WHITE ROSE: Coriolanus Snow

By mlxncc

Marietta Plinth, older sister of Sejanus Plinth finds out that Coriolanus Snow who she mistook to be her brot... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 3

3.9K 54 13
By mlxncc

The next morning school went fast. Any class that had gym didn't go because of the dance that was happening later on. It started at 7 and ended at 10. Teressa had gotten a blue mini dress and was going with her boyfriend, Aiden. They were matching blue.

(T): I heard you're going with Coryo. Is that true?
(M): First off, don't call him that. Second off it's not even like a date. He'd just say he'd go with me. But he never officially asked me to go. It's just a friendly thing.
(T): Yeah sure. Marietta how can't you see? You were the only one he asked. He wanted you to go so bad that he said he'd go with you. That's your date.
(M): Whatever.

Marietta rolled her eyes and Teressa kept on filling her ears with unwanted gossip.

***

Later on Marietta had to get ready. She had to wash and re-curl her hair. It ended up how she wanted.

She gotten into her dress and applied red lipstick. She had gotten a black blazer to go with her dress. She put her heels on and sprayed perfume. She was ready.

The doorbell rang.

(M): Marietta it's for you!

Marietta rolled her eyes. She knew her mother called the Snow family and asked if Coriolanus was coming to pick her up. She walked out and there he was. His hair re-curled and he was wearing an all white tux. He had a red rose pinned to his suit to match with her dress. Her mother obviously talked to him.

Coriolanus saw her and smiled. He took her hand and kissed it.

(C): You look amazing.
(M): You look nice yourself.

He gave her his arm.

(C): Shall we?
(M): We shall.

She smiled at her mother.

(M): Have fun you two!
(M): We will Ma.

They walked out of their house and her smile quickly faded. Their driver pulled up and Coriolanus opened the door for her. She smiled and got in the car. He did the same and closed the door. The ride was quiet as a start. They didn't know what to say to each other.

(M): So I suppose my mother talked to you last night?
(C): Indeed she did. She said you were "Very excited about me taking you to the dance" and about how I was "all you could ever talk about."

He chuckled.

(M): I only mentioned your name once and now your all I could ever talk about? Crazy.
(C): But be honest, you had to be happy to come with me. You were denying everyone until I said I'd go with you.
(M): Not true. I only finally went because that was the thousandth time someone told me I should go and I was tired. And what's bad about a little company.
(C): Yes, well I just want to thank you.
(M): For what?
(C): Your the only one who believes that I wasn't the reason Sejanus was hanged. He committed treason. He put that on himself.
(M): Yes I know. Sejanus was always softer than most. That was his weakness.
(C): I'm just glad we're alright. You're the only real friend I have now.
(M): You the same. My mother was talking about us. What we were before.
(C): Yes she mentioned that on the phone too. I sometimes miss it. Miss us sometimes.
(M): Coryo we can't-
(C): I know, I know we can't do it again. I'm sorry for what I put you through. I just miss it sometimes. How we would hang out at your house everyday. You're the only person who ever really understood me. I won't forget what you've done for me Mari.

Marietta smiled and chuckled at the memory.

(M): Remember the cookies my mother set out of for us to bake when my parents were gone that one time. And we made them from scratch and you-
(C): Put all the ingredients in the blender but didn't fully close it all the way and everything got everywhere so we spent most of the time cleaning up. Yes I remember.

They laugh and Coriolanus smiled at her.

(C): There's that smile.
(M): I haven't smiled or laughed like this in a while. Thank you Coryo.
(C): Glad I could bring it back.

***

When they walk in the building all eyes are on them. Marietta lifts her head up high and so does Coriolanus. The students speak about them. You could hear "I didn't know Coriolanus and Marietta were dating." And "They honestly look cute together." And "Coryo looks better with me."

Marietta laughed. They weren't even together yet she found it amusing.

They walked into the loud gym. Teressa ran up to them.

(T): You two are so cute! Amazing power couple.
(M): Calm yourself.
(C): We're taking things slow.

Marietta looked at Coriolanus with a confused expression and he smiled at her.

