The Second Chance (Forbidden...

By OrdinaryLucy

"Will I ever find out why you call me Rose? That's not my name." I asked him playfully. "You are my "Rose". B... More

Short Content
Autors Notes
Main Characters
Other Characters in the story
1.Change
2.The Impossible Quest
3.Ice
4.WRONG CHOICE
5.Champagne
6.Secrets
7.Weakness
8.Breathe
9.Mistake
10.Broken
11. Games
12. Jelaousy
13. Past
14. Wine and Salt
15.Focus
16.Anger and Fear
17.Haunting Dreams
18.Wrong Man
19.Breaking rules
20. Boundaries
21.Stuck
23.Birthday Wish
24.Shadow
25.Nightmare
26.Anger
27.Rose
28. Escape
29.Fire
30.Brother
31. Time
32.Safe heaven
33.Only Us

22. Closer

3 0 0
By OrdinaryLucy

Isabella's POV

"I can't believe that I got another chance to prove myself. The review they assigned me in a month could greatly affect my future."

As I packed my suitcase for the weekend, Chiara excitedly recounted the details of her invitation.

"C, you need to believe in yourself a little more. You are beautiful and capable and there will be more and more calls like this. I am very proud of you." I said and laughed.

"I really love you Bells. Without you, I wouldn't have had the confidence to make it this far." She said and meant it sincerely.

Chiara and I really have a sincere friendship, you can say that we are like the sisters we never had.

Such friendships are worth the most in the world.

"Me too, C. But, which swimsuit should I take?" I asked her and held up two pairs of bikinis. One red with stripes on the panties and one dark green with tiny christals.

"Red! You know how many times I've told you that you look like a goddess in it."

"Sometimes I worry about your sexuality C." I teased her and she bumped my shoulder.

"We both know that I have a crush on men. Tall, muscular." She began to describe.

"And their name is Henry?" I asked teasingly. She rolled her eyes.

"I knew you would tease me for him if I told you we text, but it's really nothing serious. If he wants something, you know I can't... at least not right away." She said quietly.

Chiara's life was not a fairytale. Her father had his aggressive side. The side that brought her numerous traumas, because of which she could rarely relax around men.

"I know, C. I just want you to know that I'll be happy if you are too."

She nodded her head and gave me a gentle smile.

"But, speaking of muscular men. What about the mysterious bodyguard?" She asked me with a mischievous smile.

Act natural Isabella.

"Nothing, what would it be?" I asked, pretending that the mention of his name didn't trigger an avalanche of emotions in me.

"Isabella, you'ur sight might be in trouble. That man doesn't take his eyes off you. I know it's his job, but I can read the look of desire when I see it."

She said and I got cold. As much as I'm used to there being no secrets between us, I had to keep this one to myself.

"I doubt. But if it is so, one can only hope. Instant dismissal and court are not worth for me." I said somewhat honestly.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a man like Hunter actually noticed me.

"Ah, the lady can hope. That romance would be really juicy." Chiara sighed and I laughed. If anyone lived for a good love story, it was her.

It's just that mine and Hunter's story is far from a love story.

The word "love" carries a lot of weight and as nice as it would be for our relationship to reach that level, I doubt that his feelings, if they are that strong, will ever reach that level.

I sighed and closed the suitcase full of clothes and lay down next to my best friend.

"You've been thinking a lot lately, Bells. Is everything okay?" She asked me with a questioning look.

I remembered something that has been bothering me for days. The mail I found was addressed to my mother. I still couldn't shake the feeling that something was happening. Something dangerous and wrong. And that it all has to do with a woman whom I was beginning to fear that I didn't know at all.

When I decided to explain the whole situation to Chiara and mentioned the slap that also happened between me and my mother, tears began to flow down my cheeks.

I also told her everything about Antonio and Hunter's help to get him as far away from me as possible.

The only thing I kept quiet about were the letters from Mario. I didn't want to rekindle the panic in me that didn't allow me to have normal dreams during the night.

When I told my best friend some of the things that happened to me in these few weeks, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and gave me a comforting hug.

"Oh my Bella. I can not believe it. I would never tell Giuliana could hit you. And all this related to Antonio honestly does not surprise me. That man radiated some negative energy and I can't believe you went on a date with him and didn't tell me!"

