Could Soccer Save Me? || Inaz...

By honigirix

A girl who puts up a facade tries to find her true self by attempting to play soccer. Made in October 2023. I... More

~Introducton~
~[Name]'s Playlist~
Prologue
Chapter 1: Soccer is...Okay
Chapter 2: Club
Chapter 4: The Beautiful Warm Lies
Chapter 5: Snow
Chapter 6: [Name]'s First Day In the Soccer Club
Chapter 7: A Hopeless Game
Chapter 8: We Won, But...
Chapter 9: Good Girl
Chapter 10: The Unsightly Cold Truth

Chapter 3: Hope

208 12 9
By honigirix

I couldn't watch the soccer club play matches for a few days because I had to go volunteer a hospital after school. It was a good thing I can choose what day and time I can help. I planned out my schedule.

I was assigned to help out at the Inazuma General Hospital for a few days. The doctors and nurses were very kind to me. They told me to do simple tasks like writing notes about patient's illness or injuries, or watching over and supporting them. They also taught me the basics in health.

The nurses assigned me to help an older boy. They informed me he had leg injuries from when he was young teen.

"Oh, that's terrible. He's been bedridden here since he was child?" I reconfirmed with the nurse.

"That's right." The nurse nodded. We stopped when we got the patient's door. She opened the door to let me in first. "I'll introduce you to him..."

————————————————————

After working in the hospital for an hour and a half, I went back to my house. I told my mother about my day at the dinner table.

The next day I was running an errand for an acquaintance of mine from homeroom after school. I was walking calmly until I saw Matsukaze and Nishizono practicing head bumps on a soccer ball at the riverbank grounds. They were working very hard.

I put my hand on my chest. I started to realize every time I watch Matsukaze practice soccer, it kinda makes me want to join the soccer club. I didn't realize my eyes started to glimmer when I looked at Matsukaze.

I closed my eyes. 'Maybe I can find what I'm looking for.' I opened my eyes.

"Okay, I will join the soccer club." I nodded my head to myself. "He gives me...hope. I guess he might be right after all."

I snapped out of it when the duo ran towards the school. My eyes became empty-looking.

After my errands, I went back to the school and saw the Raimon soccer club practicing at the soccer field. Nishizono and Matsukaze were happy they accomplished something. I saw the soccer coach walk towards the benches. I thought it was the right time to sign up.

I took a deep breath and let it out. I walked down the stairs to the soccer field.

[Third POV]

Shindou was talking to Kirino on the bench. Matsukaze and Nishizono were excitedly talking about something on the field. Everyone else seems like they were in a good mood at the end of practice.

"Greetings everyone." [Name] waved her hand with a smile as she walks to them. "I'm sorry to interrupt."

The Raimon club stopped what they were doing and turned their head to look at the [hair color]-haired girl, who was walking up to them.

"Isn't that..." Kirino trailed off to Shindou.

Matsukaze looked at her and kinda recognized her from the other day, during the end of his soccer exam. "Who's she?"

"Yukihina-san?" Shindou questions as he walks past Matsukaze, catching his attention. "What are you doing here?"

Everyone else followed Shindou to see what was going on. Coach Endou, Otonashi, and the three managers watches them from the benches.

"Ah, Shindou-san, Kirino-san. I understand that this may be sudden, but I was wondering if I could join the soccer club?" [Name] says.

Shindou and Kirino were a little surprised at her request while the other players were confused.

"Huh?" Kirino replied in bewildered.

"Really?" Shindou questions, a little surprised as well.

"Is something the matter?" [Name] kindly asked as she looked confused at their expressions. She looked behind her classmates to see their teammates. She also realized they were all guys. "Oh, I get it now. Is this the boys' soccer team?" She assumes.

"No, actually, this team is for everyone." Kirino answers.

"We were just surprised because we didn't know you were interested in soccer, Yukihina-san." Shindou then smiles a little, to be kind to his classmate. "We always see you studying and helping others during homeroom."

"You guys noticed that? I don't mind helping others out when they need it." [Name] smiles back at the two.

While the three were talking to each other, the other teammates were whispering to one another.

"Yukihina-san? I wonder who she is." Nishizono looks up at Matsukaze to see if he has anything to say.

"Whoever she is, she's pretty...!" Hamano butted in. Hayami had a 'really dude?' look on his face towards his friend, but he agrees with him.

Matsukaze thought she was beautiful too but he still had questions all over his mind. He walks a little closer to Shindou. "Shindou-senpai, who is that?"

Shindou turns around, forgetting introductions. "Right. This is Yukihina [Name]. She's in the same class as me and Kirino. She's known to be polite and reliable in class. She's very well-known."

[Name] lightly chuckles. "I'm glad to hear you guys think of me that way. Hello everyone, it's nice to finally meet all of you. I came here to join this club." She faces Shindou. "May I join? I do have some experience. I used to play soccer in elementary school, but only because it was mandatory."

"Sure, but you will need to fill out a form and talk to Coach Endou. And you will also need to do an exam as well." Shindou informs her the steps.

"I understand. Thank you." [Name] bows as a respect. Matsukaze and Nishizono turns their head towards each other.

"You hear that, Shinsuke?" With shine in his eyes, Matsukaze excitedly says to Nishizono. "We might be getting a new member! The team is almost complete!"

"Right! This day is the best!" Nishizono adds happily.

[Name] glanced at Matsukaze and saw the passion in his eyes. "Hm..." She hummed to herself quietly, before walking to Coach Endou. She didn't notice the suspiciously questionable look on Shindou's face at her.

