Fractured • Choi Yeonjun

Od leeatiny

Sequel to Broken. Fractured~ split or broken and unable to function or exist. Some of us think we can fix ano... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Not an update!
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 48

253 22 8
Od leeatiny

Spot~

I wanted to turn and head right back out the building we had just entered, something was just so off feeling about the place.

"You feel it too?" Taehyun asked from my right side.

"Yeah, something isn't right." I replied in a low whisper, knowing they could hear me.

"There was a demon here, not to long ago." Yeonjun said out of nowhere from behind me, making the hair on my neck stand up as a shiver went down my spine. "No reason to be so tense, we're here with you."

I knew I had them both, but my past showed me, if there was trouble. It would come for me.

"My luck is not the best, we all know that."

Yeonjun let out a soft chuckle and stepped beside me, his eyes scanning the old abandoned place.

Conveyor belts took up a lot of the floor space, some even still having a few open boxes on them.

"Can you see fine?" Yeonjun turned to me and asked after a few moments of silence.

"I can see just fine." It was dark, but I could still see every detail. I could see the dust that was covering everything, I could even see the foot prints in the dust on the floor. "Do you think those are the demons?" I asked them while pointing at the trail that weaved around the conveyor belt in front of us.

"I didn't even notice them. Great work Evelyn." Yeonjun gave my head a pat before following the trail.

A small part of me wondered if he had noticed, but was waiting to see if I would find it.

"What's wrong?" Taehyun asked after I had let a sigh out.

"Did he just do what I think he did?" I ask and follow slowly after Yeonjun as he started to get farther away.

"What do you think he did?"

"Did he really not see those foot prints?"

"I know I didn't, I was busy scanning the walls and ceiling."  Taehyun admitted. I knew he wasn't lying either, thanks to the bond.

I push my lips out a second, thinking may be I wasn't as bad at this as I originally thought I would be.

I push that thought down, all I did was spot a set of tracks. Who knows if they even belong to the demon... but, something told me they did. I just felt like it really was from a demon.

"Am I right that they belong to a demon though?" I ask Taehyun as we stop where Yeonjun was crouched down, looking at the last foot print before the trail stopped in the middle of the floor.

"They are... how did you know?" Yeonjun responded as he stood up, eyes back to scanning the area.

"I just felt it." I say with a shrug.

"Can you pick up on how strong it may be?"

"I mean, it's presence seems fresh... but small. So, I'm guessing it's not that strong?"

"Seems about right, but never trust that feeling fully. Strong demons can sometimes cloak a lot of their power, making them seem weaker."

"The only reason I know this is the one we're after, is because I know it's scent." Taehyun added in.

"I know demons smell like death and hell fire, but they can have their own scent?" Huening Kai didn't mention that on our lil hunt so long ago.

"Yes, it's a small hint of who they used to be before they went to hell. Sometimes, you can even pick up on the scent of the soul they just consumed."

"That seems a little gross..." I scrunch my nose up at the thought of being able to smell the soul they ate.

"Let's head to the next building and see if there is anything there." Taehyun suggested.

We agree and follow after him.

"Here, take this." Yeonjun said as he pulled out one of the swords that were used on demons.

"You really think I should hold onto that?" I step back a little as he tried to place it in my hands.

"You're on high alert. You will feel any shift inside and outside."

I look up and catch his eyes already on me, a small comforting smile on his lips.

"I'll stay in the middle, that way if I do slip up, you will be able to see it."

"You were going to be in the middle anyways." He replied, pushing me in front of him. "And not because I think you will slip up, but to keep you safe. Demons tend to go after the first or last person anyways, like animals. Either take out the strongest, or the weakest. They just don't realize we know their ways better then they do."

"I thought demons were at least kind of smart?"

"Eh, most can be pretty smart, but when they are in fight or flight mode. Their behaviors can be just like an animal." Taehyun said from in front of me.

We enter the next building and I knew right away something was off.

