Glass Hearts || Noah Sebastia...

De HolyFxckk

[[BOOK 2]] Noah thought he had seen the last of Veronica after she up and left without a trace while he was... Mai multe

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19. (Part 1)
20. (Part2)
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.

26

446 16 5
De HolyFxckk

Rising rockstar Noah Sebastian has reportedly been spotted stepping out of a Vegas chapel last weekend with a familiar face. The 27 year old Bad Omens singer has been tied to the mysterious lady over the last few years, and according to reports she is a lifelong friend that stole his heart a few years ago. We are the first ones to confirm that the young star did indeed tie the knot with childhood sweetheart Veronica Collins but only over a week ago, and sources confirm that the couple is settling in quite well. We are working with a close confidant of the duo to get more information, but as of now we have a few photos of the intimate nuptials to get you by.

  I read over the article what feels like a million times, swiping through the handful of photos they some how gotten a hold of. There's no denying that it's Noah and I, hand in hand as vodka fueled our inhibitions. These photos are from an angle where I can see everyone standing around us. Mel smiling behind me as she leans into Folio. Nicholas, Jolly and Davis standing proudly beside Noah as "Cher" recites the vow exchange. It's a beautiful  event, one I wish I could remember and cherish the way I so desperately want to. Seeing the look of pure ignorant love plastering Noah's face causes regret to wash over me, making it impossible to think about anything other than how much I utterly hate myself right now.

  With a sigh, I lock my phone. Tossing it across my bed as I throw myself back, my head hitting the pillows harshly. I gaze up at my ceiling, looking at the white paint has started to age away in some spots and turn a darker shade. My phone hasn't stopped buzzing since the article came out last night, and even now as it lays across from me I can hear as it vibrates against my comforter. The sound bouncing off the walls and echoing in my ear mockingly. I haven't so much as replied to anyone, including Robyn who has sent me a plethora of unsavory messages, expressing her very evident distaste for "being the last one to hear the news" as she put it many times. I can understand Eli's frustration with me, I've skimmed over all his caps lock texts expressing how he hates me for not telling him about my "sex god husband". I could even understand if Missy was irked if she has seen the news, but not Robyn. She hasn't known me for more than a week, and I can't even say she really knows me all that well. I'm no more than a name and that same two year old she left behind in her rear view mirror all of those years ago. She hasn't bothered to send more than two hello texts since I met with her, to which I replied to and was ignored.

  So yeah, no right to be irritated with me.

  There's a soft knock on my bedroom door, the sound pulling me away from my pity party and causing me to sit up on my elbows.

  "Come in" I call out, my words provoking the unannounced visitor to slowly push back the slightly ajar door.

  It, like everything else in this god forsaken place, let's out a small creak as it opens fully. It's old, and weathered, needing an update. On the other side, leaning against the small wooden frame is my beloved Eli. He's giving me a cheeky grin, arms crossed over his chest as our eyes meet. I let out a grunt, shutting my eyes before throwing myself back onto my pillows. I wasn't anticipating company, and surely not of the unfiltered gay best friend variety.

  "Oh, stop being dramatic" he sasses before making his way to sit beside me on my bed.

   Slowly, i peel back my lids to see as he looks down at me with a grin. I can't help but dolly my eyes, knowing exactly what is going through his head.

  "So. When were you gonna tell me that you and tall, tatted and famous got hitched?" He whines.

  "I was hoping no one would ever know" I admit as I roll onto my stomach and press my face in my pillow. I have to suppress a scream that itches to come out, but Eli will make fun of me for my dramatics.

  "What? Why? If I were you I would scream it from the rooftops" he lays down next to me, laughing ever so slightly at the end of the statement.

  "It's... complicated. And I was blackout drunk,
I don't even fucking remember" and when I look at him I see the realization that settles on his face at my words. He isn't always the most expressive man, his emotions starting and stopping at snippy comments and thunderous eye rolls. But when I see his eyebrows crinkle at my words, and his pouty mouth fall into a flatline I know he really understands - even if he doesn't know the full story.

  "Noah and I have known eachother since I was five. There's just always been a million odds against us, and it seems like they keeping stacking up at every turn we make" I add in, and he smiles.

"Yeah but if you keep coming back to each other then maybe you should take that as a sign to stop fighting it" he says.

