Golden Eyes (Persona 4 x Male...

By Hey-guys64

After a hard last year at Gekkoukan, a boy decided that he couldn't live without solving a mystery of his pas... More

This is a Sequel
Chapter 1: Welcome Part 3 & Knuckles
Chapter 2: Cool New Feature
Chapter 3: New Understanding
Chapter 4: Drifting Soul
Chapter 5: Get Up
Chapter 6: Reconnection
Chapter 7: Kindhearted Punk
Chapter 8: This is Uncomfortable
Chapter 9: A Broken Delivery
Chapter 11: Camping Fiasco
Chapter 12: Fallen Idol
Chapter 13: Strip for Self-Discovery

Chapter 10: The Pick Up Hick Up

456 16 10
By Hey-guys64

6/8/16 Yasogami High, After School

Yu and I were sitting in a practically empty classroom as everyone hastily left when it began to rain. We were in the middle of a general conversation until Yosuke interrupted us and carried what seemed to be two pamphlets. He quickly looks around the room to see if anyone is looking at us before reaching between our desks.

Yosuke: "Hey, guess what I just heard!"

Yu and I just looked at him like he was insane, which, ironically enough, in the corner of my eye, I could see Insanity confused as well.

Yosuke: "When they're in the back of you, it's like a squeeze play!"

Yu: "Are you putting a baseball team together?"

Y/N: "If so, I know a guy who can help."

Yosuke: "No not that! C'mon, you know what I mean."

Y/N: "I don't we do."

Yosuke: "Sorry, I got ahead of myself. What I mean is..."

His eyes scanned the room, trying to snoop out anyone listening to our conversation.

Insanity: 'He takes more precaution in whatever the hell he's talking about than about the TV world in public.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Might be embarrassed or doesn't want anyone else to know.'

Yosuke: "I'm talking about how, when there's a girl sitting behind you on a motorcycle, they press right up against your back.

Yu: "What does?"

Yosuke: "Look, don't make me spell it out."

Y/N: "He's just messing with you, Yosuke."

Yosuke: "Really, dude... Anyway. I think motorcycles are the hot new thing for guys now. Girls like guys who spend time outdoors, right? So I got you two this."

Yosuke placed the pamphlet on our desks. I picked it up and inspected it, realising it was a manual for obtaining a motorcycle licence.

Yosuke: "Wanna get your licence with me, guys? Well, I can't afford anything bigger than a scooter on my budget, but at least that'll let us get to new places. Don't you think we deserve that much, seeing how we're investigating the case?"

I changed my focus towards Yu.

Y/N: "What are you thinking about this?"

Yu: "It sounds fun, so I see no harm."

Yosuke: "I knew you'd be down, partner. So, what about you, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Sure, though I am sorry to inform you, but I already own my motorcycle license."

I pulled out my wallet and withdrew my license from its containment.

Yosuke: "What? When did you get that?"

Y/N: "Oh, I got my Japanese license last year in February."

Yosuke: "Not the damn license card, but the ability to drive a motorcycle."

Y/N: "2 years now."

Yosuke: "Dude, you telling me that you've been able to drive a motorcycle for the past two years? How?"

Y/N: "Loopholes and connections. I'm able to drive a motorcycle and pilot a plane, but God forbid me to be able to drive a car a little early."

Yu: "You can pilot a plane?"

Y/N: "Yeah. It was a strange trip to Mongolia."

Yosuke: "Dude, how do you not have a girlfriend already."

Before I could answer Yosuke, our junior entered the classroom without us noticing and was already next to Yu and Yosuke.

Kanji: "'Sup, Senpai. Hey, about the camping trip... You guys busy right now?"

Yosuke: "Kinda. We're talking about motorcycles."

Kanji: "Motorcycles? You gonna go stomp a gang? If you're bringin' a war, I'll help!"

Yosuke: "No, we're not bringing a war. What does that mean, anyway? We're just talking about getting motorcycle licenses!"

Kanji: "Licenses? You guys don't have yours?"

Y/N: "Wel-"

Yosuke: "Huh? No way... Don't tell me you already..."

Kanji: "Nah. I'm still 15 and all."

Yosuke: "Then why'd you say it like that!? Man... That reminds me, I'm surprised you picked a fight with that biker gang. How'd you chase after them?"

Kanji: "Eh, a bike's all I need for that."

The three of us stared at Kanji in bewilderment before returning to our usual selves.

Yosuke: "In any case, we can't let you in on our up close and personal plan."

Kanji: "Up close and personal!? What's that mean!?"

Yosuke: "Keep it down! Like I was telling this guy, what a guy needs nowadays to be a big man is first a motorcycle, and then..."

Kanji: "And then...?"

Yosuke: "A girlfriend."

Yu: "You're like a kindergartener."

Yosuke: "Oh, shut up! I'm at least a middle schooler."

Y/N: "With your grades?"

Yosuke: "Oh, shut up."

Kanji: "You guys gonna get licensed for the big stuff? I mean, I know I came in late here, but if you're talkin' about takin' a girl on a bike, ya gotta be seatin' two, man. That ain't allowed on a scooter."

Yosuke: "I forgot about that."

Y/N: "You forgot the most vital aspect of your plan and didn't think of a workaround."

Yosuke: "Shut up! This'll work out! As long as we have a motorcycle, the girls will come running! That's all the advantage we'll need! Now, listen carefully. The reason we don't have girlfriends is because we're stuck here in this town, waiting to meet someone!"

Y/N (Thoughts): 'No... Just no Yosuke.'

Yosuke: "This place is so tiny, it's no wonder we can't find one. It doesn't matter if it's only a scooter. Some kind of motorcycle is just the ticket for us to get some chicks! Then, later on, we can get a bigger motorcycle... and that's when the up close and personal plan really starts!"

Kanji: "Up close and personal..."

Yosuke: "Plus, you know, the three of us have more of a city boy thing going on. If we're serious about this, we've gotta expand our horizons to a bigger town. We gotta take the initiative! There's no time to wait for a train that only leaves every so often each day! We'll roar up on our motorcycles like the badasses we are, and when the chicks come up, we'll play it cool..."

