𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 • 𝐒𝐨𝐧...

By agent_stark

"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪" 𝘿𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠... More

cast
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24

chapter 4

383 21 2
By agent_stark

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

4. gutter ball

Jocelyn sat at her desk, typing away as Carisi was doing the same. She pushed up her glasses every now and then, taking little break, rubbing her eyes and walking to stretch her legs.

"Don't you ever stay still?" Carisi chuckles as she comes back from her lunges from the break room.

"Couldn't feel my legs, had to." She sits back down. A man came in, asking for Amaro, he just waltz in, putting on a show. Olivia had to get Amaro from the integration room.

"Nicolas Amaro." He introduced himself to Sonny. "Nick Amaro's father." Jocelyn drops her pen and puts on a smile.

"Dominick Carisi Jr, funny that Amaro and I are named after our fathers." Sonny shakes his hand.

"And you are?" He winks at Jocelyn. She drops her smile.

"Jocelyn Peña."

"Jocelyn Peña." He repeated in an accent. Amaro Sr. takes her hand and kisses her knuckles. Jocelyn takes back her hand, Sonny can tell by the look of her face, she was uncomfortable. "Nicky never told me that he's working with someone who is so beautiful." Thats it. Sonny cuts in, stepping in.

"Peña, lets get some food, im starving." Jocelyn gets up from her chair. Sonny grabs her coat and bag, placing his hand on her back so they could walk together.

"You didn't have to do that Sonny." Jocelyn puts in her coat. "I had things that were far worst than a old man flirting with me."

"He was getting too close." They hopped out the elevator and headed to the parking lot. Jocelyn walks besides him to the car and warmed up for a bit as Sonny took her out to eat. It was some deli shop that was down a few blocks from the precinct. Jocelyn walks around the store as Sonny ordered their sandwiches. "Ready?" he shows her the bag.

"Hold on." She pays for a bag of chips and soda. They sat in the car for a while as they took an early lunch. "This is so good." She hums as Sonny had been speaking about how good the sandwiches were. "You didn't lie."

"Come on, i would never lie to you." They chuckled.

"This is the best meal I have ever eaten since i got here." Sonny backs up. There was no way.

"Meal? Please tell me you at least cook." She didn't say anything. She doesn't cook, never had the patience to do it. Sonny throws his head back. "Jocey..." He breathes out. Jocelyn takes it back, did he call her Jocey? Nobody really calls her that, matter in fact, nobody gave her that nickname. Its only his to use.

"Dom..." She calls him. His eyes fell on her, Dom, he likes it. He likes how it sounds from her. Sonny shakes it off, bringing himself back to the land of the living.

"Well, one of these days im gonna make you a nice meal."

"Just let me know so I can actually stock up my fridge."

"You have no food?"

"I do. Takeout." They laughed again. "I just don't have time with work and my family, its hard."

"No judgment." She goes back to eating. They sat in silence for a bit until Sonny speaks again. "Can I ask you something?"

"Uh oh." She takes a sip of her drink. "Shoot."

"Im going bowling tonight with some buddies from Fordham, everyone is bringing someone, wanna go?" Jocelyn hums. She has nothing to do. "You don't have to, i mean, i thought maybe-"

"Sure Dom."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jocelyn headed home to get ready. She didn't want to go all out, it is cold, and its just bowling. But it's Carisi. Working with him has been a great experience. Its also distracting. The man is memorizing. His smile, that cheeky smile. Those dimples. But Jocelyn knew that it wasn't allowed. But a girl can dream. Jocelyn heard a knock, she opens the door, there was Carisi.

"Hi!" She lets him in. "Sorry its messy." She directed him to the island for him to sit. Mulder runs in and starts jumping and barking. "Mulder, ya!" Sonny kneels down and starts playing with him. "Sorry, he doesn't get a lot of visitors."

"Ahh no problem. Mulder huh? As in the X Files guy?"

"Fox Mulder, i had a huge crush on him as a kid." Jocelyn turns to look at him. "Just let me get my shoes."

"Its fine." He looks around the unopened boxes. "I can help you with that." He tells her.

"Don't have to do that." Jocelyn comes in with her shoes on. "Ready?" She sighs as she puts on her coat. Sonny follows and they headed out. Sonny drove, listening to some music and talking about work.

"These friends, they are cool and all. Some can be jerks."

"I lived with a three guys in my life." Her dad, Alex and Issac. "It wont be a problem." They pulled up to the parking lot and they headed inside. As soon the doors closed, Sonny was greeted by his friends. Mr. Popular.

"Hey guys!" He waves, getting Jocelyn and him the shoes. "Grayson!" He points out. Jocelyn follows him to the group and puts on her shoes. "Guys, this is my partner, Jocelyn."

"Sonny never said he had a girlfriend." A girl said as she sip on her beer.

"Oh no!" The two shake.

