The Wilted Rose

By Zach42799

Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows'... More

Character Bio
Prologue: Beyond Repair
Chapter 1: One tiny problem
Chapter 2: Forehand or Backhand?
Chapter 3: Not without a fight
Chapter 4: Revival
Chapter 5: Initiation
# FUCKIN 3!!!
Chapter 6: Lonesome Road
Roy Winchester/Arsenal Bio
Chapter 7: Indebted
Chapter 8: Welcome to Mantle
Chapter 9: Uncovered
Chapter 10: The Rescue
Chapter 11: Outlaws At Last
Chapter 12: Tremors
Chapter 13: Trust
Chapter 14: Sticks And Stones
1K! Thank You Guys
Chapter 15: The Foundry
Chapter 16: Premonitions
Chapter 17: Death
Chapter 18: Rebirth
Chapter 19: Too Far Gone (Vol.0 Finale)
Chapter 20: Train Ride (Vol. 1 Prologue)
Chapter 21: Sisters
Chapter 22: The Lucky Ones
Chapter 23: Ghost
Chapter 24: Quiet Night
Chapter 25: Protector
Chapter 26: Calm...
Chapter 27: ...Before The Storm
Chapter 28: Lifeline
Chapter 29: Who I Am (Vol. 1 Finale)
Chapter 30: Costly Mistakes (Vol. 1.5 Prologue)
Chapter 31: Critical Care
5K reads!!!
Chapter 32: Testing
Chapter 33: Your Greatest Failure
Chapter 34: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 35: Progress
Chapter 36: Fix Me
Chapter 37: A Silver Bullet
Chapter 38: Should've Known Better
Chapter 39: The Road To Hell Is Paved In Good Intentions....
Chapter 40: Closeness
Chapter 41: Back In School
Next Red Hood Outfit Vote/Closed
Chapter 42: The Much Needed Talk
Chapter 43: The Company We Keep
Chapter 44: Prophecies (Vol. 1.5 finale)
Chapter 45: The Bookstore (Vol. 2 Prologue)
Chapter 46: You Atlesian Joker
Thank you Wattapad....
Chapter 47: Keep It Simple
Chapter 48: What's the plan?
Chapter 49: Fatherly Love
Chapter 50: Something I Cant Let Go Of
Chapter 51: I Hate When I'm Right....
Chapter 52: Takedown
Chapter 53: Goodnight Princess
Chapter 54: Too Much To Lose....
Chapter 55: Between Wants And Needs
Chapter 56: Concept Of Subtilty
Chapter 57: End Of The Line
Chapter 58: Nothing I Wont Do
Chapter 59: You Have Achieved Nothing
Chapter 60: Three Simple Words (Vol. 2 Finale)
Bonus Chapter: Your Scars Are Beautiful *Lemon*
Chapter 61: Demon (Vol. 3 Prologue)
Chapter 62: Round One
Chapter 63: I've Got Nothing For You
Chapter 64: Round Two
Chapter 65: We're Talking Aren't We?
Chapter 66: The Vault
Chapter 67: Breaking Point
Important Notice/updated
Chapter 68: Firing Squad
Chapter 69: Nightmare
Chapter 70: Better Tomorrow
Important Notice Pt. 2
Chapter 71: The Easy Part
Chapter 72: Do Or Die
Chapter 73: Failure
Chapter 74: Two Options
Chapter 75: Bad Joke
Chapter 76: House Of Cards
Chapter 78: Everything That Came Before
Chapter 79: Recovery
Chapter 80: Someone's Got To Stay (Book 1 Finale)
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 77: Bid Farewell

234 11 9
By Zach42799

Beacon

8:30 PM

The Fall is Here

The Lazarus energy washed over me, not so much healing as it was fanning out aggressively. I had almost no control over it. Wave after wave blasted through the area, attacking everything in the area. Cinder and Ozpin were the only two that was able to stand it. Pyrrha was having to fight to keep her footing and Jaune was down for the count. The last time I fought Cinder was the when Roman and I sprung that trap on her. Ever since then, I had been wanting to have another go at her. I should have done this earlier, whether she was hiding here at Beacon or not. 

