seven souls seven sins

By avstroscomet

not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia b... More

characters & aesthetics
house aesthetics
chapter 1: finished history
chapter 2: my life the old life
chapter 3: new changes
chapter 4: tears and tension
chapter 5: broken bones
chapter 6: morning person
chapter 7: breakfast is served
chapter 8: household rules
chapter 9: slow start
chapter 10: reunited again
chapter 11: chit chat
chapter 12: waterfalls and waterworks
chapter 13: life of guilt
chapter 14: little sister
chapter 15: bags in hand
chapter 16: long week
chapter 17: eat up buttercup
chapter 18: better again
chapter 19: icecream parlour
chapter 21: spy in disguise
chapter 22: surprises oh surprises
chapter 23: former fun
chapter 24: family feud
chapter 25: unexpected amends
chapter 26: back to school
chapter 27: the new girl
chapter 28: mr. mysterious
playlist
chapter 29: there for you
chapter 30: caught red handed
chapter 31: blood bound
chapter 32: double trouble
chapter 33: time is ticking
chapter 34: sick day
chapter 35: take it easy
chapter 36: deal breaker
chapter 37: passenger princess
chapter 38: no way jose
chapter 39: long gone
chapter 40: not today nat
chapter 41: high five friday
chapter 42: fist to face
chapter 43: outburst starburst

chapter 20: happy hour

632 10 6
By avstroscomet

Vincent's pov:

All I wanted to do was be embraced like this forever, but as we know, all good things must come to an end.

I wanted to hug Nat much longer than I had originally intended, but I knew that my main priority at this point was her safety and that wasn't going to be accomplished with us standing here for what already feels like forever. To my dismay, I unfortunately broke up our thoughtful embrace and stepped to her side. I willingly stood to the edge of the path whilst keeping Nat more towards the inside of it.

Trust me when I say that, I know about the sidewalk rule.

I always had manners hammered into me ever since I could remember. Needless to say, I was brought up to be quite the gentleman. Not to push my own buttons of course. We continue to walk for another few minutes but atleast this time Nat and I sparked a small conversation on our way there.

All of a sudden, Nat questions me "So I heard you used to call me princess when we were younger?" She pauses for a second before starting again "What is up with that?" She even arches one of her eyebrows. I knew she was curious of the unassigned nickname but even a little part of me truly hoped that she had remembered.

In some ways it broke my heart to watch how I knew my sister but she barely knew me at all.

She didn't even have a recollection of our childhood memories together. I wanted to remind her of every little incident that we had encountered together, all the numerous adventures we would take, all the times we would eat ice cream, but to her, they were nothing but a blur. If I'm being honest, it hurt. It hurt like shit. But I knew deep down that after a while she would warm up to us and we could be a happy family again.

Like we all once were..

I shove my depressing memories to the backend of my mind and all I wanted to do was spend the rest of my time with my princess. I wanted to make it up to her since we haven't really had a proper chance to hangout together without me telling her off for something. I wanted us to share the same brother-sister bind like what we had before.

I'm 99% sure that I would achieve that dream in a matter of mere weeks, or even months with the right mindset.

"Uh yea, you used to force me to play with your many Barbie dolls with you, and you always managed to give me the princess one." I chuckle as the scene replays in my mind. Oh boy, I missed those times so much. Everything was so much peaceful and less stressful.I was truly living the life back then. Nat raises her eyebrow further than before.

"Really? I don't remember having that many Barbie dolls." Nat scrunches her tan face.

My eyebrows furrow deeper than earlier at her recent recollection of her past memories. "You loved them. I even remember you made me count all of them. 183 to be exact." I smile whilst I recall the joyful moment. "You remembered?" she asks me with an intriguing face. "How could I possibly forget?" I counter back. Nat let's out a small chuckle before she nods her head and continues to walk forwards, me joining by her side. We walked and walked until we came across the nearby pier.

Brazil at it's finest.

We were in Rio de Janeiro. One of the finest cities in all of Brazil. It had gorgeous landscapes and the beauty was unmatched to the rest of the world's. Some people could say that I was being biased, but until you see it for yourself, you'll know what I mean. We began to walk along the never ending pier that hovered over aqua coloured water.

My eyes wander from the deep blues of the sea to Nat's vibrant eyes. I didn't hesitate to voice out my opinions. "Your eyes." I mindlessly uttered. Even I was shocked that I said what I just said. Nat turns to face me and asks "Huh?" with confusion laced all over her face. I replied clearing up her question "Uh I meant that your eyes... they resemble the same colour as the ocean."

