seven souls seven sins

By avstroscomet

not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia b... More

characters & aesthetics
house aesthetics
chapter 1: finished history
chapter 2: my life the old life
chapter 3: new changes
chapter 4: tears and tension
chapter 5: broken bones
chapter 6: morning person
chapter 7: breakfast is served
chapter 8: household rules
chapter 9: slow start
chapter 10: reunited again
chapter 11: chit chat
chapter 12: waterfalls and waterworks
chapter 13: life of guilt
chapter 14: little sister
chapter 16: long week
chapter 17: eat up buttercup
chapter 18: better again
chapter 19: icecream parlour
chapter 20: happy hour
chapter 21: spy in disguise
chapter 22: surprises oh surprises
chapter 23: former fun
chapter 24: family feud
chapter 25: unexpected amends
chapter 26: back to school
chapter 27: the new girl
chapter 28: mr. mysterious
playlist
chapter 29: there for you
chapter 30: caught red handed
chapter 31: blood bound
chapter 32: double trouble
chapter 33: time is ticking
chapter 34: sick day
chapter 35: take it easy
chapter 36: deal breaker
chapter 37: passenger princess
chapter 38: no way jose
chapter 39: long gone
chapter 40: not today nat
chapter 41: high five friday
chapter 42: fist to face
chapter 43: outburst starburst

chapter 15: bags in hand

751 11 14
By avstroscomet

Natasha's pov:

This was going to be fun, I think to myself in a sarcastic tone.

The car parks into a dark grey coloured open parking lot. We all open our car doors and walk towards the HUGE mall. We take the elevator up and let's just say that it was a quiet ride. Once we get to the top my biological brothers take big strides over to the left hand side of the mall. Their walk was so fast it was hard to keep up, but I managed.

They surely got their 10k steps a day, that's for sure.

As I catch up with them, they turn into the Ralph Lauren store. Damn. I knew that they were rich but not this rich. I knew that I only had around £3000 so I could possibly afford something here, but I much rather not. I knew that the annual charity mafia ball was in around two months and I needed a dress badly.

I decided to just save my money in that case.

My two youngest brothers start browsing at the men's collection while I just linger around the shop. I haven't really step foot into many luxury stores before. I was more of a thrift shop kinda girl. If you know, you know.

It felt better knowing that I was reusing clothes instead of putting it into the rubbish. It was better for our Earth. It was the least I could do, considering all the corpses that I had previously put into the ground.

I push my thoughts aside.

I wander into the school supplies section and my eyes have been blessed with a sight if the most stunning backpack that I had ever seen. It was black with a gold brand label. It was so simple but yet so elegant all at the same time.

I immediately go to check the price because I am used to not getting attached to things at first sight.

It was €1000.

How can a school bag be this expensive? It was outrageous at this point. My current school bag was around 20 quid. I couldn't deal with all this today anyways. I begin heading back towards the door when I hear someone say something directed to me.

"Did you want that?" Xavier asks me gesturing to the bag in my reach. I turn around to face him. That man sure knows how to sneak up on people, that's for sure.

"Uh nah it's fine. I don't feel like shopping today anyways, sorry." I reply back.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Xander walking towards Xavier with two full bags of Ralph Lauren clothes in it. He looks me up and down and directs his gaze back to Xavier.

"Do you not feel like shopping, or can you not afford to shop?" Xander remarks. Xavier immediately senses my discomfort around Xander's presence and defends me instantly.

"Xander we both know that she couldn't use her own money even if she wanted to." Xavier reminds him harshly.

"What do you mean I'm not going to use my own money?" I ask.

"Vincent must've forgot to tell you, we are helping you with back to school shopping and you need some new clothes. He even issued you a brand new credit card. Feel free to spend however much you want on it. It's his treat." Xavier informs me.

"No it's okay really, I don't need anything new and I have enough clothes." I say back to them honestly.

It was true I didn't need anything that I didn't already have. Xander on the other hand was just watching me with his hands full of brand new, expensive, luxury clothing.

Xavier then adds on "It wasn't an option. If you are certain about your school supplies then I'll drop it, but we are going to buy you new clothes. We don't want you wearing anything inappropriate and unsanitary, is that clear?"

"Uh.. crystal." I reply back awkwardly. Who was he to tell me if something was inappropriate or unsanitary?

We begin walking out of the store and as we walk, Xavier asks me "What store do you want to go to Nat?"

But before I could answer, Xander interrupts me and remarks "Probably a slut shop, for a cunty whore."

