Always, Tulip

By Maureentab

~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who wor... More

▫️Preface
▫️One
▫️Two
▫️Three
▫️Four
▫️Five
▫️Six
▫️Seven
▫️Eight
▫️Nine
▫️Ten
▫️Eleven
▫️Twelve
▫️Thirteen
▫️Fourteen
▫️Fifteen
▫️ Sixteen
▫️ Seventeen
▫️ Eighteen
▫️ Nineteen
▫️Twenty
▫️Twenty-one
▫️Twenty-two
▫️ Twenty-three
▫️Twenty-four
▫️Twenty-five
▫️Twenty-six
▫️ Twenty-seven
▫️Twenty-eight
▫️Twenty-nine
▫️Thirty
▫️ Thirty-one
▫️Thirty-two
▫️ Thirty-three
▫️Thirty-four
▫️ Thirty-five
▫️ Thirty-six
▫️ Thirty-seven
▫️Thirty-eight
▫️Thirty-nine
▫️Forty
▫️ Forty-one
▫️Forty-two
Extra : proposal
▫️Forty-three
▫️ Epilogue
Author's note
🔸Bonus | 1
🔹Bonus | 2
🔸Bonus | 3

▫️Forty-four

9.4K 288 56
By Maureentab

Grey's pov

I was a happy man.

My dream was slowly turning to a reality and I was very much content with this part of my life.

Out of all the days I felt the happiest, today was the greatest of them all.

It was the day I married the love of my life.

I was marrying Ginelle Spencer and I couldn't stop grinning at this.

Never in a million years would I have believed that such a time would come in my life.

I looked back at my reflection through the mirror as the guys chuckled beside me as they took photos of ourselves.

They had helped me dress appropriately into the dark blue suit my love had chosen for me.

There was a small white tulip at the left side of my breast pocket and I lightly felt over the soft material.

I grinned again, my attention no longer on the men around me as I thought of my wife to be.

What was she doing now? Was she excited just like I was? How would she look in her wedding gown?

Obviously I had seen her that day when we went to try on our gowns together but today was different.

She looked so wonderful then and that's why I was growing impatient to see her now.

My fingers itched and I reached for my collar as I tried to adjust the already perfect bowtie.

"You'll get to see her soon," Enzo patted my shoulder to stop this anxious habit of mine I had developed this morning.

They all knew we never stayed away from each other for this long. It was now six hours since the last time I saw her lovely face.

I knew the girls had taken her for her preparation but I did miss the warmth of her skin and the melody in her voice.

I couldn't contact her either because our phones were at home, the boys had insisted that I wouldn't need the gadget.

"How does it feel to be a groom?" Jo initiated small talk to keep me occupied so that I'd concentrate at least.

"This is the best feeling I've ever known," I looked at the promise ring on my finger and smiled.

"I feel so glad to have such a wonderful woman by my side whom I can rely on at anytime."

"It's the best thing ever, to have your woman with you forever."

Louis and Reece patted my back in understanding while Jo and Enzo exchanged confused glances.

We shifted the conversation to something else as I continued to impatiently stay in my seat.

I wanted to be with her.

"Everything is done now, let's get this started." Reece popped his head back into the room after discussing something with the staff outside.

I rose up at those words, Louis adjusting my bowtie that I had messed up with for the nth time.

"This is your day, relax." Jo patted my back as we all walked out of the room.

They led me towards the venue of our event and since it was just nearby, we got there in no time.

Elle and I had agreed to go for an indoor wedding and seeing how perfect everything had turned out, I couldn't wait to see her.

There quite a number of people already seated though the first family members to see were Nana and Elle's mother.

These two were seated beside each other and as I walked down towards the front, they cheered excitedly.

The MC psyched up the crowd into more cheers and for the first time I didn't feel anxious to have all the attention.

With Reece being just a few steps behind me as my best man, I eventually got to the front.

Olive, Lora and Nana's bright faces made me smile naturally as I held my hands behind my back.

The guys' procession followed next and I heard more squeals till they eventually got to their seats.

I noticed Rosie and her husband in the process and they smiled at seeing Reece and I standing at the front.

My eyes drifted to the entrance when the next procession arrived. This time it was the page boys together with the flower girls.

They all looked wonderful but they didn't have that one thing I was waiting for.

