The Heartless Billionaire (EB...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains Mature Scenes, and lots of swearing. LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK... More

A Letter from the Author
Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Accident and the Funeral
Chapter 2: Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 3: Facing your Fears
Chapter 4: The First Day with the Brute!
Chapter 5: The Dinner
Chapter 6: The Choice (Resisting Love)
Chapter 7: Life Without Love
Chapter 8: The Charity Ball
Chapter 9: Loving you secretly..
Chapter 10: Two Broken Heart
Chapter 11: The Confession of two hearts
Chapter 12: The new found friendship
Chapter 13: The blissful relationship
Chapter 14: Love is in the Air
Not an Update
Chapter 15: Party with Friends
Chapter 16: The Conflict between the sexes
Chapter 18: The mistakable Deception
Chapter 19: Coming Back
Chapter 20: The Surprise Visit
Chapter 21: Love Hurt
Chapter 22: Love is a cycle..
Chapter 23: The Business Condition
Chapter 24: The Heartless Goodbye
Chapter 25: Escaping Reality
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Author's Note
Chapter 27: Tracking her down
Chapter 28: The familiar feelings..
Chapter 29: The Sudden Proposal
Chapter 30: The Wedding Arrangement
Not an update
Chapter 31: The Wedding Day
Epilogue
A Bonus Chapter: The Runaway Bride

Chapter 17: When Pride Takes Over

119K 4K 85
By MsDreamerGirl84

"Love is not how much you say 'I Love You', but how much you can prove that's true!" - Anonymous

(Unedited)
Zandros' POV

As soon as Nicolas parked the car, I jumped out of his car, not bothering to wait for him. I walk briskly to the bar and into the entrance door. The bouncer recognized me and without a word he welcomed us with a nod. I smell the different liquor mixed with different kinds of perfumes. The whole place was crowded as usual and it's hard to see where she is. The place is a bit dim, not helping at all. Surely, it will take us longer time to spot her. I was looking around to see her and I'm getting frustrated.

"We have to move to the middle so we can see around. The place is a bit elevated and it's hard to see from here." Nicolas suggested and led me to the middle. We are not far from the entrance door. We are literally shoving every man blocking our way, to the middle. And at that moment, I care less about the guys throwing us deathly glare and swearing behind us. Before we reach the dance floor, a blonde lady stood in front of me. She was openly flirting with me.

"Zandros Mailov! Fancy to see you here handsome.. It's been a while!" she purred sensually, batting her fake long lashes. She sounds like she knew me well, but I can't remember where I met her. I'm hoping she's not one of those girls I bedded. It's been long years since I had last bedded a girl. And that's Kourtney. She suddenly hug me and I knew she intentionally rub her well endowed chest on my body. I felt disgusted and I wanted to yank her hands away of me but I don't want to offend her. I never hurt or offended any girl. Well, except those girls I bedded who expected so much even after I warned them I had nothing to give but my body.

"I have to meet someone Ma-..., sorry, what was your name?" I asked politely.

"Mara!" she smiled.

Ok. I almost got it.. "Yes, Mara.. My girlfriend is wai-" I didn't finish my word when I saw a glimpse of Lauren on her very sexy dress and she was dancing with someone?" my temper flared up, forgetting my manner. Shoving Mara to the side, I walked past her and to the dancing floor.

Dammit Lauren! She's dancing with Mario? And that asshole was grinding behind her!! All that rational thinking just evaporates into thin air, with only one thought clouding my head. Beat the guy till dead!!

At the moment, all I see was Mario touching and grinding behind my girl friend, that my head was clouded with jealousy and rage.

As soon as I got close to them, I yanked her away from him pulling her to my side and step in front of Mario and punch him in the face, real hard. He stumbles on his feet but got his balance swiftly and he swung his fist right on my face but my reflex reacted promptly before it landed on. Dodging it rapidly making him more furious. I wanted to break his face, but I felt Lauren's hands around my waist stopping me from attacking him. She tried to pull me away from Mario but I didn't budge. I was enraged that I was tempted to kill that son of a bitch.

