Hunters Don't Cry

By EliBlakeWrites

'Hunters Don't Cry' Throughout my life, I've heard this hard-bitten expression. It was like a taunt, as if im... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - One Sided Love
Chapter 2 - The Effect
Chapter 3 - The Special Treatment
Chapter 4 - Private Play Session
Chapter 5 - A Hunter's Calling
Chapter 6 - Aroused
Chapter 7 - Taking Responsibility
Chapter 8 - The Cold Exterior
Chapter 9 - The Response to the Confession
Chapter 10 - The Heartbreak
Chapter 11 - Trivial
Chapter 12 - The Connections
Chapter 13 - Can't
Chapter 14 - A Commission
Chapter 15 - A Burden
Chapter 16 - Best Interests at Heart
Chapter 17 - Mr. Cross
Chapter 18 - The Downward Spiral
Chapter 19 - Logan's Discharge
Chapter 20 - A Bisexual Hunter
Chapter 21 - The Illicit Pleasure
Chapter 22 - The Hunting Partners
Chapter 23 - Hidden Sexualities
Chapter 24 - The Discussion
Chapter 25 - Away From Judging Eyes
Chapter 27 - The Compensation
Chapter 28 - The Fading Scars
Chapter 29 - A Delivery
Chapter 30 - Undesired Touches
Chapter 31 - The Sexual Frustration
Chapter 32 - Already Spoken For
Collen and Logan
Chapter 33 - The Substitute
Chapter 34 - A Jealous Hunter
Chapter 35 - The Pool Party
Chapter 36 - The Secret
Chapter 37 - The Promise
Update
Chapter 38 - Twenty Minutes Tops
Chapter 39 - The Confession
Chapter 40 - The Funds
Talk with the Cast - 1
Chapter 41 - The Cottage
Chapter 42 - Shackles (Part 1)
Chapter 42 - Shackles (Part 2)
Chapter 43 - The Fear
Chapter 44 - The Pureblood
Chapter 45 - The Treatment
Chapter 45 (Part 2)
Chapter 46 (Part 1)
Chapter 46 (Part 2)
Chapter 47 - Hide Me
Chapter 48 - Discipline
Chapter 49 - Logan's Birthday
Chapter 50 - Love You
Chapter 51 - A Dissolved Partnership
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - Logan's Funeral
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 26 - A Surprise

33 4 38
By EliBlakeWrites

The professional's tone continues to be gentle and encouraging, as he speaks to the hunter. "Relax now, Logan," he states, with a reassuring and understanding gesture. "Growing frustrated over this task won't aid in expediting the process." I find myself agreeing with his statement yet I stand quietly in the corner of the room, observing the silver-haired male struggle to write down simple words.

I feel slight tension in the air as Logan's hand trembles, his fingers barely maintaining their grip on the pen. His nerves still aren't entirely under his control and it seems like his patience is running thin. "Well, why don't we take a quick break?", the physiatrist suggests as the plastic pen body slips from the hunter's grasp and drops onto the ground.

"And what good would that do?", the hunter grumbles a remark, and I try to keep a neutral composure, though I can feel myself growing slightly concerned. "The only way to recover the previous state is a large amount of exercise!"

"But overstraining yourself will just tire your muscles and nerves, not improve their condition.", the male points out and Logan scoffs in response as he once again picks up the pen from the ground, before resuming his writing task.

"Haven't I been given enough breaks? We only meet on alternate days!", he snaps. His tone indicates a growing frustration with the lack of results and a feeling of desperation that's beginning to consume him. "I've been attending these for over a month and a half! And yet I can't even properly hold a pen! I have commissions to take! Don't you understand that my score has become stagnant??"

At his outburst, I quickly step forth, coming into his line of sight. With a soothing and concerned tone, I offer, "I can complete some commissions for us, Logan. I have offered time after time."

"I'm not risking it!", his eyes dart to me and I clench my jaws at the intensity impossible to ignore in those leaden-blue orbs. "Partners are meant to have each other's backs. What if you slip up, and I'm not there to save you?!" Sighing, I lower my head in defeat.

"If it makes you feel any better—", the other male interjects, "—compared to all the cases I've seen and attended, your recovery rate is the pinnacle thus far. I'm confident you'll be handling weapons admirably soon."

Although that visibly fails to ensure Logan, rather than continuing to argue, the hunter just decides to give in, probably realizing that further arguing would be pointless.

The moment the doors of my car close, my partner drops his head on my shoulder, seeking emotional comfort. I gaze down at the hunter, noticing how deeply agitated he is by the recent events, and my fingers travel up to his face, caressing his cheek. The male emits a soft hum at the contact.

