ARK Survival Ascended

By TheNinjanamedIan

"Are you the one I've been waiting for? You might be, I hope so. It's been so many cycles since I was here. D... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter Five

20 1 2
By TheNinjanamedIan

Kyle's p.o.v

"I'll be back, don't worry. I'm sure you two can handle yourselves while I'm gone." Is what I said before I disappeared into the jungle wilderness, not knowing where I was going. I used my spear to bat the overgrown vegetation out of my path, snacking the ferns away. This also gave me the opportunity to think while I was away from Ethan and Lily. If we found Lily, could that mean there are other people here? Could there be others here on this island? Maybe people we know from school or other places. In any case, just because Lily was friendly, doesn't mean others will be. Others may try to defend themselves, other may try to go on the offensive and attack us without warning. This isn't a democracy or, this is survival of the fittest. There isn't any order here, people can choose or do anything they want without consequences, whether they may be good or bad. Lily chooses to be good and friendly, but not all people can or want to be like that.

I was pushed out of my thoughts when I heard a chirp, not like a bird however, this was different. I defensively held my spear ready for an attack. These chirps sounded like calls, like one creature talking to its family. Just when my back was exposed, a dinosaur landed on a log behind me, growling and hissing as at me as it landed.
"Utahraptor," I breathed as I backed away from the predatory prehistoric animal. It peered into my soul and closed in on me.
"Okay, just slowly... Back away... No sudden..." That's when another one jumped out of the foliage and charged at me.
"Movements," I breathed. I just barely was able to dodge the claws of the Raptor in front of me. The two pared together and chased after me through the jungle. Another raptor tried to run through and attack, but I slid under him and dodged the claws and teeth.

I used my spear to climb a tree to escape, however the raptors climbed up after me. I jumped from branch to branch in an attempt to escape, but they kept on coming. I turned around to fight, but the raptor behind me slashed its claws close to my body. It managed to catch its claws on my left arm, ripping flesh of the arm making me yell in pain. I held my arm tightly keeping the blood from pouring, keeping pressure on my wound. The raptor closed in on me, keeping me backed up until I was out of branch. I smirked when an idea came to me, I stood to my full height, the raptor not intimidated by my height whatsoever. "Bye,"
I said as I leaned back, falling off the branch just as the raptor swiped its claws over my red hair. I reached four to grab a fistful size branch, climbing up the branch.

My whole body struggled to pull itself up, but when I tried to grab it with my other hand, the cut ached. I managed to pull myself up with both arms, forgetting the pain in my left arm. When I stood tall on the branch, the blood gushing out of my arm felt like lava, and my heart sped up faster and faster.
When I looked to where my attackers where they were not there.
"That's both terrifying and relieving,"
I sighed letting my arm fall limp while ripping cloth off my shirt, tying the wound with the cloth as it stained almost immediately. I hiss in pain, but still was able to stand upright, the blood rushing into my arm made it ache even more.

"That's taking care of..." I said with one more sigh. I waited for a while before jumping down the tree, landing on the ground safely. "Well, not the experience I was expecting." I say as I grab my spear out of the tree. I hear a sound coming towards me, so I take up my spear. "Again!? Really!?" I spat just as I was about to throw my spear. Suddenly, an arrow was shot as a person jumped out of the foliage. "Don't even!" The person yelled harshly. I kept my spear ready but lowered it from the throwing position. A girl with raven black hair, orange eyes with a quiver on her back holding a bow and pointing it at me.

"Who are you?" She asks me with an arrow pulled back.
"I'm not a threat." I say dropping my spear and holding my hands up. "Am I supposed to believe that!?" She asks with venom in her voice. "My name is Kyle and me and a friend, Ethan landed on this island like you. We met someone else while surviving on our own, her name is Lily." I told her hoping she would trust me. She did not however seem to trust me, but she did lower her bow just a tad. I tried walking over to her but stopped when she raised her bow again.

"Stay there!" She ordered, so I did. "Look, I told you my name, how I got here and my friends name. What else do you need from me?" I asked her. She faltered for one moment, seemingly thinking about what else she needed. I took this as my chance to advance closer, so she put her guard up again.
"I said stay there!" She yelled pointing her bow at my head.
"I am not going to hurt you." I assured her. With every step I took, she pulled the arrow back more. "I told you I can't believe you," she said.
"You have to realize I have an arrow pointed at you and will release at any given time, so why do you keep coming closer?" She questions me, I don't stop but answer her. "I don't think you will do that," she looks at me annoyed.

"I can and will if you don't stay there." She responds. I raised my brow. "One more step..." She demands but stops just as I walk closer.
"I'm going to shoot!" She declares.
"So do it, shoot." I say calmly. "I- but- you- ugh," she yells in annoyance, "Fine! You win." She tells me slinging her bow over her shoulders. "Okay," I said with a smirk.
"I told you my name, now you tell me yours." I told her - she gave me offended look.
"Why should I tell you, my name?" She asked me annoyed.
"Because that's how this works," I responded. She mumbled something under her breath then said. "My name is Zara. Zara Elizabeth." I nodded accepting her introduction.

"It's good to see another person on this island," she turned away from me. "Even though I never asked to see one." She said. "How long have you been alone on this island?" I asked, she looked at me offended. "How do you know I've been alone?" I rubbed my nape thinking of how I should reply to this question in a non-creepy way. "You seem like you've not had interaction with any other human being for days." I replied. She turned away from me with a 'humph.' She started walking off into the jungle but turned around to me. "What?" She asked me, seeing as I was staring after her. "Nothing," I replied, picking up my spear and decided to follow her. "I didn't ask you to follow me," she told me but didn't turn around. "Yeah, but I am." I replied. Ethan would have a fit about this if he found out I was following a girl without her consent. He would say something like 'That isn't the way you should treat a girl' but I'm not following her in any creepy way, just to keep an eye on her.