"I know C, I know. Honestly, everything has accumulated for me this weekend, and peace will come to me like an annual vacation."

I said and my thoughts turned to Hunter and the possibility of us being alone at least for a little while.

"And the email you found. It's too early to jump to conclusions, but have you told Mr. Hunter?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I didn't dare. I'm actually afraid to reveal the truth. If Giuliana has a hand in the wrong things, it would destroy my father. And there's too much on the plate for him right now anyway."

If my mother's collaboration with any wrong people is proven, my father will be devastated.

Their marriage, admittedly, has not been a fairy tale in recent years. All this because of my mother's mood, which was different every day. But in the depths of my soul I knew how much my father loved  her and the knowledge that she betrayed him in some way, all of us in fact, could destroy him to the end and stress is the last thing he needs.

"I know, but consider sharing it with your bodyguard anyway. Maybe he and Henry could help you. After all, I think you should thank him anyway for eliminating a criminal from your life."

"Chiara, that's his job if you've forgotten."

"It's one thing to accompany you to business meetings, and another is to eliminate possible threats that haven't even proven to be a danger yet. I'm telling you, Mr. Hunter cares about you. It's a matter of time when that truth will be revealed." She said decisively and stood up to fix her high tail.

After we had dinner together, Chiara returned home to prepare everything for Hunter's surprise.

Just as I was getting ready for bed, I received a text from my father informing me that he and my mother had extended their stay with my aunt for another four weeks. After I wished him goodnight and thanked him for the notification, I closed my eyes and as I drifted off to sleep, images of ice blue eyes appeared.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How much longer do we have to get to the cottage?" Hunter asked me after we had been driving for a good half hour.

After I woke up and went down to the kitchen to get coffee, Hunter had long ago put our things in the car and after I had breakfast, we were ready to go.

The peace we had in the car and the fact that we had an hour to get to Chiara's cottage filled me with happiness.

Hunter was very thoughtful since early morning, but that didn't stop him from giving me a warm look at every opportunity and touching my hand and knee and sending a thousand fiery tingles through my body.

"The navigation shows about twenty minutes. Bored with me already?" I asked him teasingly and he looked at me.

"Never." When he left another gentle kiss on my palm, I wanted to kiss him. But I didn't know how good the situation between us really was.

His pensive look told me that maybe something had changed.

When we pulled into the dock so Hunter could pick us up coffee and croissants at the gas station, I leaned against the car and looked at the perfect man in front of me.

Hunter's casual style when he's off duty was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

He was wearing a beige shirt that showed his tattoos and black shorts. My gaze rudely fell on his chest and the bulge in his pants that made me dizzy.

Maybe this weekend is not a smart idea for my half-melted brain.

When he came to me, he handed me coffee and the smell of menthol, which has become my favorite smell, entered my nostrils.

A light breeze lifted my thin white dress and Hunter's hand found itself on the edge of the dress, which he gently pulled down.

The touch of his fingers on my leg left a hot mark on my skin.

"Miss Isabella, you have no idea how hard it is for me to concentrate on driving while that little dress is going up on you." He said with a mischievous smile on his lips.

"That's the point, Mr. Hunter." I answered playfully and took a sip of coffee without breaking my gaze into his eyes.

"The goal is to act professionally in front of Henry and Miss Ricci. I doubt that plan will work if I appear in front of them with an erection." He came closer, looking at my lips.

The heat took over me again and I rose on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his. He accepted the kiss as if he had been waiting for it all along and when he put his arms around my waist and gently pressed his body against mine, I knew how hard this weekend was going to be.

Looking at the person I want so much without being able to touch him will finish me off.

When we broke the kiss he smiled against my lips.

"What is it?" I asked him gently.

"I still can't believe I can kiss you." He said and ran his thumb over my lower lip.

"Well, believe, sir. You  have ten minutes left of that freedom." I said and turned to sit in the car, but I felt his lips next to my ear when I turned around.

"Ten minutes is plenty of time for me if you've forgotten, miss."

When he said those words I felt the wetness that gathered between my legs and I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. Hunter obviously caught my reaction and laughed and gently smacked my ass and got into the driver's seat.

That man is not even aware of what he is doing to me.

