Blood Thirsty

By MissBonnett

To save his family from financial ruin, Anthony Ventura, the least dependable of the Ventura brothers, agrees... More

Season List for Picky Eater
Ch. 1: Who's your Favorite?
Ch. 2: The Glue to this Family
Ch. 3: Don't Tell Dante
Ch. 4: It's complicated
Ch. 5: So, you are Insane
Ch. 6: I Need Blood
Ch. 7: I just Like Negotiating
Ch. 8: He Loves You
Ch. 9: Just Don't Kill Me
Ch. 10: Knox's ex-fiancé
Ch. 11: He's a problem
Ch. 12: You're a little scary
Ch. 13: This is childish
Ch. 15: You should be happy
Ch. 16: Hydrangeas
Ch. 17: I like you
Ch. 18: Close the door behind you!
Ch. 19: You were made for me
Ch. 20: It won't blow up
Ch. 21: Watch out!
Ch. 22: Promise me
Ch. 23: For my next test
Ch. 24: Let me spoil you
Ch. 25: Anthony
Ch. 26: This man is mine
Ch. 27: You're early?
Ch. 28: I'm doing it for love
Ch. 29: I'll race you there
Ch. 30: Hi husband
Ch. 31: You're scaring me
Ch. 32: It's okay
Ch. 33: I'm a Feast
Ch. 34: Knox is doing well
Ch. 35: What about me?
Ch. 36: I don't want to fight
Ch. 37: Don't be a hero
Ch. 38: I have a bad idea
Ch. 39: because I said so
Ch. 40: You win

Ch. 14: Just be yourself, Anthony

525 35 5
By MissBonnett

Grabbing a crystal glass off one of the waiters' trays, Anthony smiled and thanked everyone for their hard work. He glided through the crowd, enjoying the high-quality blood, the beautiful live music, and the excited guests going through their party favors. Instead of Knox and Anthony being the ones to receive the gifts, Anthony arranged gift bags to the guests and Anthony liked the look at the emptying table by the door. Dressed to the nines, people were getting their portraits taken in front of one of the many ice sculptures set up at the party.

It was last minute, but Anthony managed a descent winter wonderland theme with waiters all dressed in white, fake trees littered the walls of the room among the ice sculptures. Snowflakes hung from the ceiling, tinkling underneath the light of the large chandeliers. The best part of this ballroom, other than the checkered marble floor and the hand carved detailed in every corner, column, and trim were the floor to ceiling windows looking out into the city.

Anthony didn't recognize over half the people here, but he didn't have to know them. He just knew they weren't at Flynn's party down the hall.

Slipping past a few bodies, Anthony approached the true reason for this splendor, Phoebe Easton. He saw her from behind first, her waterfall of honey brown hair and strappy heels. Nobody passed this creature without giving her a second look. If she noticed, she never cared.

"It's such a shame," Phoebe said in the middle of conversation to a group of people. Her voice resembled a tired cat, stretching inside a sunray. Everything about her screamed she was talking to these people because wanted to and that she didn't do anything she didn't want to do. She practically purred. "I just can't believe he's throwing a party after, well you know..." she feigned a small gasp as she noticed a few confused looks. "You haven't heard?"

Her enraptured audience rumbled in shock and awe as she waited, leaving them to suffer with some anticipation. She took a whole sip of her drink, a beautiful crystal glass filled with the best tasting blood money could buy.

Quietly, but not really, Phoebe leaned in and said, "Flynn Kline was caught with a declined card. I'm not sure what's happening in the Kline house, but I think they might be hiding a few skeletons underneath those shopping bags."

"I did hear several waiters switched to this event because of problems paying them." Another guest added, glancing around just in case others were listening. It wasn't quite true. It was on the edge of being true. Flynn could pay them, but Phoebe could pay more and tip a little extra to support these rumors. The waiters seemed delighted to play along.

"Phoebe," Anthony spoke up and let the crowd disperse to spread the gossip like wildfire. "You work faster than the devil, you know that?"

"Thank you," Phoebe said and accepted a quick side hug. "For a beautiful party, you look absolutely miserable." Phoebe never pulled her punches. She faced him and the rest of her outfit was revealed, a little strappy black dress with a dangerous slit up her thigh. Her heels were higher than Anthony's will to live. Her honey brown hair was shiny, stuck straight, but waved on the side that touched her heart shaped face. She had glossy pursed lips and the sharpest cat eyes. Behind her ear, the smallest exception was a strip of pink hair.

She decked out in jewels with a clutch so tiny it must've only held her lipstick.

Anthony sighed, accepting her peace offering, a glass of blood from a passing tray. He took it with no plans to drink it. Anthony pre-gamed Knox's blood for a reason. Something about this mutation made everything else taste stale, or worse tasted rotten inside his stomach as if his body was rejecting it.

"I haven't even seen Knox. Are you two already fighting? Anthony, you have to get to the honeymoon phase before you leave it," Phoebe said, digging in and twisting the knife.