I saw Mario was about to attacked me, when Ashley whom I just notice who was there too, holding Mario on his waist, stopping him from attacking me. I ignored Lauren's holding me away and tried to meet Mario's attack thinking to beat him out, but Lauren suddenly step in front of me looking so furious.

"STOP ZANDROS! YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE!!!" she was clenching her hands in anger. She's staring at me venomously. I can't believe she has the guts to feel angry, when in fact she went to the bar without letting me know!

I was staring at her in disbelief. Am I wrong? Is she really a changed woman? Or she's still living the life she grew up with?

I shot Mario one last deathly glare, then I turned on my heel and stormed out of the room. I didn't see Nicolas anywhere, so I thought he was already at the parking lot waiting for me.

"Zandros!.." I heard Lauren's voice calling me as I walk through the exit door, ignoring her. I was so furious and I don't want to talk to her. I can't promise to keep my mouth shut and not saying anything that would eventually hurt us both.

"Zandros!!!.... Stop.. Let's talk.." she said with a ragged breathing. Just as I reached the parking lot. I turned to look at her. She was holding her shoes and walking on her foot, and she's trying to catch her breath.

"Please let's talk." she begged as soon as she got close. My heart leapt as soon as I smelled her sexy scent. I wanted to pull her into my chest and just drowned myself with her intoxicating scent. But I am too mad. So mad that I don't want to talk to her. But I can't resist not looking on her. She's so damn hot and that Mario was touching her.

Fuck!!!!

"I'm sorry. I forget to text you. I was really thinking to let you know, but I dropped my phone at Ashley's car and I don't want to bother them. They seemed to having fun... I-" she trailed of.

"I thought you had change. But it seems like you can't live without partying, huh? Still the slutty Lauren that I once know?" Cutting her mid sentence, I blurted out the words that have been reeling in my head since I found out she was in the bar without telling me, which I shouldn't have sputtered. But it's too late.

I was so enraged that I can't think clearly. She look at me shocked, looking dumbfounded. Then after a brief silence, she shook her head in disbelief and threw me a disgusting look. I wanted to apologize and take it back, but my pride was too high to bend down.

She provoke me and it was her fault. That's why I don't want to talk to her because I knew this would happen. After a long silence..

"Ashley wants to hang out with me before she leave to London tomorrow night. And it so happen that my company needs her help too. Isaac called me that Ashley volunteered to recommend one of their models. Only if, Mario will apologize to her, that's why Mario was there too." she explained further with a blank face.

But, I was still mad. The scenario of her and Mario dancing, with Mario behind her grinding and she seems of enjoying it??

FUCK IT!! What's wrong with her??

"That's why, you are enjoying dancing with him or rather grinding?" I mocked sarcastically, gritting my teeth. I was staring at her furiously.

"Mario is my best friend. We are just dancing to enjoy the night. We are not doing anything wrong!" she yelled furiously. Her eyes was thinning in rage. Her chest is rising and fall at each breath.

"Oh yeah? So he can touch you and grind behind you, just like that?? What kind of friend are you to him? Until what terms are your friendship?" I growled gruffly turning around and walk briskly to the spot where Nicolas parked his car.

"Dammit... Friends touching each other!!!!" I mumbled gruffly in disbelief.

I heard her following me, but I ignored her. I am still mad. I need a break to think.

"Are you just gonna walk away?" she yelled, then she stop following me. I turned around and saw her wiping her tears. I stop and watch her, trying to hold the urge to walk to her and hold her.

I turned around again and notice that Nicolas wasn't in his car. I wonder where is he? I need to get away here. I need to think.

"Are you not really going to talk to me?" she yelled again, her voice faltered.

"We have nothing to talk about, Lauren. I'm still mad." I said honestly, trying to control the urge to yell at her.

"If you walk away tonight, then don't ever come back, Zandros!" she sputtered angrily, in a threatening tone. The second her words sunk in my head, my temper flared up.

Did she just threatened me? She was to blame and she had the guts to threaten me??

I turned around to look at her, but she was gone. Suddenly, I felt empty and I wanted to run for her but my ego was too high to admit that I'm losing this battle, which I didn't start.

DAMNATION!! She just lied to me and now she threatened me! FUCK LAUREN!!!

