Nightmare | Zhuiling/ LS x JL...

By -SHIZUNLOVEME

"Nightmare" is a Mo Dao Zu Shi Zhuiling story. For those who are new, or just need a refresher, Mo Dao Zu Shi... More

Nightmare

Nightmare (New Version 2023)

211 5 0
By -SHIZUNLOVEME

NIGHTMARE

Misty smoke flows from an incense burner the shape of a lotus, filling the Fragrant Palace with a pleasant scent. A dense cloud of fog hangs above the silk draped bed; Intoxicating the two slumbering atop it. Jin Ling and Lan Sizhui sleep soundlessly in the Fragrant Palace.

Slowly, the swirls of smoke pry into the heads of both cultivators. Secretly poisoning them, controlling them from the inside. A thin coat of sweat beads on Jin Lings forehead, a frown stretches across his pale face. In the depths of his mind, his dream (ever so pleasant), is full of white furballs hopping around and his beloved Sizhui giving warm smiles like candy on halloween.

"Jin Baobei?"

Hyper focused on keeping Han GuagJuns rabbits from tearing themselves apart for his affection, Jin Ling hums in question. A tuff of brown fur sticks out of Jin Lings robes, Whats the matter, Sizhui? the soft fur and twitch of nose tickles his arms. He chuckles, carefully removing the rabbit out of his garments.

I I dont feel so good- Jin Ling immediately draws his focus to Shizhui, A-ling - A-LING, IT HURTS!! IT- HURTS! Limb by limb Shizhui falls apart, bloody on the ground. The lingering of pain on his face. Jin Ling feels sick, turning pale with each second he stares. Sizhuis flesh and blood seeps into the ground, wetting the soil like rain. Even the rabbits are stained red with his blood.

Jin Ling, Baobei. I- I cant see you anymore! Where are you? His sunken skull is pierced by Jin Lings sword, Suihua, pinning him in place, WHERE ARE YOU?!

Lan Gege! Is what Jin Ling wanted to shout out. He wanted to yell out to his lover, let Sizhui know hes here, hes here. But everytime he tries to speak, he cant, eyes glued on to the sword. So distraught, Jin Ling doesnt feel his knees crash onto the ground, he doesnt hear the way they creak and pop.

As he gradually drifts out of his state of shock, his chest pounds with fury. Jin Ling trudges toward Sizhui, taking grasp of Suihua, feeling the warm metal underneath his fingertips. He ignores the burning of blood dripping from his nose, the stinging of tears in his eyes, the aching of his knees. Sizhui, Jin Ling breaks down, small sobs coming out of his mouth, I didnt mean to- its his sword, he mustve done this, I swear, love, I didnt do this!

he couldnt have killed Sizhui, right?

Jin Ling doesnt even feel as Suihuas sturdy blade shatters between his palms. The deep cuts barely feel like anything.

"Lan Gege!"

Ear-splitting screeches drown out his screams. The rabbits are levitated into the air, one-by-one. Their small bodies hanging in the air. They all swing themselves around in panic, wriggling until they begin to turn; Like someone ringing out a wet rag. Bones cracked, organs exploded, bodies smushed. Those were the last images Jin Ling saw before he blanked.

Clutching the tattered robes of his lover, fruitlessly, Jin Ling sobs into whats remaining of Sizhuis chest. He cant hear his gentle heart beat anymore. The cavity beneath his ribcage is void of sound. Jin Ling lifts his head to look at the lifeless face of his lover. Even in death, the pain still shows. Jin Ling lets go of Shizhuis robes and cradles his face. Ive got you, dont worry, he gently swipes the pad of his thumb over Sizhuis eyebrows, dipping down to his eyelids, closing them, I know youll wake up, He presses a light kiss to Sizhuis blood-covered lips, you have to wake up please.

He feels light-headed, the rush of emotions pouring out of him. Jin Ling clings onto Sizui, needing to feel him, whats left of him. He sat on the grass cuddling his lover's remains. Crying like there was no tomorrow. Because there wasn't. Jin Ling felt his will to live slip from his hands. Not even Lanling could make him rethink living. Sizhui accepted him for who he was. He found beauty in all his flaws.

Sizhui loved Jin Ling and Jin Ling loved Sizhui.

There had to be a way to fix this - to help Sizhui. He needed to fix this. Sizhui needed to be alive so they could live together in that small mountain cottage, just as he wanted. Jin Ling would gladly endure the swarms of bugs for Sizhui. He wouldnt call that idea stupid anymore! He wouldnt - he really wouldnt! Sizhui, Im sorry- Im so sorry. I didnt mean to! The closer he stares into his face, Jin Ling swears he becomes more alive. An eye twitch, a phantom breath ghosting over his knuckles, Dont worry, Ill summon the most talented doctor in Lanling - maybe even one from Gusu! Theyll heal you!