She nods and continues walking. She stopped to check her phone and she smiled and continued to walk alongside me. I watch her as she walks through the pier, her admiring the surroundings in grave detail. In that time, I had realised something. I didn't want to be cold and distant to my sister, not at all.

I want to open up to her.

I want to let her see my imperfections and my flaws. Being the eldest, I had to inherit my father's company and ALL the stress that came with it. Somedays I would withhold sleepless nights as I would be too caught up with work. Sometimes the stress got to me so much that I had to step outside for mere moments, but shortly after I got right back to the endless repetitive cycle.

I didn't want Nat to see this side of me though.

I didn't want her to see how stress could easily consume me entirely. I couldn't. But in the other hand, I wanted to show her everything. Everyone says that 'We are human, we all make mistakes.' Nope. Not in Vincent Morales's world atleast. I couldn't dare to make a mistake. Not in front of my employees, and certainly not in front of my brothers. I was taught to be a role model for them. I was taught to lead by example and I didn't want to dishearten my brothers by witnessing my vulnerable side.

But when I was with Nat, I could break down that barrier for her.

She made me reveal the very best within me. She did that to everyone. She had a mind of an optimist but always managed to seek the truth. She knows about the harsh reality but chooses to look away from it, and that is what I admire most about her. I could be myself around her. I haven't been myself for a while.

But now since she's back, that was all about to change.

We walk along the pier in silence. Whilst Nat enjoys the scenery I enjoy viewing her. As I watch her, I can see her emotions shift from 'in awe' to 'cautious' all in a split second. She looks around the harbour searching for something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Why was her guard up? Did she feel uncomfortable? Was I making her feel uncomfortable? What on earth was going on?

I didn't want to seem that I was invading her emotional privacy but I was desperate to know what was bothering my princess. I muster up the courage to ask her. "Nat is something wrong?" She diverts her puzzled gaze to meet my eyes and is initially startled by my sudden query. She gulps while saying "Uhm no? Why do you ask?"

Hmm. Something is fishy.

And by that I don't mean the water, I mean her recent, strange behaviour. "You just look a bit agitated is all." I defend my instincts back solemnly and subtly. I didn't want her to feel uneasy around me. I wanted her to open up to me as soon as possible, but a part of me also knew to give her time and space which was also needed.

She looks at me like a deer in the headlights. I could tell that she was flustered by my response. I could tell that she was trying to camouflage any faces, feelings or any emotions that she had, but unfortunately for her, that wasn't going to work with me. I'm freaking Vincent Morales for fucks sake. I could pin point a lie in anyone.

And I mean, anyone.

There was no point of her lying to me, I was going to find out the truth one way or another. She was just about to respond to my question and had already opened her mouth to say something, when all of a sudden her sight diverts to behind my shoulder. I was confused at first when she plastered the biggest smile I had seen on her face, but when she ran behind me and I turned around, I saw her running and jumping to hug her faux brother.

You guessed it, fucking Flynn Rider.

His real name wasn't really Flynn Rider but referring him to a Disney character didn't hurt anyone. I wanted to punch that big fucking grin on his face so badly. Only I should be able to do that with her, not him. She was my sister, not his. That was supposed to be my hug, not his.

This man kept on taking things that weren't his. I needed to do something about that.

A small wave of dominance had just override the constant flow of jealousy that was just pulsing through my veins mere moments ago. I had just thought up of a perfect plan to teach this small boy where his status stood compared to me. Vincent fucking Morales. He doesn't deserve to take what's rightfully mine and get away with it. Nobody and I mean NOBODY, decides to fuck with me and doesn't receive payback.

And oh boy, karma was a bitch.

I storm up to the dreadful scene that had just played out in front of me. By the time I had reached Nat and Flynn, they had already broken up from their hug and had begun a what looks like meaningful conversation. Nat looked extremely interested in what he had to say and even laughed at a joke that he had supposedly told. I wish she did that with me, not him.

He was going to get it.

"Flynn! What a surprise." I announce sarcastically. I usually don't use sarcasm unless it was to psych out my enemies, and right now, Flynn was my enemy. He removed his gaze from Nat and moved it onto me. He gives me a disgusted look, he even looked annoyed. Did he forget that I was Nat's real brother, not him?

He needed to be taught a lesson.

Number 1, don't disrespect your elders, especially those of your so-called sister. He needs to be held accountable for his actions, effective immediately. He scoffs before saying "What do you want now?" Nat gives me a 'Don't say anything rude' look even though that look should be directed at Flynn and not me.

