Blood Thirsty

By MissBonnett

To save his family from financial ruin, Anthony Ventura, the least dependable of the Ventura brothers, agrees... More

Season List for Picky Eater
Ch. 1: Who's your Favorite?
Ch. 2: The Glue to this Family
Ch. 3: Don't Tell Dante
Ch. 4: It's complicated
Ch. 5: So, you are Insane
Ch. 6: I Need Blood
Ch. 7: I just Like Negotiating
Ch. 8: He Loves You
Ch. 9: Just Don't Kill Me
Ch. 10: Knox's ex-fiancΓ©
Ch. 11: He's a problem
Ch. 12: You're a little scary
Ch. 13: This is childish
Ch. 14: Just be yourself, Anthony
Ch. 15: You should be happy
Ch. 16: Hydrangeas
Ch. 17: I like you
Ch. 18: Close the door behind you!
Ch. 20: It won't blow up
Ch. 21: Watch out!
Ch. 22: Promise me
Ch. 23: For my next test
Ch. 24: Let me spoil you
Ch. 25: Anthony
Ch. 26: This man is mine
Ch. 27: You're early?
Ch. 28: I'm doing it for love
Ch. 29: I'll race you there
Ch. 30: Hi husband
Ch. 31: You're scaring me
Ch. 32: It's okay
Ch. 33: I'm a Feast
Ch. 34: Knox is doing well
Ch. 35: What about me?
Ch. 36: I don't want to fight
Ch. 37: Don't be a hero
Ch. 38: I have a bad idea
Ch. 39: because I said so
Ch. 40: You win

Ch. 19: You were made for me

643 34 17
By MissBonnett

Sitting on top of the car's hood, Anthony sniffed and looked up at the sky, doing everything to keep these tears at bay. He had never felt stupider. Maybe he believed Knox liked him, maybe Knox had a little crush, but obviously, Knox's childish feelings were too small to matter in the grand scheme of things.

Without a word, Milan walked around the car and joined him. He gently rested his hand on Anthony's back, awkwardly giving him a couple of pats like he's never comforted someone in his life.

Anthony wiped his face with his sleeve, taking another deep breath, and then looked at Milan. His brows pinched together as he asked, "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Do people need a reason to be nice?" Milan posed, leaning back on the car.

A horrible laugh flew out of Anthony's mouth. "Some people don't deserve kindness. I don't think I've done a single thing to deserve your sympathy."

"Not everything in this world is dictated by logic. People are driven often by fear, but usually by love. That reminds me of you. You're in this coven because of your love for your family. You're quite loving to Knox, which makes my job easier."

Standing up, Milan presented himself in front of Anthony with his hand over his heart. "No matter what happens in the end, I can promise you that you have my loyalty, Anthony Ventura. Knox sired me and I would put myself on the line for him, but for you, I'd live. I'd live to stay right behind you and serve."

The tears welled up again. Sometimes it was enough just to hear someone say they genuinely liked Anthony, reminding him of all the reasons he should like himself. Anthony let out a shaky breath. "Thank you."

A brief smile came and went from Milan's face. He dropped his arms, bowing slightly before taking a position between the house and the car. Anthony waited outside, holding himself back from tearing the cottage apart stone by stone and bashing that dragon in the head with it. He wasted time petting the stray black cat, using the car AC to make his face less puffy, and he couldn't stop taking his watch off and putting it back on.

An hour later, Anthony was done with waiting. "Milan," he said as he stormed past the bodyguard. "Start the car. You and I are leaving."

"Yes, sir." Milan bowed slightly and left for the car. Anthony stormed to the front door, finding resistance in the lock. The audacity almost made Anthony choke. His jaw unhinged, and it was the spark of anger that set Anthony on fire. He stormed around the cottage until he heard laughter. Anthony's eyes and mouth widened, all his thoughts being replaced with the loudest alarm going off. That fucking asshole.

Good thing Anthony told Milan to start the car.

Because he would absolutely drive it into the cottage himself.

Anthony hurried back to the car, slamming the door behind him. "We're going to the hotel," he said, and Milan didn't ask questions. He didn't have to when Anthony's face said it all. Too angry to cry, Anthony ripped off his watch and threw it on the ground. He took out his phone but froze.