"Tired?", I ask as I press my face to his head. Logan hums again, this time as a response to my query. "Well, it's the weekend now. You can rest right up until your Monday session."

"I'm contemplating cutting upon these sessions and increasing the training slots.", he suddenly reveals and I knit my brows. Sensing my disapproval, the male lifts his head off my shoulder to meet my gaze, "Tell me, do you truly believe these are assisting me?"

My eyes instantly flicker to his right hand, which rests on his thigh. "It doesn't display constant tremors anymore.", I point out and watch as he curls his fingers into a fist, which in turn causes it to shake almost violently. The tremors within his hand increase in amplitude when he tightens it.

I quickly cover it with my hand and his digits unfurl to intertwine with mine. With my touch providing some comfort, the hunter explains, "If I have to practice—", his thumb strokes my skin, "—I'd rather do it with a gun than with a pen and paper."

"There are cameras in the training rooms. They observe us all the time.", I remind him, "They will definitely object if you experiment with a gun like that."

Logan exhales heavily, directing his gaze to our interlaced hands. "I miss our private training sessions.", he admits and my heart skips a beat at the mention of that time. Logan and I used to have a lot of physical contact during each session.

I can vividly remember Logan pressing himself against my back, to help make it easier for me to handle the crossbow. I also recall times when he used to perform a massage on my tensed shoulders and arms, in order to help soothe the discomfort. Those little intimate touches seem to have held some hidden meanings, as I now ponder on their significance.

Were there feelings of affection underlying those gestures?

The desire to uncover the truth urges me to voice out my query. "During the time you trained me—", I start, searching for his gaze. The male looks at me and I continue, "—when you would press against my back...or knead my muscles...or breathe almost on my neck, did those intimate caresses have something to do with your covert affection for me?"

The hunter's gaze shoots wide open for a moment, as he processes the question, before it narrows again and his brows knit. "Did it—Did I do those things?", his response carries a hint of shock, as if he never realized the significance of those actions. As he speaks, Logan seems deeply disturbed by the idea that he might have done such things with me. And perhaps, due to that realization, he quickly follows up his comment with a more resolute statement, "That is highly inappropriate..." With that, the male averts his gaze in shame.

"No, it wasn't.", I quickly reassure him as I remove my hand from his and place it on his inner thigh. While sensually caressing the spot in slow circles, caressing it, I admit with a soft smile, "I actually enjoyed it."

Logan looks down at my thumb stroking him and then meets my gaze. His own intense gaze becomes hooded before he slowly leans in. "It's still inappropriate... You hadn't confessed your feelings back then.", he speaks in a hushed tone, his eyes fixated on my lips.

"Or maybe they were quite innocent gestures that my love-sick mind exaggerated for its own guilty pleasure?", my words fan against his lips. "After all, every little touch of yours is perceived in an enhanced state by my body—"

He instantly claims my mouth, initiating a passionate dance of our tongues. My entire body quivers as I feel him rough fondle me. I groan in the kiss as I surrender myself to the hunter who loves to manhandle me. Logan almost yanks me over to his lap and I straddle him.

Our lips move in sync while I grind against his crotch shamelessly. Slowly but surely, we start to feel the pain caused by our erections trapped in our pants, which only increases our desire to reunite as one body. After a long moment of heated make-out session, we part with a thin strand of drool stretching between our lips. With a mutual understanding that we cannot continue like this, we reluctantly decide to take a break and resume these intimate activities after arriving at my place.

_____

"Hey", I tap the wooden surface of the desk, gaining the attention of the female staff seated behind it. She raises her gaze from her register and acknowledges my presence. In a calm yet determined manner, I state my request, "I desire to rent some of the training equipment."

"Sure, we have a range of weapons in stock. Just tell me the course and scheduling you booked, and they will be delivered to your allotted desks.", she explains as she flips through pages on her register.

"Oh, no, I don't want weapons for our course. I want to lease training dummies and targets for personal utilization. Take them home for at least a week.", I clarify the request before removing my hunter tag and offering it for scanning.

After Logan mentioned our private training session, I've been thinking of setting it all up once more in my backyard. I refrained from telling Logan that I was heading to the headquarters this morning, and now I'm determined to make the whole thing a pleasant surprise for him.

The lady, however, stares at me as if I grew three heads. "Rent for personal utilization?", she repeats, furrowing her brows, "Sir, there is no such service that we provide. One can't simply take home training dummies and targets."

I tilt my head in surprise, and quickly retract my hand that held the hunter tag, "What? But we've done it previously. We rented a swivel dummy and a round mark."

The lady couldn't look any more confused. "Sir, are you certain that you rented from the headquarters and not from some private institution?", she attempts to sort out the problem but in vain. Apparently, she doesn't even know how to approach the situation and simply wants to clarify where my request might have come from.