"She works with me, she new to New York, thought it would be nice to take her out and show her around." Sonny smiles. He lets Jocelyn sit down, everyone drinking and bowling. Jocelyn sat and watched, they were speaking about law school and their teacher. Pretty much nobody was bowing, just chatting. "Alright Jocey, your turn." Sonny calls her up. She gets up, grabs the ball and stands by Sonny. "You need help?"

"Is this your excuse for you to hold me?" Sonny starts to get flustered. "Im kidding Dominick." She finally said his name. I usually doesn't let anyone call him that but they way it just sounds from her, her accent came out. He wouldn't fight it. She can say it whenever she likes. He takes step back and she lets go of the ball, Gutter Ball.

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" The group chants. Anyone who got gutter, had to chug the beer.

"You don't have to." Sonny whispers.

"Im sorry." Jocelyn excused herself and heads to the bar they had. "Let me get a modelo." She gives the bartender a smile.

"Don't like the stuff we got?" One of Sonny's friends comes up, standing by her.

"Dont get me wrong, your taste in beer sucks." He nods, laughing. "I wasn't going to chug that. My skills faded since i graduated from college."

"Grayson." He introduced himself to her.

"Jocelyn." Sonny was laughing away with his classmates, he looks around for Jocelyn and then he sees her with Grayson. His smile faded as he watched them laughing. His eyes burned into Grayson as he hands Jocelyn her phone back. Sonny walks up to them, standing next to Jocelyn.

"Whats going here?" Sonny fakes a smile.

"Just talking." Grayson stands up.

"Jocey, you ready to go?" Sonny looks at her. Jocelyn drinks the rest of her drink. "See you in class Grayson." Sonny grabs Jocelyn's coat and before Grayson said anything they were out of there. The ride again was quiet, just Sonny keeping his eyes on the road, Jocelyn playing with her hands, trying to see why it was so quiet.

"What did Grayson say?" Sonny finally says as he parks in front of Jocelyn's apartment.

"Really bad pick up lines." She throws her head back, looking at him. Sonny was looking back at her. "He was trying to take me out, gave him my number."

"Are you?" Jocelyn licks her lips. She can feel the jealousy. "Are you gonna let him?"

"Why you want to take me out first?" Sonny scuffs, looking away from her. "Dont shy me away now Dominick."

"Im not saying you are wrong or right, im just saying that Grayson, he aint the one. Hes not the smartest man." Vic smiles.

"Well, he isn't my type." She unbuckles her seatbelt. "Im all yours Dom." Jocelyn winks and leaves. That just begins the flirting war. She heads to her apartment. Sonny leaves as she turns on her lights, waiting to see if she got inside. Jocelyn puts her bag down and sat to play with Mulder, she sits there, thinking of Sonny. Just the thought of him made her feel better, he's really a gentleman. She felt like herself whenever shes with Sonny.She was never like this around Jensen. Ever. Jocelyn brushes the thoughts away and gets her stuff ready for work.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The whole thing with Amaro's dad, supposedly beating his soon to be wife, going to trial. Jocelyn knew Barba was going through hell. She went on her break, grabbing some lunch for Barba and herself.

"Im here to see Rafael Barba." Jocelyn walks up to Barba's assistants desk. Carmen walks up to the door and announces that Jocelyn is there. Barba stands up, wondering why Jocelyn is here. "I brought lunch!" She shows the white bag with take out. "I kinda figured that you haven't ate because they are working you." She sits down, handing him his food.

"You meet Amaro's dad?"

"I can see why Nick doesn't want nothing to do with him." They began to eat. Jocelyn crossed her legs in the chair in front of Barba's desk. He flips his tie back, eating the Thai food she brought.

"What did he do to you?"

"Just be creepy, he kissed my hand and called me beautiful." She eats her noddles. Barba stops eating. "Dont worry, Sonny pulled me way before it got worse."

"You and Carisi are close."

"He's my partner, am I not supposed to?" The door opens and Liv pops in. She was shocked to see the sight.

"Am I interrupting?" She smiles.

"Just brought Barba lunch." Jocelyn licks her lips. "Ill go, make sure you eat counselor." Jocelyn packs it up and takes off. Liv watches her detective leave and goes up to Barba.

"No." He stops her, he knew what she was thinking. "Nothing there. Shes nice, yes. No time for dating. Not interested."

"Alright, just saying." Olivia puts her hands up.

"Is she always this happy?" Olivia laughs.

"Shes one of the rare ones, but i can see she's good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 68 17
𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗡𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘃𝘂. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱...
2K 80 8
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙞 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙖𝙛𝙖𝙚𝙡 𝙗𝙖𝙧𝙗𝙖 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚...
1.3K 62 6
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝘁...
10.2K 493 23
From the start of her story, Olivia Benson had a lot of ups and downs. She fell in love with her former detective, but once things got more serious e...