Y/N (Thoughts): 'I don't think a scooter can roar an engine as much as the average motorcycle.'

Insanity: 'Sucks for them.'

Yosuke: "The pheromones dripping off of us will bring them around in no time."

Y/N: "Our sweat will attract them. Interesting tactic, Yosuke."

Yosuke: "Hell no! We'll smell fresh because the rushing wind will keep us cool in more ways than one. But I should have expected you'd be less keen since you already got your eye on someone."

Yu: "You have your eye on someone?"

Kanji: "Really, senpai?"

Y/N: "No... Yosuke must have hit his head again."

Yosuke: "No, I did not... Anyway, back to the main topic. My research shows that a motorcycle is the number one surefire way to increase a man's pheromones."

Kanji: "Phero...mones..."

Kanji's voice became low; however, we still heard what he said and were a little concerned.

Yosuke: "Dude... That's how a perv would react."

Kanji: "What did you say!? Fine! Then, I'm in too! Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks!"

Yosuke: " I already told you, you can't! Anyway, don't tell anyone about this, got it? If other guys try to copy us, it'll end up diluting our pheromones. So, partner, make sure you talk to your uncle about getting a license, okay?"

Kanji: "Got it!"

Yosuke: "Not you! I don't even know your uncle! I'm serious about this... If we have motorcycles, we can go all over. It'll be fun! Man... Somewhere out there, the best days of our youth are ahead of us!"

Kanji: "Yeah! I'm with you on that one!"

Yu: "But first, we've got to get a motorcycle."

Timeskip Evening, Dojima resident

As Yu and I entered our home for the year, we heard a distant conversation between two men. One was Dojima, and based on the conversation, the other person was Adachi, which we confirmed by walking into view.

Dojima: "Ah, you're back."

Adachi: "Hi, there! You guys want some eel too? Fair warning: it's from the supermarket."

Dojima: "Well, excuse me."

Adachi: "I-It's delicious, though! I can't believe it was on sale!"

Dojima: "Sorry, but this guy eats instant noodles every day. That constant slurping got on my nerves, so I called him here."

Adachi: "You don't have to bluff like that. You just wanted to eat dinner with a coworker, right?"

Dojima just stared at him with a tired, disgruntled look in his eyes.

Dojima: "Don't be stupid."

Adachi: "But eel was a great choice! Nanako-chan loved it, at least. I'd say she's eel-ly proud of her daddy! Eh? Ehhhh...? Haha... ah."

Everyone had a disappointed look, and it could determined that we were all also stifling a groan.

Insanity: 'I've heard that joke before somewhere.'

Adachi: "Did my joke slip away? It is an eel, after all..."

Dojima: "Just eat your dinner."

Adachi: "Yes, sir."

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Thank you, Dojima.'

Y/N: "I think I'll pass on the eel. Do we still have last night's leftovers?"

Dojima: "Yeah, they're still in the fridge."

I gave a thumbs-up and walked over to the fridge.

Adachi: "Nanako-chan's such a good girl, though. She went straight to do her homework once her plate was clean...It's not every day you get to eat eel. You'd think she would have spent more time savouring it."

Dojima: "You think that because you slack off too much. You should follow her example."

Adachi: "Way to hit where it hurts..."

I opened the fridge, grabbed last night's food and placed it in the microwave. I turned my attention back towards Dojima and Yu. Dojima stared at Yu, confused about Narukami's expression.

Dojima: "What's the matter?"

Yu: "What's the possibility of me having a motorcycle?"

Dojima: "A motorcycle? You mean a scooter? Oh, that's right, kids your age can ride those. I don't know though..."

Adachi: "C'mon, don't be a spoilsport. It's no surprise he wants one, out here... I understand how you feel, since I'm from the city myself. The trains don't run that often, and walking around everywhere is pretty inconvenient, isn't it?"

Yu: "Yeah, it's a hassle."

Adachi: "Right? It's criminal!"

Dojima: "You say that, but..."

Adachi: "That reminds me, I remember you telling me something once, Dojima-san. About some of the reckless things you did on your motorcycle when you were young..."

Dojima: "You moron! Think before you talk! And once you're done eating, hurry and--"

Dojima's phone erupts a ringing noise from his pocket, causing everyone to stop in their tracks.

Dojima: "Ugh..."

Dojima stood up and walked further away from the table to prevent Adachi's slurping from interrupting the call. He answered the phone, listening intently to what the person on the other side had to say.

Dojima: "All right, we'll be there soon."

He ended the call and slid his phone back into his pocket.

Dojima: "Looks like I made the right choice to skip the booze... Adachi, you were the one in charge of that file, right?"

Adachi: "File? Ohh... Did that suspicious guy show up again?"

Dojima: "Would you keep your mouth shut? We're going back. Get in the car."

Adachi: "Back... you mean, to the station!? But I haven't had my eel liver soup yet..."

Dojima just looked sternly at Adachi, frightening the clumsy man to Dojima's car.

Dojima: "About this license... did you decide on this yourself? No one talked you into it?"

Yu: "It's my own decision."

Dojima: "I know it's hard without a way to get around. Bit two-wheeled vehicles can be dangerous... Do you understand?"

Yu: "You can trust me."

Dojima: "I'm sure I can trust you to do that. But allowing you to get one is another thing..."

Dojima seemed troubled by the decision, so I aided him in his judgment.

Y/N: "If it makes it any better, I can teach him and keep an eye on him." 

Dojima: "That's right, you have your motorcycle license..."

Dojima looked back at Yu, smiling at him.

Dojima: "I know you're serious about this. First, you'll need a license. We can talk about this again when you have one. Well, then. Sorry to dump this on you, but I need you two to look after the house."

Dojima walked out of his home, leaving Yu and me alone. I grabbed my dinner out of the microwave before sitting down at the Chabudai next to the remains of Adachi's and Dojima's dinner. After Yu got off his phone, he joined me after heating up his eel in the microwave.

Time skip 9/6/16 After School Yasogami.

Once school ended, everyone seemed to have their own important matters to do today. I knew Yu and Yosuke left immediately to get their motorcycle license, and Yukiko and Kanji were most likely helping their family businesses. The other two members of the Investigation Team had something going on back home, leaving me and Insanity to figure out what to do.