"It's fine. Thank you for your help," Anthony said.

"You're very welcome. One would say I'm the greatest friend someone could have."

"One would say," Anthony feigned ignorance and hummed in thought. "I wonder who."

"I mean, think about it, your friend keeps such an incredible secret and all they do is ask for favors without asking how you are and yet, I'll still help."

"You're a saint, I get it. How are you by the way?"

Phoebe smiled. "Blessed and highly favored."

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"Having her human moment, getting a drink and some finger food." Phoebe waved at an older woman by the bar. In her fifties, Helen waved back in the middle of talking a mile a minute to a waiter that was obviously trying to sneak away. She was a small thing with big eyes and bigger chunky red glasses. She wore a huge cheetah print coat with outrageous black hair, but Anthony could still see the matching pink stripe in her hair.

"What do you do when Helen's cross with you?" Anthony asked, but made clear, "Not that Knox and I are fighting."

"Of course not. The future kings of this coven are completely united..." she said without even looking at him. Now that she found Helen that was where her attention lived. "But in theory, if you were fighting with his royal highness, I'd need to know what the fight was about. Fights are usually about two things: there's been a miscommunication, or someone's made a bad decision and they're refusing to apologize for it, or maybe the apology sucks."

"I think it's more like out personalities clash," Anthony said.

"Is that so? Well, I don't know what the prince is like."

"He always has to get the last word in, acts like he knows everything, and wants everything done his way on his timeline."

"Hmm..." Phoebe hummed, knowingly and smiled on the way to another sip. "That does sound like someone I know." Her eyes hit him like two spotlights and Anthony had no choice but to roll his eyes.

"You're so funny."

"Let me ask you, what's the worst part about this fight?"

Anthony thought about it, letting the day sink in and as his stomach twisted, Anthony knew. He admitted, "That Knox thinks I'm a bad person. I've made life a bit harder for his loved ones and I didn't think about how it would affect him... he's probably hurt."

"Then, I'm right. You're refusing to apologize."

Anthony slumped. He hated apologizing. No one in his family had ever been a good example for apologizing and he usually seemed to make things worse. This big stupid mouth of his really did need a weapon's license.

"Thanks for the advice," Anthony said, wanting to leave this conversation with a bit of dignity and privacy left to his name. "What do you want in exchange for your efforts?" Anthony asked, holding out his arm for her to take. They did a turn around the room, where they spoke in all smiles. From the corner of Anthony's eye, he tried to find Knox in the crowd.

"Just remember when you're my man of honor that I've been an amazing maid of honor," she stated, taking a sip of her drink, a bit of blood clung to her lips that she quickly licked off.

"You're getting married?" Anthony did a double take from her to Knox, who was stationed at one of the tall standing tables by the window. He seemed to be talking to an older crowd, a more professional conversation. Very him.

"Eventually. Sooner than later. Helen wants to make sure I get the estate."

"You're both so romantic."

"Romance is for the financially stable." She nudged him. "Or the ones who are betrothed to future kings."

Glancing back, Anthony stopped in place and made Phoebe stumble. She caught herself with his arm and stood up, quickly fixing her hair. Knox had disappeared. Anthony searched through the crowd, hunting for that tall blonde and coming up empty. With a grimace, Anthony leaned up to his tip toes.

"Anthony," Phoebe spoke up, her eyes on him.

"What?"

"Allow me to give you a very simple piece of advice..." Phoebe slipped out of his arm. "Knox can't fall in love with you, if you don't let him know who you are."

Frowning, Anthony stopped and looked back at her. "I don't need him to fall in love with me."

She smiled. "Sure. Of course. Just be yourself, Anthony." She gave his arm a little squeeze of encouragement. "The people close to you know your hidden charms."

"That doesn't sound like a compliment."

Phoebe just smiled and pecked Anthony's cheek. He wiped off the thick gloss and watched her part the crowd as she returned to her girlfriend. Almost everyone turned their head, but Phoebe went right to Helen, fixing her hair and giving her a kiss.

Sighing, Anthony maneuvered through the crowd, leaving his own party. Anthony thought about checking their hotel room first with nowhere else to look. He turned the corner for the elevators when something quickly grabbed Anthony's arm, pulling it up his back as that same person grabbed his hair and before Anthony could think, someone smashed his face into the wall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.1K 23
Limited Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 15+ chapters of this story and win 50 Coins (1500 Winners) Whe...
19M 586K 56
"Never call a girl a bitch," I glared into his eyes as he opened them, piercing into me, the bright blue drink I had just poured over him still dripp...
9K 157 12
TRIGGER WARNING THIS IS A VERY VERY DARK ROMANCE HONESTLY BARLEY EVEN ROMANCE _____________________________________ Hunter grabbed my ankle and bit i...
8.9K 148 18
The most feared person in the city, Mason Venetti meets his sisters best friend Olive Jones. The two face unyielding times from the moment they meet...