"Hello, you're Coach Endou, right?" [Name] asks politely.

"That's me!" Coach Endou answers with a grin. "You must love soccer, huh, [Name]?"

"Love soccer...?" She repeats the question. She slightly tilts her head to the side and had this reluctant look on her face for a split second before smiling as usual. "I like it." She simply says. "It's a nice game. I understand the basics, sir."

Coach Endou was going to let her join even without an exam, until he had this suspicion about [Name] when she answered. Since he was a nice and an outgoing coach, he gives her chance.

"All right, what position do you play as?"

'Do I have to choose...? I don't actually care...' [Name] thought, almost mindlessly.

"Hmm, I don't mind what position I play in. I'm fine with whatever's open. Even being manager or a benchwarmer is alright with me." She answers in a polite tone. "I just want to be able to support this team as much as I can."

"Huh, okay then! Well since you don't mind, we need more players, so I like to see what you can do today. Your skills, athleticism, and such, ya know?"

"Right now?" Otonashi, the advisor for the club, blinked in surprise. The team looks at their coach for his reply.

"Yep, right now." He answered.

"I'm fine with that." [Name] nodded her head and agreed with him. 'Mom isn't going to be back from work for a few hours. She doesn't have to worry.'

She heads towards the field, going to the bench [Name] [tied/clipped] her hair to the side.

"[Name], was it...?" Someone approached her from behind.

"Hm?" She turned around to see Matsukaze.

"A-Ah! Sorry, I-I meant Yukihina-senpai." He rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed that he almost disrespected an upperclassman by mistake.

"Oh, it's okay!" [Name] smiles happily-looking. "I don't mind being called by my given name. I mean, we are about to become teammates, unless I somehow fail..." She gives him a sad-looking smile.

"Hey, I think you're gonna be awesome out there! And Coach Endou will probably accept you. He's such a great coach! Anyway, y-you can do it!" He finished his pep talk with her.

"Hehe, thanks Tenma!" [Name] brightens up her grin.

"Oh! How do you know my name already?" Tenma questions.

"You did try to save the soccer club on your first day, right? Lots of people know you from that, unless calling you your given name is too much..."

"Nah, that's okay. I don't mind it either. Everyone on the team calls me my given name too." He answered.

Coach Endou blew the whistle. The players began going in their position on the field. [Name] stood in front of the ball, in the middle of the field. But only Shindou was standing next to Coach Endou and Kirino was back on the bench, since he was still hurt from the last match.

"Now [Name], your objective is to make at least make three goals. Your opponents will be everyone but Captain Shindou and Kirino." Coach Endou stated.

"How come Captain Shindou isn't joining?" Tenma asks.

"Since we're both in the same class, I am familiar with her abilities during PE, and vice versa." Shindou answers him.

Shinsuke raises his small hand. "Um, isn't eight players a little too much for one newcomer? Me and Tenma had to go against twelve players but that was only because there were other three people, right...?"

"I'll be okay. I appreciate your concern, Shinsuke," [Name] assures him. "Just because I have a very little experience in soccer, doesn't mean I'm terrible."

Shinsuke looked up at her in awe, including Kirino. 'I like her confidence.' They both thought.

"If everyone is ready, we'll start [Name]'s exam!" Coach Endou interrupted.

[Name] mentally sighed. 'Soccer has been following me around lately. I understand their capability. I hope...this works out.'

Coach Endou blew the whistle. [Name]'s soccer entrance exam commenced.

————————————————————

[Author Notes]:

• This chapter takes place on half of episode 14.

• I'll try to make longer chapters.

• This is before Nishizono Shinsuke realizes his hissatsu technique.

• To be honest, I really don't know how long part-time jobs are so I made the time up lol

• I went to another con. I bought stickers, a Wanderer poster, a Xiao poster, keychains, and Wanderer, Xiao, and Alhaitham photocards, all from Genshin Impact. I bought a cute König keychain too, though I haven't played CoD. I just find König hot lmao

- I wanted to buy some Project Sekai keychains but my card got declined even though I had lots of money.

- For some reason, I wanted to find LEGO Ninjago and Inazuma Eleven stuff. Obviously, Ninjago isn't an anime and IEGO isn't that popular but so still hoping to find some.

• [Edit (01/11/2024): I removed a small scene that I added.]

• If there's any mistakes or if something doesn't make sense, please tell me. I sometimes don't edit properly and I wrote this at night.

• 1,848 words.

————————————————————

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.1K 38
Y/N is a girl with a double personality. She is a really caring girl. But when her other self came to surface, she turns violent and rude. Not only t...
2.5K 140 17
❝ πƒπ€π‘π‹πˆππ†, π–π‡πˆπ‹π„ 𝐖𝐄 π†πŽπ“ 𝐀 π†πŽπŽπƒ π“π‡πˆππ†, 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 π“π€π‹πŠ π€ππŽπ”π“ π’πŽπŒπ„ πƒπ”πŒπ π’π‡πˆπ“, π‹π˜πˆππ† 𝐈𝐍 π˜πŽπ”π‘ 𝐀�...
30.5K 1.4K 25
A little into their second year of high school, the Raimon Soccer Club were on their way to the Holy Road finals. Then the car veers off the path, an...
73.1K 2.9K 37
⚠️English isn't my main language! Be warned of bad grammar! - (Books cover art: not found the creator please dm me if you know the artist who did th...