I roll my eyes and I continue walking until I find a Berksha. I pick out a few shirts, tops, cropped tops, shorts and leggings. I walk to the till and the cashier starts to scan the items. She tells me that my total is 2736.36 Brazilian real which is £450.

These clothes would probably last me a few years at least. I never really indulged into the realm of fast fashion so with a handful of good staples like these, I should be grand for a while.

I start to open my wallet and shuffle through my wads off cash until I find the perfect amount I reach my hand out to give it to her when all of a sudden I hear a card authorisation on the debit card reader.

Xavier had just payed for me.

I look at him weirdly and he had the biggest smile on his face.

"Why did you do that for Xavier?" I question him.

"Why wouldn't I? Did you really think that I would let you use your own cash for something like clothes? And besides it's your card anyways." Xavier replies back.

I give him a thoughtful and grateful smile and I didn't know what came over me but I decided to hug him. It was as if a sensation of relief fell all over me in that moment. A sense of fulfilment in a hole that very much needed to be filled.

It felt good hugging my biological brother. It felt great actually.

His hands rub against my back as he hugs me back. He is around 6ft tall so the height difference between him and me is MASSIVE. He is like a big cuddly giant. I liked the feeling that we shared.

I enjoyed being embraced by him. It made me feel free some how.

"Thank you." I murmur out.

I can sense the grin on his face widening drastically. He tightened his grasp on me. I tilt my head to the side while I hug him and I could see Xander glaring at us.

More like staring actually.

Our eyes interlock with one another. All I could find was sadness? SADNESS? Why would Xander be sad? He hates me anyways. Or maybe he's jealous? Why would he be jealous of me and Xavier? Why would he feel that?

I mean it's only a hug.

I feel so weirded out by Xander's stares so I eventually break the embrace with Xavier. I then take my big bag from the register and we all walk out of the shop. This time Xavier is leading and Xander is beside him. As we walk I take out my phone and check my messages from Flynn while mindlessly following my youngest biological brothers.

Flynn: Morning Tash! hope u had a good sleep:)

Nat: I did, ty for asking.

Flynn: I just wanted to let you know that I will be busy setting up the moving arrangements to Brazil but we can hangout on Saturday.

Nat: That's no worries! You and Seb are already working your asses off anyways. I already can't wait. ;)

Flynn: That's good princess. LMK if you need company from your biological brothers mk?

Nat: Of cou-

I was about to finish typing my answer when all of a sudden Xavier asks "Who are you texting Tash?"

My eyes divert from my phone' glowing screen and to Xander and Xavier's clueless expressions.

"I'm just texting Flynn, and don't call me that again." I reply back to him.

"He can call you however he wants, you hoe." Xander spits out whilst walking.

What was his deal? This was meant to be a conversation solely between Xavier and I, not Xander.

"Whatever.." I mumble back.

"If it truly makes you uncomfortable, I won't call you Tash ever again." Xavier whispers into my ear to assure me.

"It does, and thank you Xavy." I reply back to him with a grin on my face. This in turn makes Xavier smile too.

We turn the corner and come up to a shop sign that reads " The Rio Uniform Store"

Darn it, these strangers were rich rich and they were turning me into a rich rich person too.

I then remember that the boys didn't attend school today, why didn't they? In the UK you attended school on Thursdays, it was the same for the rest of the world too I thought.

"Why aren't you lads in school today?" I ask them once we reach the main front entrance.

"In Brazil, we get our Thursdays off." Xavier answers my question as we walk into the building.

"Ohh, that's cool I guess." I reply back assuring them of my understanding of their response.

I take a moment to admire the shop's merchandise. It was school themed I think? Oh boy, it was a school uniform shop. I hated rich rich people. Why did we all need to dress the same in order to attend school? So unoriginal.

What were these people thinking..

Xavier then queries "Have you worn a school uniform before?"

"No, in my old school we were able to wear our own clothes." I respond back.

My eyes then shift towards my right and I see a lady-like mannequin. It had a plaid red, blue and white skirt with a matching neck-bow, it had a blue and white blazer with pockets and with shiny, gold buttons and a collard blouse.

To the mannequin on my left I saw the same blazer and collard shirt but instead it had a stripy blue, white and red tie and a pair of navy trousers.

On the corner, there was a crest with the name 'BlueCrest High' on it. This must be my new school I thought to myself.

"This is our school uniform,  you will be attending the school as a sophomore whilst me and Xander are Juniors." Xavier informs me. I'm pretty sure that the Brazilian education system was similar to the American high school system from my research.

"So you wont be in the same year as me?" I ask back.

"Fortunately not." Xander interrupts.

