Blood Thirsty

By MissBonnett

To save his family from financial ruin, Anthony Ventura, the least dependable of the Ventura brothers, agrees... More

Season List for Picky Eater
Ch. 1: Who's your Favorite?
Ch. 2: The Glue to this Family
Ch. 3: Don't Tell Dante
Ch. 4: It's complicated
Ch. 5: So, you are Insane
Ch. 6: I Need Blood
Ch. 7: I just Like Negotiating
Ch. 8: He Loves You
Ch. 9: Just Don't Kill Me
Ch. 10: Knox's ex-fiancΓ©
Ch. 11: He's a problem
Ch. 12: You're a little scary
Ch. 13: This is childish
Ch. 14: Just be yourself, Anthony
Ch. 15: You should be happy
Ch. 16: Hydrangeas
Ch. 17: I like you
Ch. 18: Close the door behind you!
Ch. 19: You were made for me
Ch. 21: Watch out!
Ch. 22: Promise me
Ch. 23: For my next test
Ch. 24: Let me spoil you
Ch. 25: Anthony
Ch. 26: This man is mine
Ch. 27: You're early?
Ch. 28: I'm doing it for love
Ch. 29: I'll race you there
Ch. 30: Hi husband
Ch. 31: You're scaring me
Ch. 32: It's okay
Ch. 33: I'm a Feast
Ch. 34: Knox is doing well
Ch. 35: What about me?
Ch. 36: I don't want to fight
Ch. 37: Don't be a hero
Ch. 38: I have a bad idea
Ch. 39: because I said so
Ch. 40: You win

Ch. 20: It won't blow up

614 29 10
By MissBonnett

Anthony and Knox never specified if they were boyfriends, which would be an odd title when they were already getting married, but it definitely felt like it. Just walking through a clothing boutique and holding Knox's hand made him giddy. He'd steal glances at Knox, who was already looking at him, and they'd both blush and smile. The sweetness threatened Anthony with a cavity.

Anthony didn't even have a high school boyfriend that made him feel this mushy. In the showroom, Anthony saw rows of tuxedos and wedding dresses, but not Johanna or Milan. With a little smile, Anthony pecked Knox's cheek. Knox slapped his hand over his cheek and sighed wistfully.

"You two are so dramatic."

Milan appeared from the ether and made Anthony jump.

Humor completely devoid of his face, Milan scowled at his princes. "I thought Anthony was going to kill you, sir."

Something dawned on him. Knox squinted. "And were you just going to let him?"

Milan blinked. "The store owner has requested your final approval on your groomsmen list."

"Fine." Knox sighed, rubbing Anthony's back. Knox gave him a quick kiss. "Have you decided on your groomsmen?"

"My brothers, Bianca, and Phoebe Easten."

"Aren't you not speaking to your brothers?"

"They're all I have, and we have to keep up appearances."

"You're right." Slightly amused, Knox laughed a little and kissed Anthony's head before following Milan.

Anthony touched the top of his head, letting himself enjoy it. He smiled quietly, just to himself, and took a deep breath. He meandered around the clothes, glancing through the dresses. For fun, he searched for a dupe of Bianca's wedding dress. He recalled it had a low neckline, but pillowing sleeves, and a skirt she couldn't stop twirling in.

Anthony pinched some silk between his fingers, which felt like the knot in his chest. He was tempted to call home and let Bianca know he wasn't going to die alone, tell Nino he was right and he ended up liking Knox, and he'd definitely let Mathew know he wasn't angry anymore. He stopped blaming Mathew a long time ago.

There was no one to blame.

Dante chose him on purpose. Not because he was the only remaining sibling. Only Anthony could handle the responsibility.

"Are you thinking of switching up the wardrobe?" Johanna asked.

Anthony looked around at her, holding his breath. She looked so much like Knox, it was actually insane. Her white blonde hair was pulled back to show off her dangling silver earrings. She wore a red pants suit with a silk scarf. Breathing or looking at it was too expensive.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for Knox to come back," Anthony explained, feeling his ears burn hot.

She hummed, glancing at the dresses too. "You two have grown close."

"Yes," Anthony said honestly.

"You don't have to be close. This marriage is arranged."

