Got Isekai to a world I despi...

By TsukuyomiMonarch

People would say to "expect the unexpected." Well, for Arata Kamada, he truly wasn't expecting what was going... More

prologue part 1
prologue part 2
chapter 1 New world, New life
Chapter 2 The unknown
Chapter 3 New companions
Chapter 4 Academy Life
Chapter 5 Into the Dungeon
Chapter 6 Learn their place
Chapter 7 It's Time to Duel
Chapter 8 This Duel Ends Now
Chapter 9 Aftermath
Chapter 10 School Festival
Chapter 12 Pirate invasion
Chapter 13 Item Acquired

Chapter 11 Redgrave summon

481 12 2
By TsukuyomiMonarch

A/n First things first, I wanted to say Thank you guys for 100 total votes and 3.5k readers!! I never expected to get this many votes for my first story I made, I honestly started this for fun and I see your comments on the chapters of you enjoying it.

I also wanted to tell you that the next chapter is when I'm gonna stop updating chapters for this story. I feel like the next chapter is a good place to stop and we're near the end of season 1. I want to give my second story a chance to get some attention, and not only that I'll be releasing a new story that I've been working on. I also have been looking at adding new shows for me to add to my list for me to write on. I wanna say thank you all again for reading this fan story and it encourages me that you enjoy it and it makes me want to continue to write new stories for you all.

So make sure to go check out my Death Note story cuz that's the story I'll be focusing on once i'm done with the next chapter, and don't worry I'll return to this story. So don't think I abandoned it.

Well that's all, make sure to leave a vote, it's gonna be a pretty long chapter and might be my longest chapter I made.

Anyways, Enjoy this chapter!!!

Third person pov

It was the next day of the School Festival, Everyone was in the Bartfort Cafe and this time Arata arrived on time. But the atmosphere felt so awkward after everything that happened yesterday. Daniel and Raymond told Arata what happened and obviously it was Stephanie's fault. She told Olivia that Angelica use to despise commoners and make her believe that she was nothing but Angelica's pet.

Raymond: Is it just or does it seem awkward between them?

Daneil: I wonder if it's because of what happened.

Leon: Definitely.

Arata: ... I say let the girls take a break and enjoy the Festival.

Daniel: Good idea, it's not like we're busy.

Raymond: Got that right, I mean were not completely in the red at least thanks to Wiz.

Leon: Look you guys, we're going to make a killing on the last day.

Daniel: How so?

Raymond: I got a bad feeling about this.

Arata walked towards the girl as they were still cleaning the tables.

Arata: Hey girls, why don't you take a break and enjoy the Festival.

They stopped cleaning and looked at Arata, surprised that they could go and enjoy the Festival.

Angelica: Are you sure, we just opened up.

Arata: Yeah we're sure, and the others agree.

She looks over and sees the others nod their heads in agreement.

Arata: So why don't you and Olivia go around and enjoy the last day of the Festival.

That was when Arata reached into this pocket and got some of his money and handed it to Angelica. 

Arata: Go treat yourselves with something at the Festival.

Angelica accepts the money and smiles at him.

Angelica: Thank you, but you're also accompanying us.

Arata: Ehh.

Angelica: Consider it a punishment for being late yesterday.

Olivia: And you did say you would make it up for being late.

Arata sighs and they had a point, he did say that he would make it up to them. It looked like he had no chance but to comply.

Arata: Very well.

He turns and looks at Leon to see if it was alright for him to go with them.

Arata: You don't mind that, right Leon?

Leon: Sure thing, as long as you don't wander off anywhere else.

Arata: -_- What do you take me for?

Leon: Some guy that tries to get himself in trouble.

Arata flips him off and just sighs, he puts his hands and looks at Angelica.

Arata: Shall we then?

Angelica: Indeed. You ready Livia?

Olivia: Ye-Yes.

Small Timeskip

The girls were enjoying the Festival and Arata enjoyed accompanying them. He treated them to dessert, he was carrying his messenger bag that had Kilala inside. They saw students gathered up in front of a wooden board and it had a poster about bike racing, and students were excited for it.

They walk toward the bored to get a closer look.

Olivia: What's that poster for, a bike race?

Angelica: Oh yeah. It's the most popular event of the Festival, I happen to be on the executive committee. There's always a favored racer this year is Dan Fia Elgar, but I heard a lot of people talk about Jilk.

Arata: Why him of all people?

Angelica: It's because he can handle an air bike.

Olivia: Do you or Mr Leon plan to participate in the race?

Arata: Not really, I have no intention of doing so.

Angelica: I'm sure that you two are skilled enough to participate.

Angelica was sorta surprised that Arata nor Leon was entering the race, but that was when it clicked in her head and what they were actually doing.

Angelica: Don't tell me that you two are–

Arata: Yup, you guessed right. We should go see him.

Arata started walking away as the girls looked at each other and laughed.

Angelica: Should've guessed it sooner.

Olivia: I hope he doesn't get too fond of gambling.

They both follow Arata to where the race was being held at, they do wonder what it's going out for Leon.

Timeskip

At the race track in the V.I.P room is where Leon who had his Academy uniform on is watching the race and gambling and winning every time with a stack ton of money on the table, not only that it's with the help of Luxion who is under the table.

Luxion: A few riders appear to be coordinating efforts to affect the matches outcome, as I predicted number six and four should ring victorious.

Leon gave a smug look on his face on how easily he's winning more money, as he started to chuckle. That was when Arata, Angelica, and Olivia walk into the room who change back into their Academy uniforms.

Angelica: All these bets, I don't care for it.

Olivia: This will come back to haunt you someday.

Leon turns around and looks at them with a smile on his face.

Leon: Everything is fine, a loser I am not. Arata your money is over there.

Arata: Thanks.

Angelica looked at Arata, annoyed that he also did gambling with Leon.

Angelica: -_- You too?

Arata: Doesn't hurt to make extra money.

That was when the announcer announced the winners, and racer number six came in first and four in second. That was when Leon made a creepy look when they announced the winners.

He then started to evil laugh at how much money he won. Angelica started to get creeped out.

Angelica: Can you please not make that face.

Arata walked toward the window to watch the race and the others joined him as well. They saw that Jilk was in the lead of the race. But that was when some racers started ramming into Jilk. That caught their attention.

Angelica: They're staying right on him.

Arata: Looks like it.

Olivia: Why would they do something like that?

Leon looked over at Olivia who looked pretty worried. But he knew that was expected, since she is the protagonist of this world and originally Jilk is a love interest to her in the game.

Angelica: I recognize some of the riders, they're Clarice followers.

Arata: Hold up, you mean that Clarice.

They continued to watch the race and they were still trying to hit Jilk, but he kept on dodging them. Jilk then crossed the finish line as the crowd cheered for him. He made his way towards the garage as he started to feel pain from his body, the pit stop crew helped him out. They were a bit surprised at how much of a beating he got from those riders.

Angelica: They definitely didn't go easy on him, they could've done much worse if it escalated much longer.

Leon: Agreed.

Timeskip

They went to Jilk in his recovery room, Marie was next to him crying her eyes out along and there were other girl students as well. Arata just leans back against the wall with his arms crossed. Jilk tries to calm her down.

Jilk: Everything will be fine Ms Marie, nothing but a few broken bones.

Marie: But they took it from me!! What will happen to all my prize money!!!

She kept balling her eyes, the other girl students were talking about the next race coming up soon and Jilk was in no condition to race and there weren't any other first years participating.

Angelica: Guess the only option we have is to find a substitute.

She then looked at Arata and said that maybe she could try to convince him, but since this was Jilk she was talking about and that he happens to be the Prince's best friend. That was when the door opened to reveal a girl with orange hair, a boy with black hair and red fringe on his right side of his hair and had servants as well.

It was none other than Clarice Fia Atlee and Dan Fia Elgar. She had a smug look on her face as she looked at Jilk.

Clarice: My goodness, it looks like you got knocked up by a bunch of bike racers.

Jilk: As I thought, you were the one responsible for those thugs' interference.

Clarice: That's right, and this is merely one of the many consequences you'll face for daring to leave me.

Arata looked at her and she knew who she was and why exactly she was doing this, but it's pretty obvious of her connection to Jilk.

Arata mind: Her name's Clarice and she's none other than Jilk's ex fiance. I honestly forgot that those idiots had finances before they met that little shit. Plus she looks hella different from when she was in the game.

The thought back when he was alive she looked like a nice school person.

