The Wilted Rose

Por Zach42799

Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows'... Más

Character Bio
Prologue: Beyond Repair
Chapter 1: One tiny problem
Chapter 2: Forehand or Backhand?
Chapter 3: Not without a fight
Chapter 4: Revival
Chapter 5: Initiation
# FUCKIN 3!!!
Chapter 6: Lonesome Road
Roy Winchester/Arsenal Bio
Chapter 7: Indebted
Chapter 8: Welcome to Mantle
Chapter 9: Uncovered
Chapter 10: The Rescue
Chapter 11: Outlaws At Last
Chapter 12: Tremors
Chapter 13: Trust
Chapter 14: Sticks And Stones
1K! Thank You Guys
Chapter 15: The Foundry
Chapter 16: Premonitions
Chapter 17: Death
Chapter 18: Rebirth
Chapter 19: Too Far Gone (Vol.0 Finale)
Chapter 20: Train Ride (Vol. 1 Prologue)
Chapter 21: Sisters
Chapter 22: The Lucky Ones
Chapter 23: Ghost
Chapter 24: Quiet Night
Chapter 25: Protector
Chapter 26: Calm...
Chapter 27: ...Before The Storm
Chapter 28: Lifeline
Chapter 29: Who I Am (Vol. 1 Finale)
Chapter 30: Costly Mistakes (Vol. 1.5 Prologue)
Chapter 31: Critical Care
5K reads!!!
Chapter 32: Testing
Chapter 33: Your Greatest Failure
Chapter 34: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 35: Progress
Chapter 36: Fix Me
Chapter 37: A Silver Bullet
Chapter 38: Should've Known Better
Chapter 39: The Road To Hell Is Paved In Good Intentions....
Chapter 40: Closeness
Chapter 41: Back In School
Next Red Hood Outfit Vote/Closed
Chapter 42: The Much Needed Talk
Chapter 43: The Company We Keep
Chapter 44: Prophecies (Vol. 1.5 finale)
Chapter 45: The Bookstore (Vol. 2 Prologue)
Chapter 46: You Atlesian Joker
Thank you Wattapad....
Chapter 47: Keep It Simple
Chapter 48: What's the plan?
Chapter 49: Fatherly Love
Chapter 50: Something I Cant Let Go Of
Chapter 51: I Hate When I'm Right....
Chapter 52: Takedown
Chapter 53: Goodnight Princess
Chapter 54: Too Much To Lose....
Chapter 55: Between Wants And Needs
Chapter 56: Concept Of Subtilty
Chapter 57: End Of The Line
Chapter 58: Nothing I Wont Do
Chapter 59: You Have Achieved Nothing
Chapter 60: Three Simple Words (Vol. 2 Finale)
Bonus Chapter: Your Scars Are Beautiful *Lemon*
Chapter 61: Demon (Vol. 3 Prologue)
Chapter 62: Round One
Chapter 63: I've Got Nothing For You
Chapter 64: Round Two
Chapter 65: We're Talking Aren't We?
Chapter 66: The Vault
Chapter 67: Breaking Point
Important Notice/updated
Chapter 68: Firing Squad
Chapter 69: Nightmare
Chapter 70: Better Tomorrow
Important Notice Pt. 2
Chapter 71: The Easy Part
Chapter 72: Do Or Die
Chapter 73: Failure
Chapter 74: Two Options
Chapter 75: Bad Joke
Chapter 76: House Of Cards
Chapter 77: Bid Farewell
Chapter 78: Everything That Came Before
Chapter 80: Someone's Got To Stay (Book 1 Finale)
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 79: Recovery

239 10 4
Por Zach42799

Beacon

9:21 PM

The Fall is Here

Y/n Pov

I faded in and out of consciousness, going back and forth between past and present. Dying supposedly made your life flash before your eyes, but the first time I died, it never happened. Maybe I just didn't have anything worth remembering back then. Or maybe my mind is so poisoned against me at this point that it really was taunting me. It didn't really matter at this point anyway....

Penny was dead. Junior was dead. Melania was dead. Pyrrha was dead, and soon I would be added to that list. I haven't heard anything from Neo or Torchwick so I assume they're gone too. My vision faded in and I lifted my head for a second and I saw the Wyvern standing above me. That was not a great thing to be looking up at. It growled lowly, before I heard a groan.

I couldn't really move around to see but I didn't need to wonder who it was. Cinder stood up, looking like she had been through hell. It was only now that I made the connection between her and the vision. She was the one who does me in. I laid my head back down, just waiting for the inevitable ending to this story. I barely recognized Cinders voice when she spoke. It was raspy, as if her vocal cords were damaged somehow. 