  I find myself at a loss for words at his insight, and maybe he's right. Maybe I should let things happen the way the universe wants them to and a part of me wants to give in. The part of me that isn't hiding something from him that would change his perspective of me forever. But I don't speak on my thoughts, I just give him a tight lipped smile and nod.

  Instead of continuing our conversation any further we lay in bed and stay silent. Cherishing the peacefulness of my empty home, Mel is off on an early shift and Noah hasn't been back since he dropped me off last night. He was just as surprised to hear that the news had broken and his socials and phone were also flooded with more than he could handle. I've taken note over the years of how some fans can develop parasocial relationships with the guys, and as soon as they got word that he was a "spoken for" man it didn't take long for a flock of angry fangirls to start barking their negativity. Noah has never been one to let criticism get to him, but from the look on his face when he read over something on his phone screen, I could tell it was spiteful enough to strike a nerve. He said no more than a handful of words to me from the time the Ferris wheel lowered and I was getting dropped off outside of my condo.

  It was...

awkward

and lonely.

But I can understand him needing a moment to catch his breath and figure out how to handle the whole thing. We thought it would be as easy as getting an annulment and never speaking of it again, but now it feels as if the whole world knows and is looking at us like freaks on display at the circus.

He is the strong man, and I am the bearded lady.

  Eventually Eli and I decide to go to a small cafe that's only a couple blocks down the street from my place. He's already dressed for the judgement of society, in a pair of skin tight jean shorts and an ivory shirt to contrast his tan skin and platinum locks. But of course, I can't be bothered to do much with myself. So I settle on a large hoodie Noah had left here and a pair of spandex. It's simple but a still a slight step above the tattered sweat pants and crewneck I had been curled up in since last night.

  Grabbing my purse off my kitchen island, I sling it over my shoulder before throwing on a large pair of sunglasses and exiting with Eli. I live in a relatively quiet part of town, being only 20 minutes from the city I always wondered how it maintained its calm. Its not glamours by any means, there's a homeless community that sets up tent but just around the corner of the confides of my building. They keep the splintered and crumbled sidewalks lively, with their enthusiastic chattering and carefree spirit.

As I look around, I can't spot the familiar faces of my neighbors. It's quieter than usual, not but a few people scrolling past us as we walk. The sun is bright and high in the sky, but not beating down on us with hot rays like it has been for the last few months. Instead there's a calm in the atmosphere as the wind is blowing around us slightly to offer a breath of fresh air. The birds circle above us, chirping as they make their way towards their nests. 

  When we arrive to the shop, Eli opens the door for me. It tolls a bell that echos in the otherwise quiet business. The group of girls huddled behind the register all snap their heads in our direction. Turning my lips up to greet them I expect a smile in return, but I'm met with stagnant faces as they disassemble and go to their perspective stations.

  "God, it does not pay to be that moody this fucking early" Eli deadpans from beside me as we walk over to the petite redhead that waits to take our orders.

  I giggle, following his strides until we are standing against the counter.

  "Can I get a hot caramel latte, extra shot of expresso" Eli is quick to place his order before turning to me, signaling for me to give mine to the girl who is staring daggers at me.

  "Uh.. can I get the same things, but iced please?" I panic, not having time to look over the menu but figuring that Eli has good enough taste.

  She gives me what can only be described as a grimace before sucking on her teeth and typing the requests into her machine. A moment passes before her eyes are back on us.

  " $12.46" she says flatly.

I go to grab for my wallet but Eli withdrawals his phone and taps the card reader before I can fish it from my overstuffed tote.

  "You really don't have to" I insist as the receipt is printing out and the auburn haired girl is handing it to him.

  "Please. You've been through enough with those unflattering drunken photos circling the internet. The least I can do is get you a coffee" he jokes, but when I don't laugh his smile falls and he pulls me into his side for a small hug.

  "Lighten up, bitch. " he adds in as we step over to wait on our drinks.

  "I know. It's just stressful" I admit

  "I'm sure, but you can't let it get to you. It's out of your control for now, just go with it" I never knew he could be so insightful and in touch with his feelings, but his thoughtfulness and consideration proves to me that there's a lot more to Eli than he lets on. A lot more than he has allowed me to see.

"I hate when you're right" I roll my eyes, which makes him let out a loud throaty laugh.