-----
Lauren's POV

I was tongue-tied. He didn't call me directly as a slutty but his words implied the same thing. That word was like a knife, directly stabbing my heart with a poison. I tried to reason out in my head that he is enraged that's why he said that word. I tried to console my self that he didn't mean it.

I apologized and explain further why we are here and that I and Mario was just friends. But even with my relationship with him he gave a different meaning. I know he's beyond jealous but he doesn't trust me.

And I can't believe he just walk away with me. I tried to blink the tears but it kept pouring incessantly. I hate it that I still love him so much, even after treating me like a lowly life.

My sole was already hurting from stepping on the rough concrete in the parking lot, holding my shoes. I had to run and follow him and explain everything, but all I got was mean words from him!

Still the heartless asshole he is!

Then, the second time he turned his back on me and left me. I tried to catch up but he was too fast. I gave up convincing him. If he walk away with me tonight and he doesn't want to talk to me, then it's over. I'm done with him, every time he had an issues with me, he just left without talking. I'm so hurt. The word over is like a poison, slowly rotting my heart, leaving a gnawing pain.

"If you walk away tonight, then don't ever come back, Zandros!" I threatened angrily. He stopped, but he didn't look at me. I waited for another minute, and still, he seems like he was really not talking to me. With a heavy heart, I went back inside. I had to run before I change my mind, instead running to his direction. I ignored my sore sole. I put back on my shoes as soon as I reach the door. I saw Mario being tended with Ashley. It seems like the people in the bar had decreased. Isaac saw me approaching and he stood up and walk to my direction with worried look.

"Are you ok?" he asked worriedly.

"Ye.. yeah." I said softly dragging my word, while watching Ashley and Mario. I felt so sorry for him.

"Are you and Zandros dating Lauren?" Isaac asked bluntly as he walked with me back to the table. I stopped half strides and face him. He stopped too and face me with his eyes full of curiosity.

I know, they had seen everything and there's no point of denying it.

"Yeah." I replied reluctantly.

"The girl I'm in love was Christine Mailov, his sister!" he said unannounced. I was about to make another step, but his words stopped me again and looked at him incredulously.

Isaac had surprised me quite many times and this is just another one of it.

"She's my best friend!!" I mumbled audibly. Christine never told me about it, I thought.

"She is? Then great! You could help me with her..." He exclaimed happily. His face lit up with joy. Even with my heart bleeding, I can't help to smile. He smiled back and we both walk back to the table. Ashley stood up with Mario, then I noticed Andriana and Henrique wasn't around.

"Let's go." Ashley said as she gave me my clutch and I nod.

"Where's Andriana?" I asked curiously. I began to get worried..

"Well, it seems that those Greek Billionaire's are acting like the Devil themselves. Nicolas Petropoulis, best friend of Zandros, dragged her with him punching Henrique in his face too." Ashley elaborated angrily. She was holding Mario on his waist. The two was acting like they are boyfriends..

Nicolas Petropoulis hit Henrique too?? Oh, I hate this guys!!

"Really? Did Adriana protest or she just went with him?" I asked dumbfounded. I can't believe this morons are acting like they owned us.

"She doesn't want to go with him, but it only enraged him, so picked her up and carried her in his shoulder, just like some piece of a garment. Adriana was really mad calling him every rudest terms in the world." Ashley suddenly chuckled in amusement. I imagined Nicolas carrying Adriana in his shoulder, and the scenario was indeed amusing. I bet Adriana was a beet red that time.

"I can't believe this assholes.." I groaned in frustrations. I looked at Mario, his lower lips was swollen and a big bruised left in his chin, slowly turning black. "Are you ok?" I asked to Mario after. I felt so bad. It is my fault. "I'm sorry, It is my fault. I should have texted him. I forgot. The he shouldn't be angry and punch you." I ranted ceremoniously.

"I can't believe you lied to me Lauren? Why didn't you tell me you two are dating?" Mario complained bitterly, making me feel remorseful.

"I'm sorry. I don't know if how long he will stay. And besides, I don't want you to feel left out." I replied apologetically, guilt laced in my voice.