But compared now, it almost looks like she's in a rebellious stage. Arata would question what she even saw on a guy like him but he just kept it to himself. Angelica looked at Clarice.

Angelica: I get it, really. I know this is hard but you're taking things way too far.

Clarice looks at Angelica with a smirk on her face.

Clarice: Aww you poor thing. How are you acting so blase right now? Didn't you just get dumped by his royal highness.

Angelica: It must be easy to faint strength when you got a gaggle of slaves as backup. Do you love being a character in your own tragic story?

Clarice was now starting to get annoyed by what Angelica said.

Clarice: Hey shut your trap, don't pretend like you know who I am!!

She was going to walk toward Angelica and give her a piece of her mind, but that was when Dan stopped her.

Dan: You may want to take it easy, you're talking to the Duke's daughter.

Clarice: Spoiled winch!!

Dan: And besides messing with her now is not the best option, especially with the guy that's behind her.

Clarice looked at Arata who still had his arms crossed and his eyes shut.

Dan: If I'm correct, Arata Fou Bartfort. The one that volunteered to be her champion along with his brother. He was able to defeat Lord Greg and Lord Chris with ease, I suggest you don't mess with her, if you do he'll get involved.

She flinched a bit remembering during the duel and seeing him fight and win without breaking a sweat. She was even warned to try to avoid going against him. Arata heard Dan of what he said and to be honest he was impressed, usually people would try to make him look like he was nothing and try to pick a fight with him. But Dan was smart and tried not to pick a fight he knows that it won't end well for him and Clarice. That was something that Arata put some respect on him for taking precautions. She then changes her gaze at Jilk.

Clarice: Don't think that one little broken bone makes use even! I still want to hear you beg.

Jilk: If you insist, I'll do what it takes to ease your pain. However, if you plan to drag Ms Marie into this you'll pay the price.

Clarice gasps that even in his current state he's going to protect Marie no matter what, she then looked at Marie with an angry look and she was starting to panic. Meanwhile in the back Arata and Leon heard what Jilk said and were annoyed by what he said about protecting Marie.

Arata/Leon mind: -_- Really. Did you not learn your lesson last time?

That was when Marie tried to act all innocent and try to get away with this situation.

Marie: Listen Umm! Let's work this out, nothing positive comes from vengeance but maybe if you focus on being happy–

Clarice: You have no idea what you're talking about you twerp!!

Marie: I know, I'm very sorry!

Leon felt hella suspicious about Marie on how she started to freak out on the failed attempt to act innocent.

Leon mind: It's weird, this girl acts like my sister from my previous life.

That was when everyone heard the door open and everyone looked at the door and it was their exploration teacher. Clarice started to get a bit nervous if the teacher heard what was happening.

Teacher: Ahh, finally I found you.

Angelica: Oh, Am I being summoned again?

Teacher: Actually no. I'm here for someone else. I'm here for one of the Bartfort.

That caught everyone's attention as they looked at the Bartfort brothers.

Leon: -_- Well that's just great.

Arata mind: Wonder if it has to do with yesterday?

Teacher: I'm here for Arata Bartfort.

If somehow the teacher said that she was here to get the Bartfort, this definitely caught their attention that she was here to fetch Arata. Leon then went towards Arata and whispered in his ear.

Leon: *whispers* What other kind of trouble did you get into now?

Arata: *whispers* If we were not counting on what happened yesterday, I did nothing at all today.

Arata then stopped leaning against the wall and put his hands in his pocket. And look at his teacher.

Arata: So is it just me or is it actually the both of us?

Teacher Only you.

Arata: And may I ask, who is summoning me?

Teacher: That would be Lord Vince.

Everyone gasps besides Arata and Leon but were still surprised that Angelica's dad wanted to see Arata and only Arata alone. Angelica was surprised by this that her father wants to see Arata, and she was a bit concerned on what he could want with him.

Angelica: My father?

Arata knew he had no other choice but to go and see what he wanted and not only that, he does owe her father a lot for helping him and Leon out during the whole Prince situation.

Arata: *sighs* Might as well go.

Arata started to walk toward the door but that was when Angelica spoke.

Angelica: I'll accompany you.

Teacher: There's no need, he wanted to speak with Arata alone.

Angelica: But–

Arata: Relax.

He turns and looks at her with his neutral look.

Arata: I'm pretty sure I can handle this myself.

Angelica looked saddened a bit, she was still concerned about what her father wanted with him and why, Arata saw this and walked towards her and now was looking directly into her as she started to blush as she lowered her head, thinking that she might have annoyed him.

That was when he head patted her and started to blush more of embarrassment and that everyone was watching.

Arata: You trust me right.

She looked at him and he had the same look when he was about to fight in the duel. But she knew right away that she can, of the time that she's been getting to know Arata. She knew that can trust him.

Angelica: Of course, I do.

Arata then gives her a chuckle and a smile, he walks towards the door and looks at Teacher.

Arata: Shall we?

Teacher: Yes, let's go.

The two of them leave the room as the door closes behind them and they wonder what will happen to Arata?

Timeskip

Arata was walking through the hallways of the Redgarve castle and heading toward Lord Vince's office. Arata was wondering why he wanted to see him. Sagira appeared next to him and Kilala got out of his bag and jumped on his shoulder, scratching her chin and started to purr.

Sagira: So, what do you think he wants?

Arata: Not sure.

He made it to the door and Sagira disappeared and Kilala went back onto the bag, as he opened the door he saw Angelica's father and her brother with him as well.

Vince: Ahh good, you've arrived.

Arata: Yup, hopefully I'm not in trouble.

Vince: Don't worry you're not. But I'll call you here because I wanted to ask you something.

Arata: Of course.

Vince: Tell me, I heard that you used a Lost Item in your duel, if I may ask, how did you obtain your Lost item?

Arata gasps a bit that he didn't expect him to ask him about his lost Item, the only reason he hasn't told anyone besides from Leon is because he knew that many students would try to get their hands on one and attempt to go looking into the dungeons if there's another. But Arata was wondering why he was so interested in his Lost item.

Arata: I could tell you, but usually I don't since there would be some other students trying to find a Lost item on where I got it from.

Vince: Nothing leaves this room, you have my room.

Arata takes a moment as he takes a breath and looks at him.

Arata: I got it from a dungeon, it was actually the one my exploration teacher took on the first week of the Academy. I got it from a hidden place in the dungeon and there I had to fight someone who actually led me to the hidden place.

Vince: I see, how strong was he?

Arata: Strong enough to blast a small hole on my shoulder and almost make me bleed out.

Vince and Gilbert both gasp on how surprised they were that someone could do that damage to Arata.

Arata: Afterwards he disappeared leaving me with the Lost item he used against me.

Gilbert: I must say that is very impressive. I can see why you haven't told anyone, the majority of people wouldn't believe in that.

Arata mind: Most definitely they wouldn't have.

Vince: So you already have quite the experience in a dungeon?

Arata: You could say that I am.

Vince: I see, the reason why I ask that question is because I need your help with something.

Arata: What can I do sir?

That was when he opens a drawer in his desk and pulls out a scroll and opens it to reveal a map of a dungeon.

Vince: You see there's been word going around that this certain dungeon is where students go to and return back to the Academy injured and almost getting themselves killed.

Arata: I assume that there's something valuable in that dungeon?

Vince: Yes and this is what they're looking for.

He pulled out a photo and it was a red orb.

Arata: A magic orb?

Gilbert: It's some kind of magic orb, but many don't actually know what this orb really is, but only one person confirmed that it's real.

Arata: And who would that be?

After Arata said that Vince said to chuckle, that immediately gave it away on who knew what the orb really was.

Vince: That would me boy, back in my youth I actually went into this dungeon. I was able to make it to the end to see what it was, but unfortunately the entryway I saw the orb collapsed when we were escaping, as time passed new students found a new way in. If my memory is correct this orb has something obtained inside of it, it is something very valuable and very rare.

Arata: Hmm so I assume you want me to get it instead before others try this.

Vince: Precisely.

Arata looks at the map and it looks like it was located someplace else, and it looks like it wasn't that far from the Academy. It would possibly take an hour or so to get there.

Vince: So I must ask you, can you handle it?

Arata felt thrilled to be honest, he hasn't done anything like this in a while. Not since he fought those idiots during the duel, and the only one who put him through a challenge was the Samurai.

Arata: Hell yeah, consider it done. I'll be done before you know it.

