That Time I Met a Cowboy in S...

By Kiwiko66

The story revolves around a young and gifted boy who works for an intergalactic military regiment, Tommy Oldt... More

Chapter - 1: A Dark Slumber Breaks
Chapter - 3: A Twist of Fate
Chapter - 4: M1ke's Training Camp
Chapter - 5: The Space Cowboys

Chapter - 2: Where it all Began

15 0 0
By Kiwiko66

After the fire, Yoko and Oli took Tommy to the nearest Hospital in town and contacted the boss about what events had transpired. Within a day, the military troops arrive on the planet and start a raid on the facility formerly owned by the deceased Officer Pierre.

Yoko and Oli hand over the recording of Pierre confessing to his crimes and it becomes a hot topic around the galaxy immediately. However, the fact that Pierre's body can be found nowhere leads to some troublesome events. But thanks to the boss, they fabricate it as Pierre being a missing fugitive who ran away after the tower got caught up in a strange natural disaster.

"Thank you Dr. Mari!" Yoko exclaims.

Dr. Mari is second in command to the boss. An expert medic and weapons master. She helped the gang fabricate what happened after hearing their story. She deeply cares for the gang and the boss which is one of the reasons why the ships took less than a day to arrive on the planet to help the gang out.

"It's no big deal. I can't let my favorite subordinates get into trouble. That'd be bad for both my feelings and the reputation of our group." Dr. Mari replies in a positive way.as they walk their way to check on Tommy again.

However... After such commotion, hundreds of people from the town gather near the hospital Tommy is currently admitted in. They refuse to believe their hero would do something like this. That's when the old man from before and her granddaughter come to guard the door.

"You're all in the wrong my fellow Libdanians. Attacking the young boy won't reverse the damage caused by our own naivety. We should be thankful to Mr. Oldton for revealing to us the fraud we turned a blind eye on. It's we who should've known better than to trust a man who claimed to give us free medicines of all things. Nothing comes for free in this world and now we're paying the price of our own lack of wisdom. We must not play victim no more and start working to prove that we're better people. To reverse the damage instead of prying on it." the granddaughter speaks up.

Hearing the speech, a huge chain of whispering and talking starts among the crowd. They drop their weapons and raise their hands in the air aiming to fix the planet.

"TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY!" The crowd cheers as they vow to take responsibility for what they had brought upon themselves.

"I am so proud of you." The grandfather speaks to his granddaughter as she embraces him.

"I'm glad they have decided to start over." Yoko says to Oli.

"Yeah. All we can do is hope they don't repeat their mistakes." Oli replies.

"Ms. Yoko, Mr. Oli, the doctor is calling for you! Mr. Tommy is finally awake!" a nurse says.

"Coming." Both Yoko and Oli reply with a huge sigh of relief.

As they enter the room, it is as if nothing had happened. Tommy is just eating food like crazy and ends up choking because he cannot be bothered to bite!

"Oh hey Yoko! Hey Oli! Is everything good?" Tommy asks.

"We should be the ones asking that! You've been unconscious for almost 24 hours and now you're eating like a goddamn animal!" Yoko replies with a facepalm.

"Yeah big bro, you had us worried." Oli also passes his reply.

"Sorry! I don't really remember what had happened myself. All I know is that Pierre guy grabbed my head and slammed it down real hard. It still kind of hurts but I'll be okay in no time. The last thing I remember is waking up in this hospital and feeling really hungry!" Tommy explains his condition.

"Oh. It's better if you don't remember it at all honestly." Yoko replies.

"True. Anyways, I'll go run some errands around the destroyed tower." Oli replies.

"Okay!" Tommy replies back.

"Hey Tommy!" Dr. Mari shows up.

"Yo! Ms. Mari! Boss too busy to see us again?" Tommy replies.

"Yeah but he does wish to talk to you and he's waiting on the phone." Mari replies as she hands the phone over to Tommy.

"Hey boss, what's up?" Tommy asks the boss.

