Change Of Plans

By RoganHuntzberger2000

Logan proposes to Rory at the graduation party, but she has a secret. How will that secret affect Logan's pla... More

Shock
Graduation
News
Summer
Family
Fall
And Then There Were Three
Adjustment
Wedding
Summer '08
Passing Time
Dad
June
Surprise
Marriage
Unexpected
Announcements
Emily
Growing
And Then There Were Four
Christopher
Summertime
September
Emergency
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Epilogue

Ready Or Not

341 9 1
By RoganHuntzberger2000

One day in early April, Rory and Logan found themselves getting ready for Colin and Stephanie's wedding. Rory want a bridesmaid but Logan was the best man so they were going to the venue a few hours before the wedding actually started. While Rory finished getting ready, Logan finished getting some last minute things done around the house.

"Daddy, I do it" Del said when she saw Logan getting out Leo's food.

"You wanna feed him?" Logan asked

"I do it"

"Ok" Logan scooped out the dog food and then handed the cup to Delilah. "Go pour that in his bowl"

"Thank you" Del said and walked away.

"Ace, are you ready?" Logan called out.

"Can you come zip me up?" Rory asked

"Noodle, stay here, ok? I'll be right back" Logan said and went into his and Rory's bedroom. He zipped up the back of Rory's dress before gently kissing her shoulder. "You look beautiful"

"Thank you" Rory turned around to kiss Logan, but before she could they were interrupted by Delilah running into the room.

"Hiya" Del said

Rory laughed a little and Logan put his forehead against hers. "What do you need, sweetie?" Logan asked.

"We go now?"

"Yes" Rory said. "Go get your shoes and I'll put them on you"

Once Delilah left the room, Logan took the opportunity to kiss Rory quickly before going to help Delilah with her shoes.

Half an hour later they were about 10 minutes away from the venue and Del said the one thing that Rory and Logan dreaded hearing while they were in the car. "Bathroom"

"We're almost there" Logan said. If there was somewhere for him to stop, he would but they were on the highway.

"She's totally not waiting 10 more minutes" Rory said quietly.

"And now I understand why you didn't want to get get dressed at home" Logan said. Rory had insisted on waiting to put Delilah in her dress until they were at the venue.

"Yup" Rory said.

When they got there they doing a bathroom for Del before Logan went to find Colin and while Rory was looking for a place to get Delilah changed, Juliet found her and told her to come hang out in the dressing room with the girls.

"What's with the pajamas?" Rosemary asked, referring to Delilah who wasn't dressed yet.

"Long car rides don't mix well with newly potty trained toddlers" Rory said.

"At least you're not changing diapers anymore" Stephanie said. "Mine is still in diapers and it Sucks". Stephanie and Colin's son Andy was about a year younger than Delilah.

"You realize I'll be back changing diapers in like 3 months, right?" Rory asked. "Where is Andy anyway?"

"With Colin" Stephanie said. "Although by now he probably passed him off to my parents"

"If we're already talking about kids and babies, I never heard what you're having" Rosemary said

"We're not telling anyone" Rory said. She and Logan decided that's nobody, not even their parents, would know what they were having until the baby was born.

"Can you just tell me?" Stephanie asked. "As a wedding present"

"Sorry" Rory chuckled

"I bet the kid knows" Juliet said

"She doesn't" Rory said

"Delilah, is mommy having a boy baby or a girl baby?" Juliet asked

"Little baby" Del said.

"I told you she doesn't know"

——

One weekend, towards the end of May Rory and Logan got serious about changing up the nursery. Even though it was still set up from Delilah, they wanted the new baby to get a space that was made specifically for her. So they decided to work on it one Saturday while Del was napping. Logan had noticed throughout the day that Rory seemed to be in a little bit of pain, but she didn't say anything so he just made a mental note to keep an eye on her.

Rory was sitting on the floor, unpacking baby clothes (they did buy all new clothes clothes for the baby because they donated Del's baby clothes once she grew out of them) while Logan was putting up the new wallpaper. They'd painted the walls a very light pink color and on the wall that would be behind the crib Logan was putting up white wallpaper with pink flowers.

"Why have I never heard of peel and stick wallpaper before?" Logan asked. "Who even invented this?"

"I don't know" Rory said. "I'm still stuck on the fact that we haven't done this yet"

"We've got time" Logan said

"5 weeks is not a lot of time, Logan" Rory said. "Especially when you take into account that Delilah was born 2 weeks early"

"Fine. But look, we'll be fine with this in the next hour and then we'll be ready for baby girl"

"Except that we don't have diapers, or wipes, or bottles"

"Are bottles necessary if you're breastfeeding?" Logan asked

"Yes"

"I will go tomorrow and get all of the stuff that we still don't have"

"We're going to Paris and Doyle's wedding"

"That's in the morning" Logan said. "I'll go after"

"Ok"

A few hours later Rory and Logan were sitting at the kitchen island, eating dinner with Del.