After ten minutes we arrived at our destination. In front of us was a large house clad in Sicilian stone with two floors and a large spacious terrace overlooking the great Lake Como.

The property owned by Chiara was a gift from her grandmother for her eighteenth birthday. The huge yard covered with various flowers and lights that gave a real relaxing atmosphere at night was our favorite place during our study days.

The parties and garden parties held here brought back many memories of a carefree time.

Growing up can be really scary sometimes.

When Hunter took the things out of the car from the cottage, a cheerful Chiara ran out and greeted us both with a tight hug.

Hunter's expression at my best friend's sudden gesture drew a loud laugh out of me. Henry appeared behind her in a similar outfit as Hunter had.

The strange tension between Chiara and another mysterious man in the company was obvious.

"I hope you're not too tired from the trip because we have crazy activities all night long." Chiara was talking cheerfully and Hunter's face was getting more and more funny.

The fact that only I know how relaxed he really can be made me feel a thousand butterflies.

When we headed towards the entrance to the cottage, the nervousness grew slightly. After Herny opened the door, Hunter walked in first and his expression of shock at the sight that greeted him sent those same butterflies in me into a frenzy.

The entire lobby was decorated with black balloons floating above the wooden floor and a large "Happy Birthday" sign was in the center of the room.

"What the fuck." Were the only words that managed to come out of Hunter's mouth.

"I know it's your way of saying thank you Mr. Hunter." Chiara teased him and I laughed again.

According to everything I found out, Hunter had never had a surprise like this for his birthday, and this kind of reaction was to be expected.

His cheeks flushed slightly as he nervously touched the back of his neck with his hand. It is an understatement to say how indescribably sweet such a scene was.

"Happy birthday old friend. I can't believe you're twenty-nine years old." Henry playfully greeted him with a manly handshake.

"Henry, you're older than me if you've forgotten." Hunter replied.

"Shhh. My age is a secret Hunter. Behave politely in front of the ladies."

Seeing the good spirits of everyone in our little group, I had the feeling that this vacation was just what everyone needed.

After we got settled in our rooms, I couldn't help but feel the tension realizing that Hunter and I were only a few steps apart since his room was right across from mine.

Henry and Chiarina were at the other end of the cottage, and the possibility of being alone with Hunter was slowly gaining hope.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, and when I opened it, there was a man responsible for all the nervousness that has followed me for days.

"Chiara sent me to tell you dinner is ready." Hunter's smile was visible but some thoughtfulness was still present.

"I'm coming, I just wanted to unpack." I gave him a short smile and heard the door close behind me.

A wave of heat started to spread through my body again as Hunter's hands found their way around my waist and his lips on the back of my neck.

"Did you know about this surprise?" He asked me quietly and the hairs on my arms stood on end from the warmth of his breath.

It never ceases to shock me the way my body reacts to his every move.

"Chiara told me the whole plan the day we met at the restaurant." I answered and turned to face him with a warm gaze.

"Thank you." He said gently and sincerely.

"Don't thank me, the whole thing is organized by Henry and Chiara. I only served as a distraction." He laughed at my answer.

"They couldn't find a better one." He said and left a short kiss on my lips.

"Happy birthday Hunter." I replied quietly and brought our lips together again.

When we separated, he started to say something with a serious expression on his face, but Chiara's voice interrupted both of us and we quickly separated.

Sometimes I forget how carefully these moments between us need to happen.

"Mr. Hunter, I'm going to send you for Death from now on since it's obvious that she would never arrive." She shouted from downstairs and I laughed briefly and Hunter rolled his eyes.

When we both went down to the lobby, we headed towards the courtyard where Chiara was setting the cutlery on a large wooden table above which the lights were shining and giving a touch of romance.

Hunter headed towards Henry who was grilling and I joined Chiara who went back to the kitchen where we were preparing the salad.

While I was cutting a tomato in a large clay pot, I felt Chiara's gaze. When I looked up, she was looking at me with a mischievous smile.

"What is it?" I asked, looking back at the tomatoes.

"You can't tell me that something isn't going on between you Bella. It's obvious how deeply you look and follow each other." She stated and shocked me.

"Chiara. Carefully. Words like this could cause a lot of trouble for me and Mr. Hunter." I said seriously.