Why should she be mad at me? I was only trying to defend her from that imbecile.

"What do you want now?" Flynn repeats again. His irritating voice snaps me out of my daze to which I respond with "I would be extremely grateful if you'd take time out of your day to have a little chat with me for one moment." One side of my mouth nudged upwards. Nat signals to me yet another 'Don't do anything stupid' look whilst I pull Flynn off the pier.

Time to finally put this asshole in his place.

I felt bad leaving Nat at the pier alone and deep down I know that I should be with her 24/7 whilst outside and in public, but when I saw her with Flynn, the green monster came out of me. I couldn't handle the jealousy anymore so I decided to handle the situation in the best way I know.. FEAR. It was interrogation time.

I could even feel my blood pulsing throughout my cold veins.

Who knew that a cold blooded snake could withstand such intense conditions. I knew from my intimidating gaze to my harsh words, that Flynn would soon be a poor boy wishing that he hadn't spoke to Nat ever before. I'm going to show this fella what happens when he steals my family from me.

Trust me, it isn't pretty.

As we walk to solid ground I immediately latch onto his green collard shirt. He attempts to fight back but is quickly put into his place. Out of the bloom, he starts to laugh. What a maniac. Why should this creep be near my sister? The bastard even dares to open his mouth "Let's just get this over and done with so I can return back to my princess." He says whilst staring deep into my arctic blue eyes.

"She is not your sister." I correct him angrily.

"Oh me oh my! Did I touch a nerve there?" He says sarcastically. If he wasn't so close to Nat he would've already been 6 feet under by now. But recently he's been shortening the time. I aggressively tighten my grasp on his polo shirt and I announce "If you don't shut your mouth, I'll shut it for you. Cunt."

I was so fucking close to snapping at him but I held off purely for Nat's sake.

I let go of his shirt and he fixes himself whilst I stare into his bright green eyes. I wait until his eyes meet mine and I begin. "I didn't think I'd have to say this so early on but stay the fuck away from Nat and our family. I don't know why we need to keep reminding you, it's as if you don't understand english, it's kind of ironic since, well, you know, your from little ol' England. I have decided that you aren't a safe person for Nat to be with. Although I know that she is considered close to you, that is bound to change within the matter of weeks. Soon, she won't even remember you, as a so-called family member, or even a friend." I manage to whisper the last part directly into his cold ear.

All he does is let out a loud chuckle. He even slaps his knee with the amount of laughter that he is producing. What on earth was he doing. I was starting to think that he was definitely a maniac. A psychopath at best. What I just said wasn't a joke, it was too be taken seriously and to be followed accordingly.

From the looks that I had gathered from him, including his current reaction, I had to unfortunately expect him not to follow my threat.

After from what seems like his third chuckle, he opens his rude, wide mouth "I can assure you that your rules will NOT be followed." he pauses for a small breath and begins again "Biologically, Nat may be considered your sister, but when you consider Nat's heart, she is mine. So if I were you, I would consider doing your research before speaking above your words."

That fucker was going to die, even if Nat was here or not.

I raise my hand to punch him when all of a sudden we hear a female scream. It wasn't a scared or funny kind of scream, it was a scared and worried kind of scream. The noise came from the pier and my thoughts immediately go to one person. Whilst in sync, Flynn and I both turn our attention towards the rustic wooden pier.

The scene that was in front of me made me want to claw my eyes out with a dagger..

Author's pov:

Ahh! Thank you all so much for 120+ reads! You all manage to plaster a smile across my face. :)

I am SO SO sorry for my recent inactivity. As I have mentioned previously before, November is extremely busy for me but in two weeks you all will have MANY MORE chapters to be expected. All I can ask of you guys is to please bear with me during this month, and I can assure you JAW-DROPPING events that will take place in the world of Ms.Natasha.

I can't assure you all daily chapters, but I expect to post another 2-3 this month anyways.

I would like to thank you all again for all the support and the comments! :)

What did you think of Vincent this chapter? What do you think will happen next?

Word count: 2700

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 27.9K 54
14 years ago two year old Violet King was kidnapped from her family sending them spiralling as they search the world for her. Present day Violet "Si...
323K 9K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
424K 10.2K 36
The Giovanni's are the Italian Mafia. It is the most powerful mafia. For 8 generations the family have been trying to have a princess in the family b...
507K 13.3K 45
Morana, a thirteen year old assassin, a legend. She was born in France and raised by the French mafia. She gets sent to kill a Cortello brother, she...