We both agreed to leave the hell called school first for obvious reasons and decided to walk by the floodplain. Eventually, I took a seat on the grass near the surface of the water, where I was soon joined by a bloody and cut version of me.

Y/N: "Been a while since we last done this."

Insanity: 'Memory serves correctly, it was the 26th of December last year.'

Y/N: "I really did think it was the end back then..."

Insanity: 'Everyone did, but I think it was all worth it.'

Y/N: "Yeah... One question?"

Insanity: 'Fire away.'

Y/N: "Am I the only person who can see you right now?"

Insanity: 'Yep.'

Y/N: "Do I look like I've lost it?"

Insanity: 'Most definitely.'

Y/N: "Lovely..."

My back splatted on the grass as I looked up at the sky. 

Y/N: "Am I a good person?"

Insanity: 'Why are you asking this?'

Y/N: "I've just been doubting myself recently..."

Insanity: 'I know... It happens to all; however, if you want my opinion. I'll say you're pretty good. You would have killed yourself to save the world, so that's a good spot on the old resume. Overall, you shouldn't be thinking about these things.'

Y/N: "You're right."

I sat back up, patting the back of my head, ensuring no grass was lingering on me.

Y/N: "Wonder if Marukyu needs some help?"

Insanity: 'Only one way to find out.'

Y/N: "I don't have her number since she's never called me."

Insanity: 'What about seeing her in person?'

Y/N: "Too hard."

Insanity: 'Get you're ass up before I slap you.'

Y/N: "You wouldn't do that."

As I turned my head, with a smug smile on my face, towards the bleeding version of me, to be met with the wonderful sensation of a fist smashing hard against my cheek, knocking me back down to the grass and doing the Yamcha pose.

Y/N: "Ow...! Arswhole."

Insanity: 'Goes both ways.'

Y/N: "Good hit, though... I'll go over and see her."

Insanity gave me a smile before reaching out his damaged hand towards me. I got myself off the ground without any help and gave him a handshake.

Y/N: "Good punch, but not that good."

Insanity: 'I wish you were six feet under.'

Y/N: "Yeah, yeah, me too."

I walked back up the hill onto the road, continuing where I left off, beginning my journey to Marukyu Tofu. Once I made it to the shopping district, I noticed a familiar man in a suit walking out of Marukyu's store. I quickly rushed inside, seeing a defeated-looking elderly woman.

Y/N: "Is everything alright, Marukyu-san?"

Marukyu: "Huh, oh Y/N-kun. Everything is alright."

Y/N: "You don't have to lie to me; I'm willing to listen and understand."

She seemed reluctant to release everything out to me.

Y/N: "Please. I don't want to see you like this."

She just sighed before walking over to the doors, shutting them, and putting a close sign up.

Marukyu: "Come with me, I'll explain everything upstairs."

She went behind the counter leading to the back of the building before moving a purple curtain to the side, revealing some stairs leading up to the second floor of the building.

Insanity: 'She lives up here. Why did we never think about that?'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Never crossed the old noggin.'

I followed her up the stairs until we reached what seemed to be a living room filled with pictures of many people. Someone in the pictures felt familiar to me; however, I didn't pay any attention to it, having more important matters to focus on. Soon, we stood next to a couch and chair that sat by itself to the side, near a table facing towards a television. The television looked new, which is pretty surprising for how quiet the tofu business can be on most days. 

Marukyu: "Do you want anything to drink?"

Y/N: "No, I'm fine."

Marukyu: "Well then... To the main point, I suppose. That man came back to propose that idea again and I'm contemplating it. I can't keep this business alive, especially with Junes. I can't form the same profits to form a sustainable income till I'm too old to move."

Y/N: "Then how are you living your life as you do now?"

Marukyu: "That's all because of my granddaughter. She's around your age and makes a lot of money."

Y/N: "So she buys stuff for you."

Marukyu: "It's more like charity."

Y/N: "There's nothing wrong with that. I may still be young and don't have the nihilism coursing through my brain yet, but I see nothing wrong with free stuff."

Marukyu: "But I shouldn't be the one relying on her. It should be the other way around."

Y/N: "Traditionally, most probably; however, I don't think that's always the case. Take me, for example. I technically own all my family's ancestorial fortune; however, I help the good side of my family."

Marukyu: "Do you still have family issues?"

Y/N: "It only got worse. But anyway, my main point still stands. It's alright to have help from your family. Younger or older, you're supposed to be there for each other, and I'm sure she can understand your position and wants to help. She clearly loves you very much, so she must want to be able to fall back to you."

Marukyu: "Ah... Thank you Y/N-kun."

I saw her lips warp from a frown to a smile. 

Y/N: "You love this business, right?"

Marukyu: "I love it very much."

Y/N: "Then if that guy ever comes back, call me, and I'll come knocking."

Marukyu: "You've changed so much since you were little; however, I can still see that little kid."

Y/N: "Is that good or bad?"

Marukyu: "Your case is good. You still are that considerate boy that can cheer up someone's day."

Y/N: "Am I now."

Marukyu: "I'm sure. I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend yet. Are you not interested at the moment?"

I groaned in my head, not wanting to discuss my love life with her.

Insanity: 'She's told us the truth so far. Wouldn't it be wrong to hide this from her?'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Being a pain today, but you're not wrong.'

Y/N: "Well, I did. However, I guess it was never meant to be."

Marukyu: "What happen?"

Y/N: "She was with some other guy, going at it, by the way, sucking face, so I recorded it and confronted her. The look in her eyes back then was all just sorrow and disgust. It didn't make sense why she looked at herself with those painful eyes; it was like she hated herself. I guess I didn't understand her enough, but it ended that day. A week later, I went to school with eyes piercing into my every move. I just thought I was really sweaty, but immediately, when I went over to my friends, they asked if I was a virgin."

Marukyu: "Out of curiosity, are you?"

Y/N: "God, no. I replied to them that the last time my hands touched a vagina was when the world found me. You know, I got to wait for the Lord's protection of commitment; my friends just sighed at me and called me a loser. Then they took me to a more private area and explained that I was accused of rape by my ex."