We could even raise some of Han GuanJuns rabbits, like you wanted! tears fell from Jin Ling's eyes, warm and wet, Once you get better - we could even plant a whole garden of radishes if you'd like! All the things you wanted to do when we grew older, I'll do! I won't make fun of your ideas anymore, Just, please Please wake up! Word-by-word Jin Ling let out all the thoughts he should have had a long time ago. The only difference, Sizhui is dead. His pleas are futile, arent they?

Warm. He feels warm. Jin Ling nuzzles his face against something soft. He breathes in deep, inhaling the familiar scent of vanilla and sandalwood, not blood. Why doesnt it smell like blood? Jin Ling pulls his head away from Sizhuis bare chest, looking him straight in the eye. He flinches, shifting away from the other boy. Sizhui is alive Didnt Jin Ling do that? Hey, A-Ling, Jin Ling clutches his hair and buries his face into the pillow. Is that really Sizhui? Is Jin Ling dreaming? Please dont be a dream-

BaoBao, Sizhui reaches out to Jin Ling, slowly, You had a bad dream again, didnt you? Sizhui softly nudges Jin Lings pinky with his own. He smiles sadly.

Are you real? Sizhui looks at him confused, I thought you died- no. You did die! Jin Ling pulls his hand away, holding it close to his heart, Is this real? Please- Tell me, is this real?

Just what did Jin Ling dream about? Hey, look at me, It mustve been an awful one, This is real, I am real - BaoBao, youve just had a nightmare. Sizhui opens his arms as an invitation, You may test my words, but I can assure you, this cultivator is your Sizhui.

Jin Lings eyes widen as he stares at Sizhuis open arms, too tempting to resist. He crawls farther up the bed into Sizhuis embrace. He feels the love in every squeeze. This is real. He feels how he caresses his spine. He feels each breath Sizhui breathes. What would I ever do without you, Sizhui? Jin Ling tightens his grip around Sizhuis waist, kneading the muscles of his back, clinging to him, I really I really cant live without you, you know? He inhales Sizhuis scent, Ill do whatever you want me to, just please dont do that to me. I- I cant take it.

"Don't worry, I'll never hurt you, A-Ling. I'd be just as miserable without you; As you without me." Sizhui embraces Jin Ling, drowning in Jin Ling's citrusy scent. He could never leave Jin Ling, never.

Jin Ling lowers his voice to a whisper, "I love you, A-Yuan." He hides his burning face in Sizhuis chest.

I love you too, A-Ling, Sizhui smiles fondly, eyes full of feeling, More than you could ever imagine.

The two of them neglected their duties for the day, choosing instead to lounge in bed. Despite finding comfort in each others arms, the consequences that followed that next day - did not waver. Inevitably, both of them got scolded heavily. The elders of the Lanling Jin Sect yelled at their sect leader. Han Huangjun gave Sizhui a heavy punishment. He was prohibited from visiting Lanling for a week.

Jin Ling scrambled to find a piece of parchment in The Blooming Garden. Scribbling hastily on whatever sheet he could find.

To my love,

Sizhui,

You Idiot- If youd just left yesterday, you wouldnt be stuck in Gusu! Whyd you insist on staying when you knew this would happen - now look whats happened Dumbass! You are forbidden to stay in my chamber for a - week! You know what? You might as well stay in Gusu for a full year- Yeah, you go and do that. Dont you even think about returning. I am very unhappy with you right now and will be expecting a substantial offering as an apology. (You know what Im referring to) ;)

Your truly, only,

Jin Ling

When he opened the letter, Sizhui read every word with a smile on his face. He would indeed give Jin Ling an apology worth remembering. But he did not regret staying with him. Hell never regret spending time with Jin Ling. Sizhui read over the letter multiple times before he folded it back up and set the letter in a drawer with a pile of others plated in gold with the crest of the Lanling Jin Sect.

Someone pounded on his door, SIZHUI- ITS LESSON TIME, he banged on the door a few more times, WAKE UP- COME ON!

Sizhui walked over to his door and opened it, "Yelling is forbidden in the cloud recesses, please lower your voice, Jingyi."

Jingyi grinned, "Yeah, sure, sure. Anyways, let's go!"

They both walked off to the classrooms to start the daily readings.

--end

[Hey, I'm not back on Wattpad but I needed to kill some time. I saw that this story had like 0 punctuation and HAD to clean it up a bit. I have to work an early shift tomorrow so excuse any errors, kk?]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549K 19.8K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
673K 11K 60
The title should tell you what the books about ;) ‼️WARNING‼️ This book is bxb, if you don't like this then skip over it and go to a different book...
742K 16.7K 45
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
401K 12.1K 93
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...