Lovers in Private - Bada Lee

By octo_yooh

"don't let anyone know" More

The story behind the start
Hidden love
Homesick
Flashback
Sudden
Nervous
Family
Awkward
Unexpected
Confronting the Past, Embracing the Present
Strength in Vulnerability
A looming threat
Hold me tight
Who..?
Take care
a/n
Breaking news

Love

1.2K 29 7
By octo_yooh

I couldn't quite process what Chocol just told me. I don't know if I was more shocked about her liking me or about her being so straightforward and open about it.

All I knew is that I didn't know what to possibly say to her.

She must've noticed my struggle to talk. She smiled knowingly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"I know you don't like women. I just wanted to tell you because I thought I wouldn't regret it that way. I had some hope of course. But part of me knew how you'd react. I'm sorry."

I smiled softly and felt more relaxed.
"Still, I'm sorry for not returning your feelings. Don't take this personally in any way. I think you are and look very cool."

She chuckled and nodded defeated.
"Alright, before this turns weird, I should leave. Ah, thank you for not overreacting though." I gave her a thumbs up.

She made her way towards the door and put on her shoes. Tatter came back with our soda and looked a bit perplexed.

"Oh, you're leaving? You didn't say anything rude to her, right y/n?" She raised her eyebrows.

"No, she didn't. I just didn't think this whole situation through properly. I think if I stayed any longer it would've gotten weird." Chocol laughed and got up after tying her shoes.

"But Chocol, please keep talking to me. I really hope you'll find someone who makes you happy." She thanked me and told me she'll get over me first and then reach out to me.

I stayed with Tatter after Chocol left since she told me her mother went on a business trip and wouldn't be back until next Thursday.

Ever since I joined Bebe, Tatter would always talk to me, even when I was still very shy about opening up. She became one of my dearest friends in a short time. We often hang out and either just talk about random things and drama, or about our worries and issues. We are like sisters. But, even with a bond this strong, I still couldn't find the courage to tell her about me and Bada.

-

Tatter and me watched a movie in her living room as my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw that Bada was calling me. I excused myself and walked towards the balcony.

"Yes Bada?" I answered.

"Y/n? Where are you right now? Can I take you out to dinner?" She asked softly.

"Hmm, I'm at Tatter's right now. Could she tag along?"

"Of course! I haven't seen Tatter since last practice anyway. I miss her. Then what about I pick you guys up in an hour?" I agreed and hung up.

I went back inside and Tatter asked who called.

"It was Bada. She wanted to eat dinner together. Wanna join us?" She excitedly nodded.

"Great. She'll pick us up in an hour. Let's get ready!" I freshened my makeup and Tatter changed clothes before doing the same.

-

Bada arrived and opened the car doors for both of us. I let Tatter sit in the front. She's older than me after all.

She made sure we were buckled up and started driving. She asked us to play some music and I put on some songs we all love. We sang along with them and arrived at a restaurant.

We walked inside and she told the waitress she had booked a table for three. She made us sit at a table with a window next to us. The view was beautiful.

We talked about literally the most random things. Until Tatter brought up earlier.

"Oh by the way y/n, what did Chocol say to you? I didn't want to eavesdrop but I'm also too nosy now." She cackled and took a sip of her water.

Bada looked at me confused. "What do you mean? Chocol? Did you guys hang out? And why would you eavesdrop?" She turned her gaze towards Tatter.

"Oh. Well, Chocol has this crush on y/n and suddenly decided to confess earlier today. That's the whole reason y/n was at my apartment." She explained.

I took a bite of my spring roll avoiding eye contact with Bada.

"Then what did y/n do?" I could feel her looking at me.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out too! I just noticed that Chocol left very fast." she answered.

Tatter nudged my arm and I looked at her. She pouted, expecting an answer.

"Uhm. You know, she figured that I don't feel the same and told me she wanted to tell me because she didn't want to regret anything later on." I quickly grabbed my water and gulped it down.

"Is that so? Wasn't it weird to hear that a woman likes you?" I almost choked. Tatter kept asking me more questions and I felt Bada getting irritated, especially after this question. I didn't know how to reply.

"A bit. I didn't know I'm that big of a woman attractor.." I laughed a bit trying to get out of this situation soon and looked at Bada. She raised her eyebrows and breathed out.

"Fair enough. But Chocol is quite a cool dancer. I give her that." Bada said. She couldn't possibly be jealous right?

"Anyway, let's change the topic."

"But I want to know more. Please tell us!" Tatter pleaded but I shook my hand in front of her face.

"Another time Tatter, alright? Why don't we just chat a bit? Our food will get cold." I shot up a look at Bada and she seemed to snap out of it. She started eating her noodles.

We continued having some chats about different things, mainly about practice and the show.

After dinner, Bada dropped off Tatter at her house first and then wanted to take me home. She was a bit quieter than usual and I genuinely hoped it wasn't because of this whole Chocol thing.

"Hey," She called out and I looked at her. "About the conversation earlier.." Great, so it was in fact about Chocol.
"Chocol likes you?" She didn't take her eyes off the road.

"Seems like it. Yeah. But I didn't tell her about us. Don't worry."