"No. Baby sister is my baby sister" Del said out of nowhere.

"You're funny, you know that?" Logan asked with a chuckle.

"Noodle laughing too" Del said. "Ha ha ha"

Rory laughed for a second before inhaling sharply.

"Ace, what's going on?"

"Nothing, just a pain"

"Pain is not nothing" Logan said. "What's hurting you?"

"The 5 pound baby that's weighing on my back" Rory said. "Really Logan, I'm fine"

"Ok"

"Mama, is Bean heavy?" Del asked

"Well, she feels heavy while she's inside but she won't be when she comes out"

"Yeah, you were pretty little when you were born" Logan said. Delilah was less than 6 and a half pounds when she was born.

"For the sake of my body, let's hope this baby's little too" Rory said.

"I give this to Leo?" Del asked. Whenever she ate anything, Leo would sit by her feet, hoping she'd drop something.

"Leo can't have the mac and cheese, but you can give him a carrot" Logan said. "But you have to tell him to sit first"

Del grabbed a carrot stick from her plate and climbed off her chair. "Leo, sit" she said and Leo sat so she gave him the carrot.

"Good job, baby"

Later that night Rory and Logan were getting ready for bed and Logan could tell that Rory was in pain.

"Ace, are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah"

Logan sighed. "Are you in pain?"

"A little bit, but it's ok"

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault"

"Well actually if you remember, sex on the beach was my idea"

Rory chuckled softly. "I wonder if I'd be pregnant right now if we decided to say at the hotel"

Logan smiled. "So you're sure you're ok?"

"I'm sure" Rory said. "I mean, your daughter's kicking me really freaking hard, but I'm fine"

Logan put his hands on Rory's waist and kissed her softly. "I love you"

"I love you too"

A little before 4am, Logan was woken up by a crying Rory tapping his shoulder. "What? What's wrong?"

"I don't know" Rory said through tears. "I thought I was fine, but I was wrong. Something's wrong, it hurts"

"What hurts?"

"Everything"

"Ok, I'm gonna call Honor to come watch Del and then we'll go to the hospital" Logan said. He grabbed his cell phone from the bedside table and called his sister who luckily only lived a few minutes away.

"Logan, it's 4 in the morning. I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I swear to god, I'm gonna kick your ass" Honor said over the phone.

"Honor, I need you to come stay with Delilah, Rory and I are going to the hospital"

"What? Why?" Honor asked, suddenly finding herself wide awake. "Is she ok?"

"Look, I don't really know what's going on. Can you just come so we can go?" Logan asked. He didn't know if Rory was ok but if she wasn't he wanted to get top the hospital as soon as possible.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes"

"Thank you" Logan said and hung up. "Honor will be here in 10 minutes"

As soon as Honor arrived, Rory and Logan left and went to the hospital.

They were sitting behind a curtain in the emergency room, waiting for Rory's OB to get there.

"It's gonna be ok" Logan said. "You're gonna be fine"

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Rory asked

"I don't know" Logan said. "Both of us, I guess"

When the doctor got there it was completely quiet for a while until she spoke. "Ok, so Rory, it looks like you're in labor, but since it's so early I'm gonna admit you, and give you something to try to stop it and see if we can keep that baby in there for as long as possible"

"Ok"

"If you're still in a lot of pain, I can give you something for that too"

"I don't want to hurt the baby" Rory said

"Don't worry, anything I give you is fine for the baby"

"Ok, then yes please"

"Alright"

Rory was brought up to a room where she and Logan were both able to get a little more sleep until a few hours later when Rory woke up in a lot of pain.

"What's wrong, Rory?" The doctor asked as she rushed into the room. She walked over the the sink to wash her hands. "What do you feel?"

"It hurts" Rory said. "Worse than before"

"Alright, I'm gonna check you really quick" the doctor said as she put on a pair of latex gloves. "In the ER you were 5 centimeters dilated so we're hoping that it's not more" A moment went by before the doctor spoke again. "Rory, we tried, but this baby's not waiting for anything. She's coming now"

"No, it's too early" Rory said.

"It is early, but I'm confident that she'll be fine" the doctor said. "And I'm touching her head, so there's no stopping her now"

"We're having this baby now?" Rory asked

"We're having a baby" Logan said and kissed the top of Rory's head.

"Let's do it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 234 14
Oc x Logan Huntzberger S1 - 7 ©️ derekhalekolmlover
Restart By Ace

Fanfiction

7.7K 260 25
After the end of season 7, Rory and Logan went their separate ways. Rory started work, writing about the presidential campaign of Barack Obama, and...
132K 1.7K 27
In this story the bad girl of Yale, Brooke Gilmore (Rory Gilmore's sister) meets the bad boy of Yale, Logan Huntzberger. As Brooke tries to do her s...
134K 3.9K 40
Five years after saying goodbye at Rory's graduation and living separate lives, Logan and Rory's path cross once again. Sparks fly, but life isn't as...