Cinder: Y-you.... And your family.... A-always getting in the way....

Y/n: What can I say...? We- *Groans*  -Love to be a pain in the ass....

Cinder: I will.... Admit.... You were more trouble than.... I ever.... Thought you would be....

Y/n: High praise.... Coming from you, Bitch....

Cinder: *Chuckles* Still fighting after all this.... Maybe after I'm done with you, I'll move on to your sister. 

I lifted my head back up and saw CInder completely. Her arm was gone and her clothes in tatters. I wondered what happened to have done this to her but quickly lost interest when she leaned down to pick something up, giving me a clear view behind her. Ruby was laying unconscious on the ground. I looked to my left and saw Black, well out of reach. When I looked back at Cinder, I found the matching pistol. 

Cinder: Your lucky I don't have time to *Pained Grunt* make the rest of your short, miserable life even worse. I've always hated firearms,- *Pained Whimper* -but it's fitting that you'll be killed with your own gun.

I stared Cinder in the eyes, knowing what was coming. 

Y/n: The... Story.... Only ever.... Had one ending....

I closed my eyes and waited for the lights to go out, hoping that Ruby got up before it was her turn....

....

....

....

*Bang*

*ROOOOOAAAAR*

My eyes snapped open when I saw heard the Wyvern roar. 

Qrow: GET AWAY FROM HIM!

Qrow was throwing everything at Cinder while Cinder desperately backed up. The Wyvern tried to slap Qrow with its wing but Qrow easily went over it, slashing it in the face with his weapon in scythe form. I looked to the left and at Black. I knew I had to try. Painfully, I turned myself over and crawled for the gun. I half expected for Cinder to see me and put one in the back of my head before I made it. Regardless, I pulled myself forward. 

I was weak from the blood loss, but I didn't allow myself to stop. Inch by inch, I crawled until my hand found the pistol. I turned over to my back and brought my pistol up. My vision was going double and blurry. I couldn't hold the gun straight, or even tell who was who so I had a fifty-fifty chance of hitting Cinder.... Provided I didn't miss. 

Both Cinder and Qrow were moving extremely fast, and the Wyvern interfering with the two of them was making it harder. It wasn't until Cinder let loose a stream of fire at Qrow that I knew which was which. I aimed shakily at Cinder, focusing solely on her. It all hinged on me hitting the mark.... I fired....

*Bang*

Cinder snapped her head to me and I knew that I missed. Qrow jumped in between Cinder and I but Cinder was prepared for it. As he was about to swing, she blasted him in the chest, knocking him towards the Wyvern and the Wyvern lowered its head down to kill Qrow. In a split second, my mind snapped back into focus and seeing Qrow about to be killed as well, I screamed out. 

Another blinding flash cascaded over the area. When it subsided, the Wyvern was frozen in stone and Cinder was on her knees near the edge of the tower. Her injuries now including her eye looking like it had been burnt out of her head. Without thinking twice, I brought my pistol up and fired again, this time hitting her. She gagged and grabbed her throat before she fell backwards off the tower. I presumed to her death. 

I lowered my pistol and laid my head back down. Everything started to go hazy and dim again. I figured that I wouldn't wake up this time. I was barely even able to keep my eyes open. Absentmindedly, I noticed Qrow grabbing me and picking me up. This felt all too familiar. Like I was back to being a kid, when Raven saved me. This time though, it was the one I wanted to save me. 

It didn't matter if he could or not, the fact that he was here this time was enough. My vision dimmed leaving me in darkness, as my hearing began to leave me. When my consciousness finally left me, all I could focus on was that for the first time in almost eleven years now, I finally did have my father back....

....

....

....

Ruby Pov

7:14 AM

Three Days Later

I don't know how long I was out or where I even was. At first, all I could focus on was the splitting headache and the intense pain in my left arm. Slowly but surely, I opened my eyes and barely recognized the room until it clicked that I was back home. If it wasn't for the pain I felt, I would have thought that everything was just a bad dream. I could hear voices coming from outside the door, though I was having a hard time recognizing who it was. 

???: Hmm.... Nothing....

???: Just turn it off. With the CCT down, there's no point....

???: Communications down and no way to contact the outside world.... Just lovely....

???: Don't forget Ozpins still missing....

???: Yeah.... This is worse than I ever thought it could get.

???: Hmm.... Why help us?

???: Your sons a friend.

???: ....Strange friends he has....