"No, I got them from here las--", I halt as trainer Yula walks over with her notebook stashed under her arm

Her eyes shift to me before addresses her subordinate in an authoritative voice, "What's going on here?"

"Ma'am, he wishes to rent training equipment for personal use..?", the latter relays, seeking her guidance on handling this issue.

Yula gives me a once-over and I notice a corner of her lips curl up upon seeing the hunter tag that's still on my palm, "Ah, don't worry. I'll handle it." the trainer gestures to me to follow, and I oblige. Watching Yula take control of the situation, the female staff only seems more confused as I'm led away. I soon find myself in a room with equipment stacked against the walls.

As I scan through the decent-sized space, the female turns to face me, crossing her arms. "So you're renting for Logan and yourself again?", she asks, earning back my attention. I quickly nod in confirmation and she narrows her eyes at me, "Did Logan fail to specify that you were expected to transmit such demands solely to me, and that, too, in private?"

Her statement causes my eyebrows to furrow. I didn't realize that this was an illegal transaction Logan committed. "He...did...", I mutter, unsure of how to process this revelation.

"That's unexpected of him.", Yula comments, tapping her toe in a display of annoyance. "I believed he was more careful with all this. Anyway, what will you be leasing, as well as for what duration?"

While the news of the illegal transaction has left me feeling hesitant, I also feel a pull to proceed with it. After all, my desire to spend more time with Logan away from everyone else is still strong enough that it overrides my caution. "The same we acquired last time.", I answer, my tone carrying a hint of resolve, "For a week."

The trainer hums, opening her notebook and going through her records. "I can only lend you for six days. You'll have to return these by Thursday.", she informs me, and I nod in acceptance of that offer, as it still provides me with ample time to spend with Logan. And regarding the method of payment, since this isn't a service that's officially provided, I don't think they'd accept something like an online transaction. I retrieve my wallet and hold it out towards Yula, waiting for her to give me instructions on how to pay for the rental.

"How much am I required to deposit?"

As Yula's eyes flicker towards the bills in my hands, a small smirk appears on her lips. She quickly notes something down in her notebook, and when she speaks, she simply says, "Don't bother. I'll settle it subsequently with Logan.", The revelation that I won't be paying for this rental leaves me uncertain about what to think. Does this imply that Logan will be compensating Yula?

"No, I can pay you.", I interject. This is supposed to be a surprise for him after all. I can't make him compensate for this as well.

"Sorry, sweetie.", Yula suddenly adopts a rather unprofessional tone, "But this is something I would prefer to settle simply with him." With that, she gestures to the training dummies placed in the corner. "Take one of those. The targets are on the shelves. Make sure to give me their manufacture code." As I move towards the training dummy, I can't help but feel uneasy about the whole deal.

Walking past the desk with the training equipment tucked under my arms, my mind quickly races to formulate a plan. After revealing the surprise to Logan, I can transfer the funds to his account. He can afterward pay the rent for us.

While I'm contemplating my actions, I suddenly hear a voice behind me. It's none other than the female staff, who sounds shocked and confused, as she calls out, "Ma'am..?"

Upon turning, I can see Yula talking to her subordinate, "It was just a small confusion. He was dispatched from one of the rookie training camps. I had received the call previously." She gives a reassuring nod to the female staff as if to shut her up and not to inquire about this incident anymore.

"Ah..."

____

Making my way towards the living room, I find Logan seated on the couch and scrolling on his phone. I quickly approach and bend down to his level, placing my hands on his knees, "Logan" The male moves the device out of his view to face me with a raised eyebrow.

"Look who is here seeking my attention after explicitly informing me to not bother him today in the morning when we woke up.", Logan scoffs, tossing his phone aside to cross his arms at me. "Are you done with whatever you've been up to?" I quickly nod in response, smiling like an idiot. "And what is it? I heard you hammering something in the backyard.", he asks.

"A surprise!", I answer, my excitement clear in my voice.

Logan's expression quickly shifts towards one of skepticism, "A surprise?"

I nod frantically, "Yes! For you!"

My brows furrow as I watch the shine in his leaden-blue orbs get replaced by a heavy emotion. Logan slowly reaches up and brushes my cheek with the back of his right hand, "Collen... You needn't do all that. You're already doing a lot. You're letting me live here, are cooking for me, and...and loving me."

A soft smile appears on my lips upon hearing his tender words and I catch his hand, kissing his fingers one by one. Nuzzling his palm, I reply, "This is included in me loving you."