Marukyu: "How despicable to fabricate those lies and thrust them upon you."

Y/N: "She's pretty bad at making lies."

Marukyu: "How so?"

Y/N: "She provided the dates of when I raped her and all of them; I wasn't even in the same country as her. She says I raped her for two weeks. I was in Mongolia with boys for two weeks, getting my pilot's license. Though she never talks about it, her parents always keep adding to the fire. I hate that my mother was right about them."

Marukyu: "They normally are, so take it into account next time."

Y/N: "Will do... Anyway, then it reached the press, and it was not a good week to be alive. So I went the rest of the year receiving hate from the people at school and the outside world; however, some connected the dots."

Marukyu: "Is that the reason why you're in Japan?"

Y/N: "Yes, it is. I'll return to Australia late next year after she graduates to be trailed. I made that request so we both could have a normal high school life before we stress about the trial, of course, with the other parties' agreement."

Marukyu: "You prolonged it so she doesn't get hate from her colleagues once you are proven innocent."

Y/N: "Maybe... I don't know, I couldn't just hurt her, the person I thought loved me."

Marukyu: "You're too kind."

Y/N: "Yeah, I know. That's why I left a guy in a trash can on the first try to neutralise my good heart."

Marukyu: "How rude of you; what did the other person say?"

Y/N: "Don't worry, we're friends now after helping out of the second trash can he got stuck in."

Marukyu: "You never seem to stop surprising me, Y/N."

Y/N: "You and me both."

The tower arcand descended from the sky.

Arcana: 'Thou aren't I... And I am thou... Thou hast increase their bond... It brings thou closer to the truth... Thou hast increased the Tower arcana to their fifth level.'

The card disintegrated into the atmosphere. I continued to have a conversation with Marukyu, reflecting on the past. Soon, though, I left to go back home; however, the first thing I saw as I left the store was Dojima and Yu talking outside the gas station, with Adachi parking a scooter next to them. 

 As I approached them, I began hearing what they were discussing.

Dojima: "I came to put gas in it, but I wasn't expecting to hand it over today, too..."

Yu: "Does that mean?"

Dojima: "I'm letting you have it."

Yu: "This is a nice bike."

Dojima: "You can tell? The local shops don't carry twist grips, so I had one of the repair guys at work help me out with it in secret. Ah... Don't tell anyone that, okay?"

I could feel the passion Dojima had for the scooter.

Adachi: "You're always so strict at the station, but you're a cool dad inside, huh?"

Dojima: "Shut up, Adachi!"

Adachi: "You always yell at me... Still, I wish we had a sleek means of transportation like that. Who knows when that suspicious guy will show up again? Hasn't he been using professional-quality cameras to take pictures of people's houses from the Amagi Inn to around here? Looks like he knows the back streets too, so a car won't be--"

Dojima: "Will you stop blabbering like that!? Go back to the car!"

Adachi hastily rushed over to Dojima's car and entered the passenger side of the car.

Dojima: "Well... anyway. I was around your age when I got my license, too. I took the test behind my parents' back. When my dad caught me riding a scooter, later on, he gave me a good thrashing."

Dojima let out a hearty chuckle, reminiscing on his past.

Dojima: "Don't tell Nanako about that, okay? Since I've already given the okay, I won't bug you about traffic laws. Just be safe when you're riding it. You do that, and I'll look the other way if you decide to ride it out of town. Can you promise me?"

Yu: "Of course."

Dojima: "Good. I'll hold you to that."

I decided it was a good time to walk over and introduce myself.

Y/N: "Hey, nice seeing both of you here."

Dojima: "Y/N, what are you doing here?"

Y/N: "I was spending time with a friend. What are you two doing?"

Dojima: "I was just giving Yu my old scooter."

Y/N: "Still looks brand new."

Dojima: "Thanks. I've been taking care of it for a while now."

Y/N: "You fine if I get a motorcycle as well."

Dojima: "It would be unfair if I didn't. What do you have in mind? Because I'll help pay for some of it."

Y/N: "No worries. I plan to ask a friend if I can borrow theirs since they won't most likely be able to drive it as much as they want."

Dojima: "As long as you have their permission, that's fine by me."

Y/N: "Thanks Dojima."

Dojima: "Sorry that I have to cut this short, but I've got to head back to work now. You can park this girl out front. Drive safe."

Dojima walked over to the car that Adachi got in earlier and drove off.

Y/N: "I'm right to presume you passed, correct?"

Yu: "Yeah."

Y/N: "Congratulations. When are you and Yosuke planning to head out of town."

Yu: "15th. Is that enough time for you to get your friend's bike?"

Y/N: "Plenty. Though I should call her now in case she declines."

Yu: "Okay, I guess I'll see you back home then."

Y/N: "Yeah."

Yu hopped on his new scooter and revved the engine before getting into the gist of it and smoothly exiting the gas station. I sighed and began moving on foot back home. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts during the walk before reaching Mitsuru. I waited for Mitsuru to answer her phone and was beginning to believe she wouldn't after 4 seconds; however, she eventually picked up.

Mitsuru: "Hello, Mitsuru speaking."

Y/N: "Hey Mitsuru. It's me again."

Mitsuru: "What's the pleasure you got for me today?"

Y/N: "Um... I got a question, and it pertains to your motorcycle."

Mitsuru: "What interest do you have with it?"

Y/N: "How often have you been using it?"

Mitsuru: "Unfortunately, I've been advised not to drive it as much. Why are you asking?"

Y/N: "Well, since you're not able to drive. What if I take care of it? I've got nice, quiet roads that I can drive around to ensure the battery doesn't go out. If it breaks, I can always repair it again."

Mitsuru: "I don't know, Y/N. It's still equipped with all the Tartarus gear. How will Dojima-san react?"

Y/N: "He seemed fine with the idea. The Tartarus gear could just be classed as a radio, and there would be no more questioning."

Mitsuru: "Y/N... I did give you the keys to it, so it's as much as yours as mine. I'll be able to bring it over by the twelfth."

Y/N: "Really. Thank you, Mitsuru."

Mitsuru: "It's alright. I guess it's me returning the favour."

