H.E.R. |d.e

By Maliyahwrites

Having everything revealed More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII

XV

1.2K 89 39
By Maliyahwrites

Kairo stood in between Sade's legs as her bottom rested on the kitchen counter top while the two indulged in a shared meal prepared by Sade who was just trying to kill time before his arrival. Taking the fork Sade held it up to his lips watching as his mouth enclosed around it tasting the pasta on his pallet. To the right of her sat her usual glass of wine that Kairo found himself helping himself to "I said we could share the food" She teased

"Word?" He laughed letting his hands rub on her slim thighs that were exposed. With a silly grin Sade nodded taking the glass back, she watched him over the rim as she took a sip "If I didn't know any better I would say your an alcoholic"

"Oh please. I don't need a drink, I just prefer to have one. How's the pasta?"

"It's good just like everything you make. You ever thought about opening a restaurant?"

Sade wrapped her arms around his neck shrugging "Not like something fancy. A small diner maybe"

"I can see that for you." Kairo kissed her lips then her neck

"More than modeling?"

" I think both are good routes, who said you can't do both?"

Sade nodded "What about you? Have you always wanted to be a jeweler?"

Kairo shrugged "Family business. My career was already chosen for me even before I was born" He answered her question even though his answer had more to do with the illegal side of things

"Born into? You make it sound like you're in the mob" Sade joked but Kairo didn't laugh with her he just took another forkful

"My grandpa handed it down to my father who plans on handing it down to me when that time comes"

"You don't sound too excited"

"I don't want it. Never have" Kairo admitted knowing the business took more from him then he could ever gain

"So why not let your brother take over?"

Knowing he couldn't get into detail about anything with her he shook his head before keeping it short "He's irresponsible Mocha. We wouldn't even be up and running if it was left to him"

"Well have you expressed yourself to your father?"

"Does he look like the type to listen to anyone but himself? I'll figure it out I always do" He ended the conversation.

Sade placed a reassuring kiss on his lips "Okay. I have to take this" Sade held up her ringing phone excusing herself

Sade's breathing was sharp as she enclosed herself in the bathroom resting her palms on the sink, she couldn't figure out how to address the information she was informed about less than a few minutes ago. Kairo waited on the other side of the door in the master bedroom finally getting the chance to undress from his evening, with a deep breath Sade let her feet lead her back in his presence.

"You alright?" Kairo questioned taking in her body language as he unhooked his watch from his wrist

"Yeah. It's just Mia" Sade tried to see if his facial expressions would give anything away but he remained relaxed

"Oh. What, she told you I seen her today?" Kairo who already planned on staying two steps asked, also noting Mia may not have been as sneaky as she appeared

With her lips pursed a small from made it's away across her face "Is that why I couldn't come? Because you planned on going by my house?"

"Did you know the flowers started back up?" Kairo shot back now towering over a sitting Sade "Is that the real reason why you wanted to come back here?"

Sade looked away avoiding his gaze "I thought we agreed that you were going to leave it alone?"

Holding his index finger up he brought her talking to a halt "I never agreed to such Mocha. In fact I recall saying I was going to handle it"

"Handle it how? Hm? If the police couldn't do anything-"

Kairo watched as she fiddled with her hands hating how she couldn't even have a conversation without feeling fearful even when no obvious threat was present "Just trust me"

Sade slightly catching on her frown deepened "What do you have planned?

"Do you still love him?" Kairo asked his bushy eyebrows contouring

"How could you ask me something like that?!" Sade replied

"That wasn't an answer Sade." He waited for her to admit or at least clarify the worry she unknowingly placed in his head. When her lips didn't move Kairo shook his head " I guess I do have an answer"

Sade clasped their hands together pulling on him, forcing him to sit on the bed "I'm not in love with him."

Kairo kept his gaze on her searching her eyes and for the first time he couldn't see the truth in them "But you still have love for him" he doubled down not liking the way she answered his question

Letting his face fall between her palms Sade kissed his lips lightly "Me not wanting anybody to get hurt does not equate to me loving someone. Karma always comes full circle, I can't handle being responsible for bringing harm to any one"

With his hand overlapping hers he gently removed it from his face pulling away "And you won't be Sade. But I'm done having this conversation with you.

Sade folded her hands in her lap nodding, her eyes following him to his side of the bed where he began pulling the covers back "Fine. Do whatever you want"

Kairo chuckled "What the fuck ever, you done saving that nigga, and I am going to do what the fuck I want. I never asked for permission"
-

Running her hands down her side out of nervousness Sade let her hand ball up into a fist as she sent a series of knocks against the door. Soon the locks turned and the door opened revealing her little brother Samir who was smiling wide at the sight of his favorite big sister. Bending down so she was his height, Sade pinched his cheek before pulling him into a hug.