Gilbert: Actually, we do advise you to take someone with you on this. It could be challenging.

Arata: I mean I handled worst, I'll be just–

Vince: No he is right, and I know first hand that this won't be easy.

He looked at Arata and he wasn't joking around, it seemed that he would have no choice. But there was only one problem. Who would he even take? He doesn't really have any friends besides the ones he already knows.

Arata mind: I mean if it was really necessary I could go ask Daniel and Raymond, but I don't know how experienced they are in a dungeon since they skipped class that day. Olivia should be great to bring with her magic, but it could mean bad news if something bad happened to her and she is the protagonist of this world. Leon probably won't be able to due to him joining the race to replace Jilk, and there's no way I could bring Angelica. I doubt her own father would agree to bring her into a dungeon pretty dangerous.

Then there was someone that came into his mind, he just hoped he could convince the person to join him.

Arata: I do have someone in mind.

Timeskip

Wiz: Ehh!! You want me to assist you in a Quest assigned from Lord Vince?!?!?

Yup the person Arata was talking about is Wiz. He would try to ask Grayfia, but he thinks that'll be difficult since she's the secretary of the Queen. He told Vince who he was bringing and he allowed it. Arata wore the same outfit that he wore in his fight with the Prince and the others,

But he wore a jacket and had his messenger bag with him.

Arata: Indeed, that's only if you can.

Wiz: I-I mean I don't mind closing up early, but do you want me to help you.

Arata: I know how expensive you are in magic, and I wouldn't have chosen anyone else better for the job.

Wiz gasps as she smiles of how happy she was, that Arata chose her to assist him in this Quest and not only that she was actually really happy to go on a Quest, she used to go on adventures back in the day, so she's excited to go.

Wiz: Well since you're sure, I would love to go!!

Arata: Good to hear.

Wiz: Oh since we're going out do you mind waiting a bit for me to change into something more suitable?

Ararat: By all means, go ahead. Imma pack what we need. You don't mind that I use some from your shop.

Wiz: Yes of course.

She then headed to her room in the back to get changed, while she was doing that, Arata started to load his bag with potions and anything else they would need for the dungeon. Kilala was relaxing on the table and Sagira appeared next to her, that was when she was tapping her.

Sagira: Hey. Hey. Stop it.

Sagira tries to move but Kilala continues, then Sagira goes all the way up the the ceiling, but Kilala got up from the table and she on top from the table and climbs on top of the shelf and stared at Sagira. She prepares to pounce on Sagira and she notices this.

Sagira: Easy, easy now.

She then pounces right toward her, but that was when at the right moments she disappeared. Kilala was now falling to the ground, but that was when Arata caught her before she even hit the ground. She then scratches her chin and starts to purr.

Arata: She is starting to like you.

Sagira appeared again in front of Arata.

Sagira: -_- Really, cuz it looks like I'm becoming her cat toy.

Arata: It'll take time, plus you have info on the orb?

Sagira: From what I got it obtains something very valuable, but it isn't life threatening or anything.

Arata was glad that it wasn't something dangerous he was trying to get, but he probably thought that it was something very expensive. He also did feel glad that he gets to go out somewhere else out away from the Academy, it has been awhile since he went into a dungeon. But it did feel different since Arata isn't going with Leon but someone new, overall he's glad that he is going with Wiz and she is definitely excited to go.

Wiz: Ok! All set!

Sagira disappears once again and Arata looks to see Wiz in a completely different outfit.

She even had a magic staff. Arata didn't stop staring at her and just like Gryafia. He never expected her to wear something completely different. Wiz started to get nervous on how he's just staring at her.

Wiz: Oh uhh! I-Is there something wrong with my outfit?

Arata snapped out of thought and shook his head and smiled at her, and gave her a thumbs up.

Arata: Not at all, you look amazing.

Wiz blushes of the compliment that Arata gave her.

Wiz: Oh Th-Thank you, so how far is the dungeon?

Arata: It's a bit far away from the Academy, but don't worry I know who's gonna take us.

Arata looks at Kilala who was still in his arms and Wiz sees what he was getting at, and she looks excited.

Wiz: Ahh so Kilala is going to bring us there.

Arata: Yup, it'll be the first time that she actually is in her actual form. I got what we need and have the map of where it is, you ready?

Wiz: Of course!

They exit the shop and Wiz made sure she locked everything and put the close sign facing the door. Kilala then got out of Arata's hand and landed on the ground and started to transform.

It has been awhile that he's seen her like this, she then stretches her body. Wiz and Arata were just watching this and Arata smiled that he was glad that he met Kilala, he would admit he has spoiled her a bit with getting attention from cuddles, and her favorite spot his lap. She finishes her starches and walks towards Arata, that was when she starts licking him.

Arata simply chuckles and hugs her as she nuzzles Arata. Arata then goes to her side and Kilala lowers herself a bit and he gets on her back, he looks at Wiz and she to Kilala side and gets on Kilala back as well, she then lifts herself up. Flames started to build up on her feet and started to lift herself up from the ground, Arata held on to Kilala and Wiz wrapped her arms around Arata's waist as her chest was pressing against his back. He feels them as he blushes, as Kilala descends to the sky heading to the dungeon.

Arata: Tr-Try not to fall off!

Wiz: Ok!

Arata mind: This is gonna be a long ride.

Timeskip

They were almost to the dungeon that was located on a mountain, Arata looked down and saw a path that led to the dungeon which he assumed that's where they would've gone if they didn't have Kilala with them.They make it inside of the cave and heading towards the door of the dungeon. They saw light at the end of the cave as they got closer and closer to the light, it blinds them for a second.

As they saw the door lead to the dungeon. They saw that there were trees inside of the cave and a big hole that shines at the door. Kilala lands in front of the door, Arata and Wiz both get off of Kilala back and look at the door, Kilala reverts back into her small form and gets on Arata's shoulder.

Arata: Guess we finally made it.

Wiz: Indeed we have.

Arata got a small treat out of his bag and gave it to Kilala and patted her head.

Arata: Now let's go find what we came here for.

Arata starts to open the door as it slowly opens till there was enough space to get inside. They enter the dungeon and he closes the door, they stand in a hallway and see a small flight of stairs and walk down it and a bunch of pillars and tree roots.

Arata: Gotta say, it's different from the one near the Academy.

Wiz: Dungeons can always be different.

They start to walk through the hallway and look around to see if there was something, they notice that there were rusty weapons on the floor. It looked pretty old so they hadn't recently begun to rust. Both of them saw another flight of stairs down at the end and they walked towards it. Before they were about to head down they heard something metal move, Kilala jumped off of Arata's shoulder and transformed again and got in front of Arata and Wiz. Arata Brings out senbonzakura and draws it out, that was when they heard footsteps as they both saw an undead knight.

And he had a few other undead knights with him as well.

Arata: Well guess it was earlier than ever for someone to show up.

Arata was about to go in and attack, but Wiz stops him.

Wiz: Allow me.

Her staff then starts to glow as she is about to cast one of her spells, she then aims it towards the skeletons.

Wiz: «Bottomless swamp».

That was when she fired at them and a goo swamp appeared as they were being drawn into it. Arata was impressed that she dealt with the monsters easily.

Arata: Well that takes care of that. Nice work

She then turns and looks at Arata with a smile.

Wiz: Thanks, now let's head lower in the dungeon.

He nods his head in agreement and Kilala goes back into her small form and goes back to Arata's left shoulder. They start to head lower into the dungeon.

Small Timeskip

They finally made it to the bottom of the dungeon and walked down the hallway, Arata then saw that there were doors but he noticed that one of them had debris. He then remembers that Lord Vince said that the entryway to the orb was blocked when he was escaping, that would mean that Arata and Wiz would need to take the long way. Arata told Wiz that they should look inside the room and see what they have inside, Wiz also told him that she had the ability to detect any enemies and any traps. She gave him the thumbs up that there were no traps and weren't any monster, they started their search one room at a time and haven't found anything yet. Arata opened another door and noticed that there were scratch marks on the walls and dried blood.

Arata mind: Something gotta be down here.

He exits the room and sees Wiz exit the room she was looking at.

Arata: Anything?

Wiz: *shakes her head* Nothing.

Arata: Guess the people that got here before us looted everything up, the only thing left here I assume is the orb.

Wiz: Seems like it. We should probably go on ahead.

Arata: Definitely.

