could even speak, his Mother blocked her view of him. "I would suggest listening to my mate, and to get your filthy gaze off my son."

Feyre held "Amarantha's" gaze, madness in her eyes while the female only smiled.
In a flick of her wrist, Azriel's shadows were freed. The Illyrian himself collapsing from the sudden pressure, Cassian holding him up. However, just as quickly, Rhysand's magic was moving on its own, panic in the High lord's eyes as it turned on everyone in the room. Choking them, taking away their air, playing with their minds.

"Come closer, boy. Let me get a good look of you."

His Mother had an iron grip on him.

Still "Amarantha" challenged her, now everyone on their knees except for himself, Feyre and Rhysand. "I'll ask nicely only once, Feyre," the amount of magic in the air made the house rumble, the mountains outside looked like they were moving closer, the attempt to crush Velaris promised in her eyes if his Mother didn't move. Innocent blood spilling like waterfalls. Everyone was powerless, the thought made him shiver. When they are all supposed to be the most powerful... "Move."

Lotus gently took his hand in hers, clenching them tightly to make her look at him. Blue eyes forming tears ready to spill. He understands the place she was put in. The sacrifice she had to make. The feeling that were boiling inside her, how useless she was at that moment, just like when she was human. The progress to make sure she never felt that way again, all down the drain.

He smiled softly at her, "It's okay, Mama."

She didn't want to let him go,  sobs choked back in her throat as she shook her head. But he took her face in his hands, worried at how pale everyone looked. He forced her eyes to meet his, "You have to let me go."

"No," She sobbed, " Lotus, no."

His eyes softened at her. It's okay, he thought. Seeing her eyes widen at how he spoke in her mind. It's okay.

Feyre felt her heart tear in two at the sight of her family suffering but she couldn't let her son go. Not back to that monster. Not her baby.

But what could she do?

Tears ran unending down her face, "I'm sorry," but all he did was kiss her gently on her head.

"It's okay," He said one more time, before her hand slipped from his grasp.

When she did, Lotus moved towards "Amarantha"- holding his head up high. I won't come closer unless you let them go.

She read his mind perfectly and in seconds, the world around them stabilized.

His Mother quickly went to support her mate; color slowly regained as he helped heal his family around him. Lotus's Father shrugged him off when Rhysand came near to help, staring at "Amarantha" and himself with a rage he felt he hadn't seen in ages.

"Amarantha" creeped closer towards him.
Reaching out a hand to him, her nails slipping in his hair as she stood taller than him. Just like in his imagination and yet there was no similarity. Tall and slender but her body wasn't filled with muscle and meat but only her skin and bones. As though she was a walking corpse but beauty still shined graciously.

He gazed at her from head to toe.

Flashes of his memory and his reality comparing the two.

They stood like that for a while; With her eyes examining him and vice versa.
Then it clicked. And when she met his eyes again, she knew that he knew it as well.

"Tamlin fathered a son, I see."

"Like Amarantha mothered a daughter,"

The room tensed at his words but the women smirked at him only.

"You look just like him,"

"I wish I could say the same for you," He replied, nodding his head at Rhysand. "You bear his eyes."

She held her chin up high, "Do you not like them, Son of Night and Spring?"

"Can't say they are my favorite Princess of Prythian."

Her eyes lit up for a moment before she looked at the Azriel. Lotus wondered what it was that dullness she carried with her. "Let your shadows come, Shadowsinger. However, do be careful how you use them, it would be a shame if something happened to the son of your beloved rulers."

Even if she didn't say his name, the room knew of who she spoke of.

Nyx.

Lotus felt anger slither in his bones like a vengeful snake. Feeling the aura of blood coming from his Mother and her Mate. Including all of those surrounding her.

Rhysand gave his brother a look, and Azriel let his shadows slip towards them. Slow and careful.

"You have some nerve to be making demands and threats here," Lotus spat at her, his Mother's voice raging in his head for taunting her but the woman simply laughed as though he was a puppet for a show she was controlling. "I wouldn't be here doing so if it wasn't for you, Lotus."

He flinched at her words, shame filling him.

She was right, they wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for him. If he knew how to use the Harp right.

Azriel shadows sank back to him, shaking and screaming at their master and for once, the Illyrian looked shocked.

"You know," The woman said. "Say it."

Azriel lowered his head, despite the eyes Rhysand was giving him.

"Say it, Az."

Azriel glared at the nickname his family gave him come out of her mouth. "Tell them."

There was a battle in his eyes, a sadness of some sort when he looked at his brother. Rhysand demanded an answer but it shook him inside that even he was afraid of it.

"She carries the blood of both Amarantha and Rhysand in her," He said, "She's their offspring."

If those words alone could have shaken the world, he saw it shake Rhysand's. "That's Impossible,"

She stared at him, "Maybe in this world." Just not in hers.