"I heard you don't remember the events that transpired against Pierre. That really true?" The boss asks.

"Yep. Can't recall anything honestly..." Tommy answers.

"Well... Let's fill you in on the details Yoko and Oli have told me. You seemingly looked *not like yourself* or whatever that means according to them after being hit by some sort of lightning" The boss explains to Tommy, the situation at hand.

"Hold on what...? That sounds like a generic manga plot to me." Tommy replies.

"Well, you seemingly burnt and knocked Pierre out to death in this seemingly possessed state. You've been unconscious ever since. Now I know as much as the rest do but are you sure you're okay?" The boss asks.

"Outside of the pain in my head, I feel alright." Tommy answers again.

"Anyways. I need you to be more cautious from here on out. Try to prevent any outbursts like that. Today we managed to hop some trouble off of you but I don't know if we can continue doing that in the future. Whatever happened there could've been life threatening to both Yoko and Oli as well. You've got to be more responsible to protect them. Got it Tommy?" The boss says.

"I got it... I'll try my best to be on my best behavior..." Tommy answers.

"Good. I don't want to be harsh but you need a check of reality. What happened there may be bizarre and you may not be at fault but that's not how reality works. In such deadly events, innocent lives are lost in crossfire. If you can't accept that and take action upon it, there will be inevitable consequences. Be it from reality itself... Or consequences I have to issue. It would be very convenient for me if you act a little less rash and avoid landing a suspension or prison sentence." The boss says before he hangs up.

"Geez, his lectures are always so long. But he is right... I am genuinely worried now... It's like nothing has changed since that day... When will he stop looking down on me..." Tommy thinks to himself...

The scene shifts to the gang finally returning home after some time. In these past few days since the incident however, Yoko takes notice of something being off about Tommy. It's as if he is upset about something. So she decides to stalk him instead of confronting him about it which would be the smarter way of handling things.

"I'm sorry... It was a mistake... Please spare me!" a kid cries while being held by a bigger kid.

"No way! How dare you hit the boss with your ball!" another bigger kid replies to the crying kid.

"It was a mistake... I told you multiple times! I was just playing catch with my buddy and he missed it... and it ended up landing on your head... again... I am sorry..." the kid begs for mercy.

"I don't see any other kid around here you brat. I am in a good mood today so I will spare you if you lend me some cash." the bigger kid holding the smaller kid replies.

"But I don't have any..." the small kid replies back.

"Well then too bad for you!" the bigger kid replies as he gets ready to beat the smaller kid up.

"HYAA-" the bigger kid screams right before Tommy shows up and grabs his fist.

"I saw what happened here. Kid, you sure overreact to others' mistakes." Tommy says to the bigger kid and punches him in the face.

The kid flies a few meters away before falling to the ground.

"That's it? You looked way more confident about hitting that scrawny little kid before. Scared?" Tommy talks to the bigger kid.

"I'm sorry... I will never hurt this kid again!" the bigger kid replies.

"Never hurt this kid? That's not enough for me, little guy." Tommy replies back.

"Please... don't hit me..." the bigger kid begs Tommy.

"Don't worry. I am not like you. I don't find it fun to pick on others. Especially those weaker than I am. As long as you promise to be the same, I will let you off the hook. Deal?" Tommy says to the kid.

"Yes... I will keep that in mind..." the kid replies back before running away with his gang.

"Thank you Mr.!" The kid comes running towards Tommy and hugs him while crying.

"Your welcome kid. However, you gotta become stronger. You aren't gonna be as lucky as you were today all the time y'know." Tommy replies to the kid.

"I know... but I am weak..." the kid replies back.

"You're not weak. Trust me, guys who seem big and bulky aren't all that. Y'know what, I'll show you how to deal with such people!" Tommy says to the kid.

"Really!?" the kid asks Tommy with an excited look.

"Of course. Now firstly, stand straight, get the hand you use the most ahead and the other a little behind. Get your fists ready, hips straight, eyes on the target, which is me in this case." Tommy answers the kid.