They both move on and head further down towards the end of the hall and turn at the corner and more dried blood on the walls. But it did seem weird that there were no monsters besides the undead knights. Arata stopped walking when he smelt a horrible stench and Wiz smelt it too and covered her nose.

Wiz: That smell.

They see a door and Arata slowly walks to it and the horrible smell is getting stronger. Wiz checked if there was someone or something behind it, she gasped a bit and Arata knew that there was something behind the door. He looks at her and she glances back at him as his look was telling her to be on guard as she nods, that was when he kicked the door down and the smell was just horrible. It was dark in the room and Wiz uses her magic to shed some light, as it brought light in the room they hear chains rattling and they see something. Their eyes widened from what they saw when the room had enough light to see what they saw. It was an elf woman who was covered in blood and was completely naked. Wiz was about to throw up on the sight and Arata felt disgusted by this, the elf slowly lifted her head with the strength she had.

Elf: He-Help.

Wiz gasps that the elf was still able to talk in her condition, but Arata felt something was off. Wiz immediately started to act and attempted to help, she was about to go to the elf but Arata put out his hand in front of her to stop her.

Wiz: What are you doing ?! We need to help her!

Elf: Yo-You must ki-kill.

It was when Arata unsheathe his sword and was getting ready for the kill.

Arata: Understood.

Wiz's eyes widened as she looked at Arata who looked serious and was getting into his sword stance. That was when Arata charged towards the elf as she started to yell at him.

Wiz: Wait hold on Arata!!!

As Arata was about to go for the kill, the elf spoke once more.

Elf: You must kill. This monster!!

That was when behind was a goblin as he jumps at Arata with a dagger that was coated with poison, Arata slash the goblin completely as he turns around and looks at Wiz.

Arata: I don't even wanna ask what you were thinking I was gonna do.

Elf: Ki-Kill them, every last one.

Arata then cleaned his sword from the goblin blood on it.

Arata: I plan to. Wiz, help her out.

Wiz: *nods* right!

Wiz rushed towards the elf and Arata cut the chains off of the elf, Wiz began to heal her as Arata brought a blanket he had in his messenger bag and covered the elf with it. He notices there was another bag on the floor he goes to it and picks it up, it felt like that there was something inside and as he opens it he lightly gasps of what he saw in the bag.

It was a revolver in a holster, it was surprisingly in good condition. He opened it up and had ammo inside and checked in the bag and had extra in it, not only that he saw a scroll in it as well.

Arata: Might come in handy.

He places the holder around his waist and puts the scroll in his bag. Wiz was almost done healing the Elf as she started to fall asleep, after all the suffering that she went through. Wiz was about to talk but she was cut off by a scream echo. Arata knew that they couldn't just leave the elf behind and take her with them to whatever the scream was, Arata turned around and looked at Wiz.

Arata: Wiz, tell me you have any teleportation spells.

Wiz: Yes I do.

Arata: Good, take the Elf out of the dungeon and get her where she can get help.

Wiz had no time to respond as he rushed out of the room and headed towards the scream as he heard it once again. He turned the other corner as he saw light at the end. As he increased his speed, he made it to the end as he saw a bunch of stone pillars and some broken ones on the floor. That was when he saw people in the dungeon and they were fighting against more goblins.

Arata noticed a larger goblins was going after the girls, Arata knew that goblins go after women, children, and even elves.

Arata: Kilala!!

She jumped off of his shoulder and transformed and started to attack the smaller goblins, he then rushed towards the larger goblin who is acting known as a goblin champion, as Arata pushed it back away from the two girls. But he wasn't done just yet as his sword started to glow pink.

Arata: Now scatter.

His blade started to break down into shapes of petals.

Arata: Senbonzakura.

The petals scattered and it was killing off the goblins one by one, but that someone called Arata out.

???: Wh-What the hell!

Arata looked and saw who it was and it for sure wasn't Wiz but to his surprise it was Morisaki and some of his friends, the one that tried to start trouble on the first day of school. When the goblin champion charges at Arata, as he notices and dodges his attack, he sends petals at him as the goblin champion as it surrounds him. It was cutting down the goblin and killing it with ease, as its body collapsed down to the ground. Senbonzakura then reconstructed it back into a blade. Kilala even finished off the goblins, she went over to Arata and gave her scratches under her chin as she started to purr.

Morisaki: Why are you here?

Arata: That doesn't matter in the slightest right now, I honestly knew you didn't give me a thanks for saving your ass.

Morisaki grits his teeth that Arata was able to handle the goblins all on his own. He then goes to the two girls that were on the floor shaken from what just happened, he notices one of them looked very pale. That was when he saw a dagger that had poison, he grabbed an antidote from his bag and gave it to the girl who was next to her.

Arata: Make her drink this.

She nods without hesitation as she grabs the antidote and gives it to her, Arata then sees others that were injured as well, he then looks at Morisaki.

Morisaki: I'll ask again, why are you here?

Arata: *sighs* Still annoying as ever... I was sent here because students kept getting injured in this specific dungeon, not to mention that the teachers warned students not to approach it. But imma assume that you're here for the treasure aren't you?

Morisaki: And what of it?

Arata: What of it? Pretty sure that you would've been dead if I didn't show up.

Morisaki You have the nerve to lecture me!

Arata: Pretty much since you didn–

That was when he felt a cold breeze and it was coming from a big corridor. That was when they all heard large footsteps as the ground started to shake. That was when a humongous creature appeared with a weapon in his hand.

Everyone besides Arata were in fear, the creature then looked and saw all the goblins were dead.

???: Tch! I knew it was too quiet, these mere goblins can't be good foot soldiers. I honestly lost count on how many humans enter this place, but as usual you humans came prepared than that Elf from before. But like the others you will pay for entering my fortress.

Arata: Well this escalated quickly.

Student boy#1: How the hell are you so calm?!

Student girl#1: That thing in front of us is an Ogre!!

The Ogre looked at Arata who was still calm and believed that he was mocking him.

Ogre: You little bastard! Do you have the slightest idea who you're messing with?!?!

Arata: I could honestly care less what you are.

Ogre: Then you'll wish to never set foot into my domain!

That was when he started to charge up a giant fireball. Everyone now expected Arata and Kilala were starting to freak out even more now. Some of the others were able to use spells but they knew with the state that they couldn't use any spells.

Morisaki: You commoner!! Can't you do something!?!?

Arata ignored him as his blade started to glow pink once again.

Arata Scat–

He was able to finish when he felt a very cold and felt a strong burst of magic aura.

???: «Cursed Crystal Prison»!!

That was when a large glacier of ice appeared and it froze the right side of the Ogre which stopped his spell, that caught him off guard that someone was able to stop his attack.Everyone looked and saw it was Wiz as her bangs covered her eyes and her aura surrounded her.

Ogre: What the hell!! How did you–

Wiz: How dare you.

Her tone of voice sounded different and not her usual joyful voice, but more menacing tone. Everyone started to shake up , even Arata a little.

Wiz: Those goblins. How many people that came down here and you let them do whatever they want to those who trespass, especially to that Elf. You made them suffer something worse than death itself.

Ogre felt Wiz's magic and was trying to get free from the ice.

Ogre: Damn you woman do you have any–

He looked at Wiz and flinched a bit as he felt her magic got more tense as he was a bit frightened.

Wiz: You will pay for what you've done a thousand times over!!!!

That was when everyone started to fear Wiz for her magic and Arata did a bit as well.

Arata mind: It would seem that the women in my life so far are slowly revealing their dark side.

That was when the Orge tried to cast his fireball spell trying to break the ice and it was working. The ice started to crack more and more, Arata saw this and was getting ready. That was when the ice finally burst and ice particles scattered everywhere.

Ogre: I must say, I haven't seen anyone that possesses this much magic power before. But it won't matter, this place will be your grave!

Arata: Tch, yeah right. Like hell that's gonna happen.

The Ogre narrowed his eyes at Arata, thinking he wasn't going to die. The Ogre was somewhat impressed that he wasn't freaking out like the others besides Wiz and Kilala.

Ogre: Don't get it over your head boy! You'll be the first one to suffer more than that Elf and many others have.

Arata: Well see.

That was when the blade scattered immediately into petals and went towards the Ogre and was doing  damage to him, but that didn't stop him from attacking. He lifts his metal club and slams it at Arata as he dodges it. The ground from that attack broke. Arata looks at the other students as they were still shaken up

Arata: Hey! You better get off your asses and fight damn it !!