"Sade I've missed you! You know I made the basketball team? Just JV though dad was upset that it wasn't varsity" Samir rambled still holding on to her hand so she couldn't slip away

"Really! I told you you would and that's okay there's always next year. How's your grades?"

"Good. I finally passed math, that multiplication trick you taught me really works"

Sade's smile widened as she held her hand up signifying a high five "I'm proud of you Samir."

"Proud enough to come to my game next Saturday?" The look of hope that filled his eyes made Sade's smile fall

"I'll see what I can do"

With her response Samir looked down knowing she really meant no but never wanted to come and say it flat out "Yeah sure"

Before Sade could attempt to bandage the wound she inflicted the front door opened again, her father who wasn't too pleased too see her put his hand on Samir's shoulder "Son what are you doing out here?"

"It was just Sade. Do you think she could stay the night please pops?"

"Go ahead inside and let me talk with your sister"

With a frown Samir hugged her one last time "Yes sir. Bye Sade" before he could pull away Sade whispered in his ear causing him to grin

"See you Saturday, okay?" Now with a tight lipped smile Sade waved awkwardly rocking on her heels "Hey daddy"

"Sade what are you doing here?" Joseph frowned stepping out on the porch preventing her from coming in

"Suri invited me to dinner, she said she spoke with you"

"I told her no. That damn girl, Sade you're not welcomed in my home" He told her simply

Gulping Sade blinked continuously trying to stop the tears forming at the brim of her eyes from falling "But daddy-"

"Not right now" He held his hand up not interested in anything she had to say "You said you didn't need me remember?"

"That I didn't need your money, and I'm not here for that"

"So what do you want?"

Sade frowned not understanding how the possibility of just wanting to see and be around her family didn't cross his mind "You know what this was a bad idea."

"It was. Go home Sade, dinner is about to start and I have to get back inside" He looked at his daughter one more time before turning on his heels

Sade stood there feeling rejected by her own father she angrily wiped her face deciding not to dread on what just took place storming down the driveway "Hey hey! Where are you going?" Suri who was just arriving halted Sade

Hastily pushing her sister Sade went on a rampage "You lied to me! I came all the way here just for your father to belittle me and leave me standing on a fucking porch like some step kid"

"He did what? Sade I talked to him!"

"Yeah and he told you no! And you still let me come here under false pretenses." Suri opened her mouth to reply but Sade wasn't finished  "You love embarrassing me, every chance you get"

Suri frowned disappointed that Sade thought she would intentionally bring harm her way "You're my sister! I love you. I just wanted us to have dinner together it's been two years, I didn't think-"

Sade ran her hands through her hair smacking her lips "You don't ever think! God! Just stay out my life Suri okay? Stay out" Sade fumed brushing completely pass her.

During her drive she cried for what she told herself would be the last time as she was washing her hands with anything that no longer served her. Her sense of relief didn't last long as she made her way to Kairo's penthouse, knowing she would have to face his wrath eventually. Upon entrance he was sitting on the sofa eating a bowl of popcorn while a football game played from the television, he only looked over at her for a second not bothering to greet her. Sade made her way upstairs deciding a shower was the best thing for her at this moment.

Standing under the shower head she let the water run down her hair pushing it back, her hand found it's way to her mouth as she tried to muffle the cries that just kept coming. Feeling a presence Kairo wrapped his arms around her shoulders pulling her back into him "Why are you crying?" As upset as he was he couldn't just turn away when he heard her breaking down from the other side of the door

"I'm just not enough. Not even for my own father. He hates me." She vented letting her body relax into his

Kissing her cheek Kairo took the loofah from her squeezing it down her back "You are enough Sade. Your worth shouldn't be measured by how others treat you that's just a reflection of how they feel about themselves"

Turning around in his arms her red eyes stared into his dark ones "I'm damaged goods. How can you even want me"

Holding her face in his massive hands he kissed her lips gently "You're not damaged goods, and because I see you Sade."
-

Vote/Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 22 12
Best friends turn into lovers .. that's all you need to know.
2.9M 145K 73
Ana and Dre's story❀️
45.1K 1.1K 15
𝙄 π™ƒπ˜Όπ™‘π™€ 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙄'𝙑𝙀 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 π™’π˜Όπ™‰π™π™€π˜Ώ 𝙄𝙉 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀, π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώ π™π™€π˜Όπ™‡π™‡π™” π˜Όπ™‡π™‡ 𝙄'𝙑𝙀 π™’π˜Όπ™‰π™π™€π˜Ώ π™’π˜Όπ™Ž π™”π™Šπ™.. Β©π˜½π™€π™€...
36.2K 1.6K 16
Book 2 of Her Skin