"Okay! Like this?" the kid asks back.

"Yep. Just like that. You're a quick learner. Now read the opponent's movements and wait for them to strike. As soon as they do that, dodge! And then you'll have an opening to hit. It's standard fighting practice. You just gotta be faster than your opponent." Tommy says to the kid and asks him to demonstrate it.

Tommy pretends to punch the kid and the kid ends up hitting Tommy pretty hard and he falls on his back.

"OUCH!" Tommy screams.

"Are you okay Mr.!?!" the kid asks Tommy with a worried look.

"Don't worry kid. That was a great punch right there. You don't have to fear anyone!" Tommy replies.

"Okay! I'll keep that in mind! Thank you Mr.!" the kid says before leaving.

"Hehe. Gosh that hurts my jaw though." Tommy says to himself.

"Hey! Let me see that!" Yoko says to Tommy as she enters the park following him there.

"Oh hey Yoko!" Tommy replies.

They both sit on a bench as Yoko applies an ointment on Tommy's jaw.

"Ouch ouch ouch!" Tommy shrieks.

"Oh don't be a baby, it's almost done! There!" Yoko replies.

"Thanks Yoko. I'm glad you're always looking out for me" Tommy replies back.

"Ah it's nothing compared to the tens of times you've saved me and so many others like that kid today. That aside, why wouldn't I look out for my boyfriend?!" Yoko exclaims.

"Aha ha ha. I guess. But I can't save everyone... In that incident a few days ago... I don't even remember what had happened. But what if something had happened to you or Oli...? It worries me... I promise you though... I will become stronger... So that it never happens again!" Tommy replies back.

"It's okay, silly. You're here, I'm here, we all got back safe and sound. It's the outcomes that matter! And besides, I will never turn on you!" Yoko replies.

"Hahaha. Thanks. You're so sweet... No wonder I fell for you!" Tommy exclaims with a huge smile.

"HEY WHAT'S UP WITH THE FLATTERING, STOP IT ALREADY!" Yoko screams with a red face.

"CUTE!" Tommy replies.

"Oh c'mon! But anyways! I think you're fine as is! In fact, I am proud you've come such a long way Tommy-kun. You used to be such a cranky kid. Compared to that, you've gotten much braver now. I think you should relax a bit." Yoko replies back.

"Ehe he he. I guess so. But I wasn't always this strong y'know. Had I not taken the initiative, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am at, so I can't just give up on wanting to be stronger! Besides! I love a great fight! I gotta be prepared for all kinds of strong opponents" Tommy replies back punching the air as it cuts the air making FWOOSH FWOOSH sounds.

"Even if I had an objection, I just know you're too stubborn to convince, hehe. Let's head to my place, I'll cook whatever you want" Yoko replies.

"Ayo! Fine then, I'll ask Oli to order something for himself." Tommy replies.

As they head to Yoko's place, Yoko grabs onto Tommy's arm and leans her head on his shoulder. Tommy gets red from this and leans his head on hers as they walk.

"It's crazy how much time has passed since we first met. A lot has happened and a lot more might happen in the future. But it doesn't matter as long as I have you. I'll never forget these times." Yoko says while blushing.

"Hehe. Yeah. I can't forget the times either. I can never..." Tommy replies as he looks up into the sky reminiscing the day of his life when everything changed.

[The story will now be turning the clock 5 years back, to the incident where everything had changed!]

"AHHHHH!" a woman screams as she is being engulfed by darkness. There is fire all around everywhere else. A young child holds onto her hand as he cries.

"MOM! I'm scared..." the young child says as he tries to pull her mom from the darkness.

"It's okay Tommy... even if something happens to me, I want you to be a strong man when you grow up... promise me that..." she replies before being completely engulfed by the darkness.

