I (dis)like you (Human AU: Of...

By ShadowAngel56

In a world where jobs are very demanding, and takes a lot more than dedication to fit into the line of work... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 2

76 6 7
By ShadowAngel56

*Author's note: welcome back my fellow readers. If you forget, Brandon is Bugs, Dylan is Daffy, Ryder is Roadrunner, Waylon is Wile e Coyote, Luna is Lola, Pierce is Pepe, Tara is Tweety and Seth is Sylvester. Enjoy! 😊

After, the Ryder and Waylon finally got to the conference meeting room, without ripping each other to bits that is, a group of workers, who were all around their age, noticed their presence and immediately greeted them.

In their own way, of course.

As a perky, bright long-haired blonde girl introduced herself first to them, standing up.

"Hi there! Are you guys new here?" Tara asked sweetly.

"Yes, and apparently we are stuck working together, too." Ryder answered in complaint with his arms crossed, before looking over at Waylon, square in the face with his eyes rolled, who then glared back at him, coldly.

The blonde girl, at that point, immediately felt the tension in the room and laughed nervously.

"Oh my. Haha. Well, welcome to the team anyways. We are glad to have you both here with us. My name is Tara. And this is Seth, Luna and Pierce." Tara introduced in a clockwise direction order of the circle table.

"Great. I'll just sit here then." Ryder said before  taking an empty seat between Seth and Tara while Waylon sat in another empty seat between Luna and Pierce on the other side.

At that moment, everything got quiet as the group gets ready for the bosses to come in for the meeting.

Before a sudden tap on Ryder's shoulder interrupted the awkward silence.

"Um. I don't want to be a bother, but do you mind if we switch seats?" Seth whispered to Ryder's ear so that a certain someone doesn't hear him.

"Why?" Ryder asked confused until he looked over and noticed that the shy guy wanted to be near Tara for a reason.

And sweet one at that.

"Ohhh. I see. No worries then." Ryder said with a smile before the two stood up.

"Thank you for understanding." Seth spoke softly while the two swapped places.

"It's no problem. And while you're at it, don't be too afraid to take that shot, if you know what I mean. Ask her to have a simple coffee and walk in the park hangout with you or a do lunch gathering during work, if you're not ready to take her to dinner, just yet. Give it a chance when you can, because I think she really likes you too." Ryder whispered his advice to him with a wink.

"T...thanks. I'll try." Seth whispered sheepishly before the silence grew back again.

Until finally, Brandon and Dylan arrived to the room, and officially begin the meeting.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, we can get started. Good morning, you guys. I hope you are having a good day today." Brandon greeted.

"Tuh. Oh yeah, I'm having a terrific one, alright." Ryder sarcastically spoke, but in a lighter voice volume so that his grumpy comment doesn't grab much attention, while leaning back in his seat with his arms crossed.

As Seth and Tara, who were nearby him, became the only ones who heard and started to laugh a little.

"In addition to our new project in mind. I would like to welcome our two new members of the team. Ryder and Waylon. Give them a warm welcome everyone." Brandon welcomed before the group clapped their hands in greeting.

Before stopping about 10 seconds later, so that Brandon can continue with the meeting.

"Now, onto our next objective of this meeting. Each of you will have a special opportunity within our next deadline of work. As you know, the company of Harven is looking into some new apps that could be of available use. Our job is to create an outlining of potential new apps and have our very own mobile device programmers create them for our customers. Plus, to keep this even more engaging and encouraging, I am also adding in a leadership position for the team. That means anyone can participate and earn the promotion, including our new interns over here." Brandon announced, proudly.

"It's a great opportunity, but remember to not get your heads too quickly in the clouds. It won't be that easy for you to just hand over the app ideas and win. In order to get the promotion, you must be efficient, creative, and have an excellent satisfaction rate from a survey of the customers who tried out your product with the most successful percentage points from its app use. You will have 3 months to build, create, and share your app with the rest of the world. Good luck to you all and most importantly, have fun. But not too much fun as these apps could be a part of our next best sales for the corporation" Dylan added on.

"And with that, our morning meeting has now ended. If you have any questions about the project or details on the main roles of the promotion, let me or Dylan know in our office room. Thank you all for your hard work and have a great rest of your day." Brandon announced before the bosses then left the meeting room.