"I understand everything Lauren! You were like my younger sister that I don't have. Why can't you trust me?" he added continuously.

"I'm sorry." was all I said as I looked into his eyes with my puppy dog eyes. Then he groaned loudly, rolling his eyes on me.

"Don't give me that look missy!" he warned and looked away, but me. I knew he is still pissed. I just shut my mouth. I know, tomorrow he will talk to me like nothing happened. That's typical Mario.

I'm wondering where are the bouncer when Zandros punched him.

As soon as we got in the parking lot, Mario face Isaac. "Drive Lauren to her place Isaac and I will drive Ashley using her car." Mario gave his car keys to Isaac and then we both headed to where Mario's car is.

Soon enough, Isaac was driving in the empty, quiet road.

"Looks like, this break up with Mario is easy than I expected.." Isaac broke the silence as he glance at my side briefly then back to the road.

"Indeed!" I smiled briefly.

"I can't believe Mario finally realizes that he is not a gay.. just like I realized it two years ago.." he mused, then he chuckled.

"Life is indeed miraculous. Things you won't expect, was happening." I commented drily. I leaned my head on the seat support and I heaved a loud sighed. I missed him and he won't talk to me.

To hell with him! I won't come running after him. He had left without talking to me, so he expect me not to talk to him, I don't care until when!

But my heart, ache with the thought of him leaving me. I don't know if I can bear it, this time. I may lost my sanity.

I felt the tears starting to welled up under my eyelids. I looked out the window trying to hide it from Isaac as I tried to hold back the tears. I felt so physically and emotionally exhausted.

"Are you alright?" Isaac suddenly asked.

I looked at him and sit upright. "Yes, I'm fine! Thank you." I uttered softly giving a half smile.

"I hope you two will sort this things out. In a relationship, one has to bend down or it won't be a successful relationship!" Isaac smiled as he gave me a quick glance then back to the road.

"He was very aggressive and he doesn't trust me! He definitely has an issue.. He has to apologize to me. I already did.. I acknowledge that I was wrong in not telling him, but he was making it so much a big deal!!" I huffed exasperatedly.

"He must been surprised. Give him a time. He'll cool down and he comes to apologize!" He smiled reassuringly. I wasn't convince he will.

I felt so helpless, empty..

I was too fixed with my own thoughts that I didn't realized we are already in front of the building.

"Thanks Isaac and good night!" I said gratefully and climb out of the car. After giving him a final wave, I turned on my heel and headed straight to the door and into the elevator.

Then I remember my phone at Ashley's car. I quickly stepped into the open elevator and punch in my floor. After like a centuries, finally the elevator dinged indicating I reach my destination.

I stepped out of the elevator, then walked hastily to my door. I punch my security code and instantly, my door unlock and I push the lever knob down and push it open. I kick the door shut and walked to the living room as I tossed my clutch on the coffee table. I quickly sat and pick up the cordless phone and dialed my number.

After a few trials, finally it connected.

"Hello?" Ashley's ragged voice rang in my speaker.

"Thank goodness Ash, you found my phone." I exclaimed with relief.

"Would you like me to drive it to your place?" She asked nicely.

"Oh no! It's ok. I was thinking that Mario could get it for me then I'll get it from him at work tomorrow. Was he still with you?" I asked nonchalantly, hoping he didn't left yet.

"Yes!" She replied momentarily.

"Great. Thanks Ash and I'm sorry about tonight." I uttered apologetically and heaved a loud frustrated sighed.

"We had fun Lauren. It's nothing. Boys and their jealousy, it's no big deal. I understand Zandros, you know? I think he' s too jealous. Jealousy makes your head all crumbled, I'm not surprised he acted like a total jackass!" She commented dryly.

"Still, he made a mistake! And he should apologize to Mario. I felt sorry for him!" I remarked with deep sympathy. And guilt is slowly enveloping me.

"He will Lauren!" Ash replied briefly.

"Thanks again Ash. Have a safe trip tomorrow to London, if ever I won't see you before then. Keep in touch!" I stated casually then after saying goodbye, she ended the call.

----
Ashley's POV

Mario parked the car in front of the hotel I was currently staying.

