Shattered Hearts.

By scorpiobabywrites

Following the loss of her child's father to suicide, Taelyn endeavors to rebuild her life while single-handed... More

cast.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6. mason's 3rd birthday.
7. memories
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. visiting Isaiah/bad things happen. TW.
13. art show / desmond's demise.
14. time away. pt1.
15. time away. pt2.
16. new opportunities.
17. no one else.
18. first time.
couples night {short}
19. bonding time.
20. the truth.
21. making up is hard to do. pt1
22. making up is hard to do. pt2
23.
the flu {short}
24. family day / datenight
25. LA vibes. pt1.
26. LA Vibes pt2.
27. a visit from Isiah. / LA vibes pt. 3
28. home sweet home/court
29. heart to heart.
30. keeping the secret.
32. therapy talks.
33.
34. won't keep you waiting
35.
36. birthday

31. "will you marry me?"

412 25 21
By scorpiobabywrites

Just so y'all know.. I cried lmao🥹💍..

November 20th, 2023

"You can move that box to the bedroom down the hallway, thanks." I said with a smile as one of the movers carried a box of Mason's things his new bedroom. Folding my arms across my chest I took my the beautiful interior designing of our new home.

We decided to stay in Brooklyn until a few days after the new year, then we'd be headed to Los Angeles which I was nervous about already but I knew we'd make the best of it.

I sauntered into the master bedroom and stood in the middle of the room, I couldn't thank anyone but God for getting us here. This house was so beautiful, and close to Mason'a daycare so my commute would be a little shorter in the mornings.

We found out that we're having a girl, I decided not to throw a gender reveal party, but we will be doing a baby shower.

A couple of weeks ago, Chris took Rylann out for the entire day. It was just adorable, he came home with pink nail polish on which was pretty funny, but he was glad to spend time with her, and she couldn't stop telling me about it.

"I knew I'd find you in here mama, " I heard Chris said causing me to turn around, with a smile I opened my arms locking them around his neck, bringing my lips to his we kissed before pulling away. "I'm just admiring our new home, still can't believed we're here....It's surreal honestly. Can't thank anyone but God."

"I was just saying that to myself. Beautiful isn't it though?" He questioned as I nodded before pulling away, I walked over to the window and looked at the view of our huge backyard.

I couldn't wait to have a swing set built for the kids once we get settled.

"It is."  I smiled taking it all in.

"I was talking about you and baby girl, but I mean the house is aight." He joked as I rolled my eyes playfully laughing with him.

"You're a mess. Are we still going to dinner tonight?," I said sitting at the foot of our bed. "I know my mom is keeping keep Mason for the next few days so we can get to unpack some of the stuff. I dropped him earlier, I can't wait for him to see his room!"

He smiled as his eyes trailed my face before looking me in my eyes.

"Me either, little man is gonna be so excited. I might paint his room. What do you think?." He questioned as I still admired the view from our bedroom before turning to face him. I sauntered over to the bed and sat beside him, he motioned for me to sit on his lap, but I declined because I felt like a whale.

The movers brought in our furniture and set it all up before leaving, I made sure we tipped them a little extra because they'd been here for a few hours.

"I think you should have him paint with you, it'll be like a cute little father son bonding thing! What time are we leaving again?" I questioned debating on if I actually had time to take a nap before needing to get ready.

Boxes were up against the walls with our belongings inside, but the bed was up and made.

"Around seven thirty, why you tired?" He questioned as I nodded, he chuckled and stood up from the bed, he pulled our covers back and kicked off his shoes. "Come on mama, let's take a nap, but yeah that's what time I booked the reservation for, it's a family dinner, I just have an announcement to make."

"Really?! A work announcement?"

"Somethin' like that, but don't start worrying that pretty little kind of yours. Okay?" He said kissing me before pulling away, I wanted to kiss to deepen but I knew we'd get carried away, and I really wanted to take a nap.

"Well that's exciting!, and I won't worry. I'm sure it's a great announcement." I smiled and he wrapped his arm around me rubbing my stomach and kissing my shoulder as we got comfortable falling asleep.
——-
5:45pm.

I'd be proposing to her tonight, the closer the time came to leaving, the more nervous I was becoming.

"Chris, you ready baby?," She questioned as I quickly closed the box slipping it into my pocket.

"Yeah I'm ready mama." I said as she headed downstairs, I grabbed my keys from the dresser.

"Lord, please give me the strength to get through this, you know I love her with all my heart... and Isiah, thank you for bringin' us together man.. Keep watching over her and Mase.. Amen. I said while slipping on my shoes, I grabbed my keys and headed downstairs. A smile on my face seeing Tae taking pictures of herself.