"Okay." She cleared her throat.

"How is it going to be during the shoots then?" She asked after a bit as she stopped at a red light.

"She told me she would try to get over me first and then reach out to me again." She nodded slightly.

"So you mean you want to be friends with her?"

"I mean, she is a great dancer and conversations with her are fun. But I won't push it."

"But y/n what if she tries to seduce you?" Bada asked childishly and pouted.

"Bada stop. I like her as a friend and as someone who has the same love for dance as me! You know how much I love you. I tell you everyday." I grinned at her tantrum and felt relieved she wasn't mad at me.

"But still! If she tries to do anything you won't hear from her again."

As if she could ever harm anyone. She's way too pure to even raise her voice at someone who rightfully deserves it.
I just gave her the validation and didn't say anything further.

We soon arrived at my apartment and she told me to go to sleep immediately because it was almost 11pm already.
I gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked inside.

-

A week later, we had our last practice before our next performance. We were all completely in sync now and were able to dance without any problems.

Minah asked if we all wanted to go to a photo booth together and we agreed. I was so happy because neither did I feel lonely anymore like the way it was some years ago nor was Bada still sad about Chocol. Everything seemed to be going amazing.

We had so much fun while taking photos. We put on cute accessories and posed. I passed Bada some cat ears and forced her to put them on. Everyone laughed at her and made her go to the center for the next photo. She formed a heart with her hand and put it on my cheek.
I hit her arm and chuckled.

After, she took off the cat ears and put them on Sowoen and made her go to the front. This went on until everyone was in the center of the photo with cat ears once.

We decided to a karaoke room after the photo booth because it was still early in the afternoon. We ordered some snacks and started jamming to everything. We all have different music tastes, so we just played songs we all know and love, especially those from our childhood.

One after one, some of the girls started leaving. Sowoen had to meet her grandma, Cheche needed to be home to babysit her little sister and Tatter told us she wanted to practice a bit more because she still wasn't 100% confident.

This meant we were 5 people now. We walked around the city for some time and looked around several shops. Kyma was talking to Minah about the new hair color she wants to try. Lusher, Bada and I walked behind them like parents and occasionally stopped to look at things we found interesting.

"Y/n look! This reminds me so much of you." Bada suddenly said as she pointed her finger at a painting off a pretty landscape full of daisies and yellow tulips. The girls always say if I was a color, I would be yellow. I never really undestood how everyone agreed on this, but I think it's cute.

"Oh my God, that's literally her!" Lusher said.

"Should I buy it for you, y/n? It's very pretty and would totally fit in your apartment." Bada offered. I looked at the price and it cost almost 200$.

"I love it but no, seriously have you seen the price? You should keep your money for yourself. You already insisted on paying the photos today." I shook my head and waved my hand.

"But you have to get it! I'm buying it for you." She demanded and ran towards the cashier before I could say anything.

-

"Bada you really shouldn't have. I feel so bad. At least let me carry it now!?" I was almost breaking down. She paid this much money for me and now insists on carrying it for me? She's out of her mind. If she keeps going on like this I might propose.

"What's up with you Bada? Since when are you this big of a gentleman?" Lusher laughed.

Kyma and Minah came back to us and noticed the painting.

"Wow, who is this for? Y/n? It has to be. Look at the flowers Minah! Aren't they just like y/n?" Kyma said excitedly.

"Guys will you ever tell me why I remind you of yellow and these flowers so much? I don't get it! I wanna know."

"We can't explain it. It's just a feeling. Plus, we know how much you love tulips." Minah pointed at the left side of the painting, where the tulips were located.

"Whatever. Should we go home? It's quite late and tomorrow is the rehearsal." I questioned.

"Sure. Should I take you guys home?" Bada asked.

"That would be amazing. The last bus arrives in an hour and I really don't want to call an uber right now." Minah replied.

Bada dropped off everyone safely and of course, she waited for my turn until the end.

We arrived at Lusher's house and she quickly got inside.

Right after we started driving again, I started complaining about her gift. I really loved it so much and I was so thankful, but it was way too expensive.

Bada listened to my blabbering and chuckled.

"Love, you know how much I like giving you presents. I had to! I couldn't just walk past it and not get it." She explained herself.

"Still.." I don't know how, but I got a little too flustered. My cheeks turned red and I didn't know what to say.

"Thank you.." I finally got out. The thoughtfulness of the present made me feel so appreciated.

Bada looked at me slightly and patted my head. "Of course, love. Please don't be mad anymore. I'll help you put it up after rehearsal tomorrow."

"I love you." I said, as we arrived. I turned towards her, and she was looking at me already.

"I love you a lot more." She smiled and leaned in to give me a kiss.

I got into my house and changed. I made myself some noodles and went to bed short after. I drifted to sleep peacefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I need a girlfriend wtf this isn't funny anymore

Anyways pls let me know if you liked this chapter or if you want drama😞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.6K 105
"You're different, i know to my self that you can change"
155K 3.8K 18
FANTASIZE ABOUT YOUR VOLLEYBALL DORKS AND DON'T BE ASHAMED (I do not own Haikyuu!! or you)
38.4K 3K 32
she won't know your feelings if you never confess