I was just a child - S.R.

By reggie_winchester

Simon Riley is a Russian boy that moved with his parents and brothers in Italy when he was 6 years old. The d... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]

[16]

8 1 0
By reggie_winchester

I am in De Luca's office and listen to what he has to say. When he is done with his orders, he tells me what to do.

"Go to Levi's and Ice's room and tell Ice to send Levi here. Then you can go to your room" he says.

"Yes, sir".

"To Ice. Don't you dare and talk to Levi".

"I won't. I promise".

"Go".

I leave his office and walk upstairs as fast as I can. I can't walk that fast due to the whole beating that I got earlier. When I arrive out of their room and knock on their door, Ice opens it. Luckily. I hear a scream from Levi's phone. He hasn't seen me yet.

"What's going on?" Ice asks me.

Before I talk, I hear something from Levi's phone. I hear his father's voice. Then my scream. I look at him (Levi). He is watching the camera footage. I take a deep breath before I look back to Ice.

"Your father needs Levi to his office" I say.

I see Levi looking at me and he closes his phone immediately. I walk downstairs immediately and go straight to my room. I close the door behind me and storm to the bathroom. Why the fuck was he watching the camera footage? Just why?

"He got me in this situation. Why wouldn't he watch me being tortured by his own father?" I say under my breath as I stabilize myself at the bathroom counter. "He likes watching me being in pain. He is enjoying it".

I let out a sigh and walk to my bedroom. I take my bag and sit at my bed to study a bit. I can't do a lot since I keep thinking about Levi watching his father torturing me. He can't hate me that much. What did I even do?

I don't know how many hours have passed but I know that I didn't study anything at all. A knock on my door snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Come in" I say and look towards the door. The door opens and Levi enters.

"Father told me to get you dinner" he says.

I just stare at him kind of angry. His facial expression changes in an upset one. I should be the one upset. Not him. I take the plate from his hands and let it at my bedstand. I look back at him waiting for him to leave.

"Simon, I ... I want to apologize" I look back to my notebook without saying anything. I hear him sighing. "I didn't want you to get hurt".

I look at him as he says that. My facial expression is more angry than before. Did he really just say that? Did he really just lie straight to my face?

"I didn't want this to happen" I take my pen and write to my notebook 'out' and then I show it to him. "Simon, I-" I point to the notebook and he lets out a sigh. "I'm sorry".

He walks out of my room. The moment that he closes the door, I stand up and go to the balcony. I stabilize myself at the irons and let out a sigh. My hands are shaky. Really shaky. Tears start forming in my eyes but I push those back.

"Not for him. Come on, asshole. Just fuck it up. Don't react" I say to myself.

"Don't react to what?".

I hear someone saying and I immediately turn around. I see De Luca standing there with his arms crossed. When did he come in here? Why didn't I hear him?

"So?" he says.

"U-Umm ... Don't react to your son" his eyes darkened.

"What did you do?".

"I promise you, sir. I didn't do anything. I didn't even talk to him. I wrote in my notebook what I told him".

"That's still communication" I gulp at it. "Didn't I forbid you to talk to him?".

"I promise, sir. I didn't say a word. I will never talk to Levi in my life. Never" he stares at me as nods.

"I can't trust you a lot, Simon. I'll have a man to be around you so I can be sure. At least for a month. If you have a good behaviour, he will no longer be with you".

"As you wish, sir".

"Good. It's kind of late. Eat your dinner and fall asleep".

"Yes, sir".

"Tomorrow I want you to wake up at 7 am. Get ready and at 8 am, be at the training room. My man will wait there for you".

"Okay".

He looks at me one last time and then he leaves my room. I let out a sigh and go back out at the balcony. I stabilize myself by my hands again and touch my head. There is a knock on my door and I sigh again.

"Come in" the door opens and I see a man.

"The boss told me to keep an eye on you for a month or so" he says and I let out a sigh.

"Okay" he enters and closes the door behind him.

"I'm Lorenzo but you can call me Enzo for short" I nod at him. "What's your name?".

"I'm Simon" he nods at me.

"Right. You are the boy that is forbidden to speak to Levi".

"Why does everybody know me but I don't know anyone from you?".

"The boss told all of us to keep an eye on you when Levi is around you. That's why".

"Oh. Great".

"So what are you doing now?".

"Studying" he looks at the books in my bed and takes my notebook in his hands.

"Out. What does that mean?" he looks at me.

"I wrote it to Levi so I don't talk with him".

"Isn't that a different way of communication?".

"Yes it is. Mr. De Luca told me to never write anything again" he nods at me and leaves my notebook back to my bed.

"You can study. I won't disturb you at all".

"Yeah. I'm on a break right now".

"Sure".

He walks towards me and gets out at the balcony too. I keep my stare at him but then I shake my head and look away from him. I notice that he lights up a cigarette and then he looks at me.

"Is there any problem?" he asks me.

"No" I simply say and look away from him.

"Ask what you want to ask" he looks in front as he brings the cigarette on his lips.

"Will you be at school too?".

He looks at me again as he blows the smoke out. He analyzes me for a few seconds before he nods at me. I let out a sigh and look away from him again.

"Why? Do you want to tell to Levi something?" he asks me.