"Ah, I know! But I smell sexual tension and I can't help it." She said and just exhaled.

When I finished the salad, I realized that Chiara's eyes were also wandering. Specifically, it's focused on Henry who occasionally looks back while talking to Hunter.

Hunter with his back turned. That's the best way. It's just that the very sight of his strong back awakens a fire in me and makes me want to run my nails over it.

After we dined in a pleasant atmosphere accompanied by jokes and stories from Henry about the tasks he had so far, it was time for my present for Hunter.

Late last night, I mustered up the courage to head into the kitchen to bake Hunter a cake. My pastry skills were not as good as Chiara's, but luckily she gave me an easy recipe for a classic chocolate cake, and that's how my astonishment met its five minutes of fame.

When I placed the candles with the number twenty-nine on the cake in the kitchen, I slowly made my way towards Hunter, who was sitting with his back turned.

When I started to sing the famous birthday song, Hunter turned and looked at me in shock. Chiara joined in the song as Henry watched with happiness on his face. You could see how pleased he was that Hunter was completely relaxed in our company.

When I placed the cake in front of Hunter, he was visibly still in shock. The fact that he had never experienced something like this made me sad. I envisioned little Hunter without all the birthday cakes and celebrations, and I was glad I went along with Chiara and Henry's plan.

"Legend, you need to make a wish and blow out the candles." Henry teased him again.

"I know what to do moron." Hunter answered him and directed his gaze towards me.

Looking deeply into my eyes, he blew out the candles and when Chiara and Henry started clapping and headed into the house to get more coal for the fire, Hunter didn't break our eye contact.

The fire slowly ran down my spine to the area between my legs and I felt his birthday wish had something to do with me.

The rest of the evening passed in a continuation of the pleasant atmosphere, and at one point Hunter went to the beach.

I wanted to go after him, but that whole situation would only add fire to Chiara's suspicion that something was going on between us, so I fought with what I wanted and continued to have a conversation with Henry, who after a while went to sleep.

Chiara and I talked about everything for a while until she also went to the house to sleep. After I cleaned up the leftovers in the house, my gaze stopped at the window through which I could see Hunter's reflection in the pool.

Tingles began to spread through my body again, and when I made sure that neither Chiara nor Henry were planning to go downstairs, I turned off all the lights and put on my bathing suit and headed towards Hunter.

When I got close enough to see his perfect body illuminated only by the moonlight, the nervousness of everything that could happen slowly began to take over me. I directed a short glance towards the cottage in the distance, and when I made sure that nothing could be seen from there, I slowly approached Hunter.

When he turned around, he looked at me as I sat on the edge of the pool.

"Miss La Rossa, nice of you to join me." He said looking at the cottage behind us and he swam to the edge of the pool where I was sitting and rested his palms on my knees.

"Chiara and Henry have been asleep for a long time, I was lonely. I hope I'm not disturbing your peace Mr. Hunter." I replied as he spread my knees slightly with his chest and rested his palms on my legs.

The sight of his body between my legs was enough to make my private parts wet, and I knew how dangerous this closeness of our half-naked bodies was.

"My peace is only now present Miss." He said the words so gently that I almost melted.

When he made sure once again that all the lights in the cottage were off, his hands found their way onto my hips and before I knew it, he lowered me into the pool.

My shocked expression at the sudden contact with the water brought a smile to his lips.

"You could have warned me," I said, keeping myself afloat.

"But then it wouldn't be fun." He replied and I stuck my tongue out at him.

When he got closer to me, panic took over me again.

"Thank you." He said quietly.

"For what?" I asked as I looked at his perfect face under the moonlight.

"No one has made me a cake for years. I can't explain to you how much that gesture brightened my birthday, which I've despised for years."

The sincerity in his voice made me want to go back in time and make him a cake for every birthday.

"The last person who made it for me was my mother," he said and leaned on the edge of the pool.

I swam to him and decided to ask the question I was afraid to ask.

"She is the person you got that tattoo for, isn't she?" I asked carefully, afraid that he would run away again at my question about the red rose tattoo.

But this time he looked deep into my eyes and nodded his head.

That way of answering was more than enough for me.

There was silence between us, but I could feel that Hunter needed the silence right now. When he gently turned towards me and wrapped my legs around his waist, I knew that at that moment I would find out what had been bothering him all day.