(C): Just don't spread the word so fast.

He winked at her and Marietta pulled him towards the juice bar.

(M): Why would you tell her that we're "taking things slow"? What did I just say the ride here?
(C): I know but don't you hear? Once we walked in this building we were all the students talked about. I remember you telling me how you wanted students to like you more. Your only friend is Teressa and me! People love me. And now they'll love you too.
(M): I didn't need your help. And I don't care if people like me or not. It doesn't bother me.
(C): Well you've got it anyway. So try and act the part.
(M): I'm not gonna kiss you.
(C): We didn't say all that. Just show little affection.

A Waltz of the Flowers by Tchaikovsky came on.

(C): Care for a dance?

Coriolanus held out his hand towards her. She sighed as she took his hand. They walked to the middle of the dance floor. People turnt their heads and stared but they just smiled. He put his hand on her lower back and she put his hand on her shoulder. People made space for them as they glided across the dance floor. He lifted her up and twirled her in the air. She landed perfectly on her toes as the song ended. Most of the students clapped and they laughed with each other.

A girl walked up in front of Coriolanus. Bridgette Thrust. Bridgette was inlove with Coriolanus and was one of the main people that hated Marietta. She thought of Marietta snobby because her parents are rich. Marietta never really didn't anything to Bridgette she was just stuck up. And the fact she was now "dating" Coryo infuriated her.

She laughed at Marietta.

(B): Your dress is hideous. Coryo probably only got with you because he was bored.
(M): I'm sorry enlighten me here. Who is his girlfriend and who is the stuck up bitch that doesn't have enough brain cells to realize that Coriolanus doesn't like her?

Everyone gasped and Coriolanus chuckled. Bridgette scoffed.

(B): Fuck you! I don't believe it! He wouldn't date a low life like you!

Marietta faced Coriolanus and grabbed the back of his head while she kissed him slowly. He didn't hesitate to kiss her back. His hands found her waist and wrapped his arms around her. He started to kiss her neck slowly and Marietta looked at Bridgette and grinned.

She scoffed and stormed off. Marietta dug into her pocket and gently lifted out her pet butterfly. It flew from her hand and chased Bridgette. She screamed and ran around like a fool. She was afraid of butterflies ever sense the Heliconus cydo bit her. Coriolanus looked at her in shock.

(M): It's harmless.
(C): You had it in your pocket the whole time?
(M): Yup. Cmon let's sit.

They went to sit down on a near by table to catch their breath.

(M): That was fun.
(C): Indeed it was. Reminds me of old times.
(M): Coryo that's the millionth time you've mentioned our past. What do you need?
(C): I don't need anything Mari I just want us to be fine.
(M): We're great. Why would you think we aren't?
(C): It's just I don't believe you trust me.
(M): I trust you.
(C): Tell me, did that kiss mean anything to you?

Marietta shrugged.

(M): No not really. I already told you we can't get together again. I was just trying to make Bridgette jealous.

Coriolanus nodded.

(M): Did it mean something to you?
(C): No.
(M): Alright then.

He looked like something was on his mind.

(M): What is it Coryo?
(C): Nothing I'm just thinking.
(M): About what?
(C): Well if you trust me so much would you stand up for me? Against all the people that say I'm the reason for Sejanus's death? Would you really?

Marietta had to think about that. She didn't want to be on bad terms with Coriolanus but there was just something begging her to believe that he was the reason. That he was the snitch. The betrayer of his brother.

Coriolanus sighed.

(C): I knew it. You don't trust me.
(M): Coryo-

He got up to talk with everyone else leaving Marietta alone. Teressa's boyfriend Aiden, took his seat.

(A): You know he's the reason right. Your dating your brothers murderer.
(M): Coriolanus didn't kill Sejanus. He has nothing to do with it.
(A): Oh really? My aunt works as a Capitol scientist. She talks with Dr. Gaul and Dean Highbottom sometimes. She overheard their conversation about Sejanus's hanging. Coriolanus pressed the button on the jabberjay to collect everything Sejanus was saying knowing it would go to Gaul. He was the only one there Marietta. He pressed the button. He is the reason your brother is killed.
(M): Sejanus had it coming. He was gonna die sooner or later.
(A): Hey, I'm just saying. Watch who you dance with.
(M): How do I know I can trust what you say?
(A): You just have to trust me. I promise I'm not lying. Watch your back Marietta.