Xavier begins "Ignore hi-"

Xander buts in mid sentence "Don't you dare ignore me." Xander says while looking into my eyes. His bright blue eyes had caught me off-guard. They were mildly intimidating somehow.

"Lets just get in and out of here." I murmur whilst looking down to the floor.

"She's right, let's not bicker and actually finish the task we were meant to complete." Xavier states back.

"Whatever.." Xander mumbles to Xavier's statement.

I follow Xavier and Xander towards the female section of the shop. Xavier then looks me up and down before selecting a skirt, blouse and blazer to try on. I think he was trying to guess my size.

He hands me the clothes from the rack that he had picked out and I walk into the changing rooms.

I change out of my hoodie and shorts, and change into my new school uniform. The skirt looked a bit long but I mentally reminded myself that I could always roll it up. I set myself yet another self reminder to roll it up before school.

I didn't want to look like a nun especially not in my new school. I didn't really care how people thought of me but I knew that even if I did have bullies that they would just make my life harder than it already is, and I desperately didn't want that.

It wasn't the 1900's.

I open the changing room's curtain and Xavier and Xander's eyes gaze upon my presence. "What do you think?" I ask them. I didn't know what else to say to snap them out of their daze.

"It fits you perfectly." Xavier mentions to me.

I smile at Xavier whilst Xander just stares at me again. I swear to god that he's a creep. He just stared at me whilst not even muttering a word. Like who the fuck does that?

"Let's get you all checked out." Xavier says again.

I take this as my queue to go change back into my regular clothes and hand Xavier my new school uniform. It truly did feel odd having to wear a certain style of clothes everyday but I guess it relives the stress of having to pick something out everyday. I mean I didn't really care but it means that my clothes won't get as dirty as they were before.

A win is a win in my books.

We walk towards the cashier and the cash register. The sales assistant begins to scan my new uniform and tells Xavier the price. Xavier then happily takes out my new,, shiny credit card and I hear a ping beep through the cashier's card machine.

The transaction went through.

Now everything was getting a little too real for me. I was starting a new school in around 4 days. I knew that Seb and Flynn were going to attend the same school but it wouldn't be the same.

In our last school we were mainly feared by the other pupils, but here I don't know what the others will think of us, of me? I don't know how they will treat us or respect us. I don't even know that much about the people of Brazil.

Everything is too new for me but I had to make something out of it. I had to accept the fact that there was no going back. That there was no going back to my old life. I had to remind myself that I had to come to terms with my new life and that I should make the best out of my shitty situation.

Even though it was pretty damn bad. We walk out of the shops with Xavier carrying my bags and Xander carrying his own.

Xavier turns in his car with the use of his keys and I sit in the back seat. Xander and Xavier go to the car booth first to unload their shopping bags and then hop into the front seats after. Xavier plugs the car keys into the designated slot and by the time I knew it, we were already on the road.

But this time the car ride wasn't as peaceful as before. We even had a conversation mid ride.

"Soo.. Nat, we never really had a conversation before." Xavier began.

Xander then mumbles "Ohh not this shit." and he lets out a small groan in protest at the end.

"Shut the fuck out before I make you." Xavier bites back at him.

There was an obvious tension circulating within the air.

"Ignore him Nat. Soo, speaking about school.. do you like it?" Xavier asks me with a cheery voice.

I could tell that he was trying desperately to initiate conversation between him and I was more than happy to comply with him, especially after all he had done for me. He was by far the nicest biological brother I had out of all of them, Adrien coming in as a close 2nd.

"Uh yeah it's alright I guess, I'm good at school and I get good grades but I don't really have the time to work on my studies because of my job." I mention back to him.

"You have a job?" Xavier asks back hastily not wasting a second.

Uh oh. OH SHIT. I completely forgot that I mentioned my business to him. I had to find a cover up now, quick and fast. He couldn't possibly know about it, I would be done for..

Author's pov:

AHH! tysm for 70+ readers! The more readers that I see the more motivation it gives me to complete the chapters, and trust me that is indeed important!

I have a month break at the end of November so expect A LOT of chapters then.

How did you guys like the brother and sister bonding between Xavier and Nat? Could she really open up to him? Was he trust worthy? Was Xander jealous of Xavier and Nat's relationship?

Word count: 2700

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 60.2K 47
Riley's two older brothers do everything they can to protect her from their violent step-father. But what happens when they realise she wasn't as pro...
210K 4K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...
507K 13.3K 45
Morana, a thirteen year old assassin, a legend. She was born in France and raised by the French mafia. She gets sent to kill a Cortello brother, she...
1.3M 36.1K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...