Puck The Halls | Jack Hughes

Por huggyquinn43

It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her... Más

DISCLAIMER
. . .
How it all Began
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
How It All Ended
In Every Universe
TREVOR
Original Story
HELLO!
Merry Christmas

SIXTEEN

2.6K 38 35
Por huggyquinn43

MIRACLE
_____________

BY THE TIME I GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS TO MEET MY family, who are now awake, I can't even begin to fathom how I'm supposed to look at Jack. I'm positive that my cheeks are coated in a permanent blush, and the idea that we'd even done something like that and now had to act innocent was messing with my brain.

I was dressed in a pair of high waisted plaid pyjama shorts, sock crew socks and brown ugg boots to keep my feet warm, and a light grey hooded sweater with the Anaheim Ducks logo in the chest corner, curtsey of my brother.

My hair had since been washed—again—and was tossed into a messy bun on top of my head. I wanted to look as casual as possible, like I hadn't taken two showers this morning after Jack had . . . You know.

I'm surprised to see my entire family in the kitchen, Hughes boy included (he now wears a shirt, much to my dismay) all making breakfast, chattering amongst themselves as if it's a normal day, but, it's not a normal day. This is a revolutionary day, because my childhood crush, my first love, the boy I'd been obsessing over since I was seven, just showed me that maybe he'd been feeling the same way too.

Sure, nothing between us had been romantic since he'd been back, besides the midnight date in Toronto, but other than that, my relationship with Jack had been strictly tension building.

Little did I know, things had shifted this morning. Jack didn't want what was going on between us to be entirely sex orientated. He didn't just want to screw me then go back to his life, living exclusively without me. Jack wanted to kiss me properly, to love me unconditionally, to have more midnight target dates. Jack wanted to introduce me to his friends, to hold my hand in public, and in front of his family, he wanted all of me, just for him.

Of course, I know nothing of this, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm just another girl in a long line of girls waiting to get a piece of him. But, the way he's looking at me right now, that innocent glint in his eyes, the longing stare that forces my heart to skip a beat—has me thinking that this morning changed everything.

I take a deep breath, making my way through the kitchen, trying not to look at him.

"Morning, sweetheart," my mother hums from her place at the kitchen counter. My dad makes eggs on the stove, Jack beside him cooking bacon while Trevor rifles through the fridge for who knows what. "You're up late."

Jack smirks down at the stove, not daring to look at me. My cheeks flush, but I try to play it cool, to brush it off. "Slept in."

"That's unlike you," dad chirps. "Even Rowdy here was up early, you guys rubbing off on each other or something?"

Jack chokes on his own saliva while I turn towards the mug cupboard, which is ridiculously high. I'd never been able to reach it even if I tried, and always have to climb on the bench. I tried not to look back, knowing that dad's comment wasn't meant to be suggestive, it just so happened to be because of what had happened this morning in the spare bedroom.

I feel like the world's worst daughter, and an even worse sister. I was actively sneaking around with my brother's best friend, a guy who was right behind me in the kitchen, a boy who was older than me, who I'd grown up with. A boy known for being a playboy in the NHL. My mother would be horrified, I just know it.

Jack notices that I can't reach the mugs, and right as I'm about to climb on the bench, he's beating me to it. His body is flush against my own, one arm reaching over me to grab my favourite mug, while his left hand comes to rest on the back of my neck. His palm cups my skin, his thumb brushing back and forth over the skin just below my hairline.

He lets a tiny smile dance over his lips. "You're so small."

I peer up at him through my lashes. "I'm not that small."

"You're perfect," he whispers, looking down at me, the mug being placed in my grip, our fingers brushing accidentally. Everywhere Jack touches is electric, causing my skin to prickle.

I scrunch my nose up, right as he sends me a wink, then turns back to his bacon. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding, turning back to the kitchen with a pout, at the loss of contact of at his words, I wasn't sure. My eyes flicker up at the feeling of someone looking at me.

My mother.

She's looking at me with this smirk and a squint and dammit I know that look. It's the I know there's something going on look, it's the same look she gave me when I came home from the party and Jack tried to kiss me.

I turn away from her to the coffee, hoping to avoid anymore encounters with Jack for the rest of the morning and hopefully my mother would forget what she'd seen and things would go back to the way they were. Maybe Trevor would start a fight with me and distract us all completely.

"Alright kiddos," dad grins. "Breakfast is served. That's for your help, son."

He's talking to Jack, and I'm reminded that my parents love him, that he's like another son to them, that Mom probably wouldn't be horrified at all if we ended up dating, in fact, she'd probably applaud it. Her and Ellen would have a field day planning our wedding and we'd never hear the end of it at Christmases.

The thought should repel me, but it just makes my stomach flip. I'm losing my edge, I'm crumbling, turning into a sap. Jack Hughes was making me feel mushy things that I never felt during the holidays. And, as far as I was concerned, he didn't feel the same.

There's a hand placed on the small of my back, fingertips tickling my spine. He guides me to the dining room, hand never leaving from its resting place on my lower back. I hold my breath, trying to ignore it, but I can't. He feels good, and I know what those fingers feel like inside me, and I want it again.

I furrow my brows, chewing on my bottom lip as my eyes focus exclusively on the floor. He leans down to me, lips grazing my ear. I want to kill him, because Mom had already caught us twice, she definitely didn't need to catch us now.

"What is it, Miracle?" He whispered, breath hot and voice husky and deep and beautiful. His fingers are still on my spine. "Does my girl have an appetite for something other than food?"

