King of My Heart // George We...

By ilxvealondxnboy

❝I know everything about love and there is no way I'll fall for you, George Weasley.❞ Arabella and George hav... More

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

9 2 0
By ilxvealondxnboy

Wannabe by Spice Girls

* * *

I slowly open the door to my dorm. It creaks causing Alicia to sit up.

"Sorry," I whisper tiptoeing inside.

"I wasn't sleeping," she says loudly, shining a bright light with her wand.

"Alicia," Angelina covers her eyes to block out the light as she sits up.

"Sorry, were you sleeping?" Alicia tries not to laugh.

"Yes, I was," Angelina grunts.

The two of them stare at me as I walk over to my bed.

"Wait," Angelina stops me, her eyelids droopy, "Where were you?"

Alicia's eyes narrow, "And why are your cheeks all red?"

"I went to Hogsmeade with George," I sigh, "Sorry, I should've told you."

"And you kissed him," Angelina rolls her eyes, "I knew you'd lose the bet."

"Angelina!" I exclaim, "I did not kiss him! Why would you think that?!"

"You do look all flustered and red," Alicia shrugs.

"We almost missed curfew and we had to sprint here," I shake my head and start to laugh, "And the only reason I went to Hogsmeade with him was because we agreed we'd just go to have fun. Not because I'm in love with him."

"That sounds suspicious," Alicia eyes me as I take off my shoes.

"It's not," I can't help smiling, "I had fun, I won't deny that, but nothing romantic happened."

"So why did you stay out so late?" Angelina pulls the covers up to her chin.

I try to hide it but my grin grows wider, "We got food at The Three Broomsticks and talked for like two hours."

Angelina grunts and throws the blanket over her head. "Turn off the light, Alicia."

"Fine, but I'm not dropping this," Alicia turns out the light at the tip of her wand as I crawl in between my sheets.

* * *

"What's going on?" Fred pushes into the transfiguration classroom, George following behind him.

"No idea," Alicia shrugs.

The chairs in the usually organized classroom are pushed to the side and the room is empty beside a large phonograph that the caretaker, Filch, stands beside.

McGonagall walks into the room and the Gyrffindors scuffle to find a seat.

I place myself in a chair next to Alicia and Angelina. I glance around the room and see the twins laughing together while leaning up against one of the windows. I smile.

"What?" Angelina glances at me.

I shake my head and look away, brushing the smile off my face, "Nothing."

"Good day class," McGonagall calls for the class to be quiet. "As you know, we are hosting a Yule Ball. This means you will be learning to dance. Traditionally."

A mix of groans and excited squeals fill the air. I look at Angelina, who is smiling widely, and then at Alicia, who has her arms crossed, pouting.

"Let me demonstrate and then you may join me when I say so," McGonagall grabs Henry Smith from his chair.

Filch starts the music and McGonagall directs Henry. Giggles fill the room.

"Everyone grab a partner," McGonagall lets go of Henry and walks to the edge of the classroom.

I stand up hesitantly and glance around. Someone grabs my waist and pulls me to the middle of the classroom. Couples start to dance around to the slow music.

"Had to make sure I got you before anyone else did," George smirks, grabbing my hand and resting his hand on my hip.

I roll my eyes and smile.

"So..." he looks down at me and I glance around the room.

"So..." I reply, awkwardly.

We go quiet as McGonagall gives directions to the struggling students. I trip over George's foot.

"Oh, shoot," he catches me, "Sorry."

He holds my arms as I steady myself. I look at him and we both burst out in laughter.

"Keep dancing, Weasley," McGonagall walks past us and we begin to dance again.

George's hand shifts on my waist and we continue to dance through the students.

In the silence, my thoughts whirl around in my mind.

He looks down at me and a thought hits me. Does he actually like me?

I'm caught off guard by my own thoughts. But really, I have no idea if he is just doing all of this for the bet or if he really has feelings for me.

I know that we are better off friends and if he has feelings for me, I don't want him to wait for me because I know I don't like him in that way. I like him as a friend, a close friend.

"Great job! Now you may have a seat," McGonagall smiles at the class.

I let go of George's hand but his hand stays on my waist. I look at him and he smirks, letting go slowly. I watch him walk back to his seat and I smile. I turn and walk towards Angelina and Alicia.

"George grabbed you so fast," Alicia lets out a small laugh.

"Who'd you dance with?" I ask the two girls, ignoring Alicia's comment.

"Fred," a small smile grows on Angelina's face.

Me and Alicia squeal quietly as Professor McGonagall starts to lecture about the history of dance.

"I danced with Lee," Alicia rolls her eyes and we giggle.

"Quiet, girls," McGonagall gives the three of us a sharp glare and we go quiet.

* * *

"For Godric's sake- Angelina hurry!" Alicia shouts up the dormitory stairs.

"Sorry," she says, running down quickly, her jacket in hand.

"Alright, let's go," Alicia sighs and we make our way out of the common room.

