Stupidity // Miles-42 X Fem!R...

By TearsinHeart

"So you're the prowler?" I nervously stepped back from Miles, afraid of what he could do. He let out a low ch... More

Introduction
Terrible Day / A Stupid Party
Embarrassment.
Office Visit.
Third Time
Awkward Dinner/Another Party.
The Mall.
The Prowler.
Study Session / Snack Run.
Chips.
Breakfast Date (ish)
Rivalry.
Attack / She's back.
Skipping Class
Janitors closet
Stalker / Groceries.
Newfound abilities
Couch
Absent / Normal
Test
Together / Suit
Sick
No Moments Alone
Improving
Unwanted Company.
Long Conversation.

Shoot

5.5K 139 376
By TearsinHeart

☆~☆~ 9PM

Y/N begrudgingly got up from her bed after taking a nap.

Something in her gut told her that she needed to get a good rest, and then when she left to go meet up with Miles, she needed to put on her suit underneath her clothes.

She was still a little on edge about the Prowler thing and how he smelled. But she convinced herself that it was someone else.

After Y/N was completely ready, she headed down the stairs and heard her parents in the kitchen making food.

"Hey... uhm, I'm gonna go to.. the gas station. Do you guys need anything?" She lied as she crept around the corner.

"No, honey. Oh- uhm, let your dad accompany you!" Y/N's mom pushed her dad forward before whispering something in his ear.

Although Y/N didn't want him to come along, she thought it'd be nice. Why hide things from the parent that's never there?

So as the duo walked out of the house and in the direction opposite of the gas station, her dad stopped walking.

"So what's the real reason you're coming out here at 9:30? Got a boyfriend I don't know about?" Her dad playfully chuckled as he hit her side.

Y/N couldn't help but roll her eyes because it could've been considered as somewhat true.

"No. I just need to meet up with a friend. You're chill with that, right?"

"Of course." He pulled her into a quick side hug.

They were both quickly approaching the park. Just before reaching it, Y/N turned around and faced her father.

"Would you mind... staying here? This might be a personal thing..." Y/N glanced at him, in which he returned an awkward smile.

He nodded quietly before turning and sitting on the curb. "I'll be here if there's any trouble."

☆~☆~10:12PM

Y/N swung quietly on the swing, waiting for Miles to arrive. Since he hadn't arrived in 12 minutes, she thought he was standing her up.

☆~☆~10:27PM

She paced around the merry-go-round as she constantly looked around and checked for Miles. And yet, there was no sign.

She grabbed her phone and saw that he hadn't texted her either.

☆~☆~10:32PM

Y/N laid in the hidden bench, teetering on the brink of falling asleep. Her dad checked up on her from time to time, but he sat on the curb like she wished.

She was reaching her breaking point. Miles hadn't shown up for 32 minutes. 5 to 10 minutes is acceptable, but half an hour??

And he literally said he needed to talk to her, too! What a bitch-

"Sorry... uhm, Y/N?" Miles' voice peeked through the brush. His head was poking through it.

She abruptly sat up, and her face was angry.

"MILES! Why were you late?"

He slipped through the brush and sat next to her. He was staring at the ground with a frown. "It's nothing. I was... I was busy."

She nodded her head slowly, not believing him at all. His head quickly perked back up when he looked at her. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Uhm... I'm gonna be honest. I didn't send that text."

"Oh." He frowned. He turned away and sighed.

Y/N was contemplating on telling Miles if his girlfriend was cheating on him with one of his friends.

I mean, Y/N thought about Miles at least 3 times a day. She admitted to herself while laying on that bench that she couldn't get over him.

"Sooo.... you and Katrina... still together?" She hesitantly asked him. She sighed and looked up at the sky. It was filled with light pollution, which she hated.

"Hm? Yeah. We've been.. together.. still. You and Jackson?"

The conversation felt like it was between strangers. Even though Miles was talking to her just as fine earlier in her room as Prowler.

"We're friends. But.. I don't know.."

The two sat in an uncomfortable silence, both thinking of what to say. Miles thought about a way to apologize to her, and Y/N thought about a way to tell him that he was getting cheated on.