  "Oh and by the way, when the hell where you gonna tell me your name is Veronica" and this time it is my turn to laugh.

  So much of my life before has started to bleed into this one that I forgot that there was a whole identity that I had been hiding from the people around me. Eli has known me as nothing but Blair the last two years, it's the name I had given myself when I first landed in Vegas.

  I open my mouth to speak, but I'm interrupted by one of the other girls working. She has long black hair that is pleated tightly on both sides of her head.

   "Two caramel lattes, extra expresso" and just like her corowrker she too speaks with a timbre that is the furthest thing from friendly.

  I step up to grab the drinks for us, approaching the counter as the two girls now stand next to one another and stare me down. Their eyes are narrows in on my as I get close enough to reach my arm out, but before my hands wrap around the cups it's drawn back from me. Surprised, I bring my eyes to the dark haired girl who is holding it in her clutches against her chest.

  "You are nothing but a gold digging whore. You're really here with some guy besides Noah, letting him buy you things" she grits her teeth as she sprays her anger at me.

  "Wh-what? No. He's my best friend" it sounds like an unbelievable generic excuse to someone who doesn't care to know the truth, but it's all I can say to defend myself. Not at all prepared to run into an insane fan girl who already has her mind made up about me.

  Before anything else is said between us I only feel the ice cold liquid full cup smashing across my chest as she hurls it at me. The contents spilling over my body, covering me in the sticky substance and falling to the ground. I gasp, looking down to see the green hoodie now darkened across my chest from being wet.

   "What the fuck. Are you literally insane? " Eli comes rushing to my side in a hurry, grabbing a fistful of napkins from the dispenser that sits on the counter. He attempts to clean up their mess, blotting at the stain as I stay silent.

"It's what you get" she monotones from across, arms folding over her chest as she wears a proud smile.

  "For what exactly?" Eli's patience is diminishing with each second that passes, the wad of napkins balled up in his angry fists.

"For whoring around on Noah with you" she says it as if it is the most justified and reasonable thing she has ever spoken on, arms still crossed as she leans her weight on one side.

  "I am literally gay. Like disgusted at the simple thought of woman -gay" this time when he speaks he is all but yelling, completely flabbergasted at their outlandish assumptions.

  "Don't worry about it, Eli. Let's just go" I finally speak, taking a deep breathe as I attempt to calm myself down.

  He doesn't protest, but instead just grabs his untouched hot coffee off the counter and follows me to the door.

  "You're lucky I can't afford an assault charge, bitch or I'd drag you all across this half assed mopped floor by your poorly dyed hair!" adds in right before we exit.

  He attempts to speak to me as we walk back towards the condo, but my emotions are running too rapid to say anything. I can barely hear anything over the sound of my heart that hammers in my chest, my vision foggy. I try to steady my breathing that begins to go staggered, but it continues to become increasingly more difficult to pull a full breath. I was expecting some kickback from his very devoted fans, but this was beyond my comprehension. I wasn't sure what I did by just existing to deserve this. Not even 24 hours after the news broke and there's already a swarm of angry girls waiting to attack at my first outing.

It's already exhausting, and by the time I reach my front door I am ready to just lay in bed and forget this day even happened. But when I push open the door I see Noah sitting on the sofa with Folio, their attention coming to me as i enter. They give me a small smile, however my eyes don't do anything but stay fixed on Noah. Without a thought my legs take charge and lead me over to where he sits, throwing my bag down on the ground as my pace picks up. With no warning I throw my arms around Noah's neck, plopping down on his lap.

  And I cry.

—-

  HEY LOVES!! How are we feeling? What do we think of the chapter?? I included a picture of what I picture Eli looking like. It seems fitting! Give me your feedback! Next update coming soon!!
-XXJ

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

280K 7.7K 40
Fay Hemmings has a secret no one can know. She is fragile. A crybaby, a softy, weak. After spending her whole life sheltered from the world, she goes...
Stole My Heart (Editing) De Aarti

Ficțiune adolescenți

388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...
1.9K 78 23
(Book 2 of Shattered series) VERY MATURE CONTENT 18+ TRIGGER WARNING!!. What happen's when you find out after a year of dating that the love of your...
3.1K 88 13
Fluff and smut, but with a fulfilling story. I encourage you to leave comments, if you're ok with doing that, so I know if this is something everyone...