That gave a little clarity on who was talking. I sat up in the bed as the door opened. Just as I thought, Qrow and Torchwick were the ones talking. Neither thought I would be up but both looked equally glad that I was. 

Torchwich: Hey little red. Didn't figure you would be up so soon. 

Ruby: W-what happened?

Qrow: I found you unconscious near Y/n. I got you both out of there....

Trochwick: With a little help from me. 

At the mention of Y/n, everything rushed back to me. The colosseum, Vale, Beacon.... Yang.

Ruby: Wait! Where's Yang!? Is she ok!?

Qrow: She's fine kiddo.... Just.... Gonna have to get used to some things....

Ruby: What happened to the School and Vale? Where the Grimm cleared out?

Torchwick: Vale is under control but Beacon....

Qrow: Not so much.... That thing at Beacon doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, Y/n did a number on it but it's still there. I don't need to tell you that's not normal for Grimm. 

Ruby: What did he do to it?

Qrow: It's.... frozen.

I was confused for a moment before I remembered that Y/n was hurt.

Ruby: Where's Y/n and Pyrrha?

Torchwick and Qrow looked at each other 

Torchwick: Y/ns.... Hurt.... Real bad....

Ruby: ....How bad?

Qrow: ....He lost a lot of blood. The fact that he's still alive is, put simply, an anomaly. With his wounds and the blood he lost, he should be dead....

Ruby: But he'll be ok though.... Right....

Qrow: ....I wish I knew....

Ruby: What about Pyrrha? 

Qrow: ....She's gone....

Hearing that hit me hard. I couldn't hold back the tears. I failed to save Penny, and now I failed to save Pyrrha and Y/n. Torchwick excused himself from the room, leaving only me and Qrow. Qrow sat on the edge of the bed and hugged me, letting me get it all out. I didn't know what was worse. Losing Pyrrha and Penny. Or the thought of losing my brother again. Qrow broke away when I finally finished crying. 

Qrow: Ruby, what was the first thing Oz said to you when you first met?

Ruby: What? Um... I think it was-

Qrow: It was about silver eyes, right?

Ruby: ....Yeah.... What about it?

Qrow: Silver eyes is a rare trait. Rarer still that two people in the same family have them. You see, Remnants full of legends. Some true, some not. As for the silver eyes story, Back before Huntsmen and Kingdoms, it's said that those born with silver eyes are destined to lead the lives of a warrior. That their special because the most fearsome monsters mankind had ever encountered, the Grimm, were afraid of them. They were the best of the best and that they could strike down a Grimm with just a look. Its a ridiculous story.

Ruby: But you think that I might be....

Qrow: Well between you and your brother, there's a giant monster currently frozen on top of Beacon tower and you two are here. Safe. 

It was a lot to take in. There were plenty of stories that I heard growing up, but this was the first time I heard this one. I wondered if Y/n knew about this. I then remembered my initiation. He had turned a death stalker to stone. Was that the silver eyes thing? Does that mean that I can do the same thing, that it's true?

Ruby: Wait, how do you know what Ozpin said to me, when we first met?

Qrow: All the missions I go on have been for Ozpin. But with him missing now, I have to pick up where he left off. Something is in motion. Something that Ozpin and Y/n were trying to stop....

Ruby: ....What can I do?

Qrow: Hmm?

Ruby: If I'm so special, then I can help right?

Qrow: You can help. Stay in bed and rest. Your in no condition to go anywhere right now.

Qrow turned to walk out the door before stopping. I could have swore I heard him chuckle a little before turning back to me. 

Qrow: Besides, the trail leads all the way to Haven. That's quite the journey.... For a pip-squeak like you.

Ruby: Hey!

Qrow: *Chuckles* Catch ya later kiddo.

Qrow walked out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts. He knew what he was doing telling me this. He knew that I would try. I tried to lift the covers when my arm reminded me that it was broken. Regardless, that needed to heal before I do anything. I sighed and looked at the nightstand. The picture of Yang and I with Y/n and Mom on the cliff was sitting there. I reached over and picked it up. All I could wonder is if I was going to lose my brother again....

Y/n Pov

6:32 PM

Fourteen Days Later

I felt like death had spit me back out. I was in my foggy mindscape but I payed that little mind. I figured that I would die eventually.... Or maybe this was purgatory. That would really fucking suck if it was. I felt everything. My abdomen feeling like it was cut open. My teeth where that bullet hit my mask. Everything. It was unpleasant to say the least. 