Leaving the rest of group, alone to do their own objectives for the day.

While Ryder and Waylon, took a moment in shock and surprise on how their first days have now turned into an awesome possibility of a lifetime.

What?

We can actually be qualified for a chance to become a leader too?

But that means....

He might get the position as well as I do.

Both Ryder and Waylon thought at the same time in sync before turning to each in a glaring western-style stare down.

Oh this definitely means war now.

Ryder thought, determinedly.

That guy doesn't even stand a chance.

Waylon thought with a smug.

It's going to take more than two hands to play this card match.

The two of them thought at the same time in irritation as the rest of the group stood up and gathered up their things.

Before Ryder then changes into a much kinder expression and turns to Seth, who was now attempting to talk to Tara, but kept messing up on his words.

"Um. S..so Tara. I was wondering. Do you...I mean...if you're not too busy...or..." Seth attempted to say but failed in his pause.

With Tara still patiently smiling in understanding.

Until Ryder stood up from his seat and decided to help Seth out.

"What he means to say is that he would love to have coffee with you. Right Buddy?" Ryder added on while patting Seth on the shoulder in support.

"Uh, yeah. I do. I...I mean if you're cool with it. That is. Um..." Seth added on, nervously.

But thankfully he was asking the right kind of girl, who sweetly answered for him.

"Of course, Seth. I would like that very much." Tara said with a brightened smile.

"Oh! G..great! So when do you want to...." Seth tried to ask before he was answered again.

"Right now. If that's okay?" Tara offered.

"Y..yes! I would love to! I...I mean if it's a good time to go right this instant or..." Seth rambles on until Tara had to give him a more obvious hint at her 'yes' response.

"Pfft. Come on, you silly. Let's go now before the coffee line at the Starbucks gets too long." Tara insisted with a small giggle before looping her arm around his and started walking out of the building area.

But not before Seth mouthed out the words 'thank you' to Ryder for the help, who waved goodbye with a smile in response.

At that moment, Waylon, who witnessed it all, saw it as a con that Ryder had pulled, in order to win favors over the other co-workers to gain more chances of getting the promotion and tries to call him out for that.

"Wow. That must be some fine way of earning respect for those boneheads. You must be too much of a talker to think that they would have appreciated the obvious advice" Waylon said sarcastically, shaking his head annoyed.

"As if, you could possibly understand human emotions. Mr. I-like-to-think-about-myself-and-no-one-else. You should know by now that we are more than a simple co-workers. What I did just now, was out of the goodness of my heart for helping a guy have the courage to ask out a girl that he liked. And not for anything else's. But you wouldn't know anything about relationships, now do you?" Ryder spoke out.

"Oh please. You're only acting like this. So that you can get a bigger scoring chance at being a team leader." Waylon pointed out.

"And how would you conclude that was my true motive. You don't know the first thing about me." Ryder said, crossing his arms.

"Oh yeah? You really want to bet how much I know all of those devious little tricks you'll be pulling on these people? I could be counting fingers all day." Waylon insisted.

"Nah. Because it would be worth nothing but an empty palm. Now if you excuse me, I have some work to do." Ryder said confidently before shoving past Waylon, who then shook his head with an exhausted sigh before walking away in the other direction.

As they both get themselves ready for the competition ahead.

And so, with that in mind....

The battle has now begun for the two fools at stake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 135 11
Valentine's Day is coming up in Adventure Bay, and Ryder and the pups of the PAW Patrol are keeping occupied with making sure the town stays safe. As...
15.4M 397K 48
Christian Ryder may be seen as a heartthrob by the majority of the world's female population, but to Sophia Hastings, he might as well be the newest...
47.7K 2.9K 34
Tech loves the club and the sense of family it gives him but he wants what his brothers have been getting. Several of his brothers have met and falle...
198K 7.7K 28
- ๐‚๐‡๐„๐‘๐‘๐˜ หขแต—สณแตƒโฟแตแต‰สณ แต—สฐโฑโฟแตหข '๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™๐™ž๐™ข "๐™—๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ" ๐™’๐™š'๐™ง๏ฟฝ...