"Stop it," I whisper back, glaring at him, a pout settles on my features. He's close to me, and he's smirking cockily again. "You know I do."

"Come over later," he mumbles, still walking us towards the dining room. "I'll follow up on that promise."

"I have work," I tell him, short and snappy.

His smile only widens. He knows how he makes me feel. "Then I'll fuck my baby at her work."

"Jack!" I whine, frowning. He's grinning all too smugly, holding back a chuckle. "That's enough."

He rolls his eyes, dropping his hand as we walk into the room, all eyes on us. He takes a seat at the end of the table, only one other space left, right beside him. I want to crawl in a hole and die. I'd rather sit and eat my food in oncoming traffic than eat beside Jack at a table full of my family. He knows how easy it is to tease me.

"So, Jack," Mom smiles. "Why'd you end up here last night? Thought you would have just slept at your house."

"Uh," he scratches his cheek. "Luke ended up somehow in my bed and I didn't want to sleep on the couch."

"Fair enough," she nodded. "Thought it was because of Miracle."

Both of us snapped our gazes to each other, horrified. "What?" I ask.

Mom only smirks. "Oh, nothing, it's just that when I saw the two of you together last night I figured Jack was here for you, honey."

This woman loves to make my life hell.

"Uh—I—" Jack is stuttering, trying to find words as Trevor looks at him from the opposite side of the table, disgusted.

"What the hell did you do?"

"N-nothing!" Jack protests, swallowing thickly. I always through of Jack as cocky and confident and a guy who gets anything he wants. I never stopped to imagine that he'd feel nervous at the idea of Trevor finding out about us.

I can barely believe what I'm seeing, but Jack is blushing, so strong it reaches the tips of his ears. I reach my hand across his lap, lacing our fingers together, not really thinking about how it would go down if anyone saw and only really thinking about Jack, and wanting him to stay calm.

My thumb traces patterns on his knuckles, and he visibly relaxes, sighing deeply.

"What's the matter, Trevor?" Dad frowns, not seeing the issue.

"Are you kidding?" He snaps. "It's my best friend and my little sister, do you not see how fucked that is?"

"I think it's sweet," Mom shrugs.

Jack and I sit silently, mortified.

"Nothings even going on," I snap, frustrated, still clutching onto his hand for dear life. "So you can all relax."

"Not what it looked like last night," Mom mumbled, sipping on her coffee.

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry, Miracle," she grins. "But when a boy is near kissing my daughter, I have a right to know what his intentions are."

"You guys fucking kissed?" Trevor cries."

"No!" Jack and I snap back, while my mother smirks out a "Yes."

I glare at her. "We didn't—we haven't—Jack hasn't kissed me."

I don't know why, but those last words make my heart sink, and I find myself frowning as my shoulders slump slightly as my chest aches.

The rest of breakfast goes by normally, my Mom seems to let us live another day and doesn't mention Jack or myself again after that. Dad starts talking to the boys about hockey, Mom starts asking me about Umich, and all is back to being normal.

Jack continues to hold my hand under the table, and at some point, switches to resting his hand on my thigh, innocently drawing hearts with his index finger into the exposed skin of my leg. My heart racing the entire time because I freaking love it, I love it so much I want to tattoo it permanently.

Everyone stands from the table, taking their plates with them back to the kitchen. I stand too, gathering my mug and plate and cutlery and going to walk away, when Jack grabs my elbow, stopping me from moving or breathing or thinking. Everyone else has left the room, so we're completely alone.

I turn to him, eyes wide and heart in my throat. "What is it?"

"You don't think I'm an asshole, right?" He asks, voice small.

"Huh?" I cock my head. "Why would I—"

"Because I'm going to kiss you, Miracle. I'm going to kiss you and I'm going to love you and I'm going to make you mine I'm just trying not to rush into it."

"You could have done it this morning," I whisper, unintentionally frowning at the thought of him pleasuring me without it being attached to any emotion.

He tilts his head to the side, pain written on his features.

"I'm not going to take away a moment from us that is meant to be perfect by kissing you while I'm knuckles deep in your pussy, pretty girl."

My eyes fly open and I slap a hand over his mouth, pressing my chest to his as our noses brush and our bodies are suddenly inches apart.

"Jack!" I snap.

He snickers, pulling my hand back.

"I'm going to kiss you, my love."

"When?" I whisper, the insecurity behind my tone surprising me.

He frowns, cupping my cheek, his thumb caressing my temple. "When it's just us, when the time is right, when I can make it special, perfect. You deserve everything—"

Mom is about to walk into the room, her body coming to an abrupt halt when she sees that we're having a moment. She takes us in, her daughter gazing up at the boy she loves, longingly, lovingly, her hands wrapped around his wrist, and Jack, staring down at her daughter with equal love, if not more, whispering words to her only meant for Miracle.

"You are everything," he breathes, forehead resting against mine. "I promise, Miracle, okay?"

I suck in a breath, my stomach swarming with butterflies. "Okay."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

189K 2.5K 50
❝𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 "𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶," 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 �...
109K 2.6K 43
The Reed and Hughes kids have never known life without each other. They'd all been intertwined since before they were even born. Kennedy may be a bit...
62.1K 679 22
Ava is the sister of the Hughes brothers. She's the only girl and the youngest. Being the only girl her brothers pushed her to the side a lot. They...
6.2K 165 9
In which Adelaide and her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes, meet again after years apart.