Y/N: "Returning what favour."

Mitsuru: "You helped me end my relationship with my ex-fiance and stand up for me. My younger self was ashamed for not being able to prevent such a horrid marriage on my own; however, your honest words made me realise and regain the strength to stand up for myself. Not just for me but for the people who care for me." 

Y/N: "I... I did not have that intention, but I'm glad it helped you regain that fight in you... Hey, do you have time to talk and catch up?"

Mitsuru: "Of course."

I stopped my walk back home and just sat on the curb.

Y/N: "Thanks... I've been missing you and the other's company."

Mitsuru: "I am, too, but time doesn't wait." 

Y/N: "How's Shinji?"

Mitsuru: "He's recovering at a remarkable pace. The Kirijo Group has also patterned the design that should reverse the effect of the persona repression medication Shinjiro took."

Y/N: "So that'll mean he won't die soon?"

Mitsuru: "Correct. However, it is still in the testing phase."

Y/N: "I'm sure Akihiko was happy."

Mitsuru: "To my knowledge, he still doesn't know."

Y/N: "Why's that?"

Mitsuru: "We haven't been able to keep in contact with him. He's currently travelling across Japan in an attempt to get stronger."

Y/N: "I've been in pretty good contact with him recently. It's mainly just edits on his training workouts and his... questionable choice of food. Do you want me to send him the news about Shinjiro?"

Mitsuru: "That would be most delightful. How is Inaba? I heard about the recent murders."

I clicked my tongue to my teeth as Mitsuru mentioned the murders. Not wanting to reveal my involvement in trying, I thought quickly of some neutral argument that wouldn't raise suspicion.

Y/N: "Yeah; however, they seemed to have calmed down recently with the police on high alert."

Mitsuru: "That's good, at least. All that matters is that it ends."

Y/N: "I agree with that. So, how's the business going?"

Mitsuru: "I don't have full control since the board says I'm too young; however, I still have influence and respect within the company."

Y/N: "That's good. Treat your employees right, and everything will go right. That's what someone said to me."

Mitsuru: "I'll keep that in mind."

We continued talking for a couple more minutes before I had to end the call so I could head back home so Yu and Nanako wouldn't start worrying. 

Time skip 12/6/16 Dojima Residence.

I was studying in the living room with Nanako beside me, doing her own homework. Chie called me and asked if I could hang out; however, I informed her that I had to stay home and wait for something. She seemed disappointed initially but understood where I came from and told me to have a nice day.

Around midday, there was still no sign of Mitsuru's bike arriving. I thought it was peculiar knowing Mitsuru was one to make sure things arrived in the morning for comfort. However, nothing. I was making a sandwich for myself, but the doorbell was suddenly pressed, causing me to quickly finish the sandwich and rush to the door. I opened the door and was greeted by a red-haired woman.

Y/N: "Mitsuru? What are you doing here?"

I was surprised, to say at least, seeing Mitsuru standing across me across the door. 

Mitsuru: "I told you that I would bring my motorcycle."

Insanity: 'She never did specify if it was someone else.'

Y/N: "Do you want to come inside?"

Mitsuru: "Sure. Though I won't be able to stay for long."

Y/N: "I'll take what I can get."

Mitsuru gained a faint smile on her lips while I moved out of the doorway, allowing her to enter. I guided her into the living where Nanako was sitting. Once Nanako saw Mitsuru, she looked down at her homework, shy from the woman.

Y/N: "Hey, it's alright, Nanako. She's a friend."

Nanako: "Okay... Who's she, big bro?"

Mitsuru: "I'm Mitsuru Kirijo. I have been friends with Y/N since we were kids."

Y/N: "She's here to give me something."

Nanako: "Okay..."

Y/N: "Do you need help with homework?"

Nanako: "No. I've finished."

Y/N: "You understand everything?"

She nodded her head with a hum before standing up to her feet.

Nanako: "I'm going to see if my friends are free."

Y/N: "Okay. Stay safe."

Nanako: "I will. See you soon, big bro."

Nanako withdrew from her home, leaving just Mitsuru and me.

Mitsuru: "So that's Nanako. She seems very responsible for her age."

Y/N: "More responsible than Junpei when we first met him."

Mitsuru: "True; however, he has grown a lot since then."

Y/N: "I am not going to deny that. How's everything with Chidori?"

Mitsuru: "She seems perfectly fine."

Y/N: "Has Junpei told her what happened yet?"

Mitsuru: "He's told her some important aspects, but she does has a squelching feeling in her stomach when being told about the Dark Hour."

Y/N: "I think that's for the better."

Mitsuru: "We all agreed with that. However, she is beginning to remember the times she spent with Iori in the hospital."

Y/N: "They're both lucky to have each other."

Mitsuru: "Quite. How have your studies been?"

Y/N: "Not as easy, but that's what I get for handing away my own AI. Still near the top of the class, though."

Mitsuru: "Good. You don't have an excuse to fail this time."

Y/N: "Well, besides the fact that I'm trying to find my sister."

Mitsuru: "Yes. That's true, I suppose. How is that fairing?"

Y/N: "I've got no leads. It's just the murders."

Mitsuru: "They still haven't found the murderer?"

Y/N: "Yeah. It was a massive thing at school for a while. However, the fear the public has had for a while is beginning to return to normal."

Mitsuru: "All we can do is hope that the murderer is caught."

Y/N: "Yeah... So, how's your life been?"

Mitsuru: "Stressful... This is one of the only breaks I've had in a while."

Y/N: "I thought the Kirijo group was letting you progress into your CEO role."

Mitsuru: "They are, but I'm currently working on creating another organisation to prevent more teenagers from being in similar situations as we were last year."

Insanity: 'Well, this is an interesting predicament.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Yeah. Don't really want her to know about the TV world so soon after the Fall.'

Y/N: "Why are you pitching this idea to me like you're asking for shareholders? I fully support your decision to make this organisation; however, whose support do you have in this project?"

Mitsuru: "Currently, Hamuko, Yukari, Yamagishi, and Aigis. However, only Hamuko and Aigis want to pursue this as a full-time occupation."