They gasp as Arata suggests them to fight even when they are scared to die, Morisaki looks at Arata who thought he was insane or Something.

Morisaki: Have you gone mad!! You deal with that thing!

Arata grits his teeth in both annoyance and frustration, he then shifts his glance at Wiz.

Arata: Wiz can you hold him off for a bit!

Wiz: *nods* I'll do my best.

Arata: Kilala help her out!

Wiz then started to cast spells at the Ogre, that was when Kilala started to fly and ram into the Ogre as he attacked Kilala. Senbonzakura reformed back into a blade as Arata walked towards.

Arata: I can give a rats ass why you thought it was smart to come down here, but you and the others ain't gonna sit and do nothing!

Morisaki: Like hell I'm going to listen to a filthy comm–

Arata punches him in the gut as he coughs up blood a bit as he was about to hit the ground, Arata grabs him by his collar.

Arata: Enough of this commoner shit damn it!! You brought this on to everyone you brought here and I damn well know for a fact I'm not gonna be held responsible for you idiots! If I wanted you all dead I simply would've left you to die by those goblins, but I didn't and you better be careful for it asshole. I know that they won't listen to me but they'll damn well sure listen to you, If you and the others want to live. Then fight for it!

Arata then shoves Morisaki to the ground as he rushes back into the fight and he once again uses Senbonzakura against the Ogre. Morisaki was still on ground and Arata words kept echoing in his mind, he was annoyed that he got lecture from him of all people of what he's done so far in the Academy, not to mention got in trouble of his little stunt of the capital and lost his money due to him bedding on the duel. Back to the fight Wiz was shooting Ice particles at the Ogre, he grunted in pain and Kilala spits out in his face, making his face burn. That was when the Ogre noticed that his weapon began to slowly crack and found out that Arata attacked less on him but more on his weapon. The Ogre attempts to attack Arata again.

*BANG*

That was when the Ogre's grunts in pain due to his eye getting shot at Arata and Wiz looks at the direction of where the shot came from, and it was Morisaki who was holding a rifle.

Ogre: You little pest!!

He attempts to go towards Morisaki but he couldn't feel his legs he looks down and notices that his feet were frozen and he looks and sees the others were casted a spell when he was distracted. He grunts in annoyance and Arata takes this chance to bring him down, he blitzs towards him and attacks his knees. Wiz sees this but noticed something was off, she tried to call him out but it was already too late.

Ogre: You honestly think that'll bring me down.

It was when the Ogre slams his weapons at Arata with Senbonzakura defeating him but it still wasn't enough as he was sent flying towards a pillar as he coughed up blood and fell to the ground as he started to bleed. Wiz screams his name in being worried.

Wiz: ARATA!!

Ogre: foolish boy, you'll pay dearly for this.

That was when the Ogre's injuries started to heal itself, so did his eye as it was fully healed. He also broke the ice from his feet.

Ogre: Now it's time for all of you to die!!

Morisaki: You wished!

That was when he started to fire at the Ogre and the others started to cast spells and other charges at him.

Morisaki: Hey! Go attend to him, we'll give you cover.

Wiz wastes no time and rushes to Arata who hasn't moved and Kilala joins her. She crouches down and starts to heal him.

Wiz: Arata. Arata, wake up!

Ogre: Out of the way!

The Ogre slams his weapons at the rock pillars as the debris falls down as Morisaki and his friends scatter and avoid the falling debris. Arata then slowly starts to regain consciousness as he slowly opens his eyes and he sees Wiz and Kilala next to him.

Arata: Shit, bastard got a good hit. I'll give him that.

Wiz: Oh Arata! Thank goodness you're ok!

Arata: What's happening?

Wiz: Everyone is buying us time, but they won't hold any longer.

Arata: I'll manage the rest, hand me a stamina potion out of my bag.

Wiz: Right.

She stopped healing Arata and grabbed his bag and handed him the potion and looked and saw the others were injured and barely holding on.

Arata: One last thing I need you to do for me.

Wiz looks back at Arata who was drinking the potion.

Wiz: Of course.

Arata: I have something in my bag and here is what I need you to do.

He tells her the plan and her eyes widened of the plan and was surprised he was even going through with this, but she could tell right away that he was serious about the plan. She didn't even question him about it, as she got something else from his bag. The Ogre was getting very annoyed at this point that no one had died yet. Wiz finishes what she was asked to do as she hands his bag to him.

Wiz: It's done

Arata: Thanks.

He slowly gets up and walks towards the Ogre, he tells Kilala to stay with Wiz. He was still holding Senbonzakura. The pedals become the blade once again and he puts it back into its sheath. Morisaki and some of the other students see him but notice that he was still bleeding, as there was also a bit of blood on his forehead.

Morisaki: Hey, you're still injured!

Arata: Doesn't matter, just get everyone back.

Morisaki notices that Arata is up to something, he tells everyone to fall back to where Wiz is at the Ogre sees Arata who is still alive but impressed that didn't kill him at all.

Ogre: You don't know when to quit, do you boy.

That was when he started to cast another massive fireball. Everyone in the back started to freak out now since some of them were pretty drained of using magic.

Ogre: Don't worry even if all the girls survive, I'll make them into my play things and devour them once I'm done.

All of the girls started to freak out and Wiz started to a little as well. That was when purple aura started to surround Arata. He tossed his bag to the side as he was holding a scroll.

Arata: That won't happen, not as long as I'm around.

The Ogre held a massive fireball in his hand and Arata was in front of the Ogre, he then began to throw it to Arata.

Ogre: DIE!!!!

Arata: ... Checkmate.

That was when he opens the scroll as a bright light blinds everyone and they cover their eyes. The fireball completely disappeared and the Ogre eye's widened that his parts of his right hand and arm were getting sliced, but that was when the light was too bright to even see... brightness was gone and the Ogre was looking at the ceiling as his eye's still widened that both of his arms and his bottom half was gone, he started to cough up blood. Arata then started to walk toward the Ogre as his left eye started to glow purple and the scroll started to smoke.

Ogre: Wh-What did you do?!

Arata then lifted up the scroll to show him what he used.

Arata: It's a gate scroll, I made Wiz link it to the bottom of the sea.

Everyone gasps besides Wiz but she was still surprised that he knew what to do and handle the Ogre. Morisaki and the others couldn't believe that Arata used something that wasn't meant to be used as a weapon and brought down the Ogre.

Morisaki: What was that? Did he just use sea water?

Student boy#1: The water of that depth is under incredible pressure, it must have been unleashed swiftly like a blade. To think he would use something that would be used for a kind of escape but instead uses it as a weapon.

Morisaki: The hell. Who really is this guy?

Wiz was just in awe of how he came up with a plan like this. Arata continued to slowly walk toward Ogre as the scroll disappeared into ashes.

Arata: Good thing you aren't able to regenerate your limbs. That would be a serious pain in the ass, I did plan to use the scroll for something else but who cares.

Arata then started to climb the Ogre as now he was looking down at him. The Ogre was just in disbelief that there was someone that used something that wasn't a weapon at all against him and lost.

Ogre: Yo-Your insane!! You can't possible can't be human!?!?

Arata: ... Who knows, but even still.

He then drew Senbonzakura and reverse gripped it as he started down at the Ogre, as his left eye glows purple and ready to end the Ogre.

Arata: Anyone or anything that crosses my path, will pay the price.

The Ogre is shaken in fear that a human such as Arata could be this menacing to him, all this time he's ever seen any human like him before. Arata then pierced his forehead as the Ogre was screaming in pain and Arata pierced it more through the brain killing the Ogre for good. Arata removed his sword and flickered it to get rid of the blood, he pants lightly. Everyone just stood there in awe of what just happened. He sheaths back his sword and he notices a door in front of him that had a small gap of light. He turns around and looks at Wiz.

Arata: Go take everyone out of here.

Wiz: But what about you?

Arata: I'll manage. I still have a task I need to finish.

Arata gets off of the dead Ogre and starts to head to the door. That was when Kilala rushed to him as she tackled him to the ground and was surprised by this, she started to lick him and he started to laugh. But Arata knew that she was worried about him and getting hurt pretty bad. He scratched her chin and started to purr as he started to get up from the ground, she started to nuzzle him.

Arata: So Wiz, can you do it?

Wiz: ... I can, I'll come back ASAP.

Arata: Noted.

He then went to get his messenger bag but that was when he heard Morisaki.

Morisaki: Wait!