I heard Reece sigh dreamily when the bridesmaids came in and I could imagine him just staring at his girl.

They also took their seats and after a pin drop silence filled the place, everyone turned to see who came in next.

I grinned widely at the trio that came in next. Mayella and Dalton walked in hand in hand followed by Leila.

Mayella was carrying a small bouquet of flowers on her left hand while Dalton held a small box in his free hand.

Everyone cheered at the two till they got to the front. I smiled at them, Reece taking the box from Dalton's hand.

With the help of Leila, the two were guided to their seats but something pinned at their backs caught my attention.

Masha, here comes your girl!

I saw her, she's beautiful!

I shifted on my feet, the strings of my heart slowly pulling together as I looked at the entrance.

And there she was. The most beautiful woman, my bride.

I blinked twice, my fingers twitching again as I stared at her. I hadn't even seen her face but she did look dazzling from where I was standing.

Next to her was her dad and they slowly started to walk towards the front, following a soft melody.

My eyes didn't drop from her veil once, her face becoming clearer with each step she took towards me.

I didn't see anything else other than her small frame that was now covered in a shiny bright dress.

An angel, she looked like one.

"Stay back man, you have to wait till she gets here." Reece whispered as he pulled my arm when I made a step forward.

It felt so painful to wait but I heeded to his words, staring ahead. Her soft brown eyes eventually met mine and she smiled.

It was that one smile she had for me, the one I got butterflies over and it was no different today.

This awesome lady was going to me mine forever. What special thing had I done to get this lucky?

We maintained our eye contact till we were right in front of each other, before the whole congregation.

"I give Ellie to you this day because I know she'll be safe in your care." Her father shook my hand firmly and I nodded with equal vigor.

He held the palm of my hand a while longer before slowly placing my hand on his daughter's.

"I give my blessings to you two," he looked between the two of us and then walked back to his seat.

He had given his only child to me.

For a second, I felt lightheaded over this great sacrifice he'd done for me and I felt a foreign substance sting in my eyes.

Ginelle's warm hand joined over my own in the process and I felt her squeeze my palm reassuringly.

I gathered myself back and then slowly went to remove her face veil. She was just like I'd imagined.

So beautiful

So lovely

So exquisite

She smiled at me again and it was the most admirable thing I had seen today.

I smiled at her, my eyes taking in her entire face from the layout of her hair to the base of her neck where I tried not to focus so much.

"Sweetheart, you're stunning." I admitted truthfully and almost immediately, her cheeks reddened.

"You look so fine Grey," I couldn't help but smile when she said so and then moved to wipe something away from my arm.

Reece cleared his throat beside me and we silently listened to the wedding administrator as he talked about the expectations in marriage.

I occasionally peeked at my left and seeing my girl wearing an equally excited face, I grinned.

Soon the time to exchange our vows came and I let Elle go first since we had planned it that way.

"Grey, I first of all wanted to say that I love you." Everyone else in the room chuckled and my neck flushed at those love words.

"I'm glad that our relationship has gotten to this point. Every minute spend with you has been of great value to me."

"I have learned so much from you. With you I have learned to have hope, to believe in myself, to trust others and above all, I have learned to love."

"I promise to be with you for the rest of my life. I will take every step with you and I shall always be your tulip."

My eyes glistened when she finished her vow and I blinked severally as I removed my hands from my pant pockets.

"Sweetheart, I shall always be your man." There were sounds of awe around us but my focus remained on her.

"I am so blessed to have met you, that I'm sure of. I can't seem to remember what life used to be before you."

"You made me realize my potentials, your words do empower me greatly and I'm so elated to be part of your life."

"I pray for a future where we'll build each other and grow together. I know with you we can."

"My promise to you is that no matter what, I shall be your first choice. I'll be there right beside you with my shoulder inclined your way."

She looked up at me with soft tender eyes and nodded at every word I was saying.

Our administrator stood between the two of us and turned to Elle as Reece brought forth our rings.

"Ginelle Spencer, do you take Grey Marshal to be your lawly wedded husband? In health and in sickness, in times of challenges and in times if celebration, do you promise to be with him for the rest of your life?"

"Yes, I do." I smiled at her as she slowly slipped the ring into my ring finger, all the while watching her face.