The feeling I had before about a demons presence, was way stronger now. So strong I felt like the demon was right in front of me, but it wasn't.

My eyes start scanning the building, knowing there had to be a demon in here.

"There!" I say as I point to the far right corner of the building.

My heart sinks as its head snaps our way. Fuck, I probably just fucked up. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Taehyun pushes me back into Yeonjun's chest as the demon let's out a screech and fully turned our way.

I felt Yeonjun grab my shoulders to help keep me from falling, I was to focused on the demon as it crouched down to the ground.

"Stay back here, remember to stay focused and use that sword." Yeonjun whispered hurriedly into my ear before he stepped around me.

I shallow thickly as I pull the red glowing sword up to hip height, the tip facing where the demon was. My heart had instantly started beating fast as soon as I was hit with the sight of the demon.  I remind myself to keep my breathing steady and to keep my eyes trained on the demon.

Yeonjun was gone in an instant, popping up right in front of the demon. Taehyun was right there after him, his hands glowing blue with magic.

The demon was screeching once more as Yeonjun grabbed it by the strangely looking hair on it's head. He then pulled a smaller version of my sword out of his belt and stabbed it in the chest.

I lower my sword as the demon burst into ashes.

"Ugh, I'm covered in ashes now." Yeonjun spit and sputtered a bit. I didn't know if I found it funny that he probably got ashes in his mouth, or disgusted. How many times have I kissed him after he got demon ashes in his mouth? I felt a little nauseous at that thought.

"I'll phone the others." Taehyun commented as he pulled his phone out just as they both made it back to me.

We all turn and head out the door, heading to the edge of the ship yard so we can meet back up with the others.

"You did well tonight." Yeonjun said softly as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I did nothing!" I let out a small laugh. "I spotted some foot prints, that was all."

"You didn't lose your coo-"

Both our heads snap to Taehyun as he stops walking.

"What's going on?" He asked into his phone.

His wide eyes meet Yeonjun's. A heartbeat later he was hanging his phone up and running for the river.

"What's going on?" Yeonjun yelled as we take off after Taehyun.

"The others stumbled into a nest!" Taehyun called back.

"Fuck." Yeonjun said just as we all stopped at the edge of the river. "Grab my hands."

I look over to him and then Taehyun, who had already grabbed Yeonjun's wrist.

I grab Yeonjun's hand and couldn't help but stare as his wings burst from his back.

"Hold tight!"

I tighten my grip right before I was snatched from the ground. I really doubted I would ever get used to the feeling of flying.

"Soobin said they were on that big fishing boat!" Taehyun yelled out over the wind that was whistling in our ears.

We land a little harshly right on the deck of a big fishing boat.

"They must be inside." Yeonjun said calmly as his wings disappeared once more. He turned to face me.  "You need to try and teleport back home. A demon nest is a mess, there will be many types of demons all over in here."

"I can't just leave you all here!" I was scared I would get hurt, but the thought of any of them getting hurt worried me even more.

"Please, Evelyn. Go home." Yeonjun replied, his tone turning desperate.

My eyes follow Taehyun as he takes off to the only door on the deck.

"Yeonjun..." I meet his gaze and let a sigh out. "I'll try."

"Thank you, I have to get down there. If you can't get out of here in two minutes, take off running and we will call you as soon as we are done."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

137K 6.3K 32
I'm not afraid to fade into emotions. Just a touch of your love. __ txt polyamory reverse harem too soulmate alternative universe original character
46.8K 2.7K 26
Originally published 2019-2020 {2022 Version} God/Goddess Au "When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say...
27.2K 1.4K 25
Beomgyu's childhood bestfriend/ crush randomly is nowhere to be seen and without a trace, soon, he finds out about his whereabouts and is given infor...
2.9K 358 13
"In this life, I'll find a way to save you once again." In a world where memories intertwine like threads, Kang Taehyun finds himself constantly havi...