He sighed and looked at him and he was getting ready to be annoyed, Arata assumed that he was going to get mad cuz he was going to look for the orb Arata was originally sent to get.

Morisaki: There's no point of arguing any further on what happened next, so we'll comply and make our way out... Not only that. Thanks for the save.

Everyone including Arata was surprised that he didn't complain at all and Arata actually expected him to say some nonsense like you usually do but he doesn't. But he doesn't. Some of his friends were about to question him but Morisaki turns around and looks at them and shakes his head, telling them to leave it be. He also noticed that some of the girls were barely holding their courage of what the goblins tried to do to them. Wiz then started to use her teleportation spell to get out of the dungeon, while she was doing that Arata got his bag and headed to the door with Kilala next to him.

Arata mind: Time to get what we came here for.

Arata approached the door and Kilala helped out by ramming into the door as it opened it and it revealed stairs that go up. She shakes her head to get rid of the dust, Arata pats her head and they proceed to go up the stairs as they light at the end of the stairs. As they made it to the top it was revealed to be some sort of treasure room.

They were on the bottom floor and they noticed a doorway on the top, Arata assumed that it was the way Lord Vince went when he went into the dungeon long ago. There was also a red light from the top as well. But that was when he saw magic circles on the floor and it brought out Lizard man, it probably is some sort of security measure for this room.

Arata mind: -_- Just. Great.

Small Timeskip

After some time of Arata killing a non stop peerage of Lizardman Arata was annoyed when they kept spawning more and more, but that was when he discovered that there was a hidden spawner that summoned out Lizardman. Footsteps can be heard from the stairway and it's revealed to be Wiz who was panting heavily as she rushed to get to Arata as soon as possible but she gasps as she sees a tons of Lizardman bodies and notices him sitting on the ground with Kilala next to him. She goes to him to check on him.

Wiz: Arata! Are you ok?

Arata: Yeah I am, me and Kilala just taking a breather. There was a stupid spawner that kept bringing out Lizardman, but I took care of it.

Arata took out his remaining stamina potion and he got up from the ground and he took out her cat treats he keeps in his bag for Kilala, she started to eat them and she enjoyed it.

Arata: I think it's time to wrap this up.

Arata and Wiz got onto her back and she flew to the top of the platform and there it was, the orb standing on top of a small pillar. But Arata's perspective of seeing this was from a movie. Arata has his money bag and he puts his money in his pocket and goes to the rubble and puts it into the bag. He goes back to the orb and he slowly attempts to replace it with the bag like it never was left that spot. Wiz in the back and Kilala were both nervous. Arata took some deep breaths and was ready to grab the orb and replace it with the bag. He grabs the orb quickly and replaces it instantly. He waits a few seconds to see if anything happens and nothing so far, They sigh in relief.

Arata: Thank god.

But that moment of relief was gone in an instant when the whole place started to rumble. Wiz started to freak out and Arata stood there annoyed.

Arata mind: -_- Right, should've figured.

Timeskip

After escaping the dungeon for their lives they finally made it back safely, and Morisaki and the others did as well. Kilala was resting in his messenger bag. They both make their way into Lord Vince's office, as they open the door they see Gilbert and Vince as they looked very surprised that they made it.

Gilbert: Lord Bartfort! You've made it!

Arata: Yup and by the way Lord Vince. The path you mention went into. Yeah I safely say that was probably the safest route to go in.

Vince: I see, Was it troubling for you two?

Arata: Oh before that, I wanna introduce you two to Wiz.

Wiz gasps as she was a bit nervous and shy since she never been to any noble castle before.

Wiz: My name is Wiz and I helped Arata out in the dungeon. It's a pleasure to meet you both.

Vince: Oh Please the pleasure all mine Ms Wiz.

Gilbert did notice that the two of them were covered in dust and their clothes were tattered as well.

Gilbert: The dungeon must've been troublesome. If I may ask, what were you two fighting against?

Arata: Ahh you know the beginning was some undead knights but Wiz handled them easily.

Wiz smiled at the compliment that Arata gave her.

Arata: After that it was goblins and an Ogre.

Gilbert/ Vince: An Ogre!!

They both were surprised that Arata and Wiz encountered an Ogre, before they questioned any further Arata explained that Morisaki was also in the dungeon with some other students as well. Lord Vince sighs and says that he'll handle it.

Vince: We must know, how did you manage to beat it.

Wiz: Well it was tough to kill since he had the ability to regenerate.

Arata: Definitely he got some good damage on me but I'll manage, plus I did to get the upper hand by using a gate scroll.

This caught their attention when Arata mentioned using a gate scroll and was a bit confused.

Gilbert: I'm sorry bit how did manage to get the upper hand by using something that was meant for teleportation?

Arata: Simple. Wiz linked it to the bottom of the sea.

Vince: The sea?

Gilbert: Ahh I get it, when released the depth is under incredible pressure, like a blade.

Arata: Bingo. He couldn't regenerate his limbs so that was when I killed him. After that killed some Lizardman and.

Arata then reached out into his bag, and noticed something was glowing in his bag. He pulled it out and it was the orb.

Arata: Got this and get the hell outta there.

The both of them gasped at the mere sight of the orb and were speechless that they were able to get the orb and were still amazed that they killed an Ogre. He placed it on his desk and they were amazed that it was in front of them.

Vince: I can't believe it. After all these years.

Arata: Yup and it's all yours.

Everyone looked at Arata very surprised, they didn't expect that Arata at all. But for Arata that was his plan from the start. If somehow the orb was dangerous he probably would've either destroyed it or made something out of it. But since it wasn't anything dangerous he would've just given it to Lord Vince, since if he kept the orb, it'll bring attention to him and he didn't want that.

Gilbert: But why? This orb was hard to get.

Arata: True. But I'm pretty sure if anyone I wanted to leave it besides anyone I trust including Wiz, it'll be better to leave it to you. You could consider it a thank you for helping me and my brother out with the whole duel situation.

Lord Vince was silent and didn't even know what to say, but he slowly started to chuckle and soon turned into laughter.

Vince: You truly are an interesting student Bartfort.

Arata: So I've heard.

Vince: Very well then, I accept this. But at least let me pay the two of you for taking this request.

Arata: Fair enough. 

Small Timeskip

Lord Vince paid them and Arata and Wiz exited the red castle. Now inside the Redgrave, Lord Vince and Gilbert walk in the hallway heading toward Lord Vince's room.

Vince: That boy saw right through me.

Gilbert: What do you mean father?

Vince: In truth, I was going to tell him that the orb would be his award and to see if I offered to pay him to get the orb back. But instead, he offered it to me for helping him and his brother out.

They both make it to Lord Vince's room as he is toward the table and places the orb on it.

Gilbert: What exactly does this orb do?

Vince: Watch and see.

That was when the orb started to glow brighter with a magic aura and started to surround the orb, but that was when it started to reform itself. It was truly beautiful to witness as the light started to go away,

It was a crystal flower that was surrounded by a see through case. Gilbert was speechless of what the orb exactly was.

Gilbert: A crystal flower.

Vince: Yes, When I was his age I remember that there used to be a cave with tons of crystals and it had crystal flowers, but as time passed they were starting to get tougher to find.

Gilbert: I see, was that why you tried to get it back then.

Vince: Hmm you could say that... We should get going, I do still have to deal with the students that went into the dungeon when they were warned about.

Gilbert: Right.

They both start to leave the room and leave the flower on the table as they exit the room, Vince is thinking of how Arata managed to get the orb and was up against an Ogre and defeated it. He didn't even look fazed when he mentioned the Ogre like he wasn't afraid.

Vince mind: I was right about you Bartfort. You are truly something.

Timeskip

Arata made it back and was now infront of Wiz store since he wanted to take her back, she told him that she was fine but he insisted on taking her back.

Arata: Thanks again for the help Wiz, I really owe you big time.

Wiz: Nonsense, It was intense i'll admit but I enjoyed helping you.

Arata: Plus here's your extra for the help.

Wiz: Actually there is no need, but if you want to repay me.

Wiz started to blush as she was nervous to ask for her request, she already knew that he was going to give her extra pay for the help. But wanted something else in return. She kept stuttering and tried to put it into words but couldn't.

Arata: I mean, if it's something I can do then sure.

Wiz gasps as she takes a deep breath and starts not to get nervous.

Wiz: Ca-Can we hug?