Y/N: "Of course. With all they went through, I can't blame them. What about the others?"

Mitsuru: "They're hesitant... Iori doesn't want to experience the Dark Hour again but does not oppose the idea. Shinjiro is more resistant to the idea... he doesn't want anything to do with that past. On the other hand, Ken is interested but wants to focus on his studies."

Y/N: "And Aki is being difficult at the moment."

Mitsuru: "That's certainly one way of viewing it. So, do you want to join?

Y/N: "I'm going to have to pass. This organisation will most likely need to be supported by the government to operate nationwide. Being a founding member would not let the government have trust in this organisation any more than what they'll most probably have. The best I can do is be there for emergencies."

Mitsuru: "I understand. Your support is more than enough, though."

Y/N: "Sorry."

Mitsuru: "It's alright. I knew it would be a stretch until you find her."

Y/N: "Yeah... Soon."

Mitsuru was about to say something when her phone abruptly interrupted her. I nodded my head at Mitsuru as she answered her phone while walking away. I was left to ponder by myself until the voice inside my head spoke. 

Insanity: 'The sandwich is still on the table.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Oh yeah. Forgot about that.'

I hastily got up, walked over to the table, and identified the sandwich sitting on its lonesome. Before I could bite into it, I was halted by the Ice Queen of Execution.

Mitsuru: "I'm sorry, but I must cut my time short. Please tell Jess I said hello."

Y/N: "Of course."

Mitsuru: "Au revoir!"

She left the house as I finally took a bite out of my sandwich.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'This was not worth the wait.'

Time skip 15/6/16 After School, Dojima Resident

No one knew about Mitsuru's visit besides Nanako and Dojima. Dojima called to ask whose bike was occupying the garden space, to which I told him it was mine, causing the older man to sigh. However, today was the day Yosuke's plan was to come to fruition. After school, we all went home immediately and grabbed our bikes to meet at Okina Station.

It was finally my time to show off. When Yu asked if my bike got here in time, I wheeled Mitsuru's motorcycle from the garden, surprising the grey-haired teen. However, we could not talk pleasantries just yet. We had to meet up with the others so I could horribly watch them fail. So, with little notice, I got on my motorcycle and drove off with Yu to the gas station.

Once we parked, I stood next to Yu so we could both work on a crossword together. It wasn't long until Yosuke arrived on a slimmer yellow scooter than Dojima's old bike. 

Yosuke: "Hey Narukami, Y/N!"

He parked next to Yu's and removed his helmet.

Yosuke: "Sorry for being a little late. This bike is running short on gas. I hope you don't mind me refilling."

Yu: "That's fine."

Yosuke went over to the pump and began refilling his scooter. He looked around the station before staring at me.

Yosuke: "So where's your bike, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Oh, it's right there."

I pointed towards my Motorcycle while keeping my eyes on the crossword.

Yosuke: "That's your bike! What the hell? Why didn't you tell us what kind of bike your friend had."

Y/N: "I thought it was irrelevant."

Yosuke: "Irrelevant, my ass! That's an actual motorcycle... You'll show us off if you're there with us."

Y/N: "If you want, I could park away from you guys?"

Yosuke: "No, then it's unfair to leave you out. Partner and I will figure something out. Got any ideas."

Yu: "Maybe check out some of the stores while we watch over our bikes."

Yosuke: "Dude, we're still leaving him out."

Y/N: "I don't mind actually. I'm only going because I want to keep an eye on you and talk to you guys. So doing a little shopping won't hurt a bit. I'm not the one to hit on girls at the moment."

Yosuke: "Saving yourself for her, ay. That makes sense, I guess. It's the only reasonable option we have where Yu and I won't get totally ignored. So are we ready?"

Yu: "Yeah."

Y/N: "Let's get going, shall we."

A ringing bell caught my attention as we hopped on our bikes and started our engines. I turned around and noticed Kanji on his bike peddling over. 

Kanji: "Hey, Senpai! Wait up!"

Yosuke: "Does he really think he can keep up?"

Yu: "I admire the determination."

Kanji: "Huh, thanks Senpai. Sorry, I'm late. I had to help Ma with something. Nice scooters you got and an awesome motorcycle, Y/N-senpai."

Yu: "Thanks, I washed her yesterday."

Yosuke: "Is this just going to be all afternoon."

Y/N: "Thanks Kanji. I've got to say that you also got some nice wheels."

Kanji: "Thanks Senpai. Anyway, let's get going before sunset."

Yosuke: "Yeah. Good luck keeping up, Kanji."

Yosuke rode off, which caused the rest of us to follow behind since he was the only person who knew where he was going. For the majority of the drive, Yosuke was up front, with Yu closely behind, while I stayed near Kanji to keep him company.

Soon, we arrived at Okina Station. Yu and Yosuke were already parked when Kanji and I arrived at the station. We both parked our bikes next to our friends' scooters.

Kanji: "That was a breeze! It's no keepin' up with a couple of guys still gettin' used to their scooters."

Yosuke: "Psh! If I hadn't run out of gas back there, we'd have left you in the dust! I shouldn't have cheaped out on gas just so I could have more money to fool around with."

Y/N: "Rookie mistake."

Kanji: "Y'know, I notice every time I come here, there's a lot of people around."

Yosuke: "Yeah, if we hang out around here, I bet someone will come talk to us!"

Kanji: "Actually, uh... mind if I head off for a bit? Since I came all the way to Okina, uhh... th-there's this craft shop... It's nothin'! I'm just sayin' I gotta go buy some stuff! Anyway, I'm gonna go do my own thing for a bit, so you guys get started without me!"

Yosuke: "Then... why'd he come with us?"

Yu: "Our plan's more important."

Yosuke: "You're right! Okay, let's get this plan underway!"

Y/N: "Welp, I'll get going now. I'll come check in on you guys in a bit... Do you need anything, Yu?"

Yu: "The only thing I need is some chicks."

Insanity: 'Damn, he's increasing his courage.'

Y/N: "Okay, I'll be going now. Call me if you need anything."