She was ecstatic just as much as I was. She twisted my hand around as if to admire the glow of the ring.

"Grey Marshal, do you take Ginelle Spencer to be your lawly wedded wife? In health and in sickness, in times of challenges and in times of celebrations, do you promise to be with her for the rest of your life?"

"Yes, I do promise."

Ginelle smiled at that and I sealed the promise with a ring on her finger similar to mine.

"I officially announce you as husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

My hands went to her waist first and smiled widely like never before then leaned down to take her lips in mine.

I smiled into the kiss, my excitement tripling when she grabbed the front of my suit for support.

Pulling apart when the congregation before us started to shout, I pecked her forehead instead and tucked a fallen strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'll always love you, Ginelle Marshal."

She blushed and my thumb grazed over that beautiful colour.

Together we signed our marriage certificate and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the change of her name.

She was now a Marshal.

My wife.

We kissed again after sealing everything and out of excitement, I picked her up in my arms.

I didn't pay much attention to those around us as my eyes stared into her own, the smiles on our faces never dimming.

"We're married!" We exclaimed at the same time and I chuckled at the surprised look on her face.

"I'm so happy Grey, how do you feel?" She adjusted my bowtie and I just gazed at her face in adoration.

"I'm over the moon," her bright smile matched my own and I held her closer to myself.

She cupped my face into her right palm and my head turned to the side, nuzzling into her so that I'd feel more of her touch.

I almost closed my eyes at her soft stroking that made me sigh happily until I felt the touch of her lips on my left cheek.

Still in my arms, I asked for another kiss on the lips and she shyly looked around us to see everyone looking our way.

I pouted when she just wrapped her arms around my neck but I happily carried her outside where we took quite a number of photos.

We took pictures with friends and family. Elle taking one with the girls while I had one with the boys.

Mayella and Dalton too stood to be filmed but I didn't know whether they understood what was really happening.

They however smiled and seemed to be happy with the rest of the kids and that was all that mattered.

Afterwards Nana came to pat our arms affectionately, this all being a dream come true to her.

"I wish you a happy married life," she proceeded to hug us at once and we both embraced her lovingly.

Elle's parents and relatives as well as the Williams' wished us a lovely life and we both thanked them.

"Let's see who'll be next in marriage," Leila mobilized the crowd around us and I heard the bridesmaids squeal as they stood behind us.

Ginelle and I exchange a curious look and at the count of three, she threw the flowers in her hands backwards where squeals darted around.

I held her upper arm for support as she turned around to see who got the flowers and to our surprise, they landed into the arms of an unexpecting Enzo.

He fumbled over the bouquet with his hands, everyone squealing around him but he just stared at the flowers in his hands with mild interest.

Not letting my wife tire her arms, I let her throw the flowers again for two more times after everyone had begged her.

Later on, Mayella and Dalton led the congregation to the reception as we slowly danced to various songs.

It was fun, dancing with my wife.

Everyone requested us to do a couple dance which we eventually obliged into though I didn't want Elle standing for long.

I knew her feet would normally ache if she stood for long so I made sure she got some rest after two dances.

We led everyone into the cake cutting ceremony, Elle feeding me a big chunk of cake that I barely swallowed but she offered me some juice as she patted down my back.

"My husband?" She sweetly whispered away from the crowd and I stole a kiss from her inviting lips that called me over.

"Yes, my wife?" I called her using the same phrase, feeling so ecstatic that we had crossed over to the other side.

"We shall be together for the rest of our lives?" She asked it so excitedly that it felt more of a statement.

"Always, tulip. For the rest of our lives, you are my wife and I am your husband."

I was obviously smiling as I admitted so. I was ready to be her husband, I was ready to shoulder every responsibility coming my way.

I looked at her smiling face and wondered, what would the combination of brown and grey result to?

But one thing, I did love this statement: for the rest of our lives.

I loved the sound of that.

✪ ✪ ✪

Up next is the epilogue, don't let go of Ginelle and Grey's story yet.

(⁠๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 613 66
Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars that slammed into me hard and sent my chaot...
1.1K 53 12
"Continue reading for me, baby," I breathed against her breast, my tongue lazily grazing against her perk nipple. "Tell me what he does next to his g...
47.2K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
937K 27.7K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...