"You got time for one more?" I questioned as she nodded setting up her phone one more time, pressing the timer I pulled her slip kissing her chest as the iphone camera shutter sounded, she grabbed her phone and sent me the photos as we heard out the door.

——
Benihana Restaurant. Omniscient.

"This is so good." Taelyn said dancing in her seat as she ate her steak and shrimp with rice, she cut up Mason's chicken tenders for the kids meal and added some of her rice to his plate since he wasn't a fan of french fries tonight.

"Girl not you dancing." Anastasia said as eveyone laughed, Tealyn stuck out her tongue before bringing her cup of pink lemonade to her lips. She had been craving it for weeks.

"Don't pick on me, you know I love food."

"Been that way before you got pregnant sis." Cam laughed, she brought Jabari with her.

"Shit, honestly when she started working with us.. we would always create sandwiches in the back to try. like a secret menu thing." He said as they all laughed.

Jarvis glanced over at Chris who gave him a headnod signallng that it was now time since their dinner was coming to an end soon.

"Yo, I'll be right back. I gotta go get something."He said as Anastasia got up from the table following behind, a look of confusion written on Taelyn's face wondering why everyone was so eager all of a sudden.

A few moments later, the waitress brought out a large pink bouquet of roses as Chris stood to his feet, sauntering over to Taelyn's chair he pulled a small box from his back pocket and got down on one knee.

"Christopher, no.. no way, you're lying..wait! what are you doing?!" She said gasped as he grabbed her left hand.

"Aw Chris!, he's crying already!" Anastasia said fanning herself as Cam handed her a napkin. Jarvis swallowed down trying to hold in his own tears; he was truly happy for his best friend.

Chris quickly wiped his tears clearing his throat. Mason bit into his chicken tender playing with Taelyn's phone ignoring the whole situation, his little mind was too preoccupied with fruit ninja.

Taelyn fanned herself with her free hand trying not to ruin her makeup, but was also thankful for waterproof mascara.

"Tae baby, this might be sudden for most people and I- I know we haven't been together long, but someone said you miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take. I love you so much baby," His voice cracked as Taelyn covered her mouth with her right hand crying. "I can't go another day without either of you in my life. God has truly blessed us and I'm thankful for you every single day. From the moment I laid my eyes on you I know God had blessed me with something special. Even in moments of doubt you always come through to tell me to keep my head up, tell me you love me, tell me that no matter what you'd always be here for me. I love you and Mason more than words could ever describe and I will never leave you baby.. You're so beautiful even carrying my baby girl..." He sniffled as Taelyn placed her hand over her heart crying as Chris grabbed her hand.

"Tealyn, will you marry me baby?"

"Yes!, yes I'll marry you Chris!" She cried as he slipped the diamond ring onto her finger, their lips crashing into one another's as tears rolled down their now flushed cheeks.

Pulling away,  Tealyn turned to her girls showing off her ring.

"I'm a wife bitches!!" She said as some of the restaurant goers cheered.

"I know that's right!" Anastasia and Cam said at the same time before laughing and wiping their tears.

Julis and Jenifer couldn't keep themselves together crying tears of happiness, even Rylann cried a little before going back to her ipad.

Pulling the small gold chain from his bag, Chris walked over to Mason who looked up at him and smiled.

"Hi daddy!"

"Hi little man, daddy got you a gift, a chin to match mine." Chris smiled showing Mason the Chris as eveyone watched their interaction.

"Thank you daddy!I love you!" He smiled before being lifted up from the chair, Chris hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek and sitting him back into the booster seat.

"I love you too!"

—-
11:30pm.

I stared down at my engagement ring while Chris was in the shower. I couldn't believe I was going to be a wife, a wife and a mother of two.

Taelyn Anderson-Davis...has a nice ring to it.

"Gave you a ring and now you don't know how to act." Chris said as I looked over at him as he dried himself of and got dressed, rolling my eyes playfully as he got into bed with me.

"I still can't believe it.. I love you so much Chris."

"And I love you so much more baby, so much more."

—-
🥹💍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 110 21
Jasmine died. The baby died. So Chris is left alone to raise Christina and Jacquees and Cassie. Can he do it? Will he find another love? Or will he b...
308K 14.9K 81
She left him 2 years ago to go chase fame. He had no clue about how to raise or care for a child, let alone a girl. He needs help, his daughter needs...
1.9K 160 6
By you being a disable mother because of a terrible car accident five years ago that left you in a coma, you're trying to get along with the father o...
253K 7K 48
SECOND BOOK IN THE PICTURE PERFECT SERIES Chris and Kai'lani are back! Their marriage has lasted for seven-years now. They have their three wonderful...