"I know..." Anthony kept his head held up high. "I didn't want to get close to him. I actually tried to put distance between us, but..." He smiled. He couldn't help it. "But your son is surprisingly stubborn. You should discipline him more."

She smiled, and it was the first time Anthony truly saw the difference. Knox's smiles were softer than velvet, sweeter than honey. Johanna had a worn-out smile that was rough around the edges, and like it was left in a cold attic.

Shaking her head, she said, "You're right, but I'm still worried. This partnership is new, and I don't truly know and yet, I feel you're moving fast."

"It's just two guys realizing they have a mutual crush. It's normal for two people who like each other to try dating."

Her blue eyes looked right through him. "But you're not normal people and if this blows up, the coven will suffer."

"It won't blow up."

"You can't promise me that."

Anthony didn't know what to say. He didn't want to lie and promise her a future he couldn't predict. Even worse, Anthony didn't want to give up either. Johanna must've understood. She just nodded and looked around until she found her new assistant, Bertie, and motioned him to follow. Anthony's face fell, burning a hole through Bertie's sweaty head as he passed.

"I'll see you at the castle," Johanna said, purposely not calling it home.

Anthony watched them leave through the doors. He turned for the store, searching for Knox. He oddly needed him. Knox was in the middle of shaking the store owner's hand and thanking her. Anthony stayed back, not wanting to impose, especially when Knox looked so focused.

"Look at me," Anthony whispered a small wish.

And it just so happened, like magic, Knox glanced over and, with the biggest smile, held out his hand for Anthony. Stopping himself from running, Anthony joined his side. Knox introduced Anthony to anyone who would listen, and eventually, they made their way back home.

Opening the door for Knox, Anthony couldn't help but check him out from top to bottom, emphasizing on his ass. "How much work do you have to do?"

"Not too much," Knox said, taking his hand once again. This man was obsessed with little pecks and holding Anthony's hand. If this was the rumored honeymoon period, Anthony understood why his sister disappeared for five years during hers to enjoy it. "If you're not busy, you can join me."

"No, I'm afraid I'll distract you." Anthony pouted. "I'll just wait for you in... your room?" Anthony asked.

"My room," Knox agreed and kissed Anthony.

"Oh, my apologies, I didn't mean to interrupt," a man said, a voice he recognized. Anthony's face turned ashen as he glanced around. Of all people, Paul Ramsey had reappeared. Anthony pulled back his hand and crossed his arms as Paul chuckled. "It's good to see you."

"Hi, Paul," Anthony said to his last summer fling, to probably the last person Anthony kissed before getting engaged to Knox.

"Paul Ramsey?" Knox questioned, offering his hand.

With a slight bow, Paul accepted the handshake. His green eyes studied them both, but put Anthony on pins and needles. "Congrats, by the way. You should've told me the last time we spoke," Paul said, looking past Knox's shoulder. While his lips were curled, his eyes were smiling at all. "You've worked really hard with plenty of people, and you did it. You can't reach higher than the future king of the coven."

All of Anthony's organs withered and died. Knox was dead quiet, and Paul just kept this torture going. He smiled and patted Knox's shoulder. "You're really in for it, your highness. Anthony comes with a lot of baggage. You should be sainted."

"Okay, Paul, you've said enough," Anthony said, but Knox raised his hand. He glanced at Anthony and winked.

"I've got it, baby. Mr. Ramsey, I think you're unaware of the meaning of Ventura. It means good fortune, so I'm actually quite lucky that Anthony is mine. It's good to see you and I hope you don't mind denying our wedding invitation. It sounds like you're not ready to celebrate our union. Have a great night, sir."

Knox reached behind, taking Anthony's hand out of its crossed position, dragging Anthony until they hit the stairs, but Anthony quickened his pace and dragged Knox. Knox chuckled, going with it, and Anthony was the one dragging him. They sprinted down the halls, zooming past the confused staff.

Anthony threw open Knox's door and shoved Knox back into his door, slamming it shut. He kissed Knox, yanking his shirt out of his pants and tearing off his jacket and cursing this man for wearing too much clothes. Knox chuckled, pulling Anthony's sweater over his head.