I walked away from the two of them and began exploring the city. I didn't notice anything too interesting, so I decided to walk into a space-themed burger to get something to eat. I didn't notice anything unusual with the restaurant; the cashier seemed to put on a fake smile and disposition. But, the line of work she made me believe it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Insanity: 'God, you're over-analysing too much.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Yeah, you're right.'

Once I finished my meal, I returned back outside, searching for another thing to do. 

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Do you think there's an arcade?'

Insanity: 'Most likely.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'I know what we'll do.'

After spending a little more time than necessary, I found an arcade. I was demolishing, to say the least; however, that came with a price. Beating kids - definitely a better choice of wording exists - in competitive fighting games.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Do you have a watch on you?'

Insanity: 'What, no? Why do you need that?' 

Y/N (Thoughts): 'You were there when the watch was made. What do you think I need it for?'

Insanity: 'Oh... Well... I can't think of a comeback for that. Anyway, it's been three hours.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Oh shit. I should go check on the others.'

Insanity: 'Yeah. You should. However...'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'We're going to check on them.'

Insanity: 'But we're killing it. You really want to lose this groove.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'No, but I have to be responsible.'

Insanity: 'Uhh, fine. Pussy.'

I left the arcade to make my way over to my friends.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'You should insult yourself like that. It's not good for your mental health.'

Insanity: 'You should listen to that advice.'

Insanity and I continued bantering until I reached a defeated-looking Yu and Yosuke next to a confused Kanji.

Y/N: "What happened over here?"

Yosuke: "What do you think happened?"

Y/N: "Clearly got a couple of numbers."

Yosuke: "Yeah, I wish. Nothing for three hours."

Yu: "It's been a drought for so long."

Y/N: "Welp, there's go your plan."

Yosuke: "H-Hold on! I'm sure if we hang around a little longer..."

Kanji: "Dude, the sun's gonna set... Maybe there's some holes in your plan after all."

Yu: "It's Yosuke's fault."

Yosuke: "It is!? Wow... I can't believe you said that!"

Kanji: "You said every guy needs a motorcycle, but that thing's a scooter. Does it, like, not matter what kind of motorcycle it is, as long as you got one?"

Yosuke: "Well... It's true that the ones I saw in the magazine were all big motorcycles, like Y/N's. But that's just how it goes! There's always a gap between a man's dream and cold, hard reality! I can't afford an expensive one, and I don't have anyone giving me theirs. A scooter's the best I could do!"

The three of them seemed down in the dumps while I acted like I wasn't there.

Kanji: "Senpai, can you give me ten minutes? I can't keep quiet after gettin' shut out like this. I'll avenge you guys!"

Yosuke: "This isn't a fight, you know."

Y/N: "Plus, you're making it sound like they died."

Yosuke: "Yeah. And what're you gonna do to avenge us? Hit on some girls?"

Kanji: "Hell yeah! How else would I fix this?"

Yosuke: "C'mon... We have motorbikes, and we failed. There's no way you could do better. Right?"

Yu: "Three minutes is all I need."

Yosuke+Kanji+Y/N: "What?"

Yu: "I bet I can do it in three minutes."

Yosuke: "Are you insane."

Y/N: "Yosuke's right; you can't just pick up girls in a matter of three minutes."

Yu: "We're wasting time. Let's get started!"

Kanji: "Way to go Senpai! Okay, if I lose, I'll run the town marathon in nothing but my shorts!"

Yu: "If I lose, I'll do the same wearing gag glasses!"

Y/N: "Keep that confidence; I'm beginning to believe you can pick up a girl in three minutes."

Yosuke: "If you're gonna take it that far, then maybe we should let Nanako-chan see you in just your shorts and gag glasses."

Insanity: 'That's kind of weird.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'That's worse humiliation than participating in that competition.'

Kanji: "So what's your punishment going to be, Y/N-Senpai."

Y/N: "Do I have to participate?"

They all looked at me with very stern glares.

Y/N: "Okay, I'll pay for everyone's gas for two months. Kanji, take me next when you get your materials; it will be on me."

Insanity: 'Are you trying to destroy your wallet?'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'It'll be cheaper than paying for everyone's drinks at a pub.'

Insanity: 'We should do that again, though.'

Y/N: "Is that good enough?"

Yosuke: "Yell, yeah, it is... Okay, let's meet up here again in an hour, okay?"

Yu/Kanji: "Right/Yo!"

Yosuke: "Let's go... Pickup Contest, ready... go!"

They all ran off immediately, leaving me by the bikes.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'So do you think they'll get anyone's number?'

Insanity: 'Funny joke there.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Come on, have some hope.'

Insanity: 'Maybe Kanji. Depends on the girl he runs into.'

I hummed in agreement before going over to my motorcycle and sitting down, continuing the crossword I started earlier.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'How school years are divided? Semesters.'

Insanity: 'Correlates with the rest of the board.'

As I looked at the other hints, I was interrupted by someone to my left. I turned my head over and noticed a shy girl holding her right arm.

Shy girl: "H-Hello. I'm sorry to be a nuisance. But can you help me..."

Y/N: "Yeah, sure. What's wrong?"

Shy Girl: "I-I didn't bring enough cash for the train b-back to Inaba... so I was wondering if I could... Ac-Actually, please forget everything."

Y/N: "Oh, you need cash, don't worry."

I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket and picked out five 10,000 Yen bills. I handed her the currency, causing her to begin to mumble.

Shy Girl: "T-Th-This i-is t-too much!"

Y/N: "Take it. You said you're taking the train to Inaba."

She just nodded her head.

Y/N: "Do you prephaps go to Yasogami?"

Shy Girl: "I-I do."

Y/N: "If you're ever in trouble, find me."

Shy Girl: "Huh...? I guess you are wearing the school uniform."

Y/N: "Yeah... Anyway, you got a train to catch. I'll see you around."

Shy Girl: "Ah... Yes... Goodbye."

Once she was a good distance away, I returned to my crossword.

Insanity: 'You should have asked for her number so you didn't have to face that punishment.'

Y/N: 'Oh shit, you're right. Anyway, there is nothing I can do now.'

Insanity: 'Not wrong. Typhoon is eight down.'

It wasn't long till I finished the crossword, leaving me to fiddle with the radio attached to the side of the bike. It wasn't long till an hour passed, and the sun began setting. Soon, the boys returned, with only one with a smile on his face.