The whole time I was out, exactly nothing happened. No visions. No dreams. It was just a barren wasteland that I was alone in. Maybe all that was gone too now.... I remember everything that happened. The only comforts was that Cinder might be dead now, I mean I did shoot her in the throat so.... Yeah. The next was that Qrow was there this time. If I pulled through this, me and him had a lot to talk about. Right as I thought that, the wasteland began to fade and within seconds, I woke up. 

I was in a hospital room, hooked up to several machines. I tried to shift but I found out real quick that there was a chest tube in me as well as a catheter. The chest tube was one thing, but I really didn't want to tear my dick in two.... I tried to lift my arms next but one of them was cuffed.... Of course it was. Guess I was playing along until I made enough of a recovery to move on my own. 

It looked like a normal hospital so it shouldn't be too hard to escape once I was ready. For now though, despite being asleep for however long, I was still exhausted. I closed my eyes, trying to think of something that would bring me some comfort. The only thing that would was Weiss and the thought of seeing her again.

3rd Person Pov

Two Month Later

The doctor over Y/n was astounded at the progress that he had made. The fact that he was alive at all was amazing, but the fact that he was recovering at such a rate and retaining his faculties after losing so much blood was unheard of. It was amazing to observe. The boy was a rather interesting case all around. 

One thing the doctor didn't find so interesting was the boys temperament. Always non-compliant with whatever he was told, regardless of if it came from the doctor herself or the police who were guarding his door, both for his protection and ours. After the incident, the people wanted someone to blame, and since he was the one in the center of it, he was the one. 

Looking over Y/n chart, despite having wounds that should have taken upwards to six months to heal from, he was already at the half way point of his recovery. If he would ever comply with anything they asked of him, they would find that he was draining his Aura into healing himself. They suspected it, but even still, it was still good progress. 

The doctor looked up from the chart and made her way to the boys room. Two policemen were standing guard at his door. The only ones able to come and go were the doctors and nurses over his care. The two officers took one look at the doctor before letting her pass. They had seen her enough times to know she was allowed in. The doctor opened the door and the first thing she noticed was a opened window. The next.... empty bed.... 

Y/n Pov

6:36 AM

Climbing down the side of the top floor of the hospital was a fun experience, especially with the aches and pains I still had. At least I didn't still have a hole in my gut. If Weiss thought my scars were beautiful before, wait until she sees these things.... Their horrifying to look at. Even I'm surprised that I survived.

Regardless, I was at least able to move.... Just not fast.... I needed to get some less conspicuous clothes and preferably something for the chill. Which is why I was heading for one of my many safehouses. Specifically, one that was already on its way out of town. Staying here was way too risky. I needed somewhere close but not to far away. I already had a place in mind. I was sure that they would want to see me as well.

But that started with actually getting out of here. I stuck to the alleyways, trying to avoid open areas. The Grimm and White Fang did a number on this place. It didn't help that looters were running rampant in the streets with no one to stop them. It was sickening to see. After all the work I put into cleaning up the streets, it amounted to squat.

I returned my attention to the task at hand. I wasn't in any condition to be worrying about that right now, much less doing something about it. Right now, the only goal I had was getting something to wear and getting the hell out of here. The walk was unhindered. Huntsmen and police were more interested in trying to retain order, what little there was, while everyone else rebuilt. It looked like progress on that front was slow going.

The safehouse was a apartment building on the edge of the city. The building was practically destroyed from all the chaos of the fighting. I tore down the caution tape and walked inside to the third floor. The door was damaged so I didn't need to worry to much about getting in. Entering the room, it was untouched. A stark difference from the rest of the building. That worked out well.

I looted my safehouse for any clothes I could find. Black cargo pants and a Kevlar patched shirt. It was more like armor but given what I saw on the way here, it might be better to be armored. As for weapons, I grabbed a single 9mm pistol and a knife. All of my equipment was missing so it was either taken as evidence or Qrow took it off of me. Hopefully the latter.

After getting my stuff, I walked back out of the room, closing the door behind me. The only evidence that I was here being that the tape in front of the building was torn down. Now all I needed to do was get out. There were Bullheads that were coming and going about a mile away from the safe house, part of the reason I chose this place as a safehouse to begin with. My next stop was home....

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

21.2K 261 16
I don't own RWBY, BlazBlue, or any images or videos used in this story, they belong to their respective owners. Also, this story is going to be headi...
28K 621 16
{RWBY x Abused/Neglected/Betrayed Male Reader x Assassin's Creed: Valhalla} [BETA Series] Before the Raven Clan of Fornburg in Norway, enter the isla...
7.6K 519 49
Vale has fallen, but the fight isn't over yet. Salem has to be stopped or the same fate that fell upon Vale will fall on the other Kingdoms. But with...