He walked back over to Teressa. Marietta sighed. That just ruined her night. All she wanted to do now was go home. She wished this never happened. She wished Sejanus never snuck into the arena and was never assigned as a peacekeeper. If he was never assigned peacekeeper he wouldn't be dead. She would still have her brother. Her loving, caring, brother. The one who always knew how to cheer her up when she was sad. And always felt comfortable around. But now he is dead because of Coriolanus. Coriolanus killed Sejanus. And she's at the dance with him. And she just kissed him. Great.

She finds Coriolanus in the hallway looking at a painting on the wall. Her heels clacking on the floor as she walked towards him.

(M): If it makes you feel any better I just stood up for you against Aiden.

Coryo chuckled.

(C): I suppose that does make things better.
(M): I'm just gonna ask one more time Coriolanus. You promise you're telling me the truth? I told you already Coryo if I find out you were lying to me I will tell my parents. And you'd be breaking two promises. So do you promise me?
(C): Yes Marietta I promise. Now can we drop the conversation?
(M): Fine.

She walked back in the gym. She looked around Teressa smiled at her and Aiden gave her a look that said you know I'm right. And he was.

She had to plan against him. All he would do was lie if she kept asking. She had to figure out how. But she also wanted him to know that she wasn't to be messed with. When he came back in she walked over and smiled at her.

(M): It's a little loud in here. Let's go somewhere quieter.
(C): Alright.

He gave her his arm and they slipped out the door. They made their way down to the training center.

(M): Show me something tough guy. I saw you punching that bag the last time we came down here. I could beat you easily though.
(C): Sense you think you're so tough let's go right now.
(M): I accept the challenge. But I don't have any clothes.
(C): Well you have clothes on right now don't you? We don't need to change.
(M): Alright then.

She took off her blazer and tossed it to the side then stepped in the ring. She balled her hands into fists and rose them up where he could see them.

(M): Don't go easy on me either.
(C): I wasn't planning to.

He charged at her and she ducked out of his way. He sent a jab to her stomach causing her to fall forward but she found her balance and sent a right jab to his cheek. He grabbed her arm and swung her forward wanting to throw her on the ground but she curved her foot around his ankle causing them to both go down. Once they collided with the floor she rolled him over so she was sitting on his stomach. She pinned his shoulders down.

(M): Gotcha.

He grabbed her waist and flung her off him. He stood up waiting for her to too. She stood up and charged at him but he flew past her. He punched her in the ribs causing hers to start to burn. He punched her in the nose. His fist didn't come in contact as much as it was supposed to because at the same time she ducked it. It managed to bleed though. It dripped down to her lips and she licked it off and smirked. She ducked behind him and kicked his knee in so he fell onto his knees. She kneed him in the chest causing him to groan.

(M): That was for lying.

She round house kicked him in the head causing his head to collide with the floor.

(M): And that was for my brother.

She let him lay there unconscious as she put her blazer back on and walked back up the stairs going to the bathroom to clean up her nose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.6K 30
She hated him. She wanted to smash his chiseled face into bits. The problem was that, more than that, she wanted to kiss him. Between the two optio...
152K 3.7K 24
๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐๐ž ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ Coriolanus Snow is...
77.2K 766 5
"๊œฑสœแดแดก แดแด‡ สแดแดœส€ ส™ส€แดแด‹แด‡ษด สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› แด€ษดแด… แด€สŸสŸ สแดแดœส€ ๊œฑแด„แด€ส€๊œฑ... ส™แด€ส™ส ษช'สŸสŸ แด›แด€แด‹แด‡ สแดแดœ แด€๊œฑ สแดแดœ แด€ส€แด‡." In which you are the tribute he mentored and fell in love with... (...
46.4K 1.8K 29
โค๏ธ