He doesn't look pissed, but I can't read his mind. He was staring to the road showing no emotions at all.

I was so jealous when he dance with Lauren. I thought for a seconds that he had a feelings for him.

I felt relieved when he admitted that he treated Lauren as his own sister and was mad that Lauren had to lie at him.

He was acting so possessive at me and I like it. I don't know where I stand in his life, or does he have any girlfriend? But at the moment, I care less in all honesty. Since I met him, he never left my mind. I had a huge crush on him since I started modeling for Vogue then I became the Editor-in-chief. I saw him once at the opening of the new Runway big branch in Paris. He was very aloof. His electric eyes on our first eyes locking had captivated me and my heart completely.

So every time, there's an event and he comes, I usually make sure I'm attending. But no more times where I wanted to make a move on flirting with him but it always been interrupted.

But my vacation here, which I almost declined to attend, was a blessing in disguise. I was about to give up on him, but the fate had finally cut the torment, and decided to intervene with us.

Tonight, we just shared a passionate kiss. And we are both burning with the intense desire to do more than kissing. But damn that phone who kept ringing in the back of my car. I had to move to the back to look for the damn phone. And after like a decade, I found it under the seat and it's Lauren's phone.

I connected it and I heard her relieved voice. She seems worried about her phone. I promised her to give it to Mario, although, I suggest to bring it to her place but she declined it insisting not to bother me more.

"Who is it?" Mario asked as soon as the line ended.

"Lauren. Can you take the phone and give it tomorrow?" I asked hopeful as I climbed out of my car and walk to the driver seat. Mario climbed out and slide out of the car. I was standing in front of him. He was tall. I stood barely 5'8 but he still stood taller. I gave Lauren's phone and he took it.

----
Mario's POV

I was standing in front of her. For my 30 years of existence, I thought I was a gay, until I had a first taste of her sweet lips.

I wrapped my hands around her waist before she got in her car and captured her sweet lips, and she automatically clung her hands around my neck for more support. I love how she melt in my arms.

"I don't want you to leave tomorrow!" I blurted out. I knew I felt more than just liking her.

"I had work waiting for me Mario.." she replied swiftly, as she stared into my eyes.

"Then, I'll come see you!! I'll just wrapped up all the things we need to get done before spring comes and I'll come visit you!" I explained sweetly. The thought of her leaving was making me feel empty and longing starts to build within me.

"It's late Mario. I still need to pack my stuff." she reminded me. I groaned in disapproval. I don't want to end the night and leave her. But I had to.

"Alright. I'll call Isaac to come pick me up. I'll see you tomorrow before lunch. I'll come pick you up!" I reminded her and kiss her deeply once more before I reluctantly let her go.

My heart was starting to feel strangely unpleasant. I felt like she is going to take half of me..
I guess this is what they call it, 'True Love'.

I shake the thoughts off and pulled my phone out of my pocket, and dialled Isaac number. Stuffing Lauren's phone in my other pocket. I remember Lauren. She needs someone to cry on tonight. She's like my little sister to me and I felt like her big brother.

But Fuck!, I can't even protect her.

"Hey!" Isaac voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Can you please come pick me up and drop me off to Lauren's place, Isaac." I said pleadingly.

"Sure. I'm coming." He replied casually after I gave him the address. As I watched Ashley's car drove inside the building's underground. She wave her hands sticking out the window once more before completely turning into the driveway to the underground parking lot.

I ended the call as soon as he agreed on coming and I thought it's time to talk about us. I knew he saw every thing about us and Ashley, but he never utter a word.

Lauren's is right. I need to be honest with him. And I knew this feeling I felt for Ashley is not to be ignored. I think I love her.

Yes, I love her. And I intend to keep her forever!!
-----

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...
6.4M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
1.4K 7 35
♡♡♡♡♡>>>>> THE ROMANCE STORY OF A CEO ♡♡♡♡♡>>>>> Everything changes once you are an adult. you face many problems alone and have to mak...
249K 10.4K 38
(Can be read as a standalone.) I was a hopeless romantic from a young age but when I watched my father strike a deal with his friend in the most desp...