Rhysand looked as though his belief and mortals changed. Devastation written all in his face, eyes wide in shock. Lotus would be too, if he hadn't expected this.
The Harp was capable of many things, some he couldn't understand and he wondered why it called Amarantha's and Rhysand's daughter here instead of bringing him back to the place he wanted.

He looked at her; the woman with no name. He looked at his hands, at her face, her features.

The garden from where he first saw her kept flashing in his mind, how she looked like a star trapped in a Fae body. Those Indigo eyes like jewels and hair like looking through an autumn leaf turned to the sun. Shadows surrounding her like a cozy cloak over her shoulders...

Until the flames swallowed her whole.

Leaving on the aftermath of who stood before them.

"But," Rhysand whispered, "Why are you like this?" Why are you a monster?

Katherina seemed to falter for a moment, he was sure no one else saw but a flick of a moment, he saw a deeper emotion that she was hiding with her cruel persona. "I guess you could say I am my Mother's Daughter."

"We're family, I don't understand-"

"The only thing we have in common is the blood running through our veins, High Lord." She hissed, "We're far from family."

Maybe the Harp brought her for a reason.

Rhysand looked defeated, his heart now opened from a new wound.

She simple glared at him,

Lotus needed her.
She turned to Lotus again, icy eyes focused on him.

Maybe she needed him.

"I'm growing bored, Son of Night and Spring."

He focused back her, "I apologize if we aren't as entertaining as you hoped,"

Suddenly, the air chilled. His senses on high alert and it woke the beast inside. How it screamed 'danger' in his head. Something seemed wrong, out of order. He felt claws scrap his insides like the beast was trying to rip him open from the inside out.

He could tell everyone else knew it too, His father giving death stares at the back of her head and Rhysands power seemed uncontrollable. As though another master put a leash on it.

"You feel that, don't you?"

Lotus glared at the female.

"I possess much more than this little trick I'm playing, Lotus." She looked down at him, coming closer to whisper in his ear, but just enough to let everyone else hear. "I know this game, Young Lord. I've played it time and time again; I've recognized moves, turns- it's predictable if you notice well enough. But you?"
She looked him up and down, "You are just like me."

He scoffed, "I'm nothing like you."

"I thought I was nothing like myself too, once.." She said, "I turned out wrong. And so will you." She tilted his chin up, "You are my equal. My rival. For only you can decide what move to make that I would not know how to counterattack. That's what makes you peak my interest, that's what keeps them all-" she glanced at the others around them, "-alive. You."

Tamlin hissed at her, "That sounds like a threat,"

"It is."

The High Lord of Spring scoffed, "What you are claiming is that Lotus is the only reason you're keeping us alive is because he is entertaining? You're sick."

"Intrigued is the word I would use, but yes, I suppose you're correct for once Tamlin."

His Father growled at the use of his name but she simply shrugged and smiled mockingly. Lotus almost wanted to smile but he just couldn't fathom her words and the hidden meaning behind it.

"And if he loses your interest, what then?"

The female turned to Rhysand- her father in another world.

Sadness still in his eyes, as if he was asking for something. A question deep in his eyes.

But she still looked at him with dull eyes, and gave no answer. But that seemed like a thousand words.

"You're enjoying our fear." Lotus said, feeling the room tense. But how could he care if he was taunting her? She was the one with the threats, the mockery. It was pissing him off, and maybe it was simply survival instinct leaving him but Lotus stood his ground. "Acting like a child, making us all your puppets. Aren't you tired of the same show, the same storyline, as you said? So why are you continuously playing this part? It has already exhausted me." He sighed, "Guess that's my own fault, why did I expect anything else when it's obvious you only seem to find entertainment in plays you know you would win in instead of taking the risk."

Coward.

He felt fear in the walls alone, shadows turning from even darkness at his words.
But he forced his eyes straight at her, this time stepping closer to her until they were face to face.

She seemed shocked, her face cracked for only a moment from that mask she hides behind and he felt triumph at that look.
She quickly recovered and smirked. "I apologize, Young lord,"

That made Lotus pause for a moment, What?

She stepped away and rested her hand on his shoulder, "Should you need me, I'll be staying in one of the unoccupied rooms." Walking past his vengeful father and rageful mother and silent Rhysand, she shot him on last look before her voice spoke in his head.

You've surprised me, Prince. Few manage to do that, so, I'll give you a prize.

Lotus raised his brow at that.

I'll give you my name.

He frowned, but she grinned. Names have more power than any ability ever known, boy. Do not overlook that.

And with that, she closed the doors.

The moment she left, Lotus felt the air get lighter. And for a moment, he could breathe.

That lasted about three seconds before his Father's short temper got the better of him.

Curse the fucking Cauldron.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

680K 33.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
597K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...