Another wave burst forward and I went with it, petal bursting into Cinder, knocking her down. I was going to kill her as quickly as possible. I had bigger fish to fry. I landed on top of Cinder and yanked my crowbar up to jam the pointed end into her chest. Just before I could bring it down, Cinder let out a burst of fire into my chest. The intensity of the flames was extreme, almost completely burning through everything. 

I landed hard on my back and scrambled back to my feet before Pyrrha rushed past me. Ozpin stepped in between all of us holding Pyrrha back. I tried to petal burst past him but only caught his cane to my gut. I was already having a hard time controlling the Lazarus energy, and him knocking the shit out of me isn't helping. 

Ozpin: You two take Jaune and get out of here! Find Qrow, Ironwood, Glynda, bring them here right away! The tower cannot fall. 

Red Hood: Fuck off, old man. The bitch is mine!

Pyrrha: I can help. 

Ozpin: No! You two will only get in the way!

I was about to willingly hit him with the Lazarus energy when the ground started to rumble again. It was enough for me to start thinking. Ozpin can deal with her, I can go after Taurus. Taurus was the one I really wanted at the moment. The Lazarus energy subsided and I ran back for Jaune, picking him up in a firemens carry. 

Pyrrha stayed between me and Cinder, in case she attacked us. Cinder made no moves against us as we passed by her. I carried Jaune about halfway to the elevator before he started coming to. Once we made it to the elevetor, Pyrrha hit the button and I set Jaune down. I had to hold him up for a second before he was able to stand on his own. I put the crowbar away and turned to the doors. The rumbling only getting more and more intense, only now, it was originating from below us. 

Jaune: ....What happened?

I didn't speak, neither did Pyrrha, though our reasonings were different. I was getting ready to drag them to the evacuation zone that was set up. At least I assume it was a evacuation zone in the vision. Pyrrha looked completely defeated, honestly, I felt that way too but my fight wasn't over yet. When the elevator doors opened I grabbed hold of Pyrrha and Jaune and used my semblance to forcefully drag them to safety. I was starting to go lightheaded but pushed through it. 

Once we finally came up on the evacuation zone, that was when I finally gave out. I came out of the semblance, dropping Pyrrha and Jaune as I started to tumble and roll before finally coming to a stop. I tried to pick myself up but I just couldn't. I was exhausted and extremely hurt. I tried to lift myself up again and found that I had help this time. I looked up to see Weiss helping to pull me to my feet. 

I tried to stand on my own but nearly dropped back to the ground. Weiss held me up and helped me further into the evacuation zone. At least I was right about that. Everyone was here, Port and Oobleck, both the Vale and Beacon teams, though everyone was significantly wounded now with a few exceptions. Once we got further in, I saw Yang and Blake. I don't know how they got here but I knew what I was going to do. 

I don't know if the Lazarus energy is here to stay or if I somehow managed to force it out despite what I was injected with but I knew how I was going to use it. I pushed myself away from Weiss and stumbled over to Blake and Yang. Yang was bleeding heavily, despite layer on top of layer of bandages and a makeshift tourniquet. If something didn't happen now, she was going to die.

I pressed my hands against Yangs stump and started drawing on the Lazarus energy. I never used it to heal someone else but hopefully it works. If it doesn't.... I just hope it does.... I poured as much into the wound as I could, watching for any sign that it was getting better. Thankfully, I did see that the blood loss was slowing exponentially. The problem was, I felt like I was running out of Lazarus energy again. 

After all these years, I still don't know hardy anything about it. Maybe it has to do with my ability to generate magic on my own. I assume that's how magic works anyway. I could very well be wrong and be grabbing for anything to explain how what I was injected with was hindering my use of the Lazarus energy. Whatever the case, Yangs arm was done bleeding. I moved over to Blake and tried to do the same but I found that I just didn't have enough. I looked at her wound and saw that it was more of a painful one instead of a fatal one. At least there's that.