Arata gasps in pure shock that he didn't expect the request to be a hug. Random thing to say out of nowhere, some people would agree on yes. But when it comes to Wiz, how could he say no to that. Arata chuckled as he saw Wiz's eyes were closed since she was embarrassed and was waiting for what Arata would replay. Arata simply stayed silent and simply went towards her as he wrapped his arms around her, as she startled a bit. She opens her as she feels his arm around her. Wiz also held him tight as she closed her eyes again as she nuzzled on his shoulder. Wiz felt safe in his arms and warm.

Wiz mind: So warm.

After a few minutes pass Wiz slowly lets go and Arata does the same. Wiz smiles at him and so does he, she yawns a bit and he could tell she was starting to get tired.

Arata: Go get some rest, you earned it.

Wiz: I will and thank you again Arata.

Arata: No problem.

Arata turns and starts to head back to the Academy, Wiz watches him leave. She heard her heart start pounding. She never thought she would feel like this before, but she didn't want to jump to conclusion just yet, not to mention she did notice that Angelica kept looking at her when she mentioned that she was acquainted with Arata. Wiz knew who she was and that she was the one that got help from Arata and his brother, during the whole situation between her and the Prince. Guess she had to wait and see what happened the next time she meets with him.

Small Timeskip

In a tea room is where Leon is with Jilk, along with Clarice and Dan. Marie picked Leon to replace Jilk for the next bike race since he was out of commission. Long story short he accepted and won the race, and won a bunch of money once again. Plus everyone hates Leon even more now since they lost money due to them betting, now Jilk is attempting to apologize to Clarice.

Jilk: I'm here to tell you how sorry I am for what I did to you and your family. I truly believe that the way I treated you was terrible. I'm really sorry Clarice.

She gasps that he was apologizing to her and was angry that now he started apologizing.

Clarice: It's too late for that Jilk. After how long I spent waiting for you?! Did you really think writing me a letter would erase all the feelings I had?!

Jilk: I hope you know that I never intended to cause you pain. I'd fallen in love with another woman and didn't know how to tell you.

She slapped Jilk and left a mark on his left cheek. She was on the urge of crying but was holding back her tears.

Clarice: Stop, do you hear yourself? Why her? Why do you accept her love instead of mine?

Jilk: I wish I had a reason, all I can tell you is that I fallen in love with Marie.

Leon was in the back listening to the whole thing.

Leon mind: It sounds eloquent coming from a pretty boy like him, in reality. He's admitting that he's a non-confrontational heck.

Dan was furious at Jilk as he was a loyal follower to Clarice and was angered since he knew how much she loved Jilk.

Dan: Bastard! How dare you–

Clarice: Please stop.

Dan: But, my lady.

She turns around and Stares at the ground as she clinches her first in frustration.

Clarice: There's no point in escalating this any further. I'm done, through associating with that coward.

Dan was surprised that Clarince no longer wants anything to do with Jilk, as for Jilk his hair covers his eyes and Leon still says nothing. It was all silence until they heard the door open.

???: Finally, this is where you went.

All of them change their direction to the door to see it was none other than Arata, he still had his outfit on. They all gasped when they notices had some scratches on him and his clothing was tattered a bit. Leon broke the silence.

Leon: DUDE!! WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN!?!?

Arata: Long ass story my brother .

A few minutes passed, Jilk returned to his room with the help of his followers. Leon poured some tea for Clarice and Arata was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket, Dan then slightly bowed to Leon.

Dan: Thank you my lord for what you did will not be forgotten.

Leon: No worries, I did it because I don't like that deal weed myself.

Arata: You and me both dude.

He places the teacup in front of Clarice and he turns and looks at Arata.

Leon: Might as well tell us where you've been since these two were there as well.

Arata: *sighs* I assume you heard about the certain dungeon many students kept getting hurt in.

Clarice: The one that we were told not to pursue.

Arata: Well that's what I was called in to do by Lord Vince, he wanted me to clear it since he knew I had experience in a dungeon and I cleared it.

Leon: Then why didn't he call me as well?

Arata: Probably since many people know that I have experience and hand to hand combat and use a sword. Trust me on this dude, be glad you didn't go.

Leon: Welly noted.

Leon turns back around and looks at Clarice.

Leon: As for you milady, get back on your feet and keep your chin up. You're a catch and there's plenty of guys out there.

Arata mind: If there's any guy at this Academy that had actual taste.

Clarice smiles at Leon for the compliment he gave her.

Clarice: I appreciate it. Your personality may be twisted, but there's some kindness in you.

Leon smiles and Arata quietly chuckles to himself.

Clarice: By the way, you two should check on your friends,they might need you.

This caught the attention of the Bartfort brothers.

Clarice: Apparently, things got ugly between Angie and that scholarship student during the race.

Arata mind: And here people thought I would be the only one causing trouble.

Small Timeskip

The sun was going down and the Bartfort brothers decided to find out what happened between Angelica and Olivia. Since Leon usually talks more with Olivia, he'll go find her and find out from her perspective and Arata is gonna find Angelica. Leon did want to know the whole story so Arata told him that he will tomorrow since they have a day off and not to mention, they still gotta deal with that Wayne girl.

Outside of the Academy, Angelica is covered in badges of the fight she had with Stephanie, the one that caused trouble in Leon's and Arata cafe. But it would seem like she wasn't walking properly as she was limping.

???: Never thought you were hard to find.

She gasps and turns and sees it was Arata, her eyes widened that he finally made it back to campus. She was about to speak but she was Arata walking towards her as he had a neutral look as usual. As he was now in front of her as he tapped her left ankle with his foot, She screamed in pain as she kneeled down holding her ankle. That was when Arata kneeled down too.

Arata: Well you're definitely not gonna make it back to your room.

Angelica saw what he was doing and she started to blush from embarrassment.

Angelica: Hold on! You're not saying.

Arata: I'll carry you on my back, I'll treat it in my room.

That was when her whole face turned bright red and her mind couldn't process this.

Angelica: Ar-ARE YOU INSANE! Y-You want me to go to your room!

Arata: Relax, I just came back from meeting with your dad. If you think imma make a move then you're mistaken.

Angelica's face was still red, she took a moment to herself and sighs as she started to calm down. As she slowly got onto his back and wrapped her arms around him, Arata then slowly got up and was holding her legs. He started to walk to his room as the two of them stayed quite as Angelica was embarrassed that someone might see them and not only that it's her first piggyback ride. Arata tries to hold back his blushing as he can feel the texture of her tights. But then she notices that there were blood stains on his jacket.

Angelica: Wh-What happened to you? Did something bad happen when you met with my father?

Arata: No need to panic, your father wanted me to clear a dungeon that was getting too dangerous for other students. Besides he advised me to bring someone, so I brought Wiz.

Just hearing Wiz's name start getting annoyed instantly, she tightened her grip around him.

Angelica: Really now. How did that go along with her?

Arata had started to have a struggle breathing as he adjusted his grip as she gasped which made her loosen her grip around him.

Angelica: Watch those hands!

Arata: My bad and plus try not to have a sudden grudge on Wiz whenever she's brought up. Before meeting you and Olivia, she was the first person to make me feel like I'm a lowly trash. Besides I know you and the others would get along with her. Just get to know her and you'll see, trust me.

Angelica knew that he was usually true with his words of the time she got to know him, but she feels like there's still more to learn about him. As it started to become night they entered the building as luckily so far they haven't ran into anyone which was good, they finally made it to his room as he was able to open the door even with her in his back. They enter his as they both sigh in relief as he walks toward his bed and places her on top. He places his bag on the floor next to his desk as Kilala jumps out of it and goes to the bed as lays next to Angelica. She wanted to pet Kilala but was nervous since this was actually the first time that she was actually with Kilala.

Arata: She won't bite.

Angelica looked at Arata who was looking for something, and Angelica slowly reached out to pet Kilala, as she touched her head. Kilala didn't do anything to her but only purring, she smiled at this and started to scratch under her chin.

Angelica: She's adorable.

Arata: Indeed she is.

But all of a sudden something outside, as they both look at the window and notice drops of water and see that it was raining outside. Good thing Arata managed to find Angelica. But Angelica started to blush cuz she knew that she couldn't go back to her room since the girls' dorms were on the other side of the Academy, and only left with one option. Arata sighs as he grabs towels and gives it to Angelica.

Arata: Guess you're staying here for tonight, you might as well freshen up.

Angelica: Ar-Are you sure.

