•To The Simpler Times ~Vi x F...

By damagedanvil

--- *COMPLETED* ☆26110 words☆ --- I would like to go... Back to the old house... --- IN WHICH Everything has... More

•i n f o r m a t i o n•
•c a s t•
•p l a y l i s t•
•0•
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•

•14•

83 2 0
By damagedanvil

Brandy's POV~

I wake up slowly to the sound of Vi and Caitlyn arguing. I open my eyes to see nothing, a bag had been placed on my head and the room is too dark to see through the fabric. I feel my hands secured behind my back, tied up. I groan and them going back and forth, not paying attention to what they are saying.

Some one opens the door and takes Vi out. She struggles and shouts and I feel someone take me to follow them, I'm too tired to argue.

We're sat down in a new room and our bags are removed from our heads. The guard nudges someone sat in the shadows before leaving the room.

"You shy? Or just ugly?" Vi blurts out to the figure.

They stand and remove their mask and hood, showing the face I've been wanting to see for years. He had grown since I had last seen him, but that's what seven years will do to you.

"You look good for a couple dead girls."

"Ekko?"

He rolls his eyes and opens a container showing the glowing blue crystal Powder had. "What do you know about this?"

"Nothing. What the hell is this all about?" I ask my brother.

"What were you doing with Jinx?"

"Her name is Powder. And we just found her when you and your goons showed up."

"It's us, Ekko. Brandy and Vi. Your sister and your friend. I'm the same person who used to dress you when you were too young to, race you to the arcade and see who could find the quicker route. Same sister who used to hold you as you sobbed about the nightmares you had about enforcers."

"And I'm the same person who used to take you down to the junk heap and hose you down when you got covered in grease."

"That was a long time ago. People change."

"Yeah. We've got that message."

"Are you working for Silco?"

"Fuck. You."

"Seriously, Little Man. We get out of prison not even days ago and you think we'd go straight to the guy who got us there in the first place? Yeah dude, fuck you."

"I thought you were dead. Both of you! Now you show up with a Piltie and give her a tour of the lanes?"

"You were following us?"

"Why didn't you say something?"

"I didn't know if I could trust you."

"So you just come out swinging?"

"Gee, I wonder which one of you I learned that from?"

"Ah, well, you shoulda learned more you still punch like a little boy."

"And you still block with your face!"

"I remember when you wouldn't stand up to me."

Me and Vi sigh and glance at each other before we let our cuffs clang to the floor and engulf my brother into a hug.

"I missed you, Little Man."

"How long have you had those off?"

"How long have you been whining?"

We leave the room and are taken out to a balcony over looking a gorgeous view. A large tree grows in the center of the square and children have the freedom to run and play peacefully. The sun beams down through the leaves creating a wonderful pattern.

"Is this a real tree?"

"Pretty cool, huh? When I first saw it, I knew this was the place. If a single seed could make it down here, so could we."

"You built all this?"

"Not alone. After Vander... died, Silco flooded the lanes with shimmer. He didn't care what it did to people. Everyone here was an addict or a victim. They needed somewhere safe to start again."

"I should've been there. For you. For everyone."

"So should I."

"That's a good way to drive yourselves crazy. If I just went with you that day, maybe none of this would've happened."

"Or maybe you'd be dead. Or changed."

"Powder's gone, Vi. All that's left is Jinx and she belongs to Silco."

"You're wrong. She's still in there. I can reach her."

"You can't."

"I know my sister."

I dont know who to side with. My brother who I'm starting to think is right. Or my girlfriend who I've been with and actually seen these past seven years. I love both very dearly. I sigh and roll my eyes slightly.

"I got one more thing to show you."

Ekko walks away from the two of us and we follow him down, holding hands.

He shows us a large mural of some familiar and unfamiliar faces. Vander, Benzo, Mylo, Claggor, Powder and even the both of us, me and Vi. But also some other people who they must have lost after the formation of the Firelights.

"This is everyone we've lost. The price of our freedom. Some of it was enforcers, most of it was Silco. Your sister works with him not because she has to, but because she wants to. I'm sorry but that's who she is now."

Vi sighs and continues to look at the mural. I wrap my arm around her waist and she leans her head against my shoulder.

"Sister, you've got game?"

"I've had game for the past five years Ekko."

"And how was I supposed to know that?"

"Fair point. However, I see you have no bitches."

"Fuck your mum."

We laugh together at our banter and we head back inside. We follow Ekko through the corridors until he opens a door revealing a still tied up Caitlyn.

A young boy walks over to her and removes her cuffs and her bag. He sits down infront of her and offers a bowl of something. She knocks the bowl harshly away to Ekko's feet.

"What have you done with Vi and Brandy?" Ekko nods at the boy as Caitlyn asks questions, telling the boy to leave. "Listen, let them go. I brought them here. It's me you want."

We walk into the door way hand in hand. "Our hero."

She looks at us confused. "But I thought you... I thought they were hurting you!"

"They tell me I can trust you. You get a pass back Topside, that's it. Let's go."

We let Ekko and Caitlyn get up and we leave the room. Walking back through the corridors and out to the square.

Caitlyn scans her surroundings. "It's beautiful."

"If your people had you way, it'd be rubble and ash." Ekko comments, I give him a small smack to the arm, telling him to reign it in.

"It's a misunderstanding. They think k you work for Silco."

"Your people hunt us. Like animals. Silco pays them to do it."

"That's not possible. Your wrong."

"Never heard if corruption. There's plenty if it all around. You're bound to find it Topside." I pitch in.

"Both of you. She believes what she's saying, ok? She is not you enemy."

I sigh and look to my girlfriend who nods. I sigh heavily and apologise.

"Oh, yeah? Then what's this?"

"You got it. You have to let me take it back."

"What is it." Me and Vi ask now. At this point it feels like we are being ignored and avoided when it comes to this question.

"It's a gemstone."

"Well, I can see that." I comment sarcastically in the hopes she'll be more specific.

"It was stolen during the attack. By your sister."

"You just forgot to mention that?"

"With this, someone with the right knowledge coukd build... any Hextech device. If enforcers are becoming more... aggressive, that's why."

"This feels like crucial information you just haven't told us."

"We coukd beat Silco with this."

"That won't solve things."

"That's easy for you to say. Your people aren't dying all around you."

"Ekko, its wrong what been done to you all. You'd be well within your rights to keep it. I couldn't blame you. But if you do, the cycle of violence will never stop. This is our best shot at setting the record straight. This city needs healing. More than I ever realised. Please, let me help you." Caitlyn reasons with my brother.

I squeeze Violet's hand which is still in mine and I smile sweetly at her.

"You got a plan?"

"I have a friend on the council.  Let me take the Gemstone to him. He'll listen to me. Your people won't have to hide anymore."

"One condition. I'm the one who gives it to them."

I smile at my brothers decision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 707 27
You were born and raised in the Undercity of Zaun. You and your brother Ekko did everything you could to survive in this cut-throat place. You manage...
30K 852 20
Two houses divided. Two worlds with different perspectives. They hardly interact with each other but one day they will. But it starts out with someth...
5.9K 220 9
What if Vander had 5 kids, and Mylo had a sister. Meet Maya Mylos younger sister, the one who followed him. Who...
25.8K 1K 13
ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀ [ COVER MADE BY @preallens ] ❝ Promise me, Violet. ❞ ❝ It's Vi to you, you never call me Violet. ❞ ❝ Listen, please just promise me that you'l...