"The problem is to how you will explain that to the teachers and the principal".

"Oh no. You didn't understand me. I won't be in your class. I'll have a camera and a microphone on you. Small ones. Hidden in your jacket so I can check everything out. I won't be in your classes. I have work to do while you will be at school".

"And you trust me that much? I could easily take those out".

"Then you will get punished by the boss".

"Of course I will" I say with a sigh.

"You can always get away from it. Follow the rules".

"Then you better put the camera and the microphone on my hoodie. I don't wear my jacket at school".

"Don't you?".

"Nope".

"At least you are saying the truth".

"Mhm. By the way, I won't go to school tomorrow. I have detention" he lets out a sigh.

"How old are you, Simon?".

"8" I look at him.

"And you already got De Luca's attention. That's interesting. How did you even come here?".

"I ran away from home and a man of his (De Luca's) found me. He brought me here so I got stuck here".

"Mhm".

"He wouldn't keep a child that has nothing to do with his Mafia".

"My father was working for him".

"Was? Isn't he anymore?".

"I killed him" I look away from him.

"And the boss allowed it? Wow. And why did you kill him? He didn't buy you something that you wanted or something?" I look back at him as he said.

"Because he was abusive to me" his facial expression changes in a confused one. "I ran away from home because he was ready to kill me multiple times. De Luca's man found me and brought me here after his (De Luca's) orders. He (De Luca) found out who my father really is and gave me the chance to either kill him or let him live" he just stares at me. "I didn't kill him because he didn't buy me something but because he destroyed me".

"I'm sorry about what I said".

"Yeah. Whatever" I go back inside and sit at my bed but I let out a groan. He keeps his stare at me.

"What's wrong? You seem to be in pain".

"I got punished".

"Why?".

"Because I got detention" he looks confused. "Levi and I were giving to each other a paper" I looked at my notebook.

"So you broke his rule".

"Yes, I did".

"You got some balls, kid" he says with a chuckle.

"Mhm".

He doesn't say anything else after that. I pull my books and notebook away and take the plate with food in front of me. I look at the man and he looks at me confused.

"What?" he asks me.

"Can you turn around?" I ask him.

"Why?".

"So I can eat".

"I can't understand".

"I have to take my mask off".

"Then do it".

"Not in front of you".

"Why not?".

I sigh, take my plate and go to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and place the plate on the counter again. I take my mask off and eat the food that Levi brought me. When I'm full, I put the mask back on and then I walk outside. I see the man sitting at my chair. I place the plate back down and sit at my bed again.

"Why don't you take the mask off?" he asks me.

"Because I don't want to".

"That doesn't explain anything".

"You want an explanation? Okay. My father burnt my face and cut me multiple times before I ran away from home. My face is disgusting and I don't want anyone to see it".

"Does the boss allow you to wear the mask?".

"Yes, he does".

"So he has seen your face?".

"He had to".

"And I can't?".

"No".

"Why not?".

"Because I don't want to show you".

"Well I want to see".

"I don't want to".

"That's not an answer".

"Yes, it is" he stands up and walks near me but I stand up too so I can face him.

"Take off the mask, Simon".

"No".

"Do as I say".

"I don't want to take my mask off".

He grabs me and pushes me against the wall. Then he grabs my mask and takes it off. I try to pull away from him but with no success. The whole situation reminds me of my father and I don't want to remember him. Flashbacks come back to my mind, which brings tears in my eyes. He looks at me shocked and he finally pulls away from me. I grab my mask and go to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and sit down at the floor, next to the door. Tears stream down my cheeks so I simply hide my face between my legs. I hear a sound in my room. Like someone falls on the floor. Someone tries to open the door but with no success.

"Simon, open the door".

I hear someone saying. That's definitely De Luca. I pull the mask on immediately and wipe my tears away. I unlock the door and look up to him. He looks down at me but then I see Lorenzo on the floor with blood around his body. De Luca kneels down and we look at each other.

"Are you okay?" he asks me but I just stare at him. My voice will definitely betray me. I simply nod at him. "I want an honest answer" I take a deep breath before I talk.

"I will be" he nods at me.

"You will come with me tomorrow. Okay?".

"Okay, sir" he nods at me.

"You can rest, Simon" I nod at him.

He stands back up and walks outside. He takes Lorenzo in his arms and exits my room. I walk at the balcony and see his (Lorenzo's) cigarettes and his lighter. I take those and take one in between my fingers. I don't have anything to lose or win. I bring it on my lips and light it up with the lighter. I take it away from my lips and blow the smoke out. It's not that bad. It's okay though and it honestly relaxes me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1K 53
With a lawyer of a mother, a step-father constantly busy working too, and a hardly present college student of an older brother, Will Byers doesn't ha...
58.2K 3.2K 40
When eighteen years old Elis moves to spend the summer back in her hometown to face long hidden woes, she meets a sixteen years old girl called Gray...
3.5M 74.9K 37
The story is NOT edited; I apologize for the problem, but I shall edit it as soon as possible. Jasper Lucas is a shy, sweet and easily blushing, 17 y...
16.1K 89 17
Randar. An Estonian Boy who would of lived a normal life, if it wasn't for the murder of his parents at the Age of 3 that broke him. Young and Tough...