There was no one he could call.

His family couldn't know there was a problem. Phoebe might gossip to her girlfriend, who might tell anyone. Anthony couldn't be further away from home. He couldn't have fewer people supporting him. Anthony dropped his face into his hands and let everything go. All his fears, anger, and pain trickle into his palms in the form of fat tears. He should've known better.

***

The door to the hotel room opened and the moment Anthony saw a sliver of that blonde hair, Anthony grabbed the nearest object—a table lamp and chucked it right at Knox's face. Knox dodged and the lamp smashed against the wall in the hallway. Knox's entire face slacked, his skin going sheet white.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Knox bellowed, quickly closing the door behind him and Anthony used that as an opportunity to rip the hotel phone out of the wall and hurtle it at Knox. It crashed into the back of his head, making Knox also hit his face into the door. Holding his head, Knox whirled around. "Anthony, what—?!"

"This is going to be our last fight and then, I don't want to hear about it ever again!" Anthony shouted at him, grabbing armfuls of pillows to chuck at his fiancé. "You are a liar and a fake and an asshole!"

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Knox put his arms up, letting half of the pillows hit him as he approached. Anthony kicked up the sofa, hoping it toppled on Knox, but Knox caught it and let it fall to his side. He huffed. "You need to explain what's going on because I'm ready to have a fight with you too."

Anthony's glare twisted into a sharp scowl, and he grabbed another lamp. In a blur, Knox closed the space between them and snatched Anthony's arm before he could throw it. Anthony just let it go and smashed it on the floor. Knox sighed, glancing down at it, and his breath hitched at the sight of Anthony's bare feet.

"You—" He gritted his teeth and threw Anthony onto his shoulder while he swept Anthony off the floor. Anthony kicked the air, trying to get out. "Stop, stop," Knox demanded and sat Anthony on top of the hotel's dining table. "Sit there. Wait."

Anthony made a move to slide off and Knox was there in a flash to grab his arms and pop him back up. "Stay. You can yell at me from there."

Still glaring at him, Anthony stayed on the table, wishing there was more to throw from here. He shook his head. "I don't know why you're so calm. Is it because you think you got away with it? Well! You didn't! I heard you and Varden giggling from the bedroom. I hope you had a lot of fun getting that scale because you and I are never having fun again, you pig!"

Anthony only saw Knox's head shake, his back facing him. This only fueled the fire. Anthony's relief was better than picking a scab, so he couldn't stop going. Anthony wanted to draw blood. "Now at least I know you were full of shit saying you liked me! I don't know if it was some trick to make me complacent or weak for you, but you can forget it!"

Knox turned around, and Anthony had to steady himself. Knox's eyes and face hung heavy, the misery pouring out of him. His shoulders dragged down as he got onto the floor and swept up the glass. Knox said, "Varden and I didn't have sex. That isn't the way I operate."

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Okay, sure."

"I gave him an ungodly amount of money for one scale because I needed a favor from him." Knox stood and walked back to the kitchen to throw away the debris. "I asked him to waste an hour of his time, so I might make you jealous."

Jaw dropped, Anthony was suddenly thankful for the table or he would've fallen over. He held his breath as Knox strolled back into the room with hands in his pockets and his head low. "I'm sorry I tricked you, but I had to know how you really feel. You stopped talking to me after New York. I don't like these games. Tell me how you feel about me."

"Fine. You're a jerk, but no—" Anthony shook his head "—I still don't believe you. There's no way your feelings for me are strong enough to risk it all. We can't start dating or mixing business with pleasure. We have to just stay partners."

"And that's how you feel?" Knox met Anthony's eyes again with so much hope, it made Anthony's stomach tangle into knots.

Anthony looked down. "If we stay partners, I can't be disappointed when you...." He closed his eyes and took a breath, all his adrenaline getting burnt out and leaving him with nothing left. "We should just keep things professional."

"Okay," Knox said.

One little word had the power to shatter Anthony. He closed his eyes, keeping the tears at bay.

Knox took another step closer. "Okay, but I'm not going to let you dictate how I feel about you. Before I walk away from this and we start over as I'm hoping at least friends, you need to acknowledge that I do like you. I do have feelings for you. I just don't know how I can make you believe me."