So, Miles being Miles and not knowing how to apologize properly, he scooted closer to her and placed his arm around her shoulder.

"Miles, what the fuck are you doing?" Y/N looked at the boy next to her with a disgusted face. Didn't he just tell her that he was in a relationship?

"Y/N... hey... you're gorgeous."

"Shut the fuck up." She groaned. She got up from the bench and crossed her arms with a sad face. "Miles, I'm trying to forgive you here. You seriously need to learn how to apologize properly." She ranted.

"What? Y/N, why are you so fucking mad? Estás siendo una zorra." He scoffed out. Miles stood up and crossed his arms.

(You're being a bitch)

"Excuse me? I'm over here trying to forgive you! This is why you're being cheated on! And you're over here calling me a bitch when I was gonna help you?"

"I'm being what?! Y/N, chill down for a second. Katrina is cheating on me??" Miles grabbed her arm with a distressed face.

"You can't expect me to help you after you call me such names. Miles, you are so -"

Y/N spider sense went off when a single shot was heard.

BANG!

The duos head turned to the direction of the sound.

Everything was deathly silent, which was terrifying.

Y/N ran out of the brush and toward her father, who was on the ground grabbing his chest in pain.

Blood was dripping from in-between his fingers as she quickly looked around to spot the culprit.

In the distance, she saw the older Prowler scrambling away.

"No, no, no, no!" She cried. She turned behind herself and saw Miles wasn't there anymore.

In fact, Miles ran away as soon as he followed Y/N out of the brush. He saw his uncle running from after shooting her father, and he felt the need to leave.

"Y/N!" Her dad cried out in pain.

"Stop, stop playing with me. Stop pretending, please" Y/N sniffled out. She picked up her dad and slung him over her shoulder.

"Okay, okay. Don't freak, okay?" She mumbled. He nodded and groaned out of pain again.

Y/N reached into her pocket and slipped on her mask, making sure nobody was looking. She reached her hand forward and clicked the button on her webshooter.

Please work. Please work!

The web shot out and landed onto a nearby building. She was launched into the air with her dad clung onto her shoulder.

Swinging for the first time—not to mention with one hand AND someone on her—was exhausting.

By the time she got back to her house, she was out of breath. She eternally hated herself for not taking her dad to a hospital because she knew she couldn't take him there quickly.

Y/N ripped off her mask and put her dad on the ground. She got up and ran to the front door, banging on it with her fists.

The door swung open moments later by her mom. She looked annoyed. "Jesus Christ- Y/N? You could've just walked inside?"

"M-" she gasped for a second, still somewhat out of breath. "Mama... it's dad. You need to help me."

Her mom peeked behind her and noticed that her husband was on the ground with blood spilling out of his chest.

"¡Ay, Dios Mío! Y/N what happened?!" She screamed out while running toward the man.

"I-...He got shot." Y/N sniffled. She was a little shocked, but all she could think about was where did Miles go?

-

Y/N sat quietly on her bed as her mom left her alone in the house to take her father to the hospital.

Her room was dark, and she was sitting on her bed with just her suit on.

Y/N sighed and got up from her bed, turning on her TV.

"Breaking News: Super-Villain Prowler Strikes! Innocent Father Shot in Shocking Attack

Good evening to all. We are here, bringing you a chilling update on a recent incident that has left our city in shock. This late evening, a 37-year-old father, F/N L/N, fell victim to the ruthless super-villain known as Prowler.

In a brazen attack, Prowler, clad in a menacing suit, ambushed L/N as he waited on the curb of a playground. Witnesses describe a scene of utter chaos as a single shot was heard, supposedly striking L/N in the chest. The city is now on edge as law enforcement scramble to capture the elusive villain.

Witnesses also said that the victims daughter was there, along with a teenage boy running away from the scene.

Emergency services rushed to the house in which the authorities were called, transporting L/N to the hospital where he is fighting for his life. Prowler managed to evade capture, leaving authorities and citizens alike questioning the safety of our streets.

As the city grapples with this new threat, residents are urged to stay vigilant and report any suspicious activity. The hunt for Prowler is on, but until he's apprehended, the fear of another attack looms large over our community. Stay tuned for further updates as this developing story unfolds."