Yosuke: "How'd it go?"

Kanji: "Not as well as I hoped."

Yosuke: "I thought so..."

Kanji: "Oh, but I did get a phone number from some chick who said to give her a call... Does that count?"

Insanity: 'Booyah Bitch! I fucking called it.'

Yosuke: "A girl hit on you!? What did she say!?"

Kanji: "Somethin' like it only costin' so much for an hour, I dunno... What was she talkin' about?"

Y/N: "You sweet innocent child."

Kanji: "I'm not innocent."

Yosuke: "Then, how dense are you!? There's no way that counts!"

Yosuke: "How about you, Narukami?"

Yu: "Nothing. I lost."

Yu fell to the ground, resting his back against his bike.

Kanji: "Are you okay, Senpai

Yosuke: "W-Well, I got myself a one number! Man, it wasn't easy, too. She was crazy hot. I just had to push myself a bit and go for a sexy, older woman. Time to give her a call! I hope you guys are ready for this."

Yosuke grabbed his phone and called the number he got.

Yosuke: "Hello? It's me!"

Girl's voice: "Yosuke-kun?"

Yosuke: "Yep! The guy who asked out on a motorcycle ride! Man, I can't wait. Huh? You know my name? Did I tell you?"

Girl's voice: "Of course I know your name. We go to the same school."

Y/N (Thoughts): 'That'll explain why she doesn't adultish.'

Yosuke: "We do? That's impossible. I mean, you... Wait... that voice..."

Girl's voice: "This is Hanako Ohtani. Who did you think I was? How'd you get my number?"

Yosuke immediately hung up the call with a defined ball of sweat from above his panicked eyes.

Yosuke: "Oh God, I am in such deep shit... D-Did I call the wrong number? O-One more try!"

He brought his phone up to his ear again.

Yosuke: "Hello? It's me!"

Hanako?: "Yeah, I know who you are. You really want to go on a date with me that much?"

Yosuke could have convinced me he did quick draw in his spare time because of how fast he pulled his phone away from his ear and ended the call.

Kanji: "What the hell was that? It sounded like a fiend from the pits of the earth... I could feel a chill go down my spine..."

Yosuke: "Forget about it... for your own sake. This number is dangerous... It's better that you don't know what that was."

Insanity: 'Why do I hear battle music rising.'

Hanako: "Oh, you guys..."

We all turned our heads around to see a large girl staring at us in the corner of a hedge plant.

Insanity: 'It upgraded to boss music.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'What the Fuck are you talking about? It is creepy that she is somewhat stalking us, though.'

She began walking over and primarily stared at Yosuke.

Yosuke: "Hanako...san!? Why're you here?"

Hanako: "The countryside's no place for a girl like me. I was taking a walk when I suddenly got a phone call."

Insanity: 'Was she though.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Dude. Not when she's in front of me!'

 Hanako: "You're really into me, aren't you? A motorcycle date, huh..."

She looked over towards Yosuke's yellow scooter.

Y/N (thoughts)+Insanity: 'Oh no.'

Hanako: "Well, if you want to take a ride that bad, I'll go with you. Hehe."

She got closer to Yosuke's bike, causing him to raise his hands frantically in a way to signal her to stop.

Yosuke: "W-Wait!"

However, it was too late. She was already airborne. One second later, a clanking noise could be heard as she landed on his bike, causing both wheels to pop out and some other components to break off.

Yosuke: "N-Nooooooooooooo!"

Yosuke fell to his hands and knees, tears forming in his eyes.

Yosuke: "M-My motorcycle!"

A chatter formed among the surrounding citizens as they watched my friend break down.

Hanako: "What's with this scooter? It's broken. If you want to take me out, you've gotta do better than that. The best girls don't go steady for nothing, you know. You need to make an effort."

She jumped off the bike and had the hops since she reached around a hole 97cm from the bike, which also caused the bike to hit the ground and a pretty good recreation of the Source engine vehicle hitting wall sound. Then she walked, disappointed in Yosuke's attempt.

Yosuke: "Am I cursed...? Did I insult a Sanka or something...?"

Yu: "Let's just go home."

Yosuke: "Ha...haha... Easy for you to say. I don't even have a way to get home now..."

Kanji: "Senpai... You fought well. I was totally moved by all that. C'mon, hop on behind me, I'll get you back home safe."

Y/N: "If it'll make you any happier, I'll pay for the repairs."

Yosuke: "Really?"

Y/N: "Yeah, it's the least I can do."

Yosuke got up from the ground, looking a little better and sat behind Kanji on the sewer's bike.

Kanji: "Whoa... Up close and personal...! I get it now! So this is what your plan was about!"

Yosuke: "Oh, you don't get anything! And you're freaking me out! And dude, it's against the law to have two people on a bike...! It's okay... just put an end to this suffering already..."

Yu and I got on our bikes and took Yosuke to the station, where I paid for his ticket because I felt bad for him enough as it was. We said our goodbyes, and Yu, Kanji, and I rode together back home to Inaba. 

I am sorry. In the last chapter, I lied to you all. I said that this chapter would focus on the school camping trip; instead, I failed you guys. I never wanted to break your trust; I just wasn't ready for the future. A future I should have committed to. I even failed to release this on time. I hope you can forgive me for my misfortunes and accept me with the same trust you had for me before this grave error. I can assure you that the next chapter will focus on the school camping trip. I hope you can forgive me and continue to enjoy this story.

I also started planning the P5 story, so that's a part of my excuse.

wordcount *8400*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 375 39
A young man with a mystery had been enrolled in a top school. After a life full of pain, and darkness held deeper down, he would have to come to term...
66.9K 764 19
After a year of inactivity The Phantom Thieves meet with a new Persona user who points them in the direction of an old threat that has resurfaced. S...
22 0 24
Medical Examiner Geun Namkyu is fresh out of school and has just closed his tenth case. Suddenly his brother goes missing and while the police look f...
437 22 9
Iroha thought she had a normal life, she has a "Happy Family" with her "Mother" and two "Sisters", however even if she could not leave Takarazaki Cit...