"Isabella, for a long time I have had the need to open up about some things from my past. Not all of it, but at least a part of it." He said, avoiding looking into my eyes.

I gently lifted his face with my hands.

"Hey, I'm not forcing you to do anything," I told him honestly.

I knew deep down that Hunter had his secrets, secrets that I hoped he would share with me one day, but I didn't want to force him into anything.

"I know. But I have a need. After everything you've done for me so far, honesty is the least thing I owe you." He said and I nodded.

When he let out a sigh as if he had a ton of stones on his soul, he returned his gaze to me.

"In my past, I was forced to do horrible, unforgivable things. Things for which you would never want to look at me for. These things turned me into a cold person who doesn't let anyone get close to me. But you somehow managed it."

Warmth appeared around my heart.

"Even though I managed to build a better version of myself, the past will always find me. That's why I seem cold at times. But you, Rose, You managed to revive long-lost emotions in me in these few weeks. Emotions that I still don't know what they are, but I knew a few weeks ago that I was ready to share one of my secrets with you."

When he said those words, the nervousness took over me again.

"My real name is not Hunter, Isabella." He said carefully.

The air was slowly disappearing from my lungs.

"My real name, the name my mother gave me, is Lucas. Hunter is a name I chose as a business name, a name that reminds me of my past and doesn't let me do the things I used to do ever again."

Lucas.

Lucas.

Lucas.

Lucas. Hunter.

I knew that the shock caused by the information he shared with me was visible on my face. The fact that I had been calling him by a name that wasn't really his right all this time gave me a strange feeling.

"Isabella? Please say something."

 Hunter's.... Lucas' words snapped me out of the trance I was in as I looked at a person I didn't really know.

But that's not true. Not related to his name, I know the man in front of me.

I know his voice, his touch.

Although I agree that he should have told me such a secret a long time ago, I can't blame him. Our relationship started off strictly business, with Hunter being his business name.

I can't blame him for keeping his name from me when I kept secrets from him too.

As he looked scared into my face waiting for a reaction, fear was replaced by surprise when I gently placed my palms on his face.

"Lucas. I like it, it sounds much better."

I said quietly and he looked at me in surprise for a few moments, but after a while he laughed lightly. Saying his real name surprised me with the amount of ease with which it rolled off my lips.

"I want you to know how much it means to me that you admitted this to me. I know it took a lot of courage for you to open up to me. Thank you Lucas." I said sincerely.

"Isabella, you make me want to change even more. Work even harder to never meet Lucas from the past. I know you would never want me...." He started to speak, but I cut him off with my finger on my lips, just like he used to cut me off.

"Mr Lucas. I don't care about your past. I want you with your past, present and most of all with your future." I said decisively.

There is nothing I can find out that will change how I feel about this man. To a man who momentarily removed his barricades and showed his vulnerable side to a woman for the first time.

After a few seconds of looking into my eyes, he gently pulled me closer to him and finally connected his lips with mine.

Instead of the hot kiss I was used to, this one was gentle and showed some new sensitive side of the man who was getting under my skin more and more.

"So, Mr. Lucas. What did you wished for your birthday?" I asked when we parted.

My legs slowly began to slide in the water around his waist and when I rose to correct the position, I felt his tension and a wave of strong lust took over me.

Lucas must have felt my pulse quicken, and a mischievous smile appeared on his face. When he brought his lips close to my ear and said the following words, I knew that the tenderness had come to an end. And selfishly I was looking forward to it.

"I've wished for  what I want all day." He said softly and sent a million tingles down my spine for the hundredth time today.

"And that's it?" I asked, fighting the dirty desires inside me.

He laughed mischievously again and his fingers moved down from my waist to the end of the swimming panties on my hips.

Oh God.

"And that's taking off that tiny bikini you're walking around in and replacing that piece of material with my hands and lips."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 10.2K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
21.2K 709 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
198K 4.4K 48
Kai Parker, a 27 year old mafia king. He never had things the easy way. But in the end, he always gets what he wants. Rose, separated from her parent...
60.8K 1.4K 16
His hand wrapped in her hair, yanking her face up to him to look into his angry eyes. "Tell me where the fuck is he?" He growled, making her shudder...