And she shut it off.

"I can't handle this," Y/N mumbled to herself. "This is all my fault."

"Y/N..." She heard from behind her. Y/N turned around and saw Miles crawling in through her window. "Y/N, please. Is she cheating on me?"

"Go. You could've texted me this." She turned away from him. Miles walked up behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm serious. I don't know how to apologize, I think you know that." He mumbled. Y/N shook her head no and turned her shoulder away from his hand.

"She is cheating on you. But I only heard that from María. But... she's not a good person for you, Miles." She walked and sat down on her bed, sighing.

A small cold breeze wafted in from the window, making Y/N shiver very slightly.

"Do you know who?" His voice lowered as he finally took in the atmosphere. It was dark in the room with beams from the moonlight flooding the room.

It was such a beautiful night. However, Y/N was dealing with something that made her look away.

"Yeah. But I don't wanna tell you." Y/N moved down and covered herself with her blanket, fatigue hitting her slowly.

"Please?"

She let out a big sigh as she felt the bottom of her bed lower as Miles sat down on her bed.

"Y/N, please."

"Your friend, Isaiah. That's all I'm going to tell you because that's all I know." She moved to sit up, trying to shake the sleepiness away.

Y/N watched as Miles' stoic expression slightly faltered. His eyes dimmed a little, and a small frown appeared on his face.

"I should've known. She's always been cheating on me. Always." His voice turned a little shaky as he stared down at the floor.

"I should've fucking known. Always lying to me, using my money, manipulating me. Y/N do you know how fucking hard it is?!" He snapped his head up to Y/N, who was a little frightened.

"I think I have an idea.." She mumbled. Miles rolled his eyes.

"You make it even worse. None of this shit would've even happened if I didn't start talking to you!"

"Wait, what?" Y/N stood up from her bed, just a tiny bit hurt. Her spider senses went off very slightly.

"You heard me." He snapped back.

Y/N's anger grew as Miles just insulted her in her own house while she was dealing with her father.

"Get out."

-

The next day at school, Y/N slowly trudged her way into 1st period.

It was Thursday, meaning that the school dance was tomorrow.

On the way to her class, she was bombarded with gifts and apologies about her father. He was still in the hospital, and there was no news about his health.

Katrina sat at her spot, which used to be Y/Ns, with a frown. Miles asked the teacher to switch seats ever since they broke up the night before... and he moved right next to Y/N.

"I swear to God, this guy can't learn to back off," She thought in her head.

She sighed and walked to her seat, scooting her chair as far away from him as she could.

"Y/n, I want to talk to you about last night." Miles said to her as she sat down. Y/N just rolled her eyes and hummed. "I didn't mean to say that to you. I wasn't thinking."

"Mhm." She said. She pulled out her phone and quickly looked back at Jackson, who looked upset.

Jackson :)

Wyddd you look sad
Delivered.

"And uhmm..." Miles became unfocused for a second while he watched Y/N text Jackson. "And I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting."

Y/N sighed and put down her phone. She slowly turned her head and looked at Miles. "Go on."

"And I realize my mistakes, and I want to fix things with you...?"

Y/N slightly cocked her head to the side as the uncertainty in his voice piqued her interest. "Yeah? How so?"

"I wanted to ask you to the dance. Would that work?"

Although Y/N didn't want to be in anymore contact with Miles, she was curious about how he could 'fix things' with her.

"I guess you can."

~~~

Sorry I feel like this chapter is so dull 😭

Let me know what you guys think!

I've been really tired lately, but I will get chapters out, I promise!

Love you 💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 2.2K 27
A boy stood tall, his eyes twinkling with promise as he said, "Let the sky fall, we'll face it all together." The girl cocked a brow at the boy, sus...
42.2K 899 13
All right lets do this one more time. Hi my name is Y/n Parker I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for 1 year I've been the one and only Spider...
181K 4.6K 50
YES, y/n is mexican and black, BUT that doesn't mean you can't add your race into it too!! i put it there so that you can get an idea of her parents...
262K 10.1K 36
This was the biggest opportunity of your life. A summer in New York City - the summer before you went off to college nonetheless - interning for Star...