"Shh," She stopped me just as she came to a fallen tree. "What is it?" I asked her, bending down to her ear. "One, why are you bending down to my ear, I'm not short, and two, there's something ahead." She told me walking towards the tree. She hopped on top of the fallen jungle tree and bounded over, disappearing through the ferns on the other side. I waited for her return, standing on the side of the tree. That's when she came barreling over in a hurry. "Look out!" She yelled as she went over. She landed on top of me, just when a heard of Gallimimus stampeded through. I closed my eyes to keep any dirt or dust to get in my eyes, when I opened them, I was staring into Zara's orange eyes. "Zara," I spoke softly. She opened her eyes and replied. "What?" I waited to speak, feeling pain swell up in my arm. "Can you get off... My arm." I asked her - she tilted her head to the side, looking down at me arm seeing the open cut wrapped with blood-stained cloth. "Oh, sorry." She apologized and slipped off in seconds. "It's fine, I- Look out!" I yell and grab her arm, pulling her out the way of a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth. We roll out the way, grunting as we swiftly move out of the path of a hungry carnivorous dinosaur. "Thanks," she said and I nodded as a 'you're welcome' and stand up. 

"Carnotaurus, and a hungry one." I say as we watch the Carnotaurus grab a Gallimimus by the neck and pin it to the ground, snapping its neck and killing it. As we watched it eat the herbivore's flesh in awe, Zara gagged at the sight. "That's disgusting." She concluded. "Okay, we move slowly, as not to disturb it." I tell her. She nodded and slowly backed away as I did. We stayed silent as the carnivore devoured the flesh of the Gallimimus, oblivious to the humans that were only a few feet away. The sudden sound of a twig snap made our fears come true, the Carno stopped eating and raised its head to look at us. 

"Shoot," I cursed. The Carno roared at us and charged at full speed. "Run!" I yelled to Zara, who did just as she was told. We ran through the bushes, smacking them out of our way as we ran for our lives. I saw a few glimpses of the clearing I left Ethan and Lily at, so I jumped out. "Kyle?" Ethan and Lily both said, confused as to why I was in a panic. "Run!" I yelled running away as Zara followed suit. I heard Ethan ask who Zara was right before the Carno ran through the bushes, causing the two to ran after us. "Why does everything want to eat us!?" Lily yelled, holding onto Ethan's hand as they both ran behind me and Zara. "Just keep running!" I yelled. 

"Chunky is hot on our tail!" Zara yelled, glancing back at the Carno. "Chunky," Ethan barreled over a log. "What kind of name is that!?" Ethan said. "You are welcome to name it something else," She yelled back turning right as the Carno slid in, snapping its jaws at us. "I'm sorry, who are you!?" Ethan questioned her again. "I'm surprised you aren't trying to flirt with her, Ethan," I said to him. "Is this really the time!?" Lily asked panicked. "Ethan, Lily. This is Zara, now let's run!" I introduce them to her in a yell. "What do you think we're doing!?" Zara responds. "Oh, shut up," I say stopping in my tracks, swinging my spear around just as Chunky lunged at me, teeth out. I roared and swung my spear, hearing it crack against the Carno's horned head. I threw the bottom part of the spear to the side and running back to my friends.

"I think you made it angry," Ethan told me, looking back at the now enraged Carnotaurus. "Yeah, I can see that." I tell Ethan. We stopped just before we fell off a cliff. "Oh shoot," Ethan cursed. We turned back hearing a shrieking roar. Chunky stood before us, growling and hissing. "Any ideas, guys?" Ethan asked the group. I thought for a second, then my eyes widened. "Guys," I stepped forward just as Chunky lunged at us. "Jump!" I yelled. We all jumped out the way as Chunky ran off the cliff edge. We heard pained roar as Chunky went over. Ethan and I looked over the edge to see if Chunky survived. Just to our luck, he did. He roared in defeat and limped away, shaking off any ruble that fell on him. Ethan made a laugh, one that he was probably holding as he was chased through the jungle. I joined him letting the laughter out; he flopped on the ground and continued to laugh. "Uh, guys," Zara looked over the side of the cliff. "You might want to see this." She said directing all attention to her. We looked over to where she was looking, and we were all amazed. There, down the cliff was a red glowing, floating tower that illuminated the area. "What is that?" Lily asked amazed. "I don't know, but maybe he might." I said, pointing down at the figure of a person standing a few meters away from the tower. 

I slid down the cliff, careful of where I placed my foot. I ran up beside the person; he had blue hair, swished onto on side like he was Nick Pro. My gaze fell upon the collum that towered above us. A red light shines up and down the tower. "It's amazing," the boy, who didn't look too much older than me. "What is it?" I asked him, really amazed and concerned that this boy, one of the few human beings we have found on this island, was standing here in front of this spire. "I don't know," he says, not taking his eyes off the tower. "Who are you?" I ask him, still amazed at what was before me. "Brendon, Brendon Provost," he told me, finally looking at me face to face. I was now able to see his bright blue eyes just before he returned his gaze upon the obelisk. 

"This island is so strange." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 17.4K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...
182 3 1
You should be advised that nothing about my life is going to make any sense. Sorry, but that is just the cold, horrifying, acid trip horror show that...
271 34 29
The planet was saved by a scientist who created a cure for Covid-19. All of a sudden, a new virus appears, turning everyone that has a healthy life i...
132K 8.8K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...