Arata: Yes I insist, but try to take it easy Imma treat your ankle when you are done.

Angelica: Very well, ex-excuse me.

Arata: But before that, drink this.

He handed her a bottle of medicine that he keeps and it'll help ease the pain. She drinks it and she can already feel the effects working, Angelica tried to get up but she was struggling to get up, Arata helped her get up. He told him to hold his arm and what she did as he guided her to the bathroom, he opened the door and decided to turn the tub on for her and check the water temperature.

Arata: It should be good, just let me know if you need anything else

Angelica: *nods* Thank you.

He heads out of the bathroom as she closes the door and locks it. He sits down on his desk and Kilala jumps off the bed and walks toward Arata as she jumps on his desk. He then opens his desk drawer and grabs a brush that he uses for Kilala, he starts to brush Kilala and starts to purr of satisfaction. As he continued to brush her and looked at the window as it was still raining and it looked like it wasn't going to stop. He also used magic to place a soundproof barrier around his room, just in case. Arata was still learning different spells and was slowly progressing on it. He heard the bathroom door open but didn't look back.

Angelica: Uhh Arata.

Arata: Having trouble.

Angelica: Yes actually.

Arata: Was the water not right?

Angelica: No the water is fine, it's just that uhh.... I don't have a change of clothing.

It felt like the world froze for Arata, but to be completely honest it was to be expected. Arata never expected to have guests staying in his room, let alone a girl of all people. Arata sighs as he gets up and tries to avoid looking at the bathroom door, he's already getting along with her father and doesn't need to be executed. He grabs white t-shirt and black sweatpants.

Arata: Kilala.

Just hearing her name she already thought of what he was thinking. She gets off of the table and transforms as Arata puts the clothes on her back and she goes towards the bathroom. Angelica was surprised to see Kilala saber-tooth-like form, she grabs the clothing and closes the bathroom door. That was when Arata got clothes for himself to freshen up as well. He heard the door open again.

Angelica: I'm all done.

Arata mind: That was fast.

He saw her wearing the clothing he gave her and she had her hair down, he was slightly blushing that she kind of looked good in it. He shook his head and snapped out of thought, he grabbed a med kit he kept just in case as Angelica sat on the edge of the bed. Arata looked at her ankle and it didn't look too bad, he grabbed an ice pad and grabbed gauze wrap and wrapped it around her ankle.

Angelica: You're good at this.

Arata: Thanks.

He started to remember that his previous life mom would usually help him clean his wounds when he got bullied, and she taught him just in case she or his dad wasn't home. He finishes wrapping her ankle.

Arata: Is it alright, not too tight or anything?

Angelica: It's fine.

They both heard the rain pouring down even more with strong wind outside. He then noticed Kilala was already asleep on his bed, as Arata also noticed Angelica was slowly starting to doze off as well. He gets up and closes up the med kit.

Arata: Try to get some rest, you had a long day.

Angelica: But where are you going to sleep?

Arata: I'm used to sleeping at my desk, you take the bed.

Angelica started to feel bad that he's once again helped her out. She didn't want to feel comfortable sleeping on his bed while he sleeps at his desk.

Angelica: I-I don't mind. You are next to my bed.

Arata looks at her a bit surprised as he sees her face red, he sighs and closes his eyes.

Arata: You need to feel bed or something, I'll be–

He stopped talking when he opened his eyes, as he noticed that she was holding a harisen in her hand, and he immediately knew where this was heading.

Arata: I assume I don't get to say no in this, don't I?

Angelica: No, no you don't.

Arata mind: -_- Pretty sure people would call this being stubborn or something.

Small Timeskip

It was still raining outside, Arata freshened up and now wore his clothing that he wears to sleep. Kilala was sleeping on the bed with her personal pillow and Arata and Angelica and in bed on different sides. Angelica is nervous that it's the first time sleeping next to someone, let alone a boy. But what kept her from being embarrassed was questions about Arata.

Angelica: Arata, are you still awake?

Arata: Sure am.

Angelica: I know you went to clear a dungeon, but what exactly happened?

Arata might as well tell her since it had to do with her father and he knew she was concerned about what happened.

Arata: The dungeon had an orb that others were trying to get, so he wanted me to get it before anyone else did. It had some undead knights, goblins, and an Ogre.

Angelica's eyes widened that Arata fought an Ogre, and she didn't even need to ask what happened to it, cuz it was obvious to her. He killed it, she knew that Arata is determined to get something done. Even if it's something he's annoyed to do he'll get it done.

Arata: I'll admit he did get a good hit on me, but I'll live. There were also other students in the dungeon I had to deal with but they made it out alive. I got the orb and returned it to your dad, so I gave it to him.

Angelica: But wasn't it rare?

Arata: Maybe, besides I don't like getting the attention. If I wanted to give it to someone to leave it in their hands. It would be your family... Enough about me now, wanna explain what happened when I was gone.

Angelica started to explain what happened with Olivia. The one who started the whole was none other than Stephanie that started it. She got in a lot of trouble for what she did to Leon and Arata, She also told Olivia that she was nothing but Angelica's pet and she used to look down on commoners and make them like trash. Olivia left crying and it led to her and Stephanie fighting.

Arata mind: Should've guessed that it would be here. We still gotta deal with that Wayne girl tomorrow, no doubt that bitch was the one that told that Wayne girl to meet us.

Angelica: Hey, be honest with me Arata.

He snapped out of thought and noticed her voice was shaken a bit, he turned his head slightly and saw that she was on the verge of crying. She never wanted to hurt Olivia and by the time she got to know her, she got close to her and was afraid that she no longer wanted anything to do with her. It's true that she used to think that but now she wants to change for the better.

Angelica: D-Do you think Olivia will hate me now?

He heard her starting to softly cry now, she truly thinks that Olivia dislikes her now, believing that she is nothing but a pet. Arata did something that was truly unexpected as he turned to his side and pulled her into his arms as she gasped and her eyes widened, as her head lay on his chest she could hear his heartbeat.

Arata: I know it seems a bit rough between you two, but the only thing that she's considered is your two rankings. Olivia thinks that she's not capable of being your friend since she's a commoner... But I know if anyone can convince her, it's you.

Angelica started to tear up a bit more, as she slowly held him.

Angelica: Why... You haven't met me for that long and yet you decided to help me out and risk it all. It could've been anyone else, why me?

She had a point, it honestly could've been anyone. But he wouldn't have done it to anyone since he knew everyone at the Academy was not worth it, since most of them were a bunch of greedy nobles.

Arata: You're right. It could've been anyone else. But you and I both know you would've been exiled if you went up against the Prince and the others. But why exactly I decided to help you, well here's the thing. Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. But you wanna something? I met people who were bullied in their lives or they never wanted to encounter anyone. But in the end those people became friends and I wasn't alone. So when I saw you challenged them, many didn't want to get involved and some part of me did the same as well, but I knew deep down I wanted to get involved... Try to over think it with Olivia, don't forget you're alone this time. I'll be there for you when you need help Angie, you can count on it.

Angelica's eyes started to tear up even more to what Arata said, She never met anyone that would go this far for her despite just knowing each other for a short amount of time. She held him tight not wanting to let go as Arata continued to hold her in his arms and gently stroke her hair as she continued to cry.

Angelica: Th-Thank you Arata.

After a few minutes have passed they two of passed out from exhaustion,  

But they didn't let go of each other as Angelica's eyes were red due to her crying for a while. But there was one thing that she knew, she was grateful to meet Arata.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Late at night in the Redgrave castle, A woman is walking in the halls as she approaches a room and opens the door. As she enters the room and notices something glowing, she gasps at the sight of the flower and it was truly beautiful. She got a closer look and was at awe that someone was able to obtain a crystal flower, but little did they know she knew exactly who got it. Her bangs covered her eyes as she smiled.

???: Arata Bartfort. We'll meet sooner than you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 2 8
Quote: "Ok, do you know sign language? If so you can use that." Present Mic one of the most famous heroes had asked the girl. The girl he found by he...
2K 57 17
Had it been worth it? Thrown into another world as the protagonist and hoping to change the fate of the world? Clearly, if there was anything worth m...
493 11 30
Ara Caul is living a double life. On one hand she's a failure orphan living under the care of the extremely wealthy Hunter and his family, on the oth...
27.4K 672 41
Y/n l/n yearns to traverse into the realm of anime, seeking respite from the chains of reality. Yet, as her wish materializes, the characters, enrapt...