"But you left me in New York," Anthony argued, back to glaring at Knox. It was so frustrating. He had been caught. Knox didn't have to pretend anymore. He laid down all the facts. "If you were with Flynn, you would've stayed in New York with him or you would've taken him home with you."

"Well..." Knox crossed his arms, a question mark forming on his face. "Yeah, but that's because I wouldn't trust Flynn to clean up the mess."

"What?"

"I was confident in leaving you to handle the final details. I trust you as much as I'd trust myself to get the job done."

"But!" Anthony jumped off the table, arms outstretched in desperation to be heard. Knox was the crazy one. Not him. "But when Flynn attacked me at the party, you stayed by his side."

"Again, because he's weaker than you. I had to figure out how to keep him quiet, so he didn't go around town bad-mouthing you. I told you I'd find you in the ballroom and I did."

"And that's why you like me?"

"I told you." Knox smiled, mixed with sadness, but with the smallest warmth poking out like candlelight in winter. He dropped his arms, leaving himself bare for only Anthony to see. "You are my perfect match. Anthony, I think you were made for me," he said and couldn't say anymore. Such a grand statement weighed down the air. Anthony took a step forward, his hands itching to feel his skin again, to run his hand through his hair, and taste the words left over on those lips.

Quietly, Knox admitted, "I just want to give what we have a chance, instead of settling for the bare minimum. I want more, which I know is a lot to ask of you."

Anthony swallowed his tears and crossed his arms, trying to keep it all in. "I..." His voice cracked, and he huffed, blushing over this amount of intimacy. He didn't know how to navigate it, so he let go and let himself be swept away with Knox's current.

Slowly, Anthony's adrenaline was coming down and all his panic was melting down into relief. He told Knox, "I don't like being wrong."

With a lopsided smile, Knox nodded. "I know. Me too."

"Promise..." Anthony stepped forward again to Knox, who was waiting, who might have been waiting for a long time. "Promise me you'll be wrong next."

"I promise." Knox reached into his pocket and pulled out Anthony's watch.

Detangling his arms, Anthony allowed Knox to string the watch back onto his wrist. It gave Anthony time to look at him, to notice just how broad his shoulders were and the little mole hidden underneath his bangs. It hit Anthony so suddenly, like a strike of lightning. He knew it all along, but this close to Knox, it was so clear. Anthony liked this person so much.

Anthony whispered, "I don't think I was made for you. I think we were made with each other in mind." He touched Knox's face, grazing his thumb over his chin and the bottom of his lips. Knox turned into him, lowering his forehead to touch Anthony's. It was such a comfortable place to rest. Anthony told him, "I'm sorry. You like me and I like you too."

Anthony could feel Knox grin just before Knox closed the space between them, swooping in to kiss Anthony. Anthony ran his hand up Knox's neck, grabbing a handful of his hair. Knox grabbed Anthony's waist, sliding one hand up his back, and Anthony drew closer. This kiss was deeper than before. It was hungrier, needier than when Anthony's throat went dry, but it was more than a need. Other people relied on Anthony to fulfill their needs throughout his entire life. Being with Knox was what Anthony wanted.

Anthony pressed against Knox, leading him in a stumbling dance weathered by kissing and humming, Anthony didn't recognize from himself until Knox hit the bedroom door. Knox flailed to find the knob, and they fell inside, almost collapsing on the floor. Knox smiled between kissing and the butterflies in Anthony's stomach went absolutely wild. If Knox could just keep smiling forever, there was no way something bad would ever happen. This smile was all Anthony could ever want.

As they're in the way, Anthony and Knox threw their clothes all over the expensive hotel room that was so grand and overdressed, Anthony felt guilty for a split second that they'd only be touching this bed. His back hit the mattress with a bounce, and Anthony pushed on Knox's shoulders to switch positions. Anthony straddled Knox and Knox's body caught his attention like a fish on a hook as his eyes grazed the hills and valleys of Knox's collarbone, chest, and stomach. Anthony tried to think of someone as beautiful as him and couldn't.