I was pulled away from those two by Weiss calling out for Ruby. I looked back and saw that she was here and had her cloak in a makeshift sling. Compared to Yang, she got off easy. We all heard a roar and I saw the mother of all Grimm landing on the administration buildings tower. I had never seen a Wyvern in person before, but it has to be the biggest Grimm there is. It was then that I knew that we had lost. If something like that was attracted, Cinder got everything she wanted. I looked back at Blake, needing a answer before it was too late. 

Red Hood: Where is Tauras?

Blake: We.... We were in that cafeteria.... I'm sorry....

Red Hood: You've got nothing to be sorry for....

I stood up, leaving Blake with Yang. There were medics filing around the area, loading people into Bullheads. It would be their turn soon enough. I walked, or rather, limped to Weiss and Ruby. It was taking everything I had to stay upright. 

Red Hood: Ruby-

Ruby: Don't worry, I'm fine.... For the most part.... What's going on?

Weiss and I looked at each other before we looked back at Ruby. I stepped to the side and let her see Yang and Blake laid out on the ground. She stared at Yangs missing arm before looking down at her own. Probably thinking the same that I did. Sun walked over to us. He was unhurt aside from a few cuts and bruises. 

Sun: Glad to see your alright, guys.

Red Hood: Same. What are they doing?

Sun: The soldiers have a few ships getting ready to get us back to Vale. 

Red Hood: Good. You guys will be safe.... I still got business to take care of....

Ruby: What!?

Weiss: You can barely stand!

Red Hood: Don't matter.

Sun: Y/N, that giant Grimm keeps circling the school! Hell, even the White Fang are pulling out! We have to go, now come on. 

I gritted my teeth knowing that Taurus was already gone then. I wouldn't be getting him tonight. Cinder on the other hand was fair game. I complied and started helping everyone onto the Bullhead. Pyrrha stuck close to me, picking up Blake while I got Yang. 

Pyrrha: We're not seriously going to leave, are we?

Red Hood: You are. I'm not. 

Pyrrha: Your going to get yourself killed. 

Red Hood: Damnit Pyrrha, this is my fight, not yours. 

Pyrrha: Not anymore. Ozpin chose me to take the powers and I accepted, this has just as much to do with me as it does you. Not to mention what Cinder will do with that power if we don't stop her. 

She's not wrong, and I really wasn't in any condition to keep fighting. I could walk away right now and live.... Or I could stay and probably die fighting.... I knew that it was always going to end like this, but having the vision only made it more real. I didn't fear death. Already done that.... But I do fear what happens after I'm gone. What about Ruby, Yang, Blake.... Weiss.... If I leave now, I can spare them the hurt.... But I can't. 

This happened because I thought I could be normal again.... That I could have my life from before. That cant happen. Not with Cinder.... No, Salem still kicking. Cinder is just a pawn, always has been. Salem was the one I really needed, but I still needed Cinder dead if I was going to get to her, and as much as I hate to admit it.... I can't do it alone this time....

Red Hood: Fine.... Go talk to Jaune....

Pyrrha: Why?

Red Hood: To tell him goodbye.... In case this goes bad. I'll do the same with Weiss and Ruby....

We set Blake and Yang down on the Bullhead where the medics started working on them. Pyrrha found Jaune rather quickly while I had to look for Ruby and Weiss. I was almost scared that Ruby went and did something stupid again, though that seems to run in the family. I found Weiss tending to Ruby, her arm having come out of her makeshift sling. 

Red Hood: Hey....

Ruby: OW!

Weiss: Sorry!

Ruby: I'm ok, don't worry about it.... Hey, Y/n....

Weiss: *Sigh* Hey....

Weiss got Rubys' arm situated back into her sling and turned to face me. The instant we made eye contact, she knew I was about to do something stupid. She started to speak but I quickly took off my mask and shut her up by kissing her. I felt like this was a last goodbye.... Hell, it probably was. It felt like forever before we broke apart and I wrapped her and Ruby in a hug. 