"I don't deserve it.", his voice comes out low, carrying the raw pain of his soul to me. "I don't deserve yo—" I silence him by slamming my lips to his. Moving my hand from his thigh to his shoulder instead, I pin him against the backrest while climbing onto his lap.

"You deserve it all, Logan—", I speak against his mouth, "—and much more." His free hand holds my waist, his tongue swirling against mine. When we part to breathe, I notice a glistening of moisture in Logan's eyes. However, the hunter is quick to blink it away. I lower my forehead to rest against his, and our heavy breaths fan each other's faces. "Do you wish to see the surprise now?"

He silently nods and I smile, taking his hand as I get off his lap. With our fingers intertwined, I take him to the backdoor. I push it open, step out of his way, and say, "Surprise!", accompanied by something close to a playful smirk. With bated breath, I eagerly await the male's reaction to what I planned.

Logan's gaze falls on the setup I've done and I observe his facial expressions with enthusiasm. Yet, to my shock, his eyes slowly widen and pure horror shines in them. Color is quick to drain from his face. The male doesn't move for several beats, his breathing slow and shallow, as if he's struggling to accept what he's seeing.

"Logan?", I grab Logan's arm in concern, as I observe the hunter's extended stare at the setup. Although he slowly manages to tear his eyes away to look at me, it's still clear that he's in a state of extreme shock. I try to get him to explain his thoughts with a gentle shake of his arm. "What is it?"

The silver-haired male abruptly clasps my shoulder in a vice-like grip with a strength I hadn't anticipated, almost scaring me with his behavior as he shouts, "Where did you acquire these from?!"

"F-From the headquarters! Why?", I ask, slightly wincing as his fingers dig into my flesh. "What's wrong??"

"Did you receive these from Yula?!", the hunter's voice is laced with paranoia and it only elevates my concern for him.

"Yes, I did.", I answer in the calmest tone I can muster, "Just like you did."

My heart skips a beat as Logan's hand flies away from my shoulder as if he burned himself. His facial muscles slowly contort in a mixture of disgust, pain, and rage. Just when I start fearing that some of that might be directed at me, he cups my face ever so gently, stepping closer as he does so.

"Collen", his tone becomes soft as a feather and fragile as cracked glass. The way he says my name, along with the vulnerability he shows right now, makes my heart pound in my chest. "Did yo—", his words get choked in his throat but he tries again, "—Did you pay her for this?"

I see how Logan's eyes search mine for answers, and I'm taken aback by how emotionally affected he is by the turn of events. Taking things into my own hands, I reveal the truth to him, "No, I offered to pay her in cash but...she said she'll settle this solely with you..." As I finish, Logan's eyes shut tightly close. His jaws flex and he parts his lips to exhale heavily. "Is it—", I ask, attempting to piece things together, "—Is it due to this being an illegal transaction?"

His eyes snap open and meet mine. Slowly retrieving his hands from my face, Logan creates some space between us as he averts his head, "So you knew that it's illegal? Yet you brought these home?"

"I-I—", I bite my lower lip as guilt rises in my chest. "It was too late by the time I realized...", I lie, my tone carrying a hint of regret. "But... But I promise not to repeat it in the future."

Logan sighs, tilting his head upward and pinching the bridge of his nose, as if to clear his head of all the thoughts that must be going through his mind right now. For a few moments, the male remains silent, before he utters, "You better not... I don't want you getting involved in this mess."

"But you're involved in it.", I point out and the hunter glances at me.

"Not anymore. At least I wasn't until you got these.", he groans, gesturing at the setup, and I chew on my bottom lip once more. With another heavy sigh, the male shakes his head, "It doesn't matter... I'll settle it one final time and cease this all."

At his statement, I quickly pull out my phone, "Yeah... Let me transfer the money to you. This was supposed to be my surprise for you, thus it's only fair that I pay."

"Don't bother.", the hunter covers the screen with his hand, prompting me to look up at him. "Aren't you consistently low on funds anyway?" Although Logan has his usual poker face right now, I can still sense how his words are carrying a hint of concern, which only makes me feel even guiltier.

"I can afford this, I swear."

A weak scoff leaves his lips and they stretch into a small smile. "You know what?", the male steps closer again and snakes his arms around my waist,"How about you cook me some delicious shrimps again. That will be my compensation."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 51 14
When Eve accepts to go on the hunt with one of the most skilled hunters she knows, she wasn't expecting to get brought into a job which will end up c...
2K 246 25
> ....................... " I turned around and looked at him, His 'EYES' were hazel with green flecks, in where someone c...
616K 21.7K 30
"Wait, you're gay?" I asked in confusion, scratching the back of my head. "Well duh. How oblivious are you?" "Well, I guess I'm pretty dumb, but my...
2M 81.7K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...