It's the dead of the night. The moon is as red as blood itself as the planet casts its shadow upon it. A castle is burning. Smoke everywhere. Guards trying their best to rescue civilians and royalty. The boy who had just lost his mother, passes out and is found by one of the guards.

"It's Prince Tommy! He's alive! Let's get him to safety!" the guard screams as he lifts Tommy to back to safety.

The castle continues to burn until another sound of explosion can be heard. If any survivors were left, there is now no hope they would've survived.

A much younger Oli comes crying to the guard holding Tommy asking if he's okay, to which the guard says that he'll be alright.

The King, who also happens to be the grandfather of Tommy and Oli, shows up to see if his grandchildren are okay and hugs the crying Oli and the unconscious Tommy.

He then asks the guard whether his daughter, the mother of young Tommy and Oli, is okay and her husband, the father of the two, is okay or not. Much to his dismay however, the guard tells him that she couldn't make it.

In an attempt to save her son Tommy, she pushed him aside and a huge wall fell on her. Her lower body got crushed under it and she was unable to move. She later died of suffocation from all the smoke and was found holding Tommy's hand to the end. As for the father, his body was nowhere to be found.

The king falls to his knees with tears in his eyes but immediately collects himself back up when he sees Oli hugging his brother Tommy and crying. He realizes he needs to be stronger here for their sake and pats Oli on the head saying it'll all be okay.

A tall man then comes flying out of the fire from the castle holding an injured dog. He hands the dog to the medics. Oli then runs towards the medics and asks if the dog is okay. Turns out it's their family pet Jojo. The tall man says the dog will be alright, pats the kid on the head and proceeds to run towards the king.

"Master... Are big bro, big sis and the kids okay?" the man asks in a loud and worried tone.

"Erina... Couldn't make it... As for Isaac, even his body was nowhere to be found... All the family I have left with me is my grandchildren..." the king replies in a sad tone.

"I should've been here earlier... Maybe then I could've saved everyone... Who could've done this..." the man replies back.

"It's not your fault. We did our best. The best we can do right now is to make sure my grandchildren stay safe. I can count on you, right M1ke?" the king asks.

"I'll make sure of it. I will get to the bottom of this too however... Whoever did this can't get away..." the tall man named M1ke replies as they both grieve after such a sudden attack. That too on the tenth birthday of the king's grandson Tommy he prepared a grand feast for.

To be continued in Chapter - 3...

[Characters]

1. Name: William Hendriksen

Age: 56

Gender: Male

Description: He is the king of the largest Intergalactic alliance as well as the Interspace Military.

Appearance: He barely has wrinkles on his face. His hair has grown white but he doesn't look that old. He is still very agile and strong and is on the list of top 10 of the strongest individuals in the universe. He has brown eyes and wears a black half sleeves tshirt, white pants and black boots. He doesn't carry anything else around aside from a cigar.

2. Erina Hendriksen

Age: 31 (deceased)

Gender: Female

Description: She's the mother of Tommy and Oli and is described as a kind and loving soul(at least by her kids). By description of others, she was not headed and impulsive like Tommy.

Appearance: She has silver hair and blue eyes which Tommy has inherited both of while Oli has only inherited the hair. Tommy resembles her a lot. She wears a short red dress usually with a gold lace. She has long hair and rocks a white bow on it.

3. M1ke Closeknight

Age: 28

Gender: Male

Description: He is a high ranked General of the Interspace Military. He works closely with the king along his adoptive brother Isaac(Tommy and Oli's father).

Appearance: He is pretty muscular but it doesn't look that way since he rocks a long black sweatshirt and white pants(seems to be the color scheme loved by both him and the king when it comes to clothes. He has black hair and is completely blind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 24
After an unfortunate accident, Jack and Ace obtain abilities like none can imagine. This led to them meeting up with an old friend who happens to al...
98 0 20
When an ancient evil returns, a new team of Power Rangers must rise up to fight and defend the world.
14 0 1
A story of a dude with the power of the universe
190 1 18
Marooned on a Alien planet, caught up in an Alien war.