Knox's large hands ran up Anthony's legs and Anthony almost purred like a cat. He'd never been so sensitive. Maybe it was his nerves accumulating to the sharpest point, but when Anthony rolled his hips, the cotton of their shorts touching, a thrilling sweetness scattered throughout his limbs. Anthony stopped wasting time, scattering Knox's body with appreciated kisses, paying special attention to his neck, a point of pain for them until now.

"We're not prepared," Knox said, his voice lowered in a husky warning, the ghost of his breath passing Anthony's skin. "We don't have condoms or lube and—"

Anthony leaned up with a smirk. "You didn't plan on this?"

Knox met him with a heated look and in a blur, he flipped Anthony onto his back, covered with Knox's body. Anthony fidgeted, the humor leaving his body and replaced with nervous but excited anticipation. Knox ensnared Anthony with his hands on either side of his head. He said, "No. I would've been satisfied if I could get you to just talk to me again."

"Not me."

"Not me." Anthony shook his head and drew Knox back to his mouth. They talked enough. Anthony kissed Knox. Forcing him to forget reason, the world outside, and their fight. "Do whatever you want to me," Anthony said. "I'm all yours."

That sparked a change in Knox and a serious look possessed Knox. He licked his lips, eyes drawing downward, and he even laughed a little like he couldn't believe this was happening. Slowly, Knox crawled down Anthony's body and toward the end of the bed. He grabbed Anthony's legs, yanking towards the end, and a helpless yelp jumped out Anthony. His breath caught as Knox pressed a kiss into his stomach, so slow as he savored Anthony's skin. Every kiss lingered, creating a patch of fizzing heat that almost made Anthony bite a hole in his lip.

Knox stripped off his final piece of clothing and cover. It was the end of hiding anything and he was laid bare for Knox. Knox looked at him in wonder, with a new smile. It was so soft, so small, that Anthony could've missed it. It was similar to the way someone might appreciate a captivating song or a beautiful piece of art.

Knox pushed Anthony's legs and brought Anthony to his mouth, sending Anthony tailing spinning. If there was a goal tonight, it was Knox's desire to make Anthony lose his mind. The sounds and words flying out of Anthony's mouth were new and sometimes inherent. Anthony could only frantically grab Knox's hair and squirm on the bed as this man gobbled him up. It was all slick and wet and the ecstasy pounding through Anthony's body was like slamming his foot into the gas pedal, revving him up faster and faster until Anthony was crashing into an orgasm that blissed him out into boneless submission.

Blinded by this white-hot feeling, Anthony just threw his hands out, searching for Knox as he brought him back into a kiss, gasping in between. Knox didn't let him rest, taking his cock into his large hand and pairing it with his own. Knox was so hard it was amazing he hadn't already burst. Knox mercilessly slid their cocks together inside his grip, slipping between Anthony's cum. It was all happening so fast, in wild flashes of sloppy kissing, biting, and gasping into Knox's sticky sweet skin. Anthony's back arched, pressing into Knox's body, but it still didn't seem close enough. Knox threw Anthony's leg over his arm, pushing Anthony into the mattress as his body rumbled. Desperately, Knox bit into Anthony's neck as he came undone, dancing electricity jumping from his skin to Anthony's and Anthony grabbed his face again, kissing him in molten hot gratitude.

They made out for what felt like hours, until Anthony's lips were numb, until his body pounded in exhaustion, and he could no longer breathe. Anthony rolled on top of Knox, clinging onto him so he couldn't move away from him or this moment. Anthony held on maybe too tight and Knox rubbed his back, feathering little kisses into his hair and forehead.

Eventually, Anthony passed out, and he'd never been so happy to have a dream. This way he could differentiate between one of the happy nights of his life and fantasy. Anthony heard what good things could happen for other people falling in love, but Anthony was happy that it might be finally happening to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
116K 5.6K 16
β˜…BOOK #2 in the DARK SERIESβ˜… (In the process of being edited) β˜…Featured in Official Newly Written Books profile; Werewolves of London | Werewolfβ˜… "Fl...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
71.3K 1.7K 51
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 During the day, she's Mae Kazimi, a quiet girl living in the richest part of New York. But during the night, she's Shadow, a well-known a...