"You can work later, right?" Anthony asked, practically begging.

"What work?" Knox smiled and quickly unbuttoned his shirt. Anthony threw himself back at Knox, pressing his body against Knox's, running up the strength of his body as he grabbed the back of Knox's neck. He dragged Knox backwards, tossed him onto the bed, and laid him out like an all you can eat buffet.

Anthony was never kinky in bed, but something about a man standing up for him was maybe the hottest thing he had ever seen. That made him so horny he might cum if Knox just brushed over his pants. Anhtony pulled his sweater off, throwing it in the corner, along with his underwear and pants in one go. Knox reached over, grabbing Anthony's waist, and pulling him in. Anthony leaned down, kissing his way down Knox's neck. His hands searched for his buckle, and his pant's button, desperate to open him up like a present on Christmas.

Anthony always enjoyed sex. He liked that for a little while. He was the only person his partner cared about. Yet, Anthony kissed Knox like he planned his day around it. Anthony touched Knox like he'd been waiting all day to do it. Knox matched his enthusiasm as he grinned so shiny, Anthony had to close his eyes.

A knock on the door froze Anthony and Knox solid. They both paused, not even breathing, as Milan knocked again and said, "Your highness, Lord Maurice is looking for you...." As Milan explained, Knox sighed and dropped back onto the bed in defeat. Anthony begrudgingly also got off Knox and sat on the bed's edge. "Apparently, your meeting with the Ramsey coven had been canceled and your uncle has some words for you over the reason for it."

"I'm on my way," Knox raised his voice and started putting his clothes back on and back together, taking several cool breaths. He eyed Anthony, dragging his eyes up and down Anthony's body like he was imagining everything he just missed. "You," he told Anthony. "Don't go anywhere. I'll be back."

"Don't threaten me if you don't mean it," Anthony said, warningly and pushed him with his foot. Knox pretended to be overpowered and stumbled with a giddy little smile. He rushed back to Anthony and stole a kiss.

"Oh, I mean it."

Hurrying to the door, Knox paused for one more breath and held his hand on his chest. Anthony smiled and motioned him to go already. Knox finally opened the door, unveiling Milan. Milan blinked. He glanced down and then back up. Without a comment, Milan just shook his head and walked away. This amused Knox, but he didn't immediately leave. He glanced at Anthony one more time, miming a kiss at him.

Biting down on his smile, Anthony shook his head and tossed a pillow at him. Anthony jumped back on the bed and screamed into the mattress, releasing his pent-up excitement.

Anthony turned over and exhaled, gazing at the ceiling. He really couldn't remember the last time he was this happy. He reached for his phone and while he couldn't scream it from rooftops, he at least texted Dante and Mathew separately:

Anthony: I'm not mad anymore.

***

Unfortunately, by the time Anthony saw Knox again was when Knox was sleeping by his side. At some point, Anthony rested his eyes after reading a book for so long, he just stayed completely asleep. Anthony watched him for a little and slowly, carefully, scooted closer to Knox. He stole Knox's arm, draping it over him and holding Knox's arm to his chest.

Stirring, Anthony briefly woke up from his dreams, forgetting them all in an instant. He took a deep breath, filling his chest with a wonderfully sweet scent. It smelled so good. It dried out Anthony's throat in an instant, reminding him of a bakery early in the morning right when they pull out the breakfast pastries, a girl passing him on the street with a sugary perfume, and especially Knox.

Knox.

Anthony's eyes flew open, snapping straight out of bed. He stumbled around the side and his body went ice cold. A vampire. Anthony's throat filled with bile as he saw the uncanny form of one of those mutants, shrouded in darkness and appearing half huge, half too small and so crooked, it looked sharp like naked trees in winter. Underneath this thing, Anthony saw just a sliver of Knox's body.

And finally, Anthony could smell it.

Knox's sweet blood. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.5K 56
"You were set to marry my father's heir. My oldest brother," She picks up a cup, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, he has died. As second oldest, it...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
9K 157 12
TRIGGER WARNING THIS IS A VERY VERY DARK ROMANCE HONESTLY BARLEY EVEN ROMANCE _____________________________________ Hunter grabbed my ankle and bit i...