Ruby: W-what?

Weiss: What are you doing?

Y/n: Something stupid....

Weiss: Y/n, no. 

I glanced back and saw that Pyrrha was waiting on my mark. I nodded slightly and hugged the two tighter before releasing. The Bullhead was about to take off so I needed to hurry this along.  Weiss already knew what I was about to do and Ruby was catching on too. As gently as I possibly could, I pushed Weiss into Ruby. Ruby yelped and Weiss turned her attention to Ruby, since me pushing her into Ruby was what hurt her. I quickly stepped out of the Bullhead with Pyrrha pushing Jaune back into the Bullhead and stepping out herself. 

By this point, everyone noticed something was happening but before anyone could react, I pulled White and fired a single round into the door console on the inside before Pyrrha closed the Bullhead doors from the outside. Weiss, Ruby and Jaune slammed into the door with Sun squeezing in to see what was happening. 

Sun: What the hell are you two doing!?

Jaune: Pyrrha, no!

Weiss/Ruby: Y/n!

Y/n: ....I'm sorry.... I'll find you once this is over....

Jaune: Open the goddamn door!

Pyrrha: We have to do this.... I have to do this....

Y/n: Jaune, I'll make sure she survives this.... 

Jaune: NO!

Ruby: Y/N!

The Bullhead started to lift off with Jaune banging on the door trying to get out. I was glad that I couldn't see Ruby or Weiss' faces anymore. Having bid farewell like this was the hardest thing I think I've ever done. I looked at Pyrrha and she wasn't doing much better than I was. There was another rumble and this time, we saw the origin. 

The Wyvern landed on top of the administration buildings tower. I sighed and put my mask back on before I pulled out Withered Rose and the crowbar and looking at the two. The crowbar had dents all over it but that was nothing new, what was new was the several chips in Withered Rose' blade. It needed maintenance desperately but we were pressed for time. I looked to Pyrrha one more time, wanting to make sure that she was sure she wanted to do this. 

Y/n: You can still leave, you know.

Pyrrha: You wouldn't, and I'm not either. 

Red Hood: ....Let's go then.

Pyrrha: Wait.

I had taken a single step before she stopped me. I looked back a little curious. 

Pyrrha: Do you believe in destiny? 

Red Hood: Prophecies are a thing, you know? Stands to reason that destiny might be real.

Pyrrha: But do YOU believe it is?

Red Hood: *Scoff* The decisions I make are my own, not some preordained bullshit. Honestly.... I think I'm just a bad luck charm, nothing more, nothing less.

Pyrrha took in my words but didn't seem to like my opinion. I don't know why she felt like she needed to ask me something like that but it didn't matter anyway. The odds were stacked against us but that's not really something new. What was new was that I had gotten almost everyone out. Yang was going to survive, unlike in the vision months ago. That means that I really can change the outcome. I still had a shot. 

My grip on Withered Rose and the crowbar tightened as I watched the Wyvern roar. It may be big but it was going to die like the rest. I tilted my head to the side and cracked my neck before running forward towards the tower. Pyrrha following close behind me. Prophecy or not, this shit ends tonight, then I'm going for Taurus....

A/n&Vote: Alright guys, we're close, but I have a choice for you all. For Vol.4, would you guys like the story to follow-

-Yangs Storyline-

Or 

-Blakes Storyline-

-I have ideas for both but Yangs is my personal vote since there's more I can do with hers but I wanted to give you guys a chance to pick one or the other. Either way, there's still a minimum of three chapters before the end of Book 1 so there's time to choose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 2.3K 32
You are the adopted son and the eldest child of Taiyang Xiao Long and Summer Rose. You have been treated like nothing but just a stranger. Always got...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
196K 3.2K 25
In Patch there are two individuals who don't have a normal life since their mother has been gone. Over two years their father had abused them due to...
41K 512 26
[DISCONTINUED] So this is going to be my first MaleReader abused and neglected story. I will be using an oc for this just to let you know. But anyway...