This weekend was a Hogsmeade weekend and Alicia, Angelina, and I decided to head down since it was so pretty outside. Around this time, the leaves are brown and red and fall off the branches, making piles on the ground. It rains sometimes, giving the cobblestone paths a glow, and clouding the skies with gorgeous clouds. It's my favourite time of year.

"We should get ice cream," I suggest as we enter the crowd of people in between the shops.

"Bella, it's five degrees," Angelina laughs and I shrug.

"So what, every time is a time for ice cream," I grin.

They follow me to the small shop and we enter, the sweet smells of fruit flavours and chocolate chips fill our noses. The line is short and we wait at the end of it, choosing what flavour we'll get.

"I'll get a triple chocolate," I tell the lady when we reach the front counter.

"Salted caramel, please," Angelina smiles.

"I think I'll get cookie dough," Alicia says.

"One galleon and two sickles, please," the lady croaks and I give her the money.

A younger woman who stands behind the counter scoops our ice cream and hands it to us. We thank her and head onto the cold street.

Alicia stands in between me and Angelina as the twins show up on either side of us, George next to me and Fred next to Angelina.

"Why are you guys eating ice cream?" Fred snorts, making the three of us jump.

"Why not?" I laugh, licking my spoon clean.

"Because it's almost freezing," George lets out a small laugh.

The three of us shrug and continue eating our ice cream.

"What flavour is it?" George peers over my shoulder at my ice cream like he wants to eat it.

I pull the cup towards my body, "Triple chocolate... Why?"

He smirks and nods slowly, "It looks really good."

"It is," I laugh. We go quiet and I give in, "Do you want some?"

His smirk grows and I hand him the small cup. He fills the spoon with ice cream.

"Don't eat it all!" I exclaim and he laughs, pushing off half of the scoop with the side of the cup.

"Better?" George chuckles.

I nod, laughing, and he takes a bite of the ice cream. He smiles in approval, handing the cup back to me.

"You're right, that's good," he grins.

I laugh as we continue to make our way through the crowds of people.

"We should go somewhere. How about Brood and Peck!" Fred exclaims, pulling everyone toward the pet shop.

It doesn't take us long to reach the small shop and Fred eagerly pushes open the door open. The bell at the top of the door rings.

"Why'd you want to come here?" Alicia asks, eyeing a bird squawking in a cage hanging from the ceiling.

Fred shrugs and begins to walk around the shop. An old woman walks out from the back of the store, standing behind the counter.

"Looking for anything specific?" she asks me softly.

"No, just looking," I smile at her.

She smiles back and with a short nod, goes into the back of the store.

"Aww, Bella look," I turn around and see George petting a small kitten through the bars of its cage. I walk over and smile.

The cat nuzzles its head onto George's fingers as he brushes its soft white ears. Orange spots, that almost remind me of George's hair, scatter the back of the cat.

"That's biscuit," the old lady appears behind the counter again and George and I turn around, "She's a real sweetheart. Just got her on Wednesday."

"She's adorable," I say and the lady nods.

"She seems to like you, young man," she replies and George smiles.

"How much for her?" he asks.

"Seven galleons."

George sighs and backs up from the cage. He turns around and starts to look at the other animals.

The five of us walk around the small shop, petting cats and watching lizards cough fire. But my eyes kept catching the sight of the small white and orange cat.

"Let's go," Angelina opens the door and we start to file outside.

"Just give me a second," I call out the door.

"Meet us at The Three Broomsticks," Alicia calls back and I nod.

"Can I help you, deary?" the lady, whose small nametag reads the name Betsy, asks me.

"You said seven galleons for that cat?" I point at Biscuit.

"Yes," Betsy smiles.

I open my purse, handing her the money. She thanks me and hands me the cage.

"Thank you," I smile as I walk out the door.

I follow the cobblestone paths to The Three Broomsticks, glancing through the window before opening the door.

"What took you so long- Oh Merlin's beard," Alicia starts to laugh.

George turns around and sees the cage in my hand, "You got the cat?"

I grin widely and walk towards him, "Yeah, I did. For you."

He gasps as I hand him the cage. "Are you joking?"

I shake my head.

"Bella, why did you do this?" he's smiling like a kid on Christmas.

"You liked the cat and didn't have the money to get it, but I did. So I got it for you," my smile grows.

I sit down across from him as he opens the cage and the cat curls up in his lap. He pets her and looks up at me.

"Thank you," he smiles like I've never seen him smile before and I take a sip of my warm butterbeer.

"You're welcome."

The conversation moves on but George keeps glancing at me the entire time.

* * *

word count: 1749

A/N - ITS CHRISTMAS!!! jk jk... but almost............. anyways hope you guys are liking the book so far. sorry for not posting a lot... school is getting real busy!!!! mwah 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 137 20
Arabella is a normal girl in school just like everyone else. At least that's what everyone thinks. No one really knows where she comes from or who sh...
181K 3.1K 40
A Fred Weasley x Reader story. You are in your fifth year at Hogwarts and everything is going great. That is, until your boyfriend of seven months ch...
337 37 39
That night at dinner, when Camille's parents reveal that they have to move again, Camille can only sigh wearily. Again. As usual. She barely bothered...
542K 11.4K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...