Faking It

By MissKatey

All that high school junior Ellie Morris-Whittaker wants is to play division one soccer in college. Good thin... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Welcome to Kingsbridge
Chapter 2: A Very Presidential Tour
Chapter 3: Dorms, Decor, and Dinner Plans
Chapter 4: Bullies and Besties
Chapter 5: The Other Ellerby
Chapter 6: You're My Tutor?
Chapter 7: Hard No to Escargots
Chapter 8: Strike Two
Chapter 9: The Trial Run
Chapter 10: Enter the Nickname
Chapter 11: Tutors and Texts
Chapter 12: Just Say Yes
Chapter 13: Playing with Fire, Round 1
Chapter 14: Emdubs and Tee, Dynamic Duo
Chapter 15: Playing Hard To Get
Chapter 16: The Away Game
Chapter 17: Burgers and Bargains
Chapter 18: The First Date of Champions
Chapter 19: The Sweatshirt
Chapter 20: Sure Thing, Boyfriend
Chapter 21: Clearly The Best Ellerby Tutor
Chapter 22: Stolen Happily Ever Afters
Chapter 23: The Speed Bump or the Nuclear Option
Chapter 24: Ye Of Little Faith
Chapter 25: Welcome to Phase Two
Chapter 26: The Truth Is...
Chapter 27: The A-Hole Brigade
Chapter 28: Setting a Date
Chapter 29: Halloween is the One Day a Year...
Chapter 30: You're Not The Problem
Chapter 31: A Double Date, Why Not?
Chapter 32: Truth Bomb
Chapter 33: Tasting Menu Truth or Dare
Chapter 34: The Ties Were Black
Chapter 35: The Lies Were White
Chapter 36: Turkeys Break a Stalemate
Chapter 37: Thanksgiving
Chapter 38: The Do-Over
Chapter 39: Big Trouble
Chapter 40: Way Too Many Things To Think About
Chapter 41: The Infallible Wisdom of Brothers
Chapter 42: This Was The Plan, Wasn't It?
Chapter 43: Finishing What We'd Started
Chapter 44: Bye Bye Tie Knot
Chapter 45: Grades and Gustavo's
Chapter 46: Slide-Tackles, Sweatbands, and Hope
Chapter 47: Take The Shot
Chapter 48: The Look On Your Face
Epilogue
Theo - Ch 1
Theo - Ch 4
Theo - Ch 5

Theo - Ch 6

1.8K 98 8
By MissKatey

I got my answer after our late practice and another day of brutal, boring, Kingsbridge-calibre classes. As if the new girl had been lying in wait, the girls' locker room door flung open, narrowly missing shattering my nose. I sidestepped out of instinct, and, fight-or-flight mode activated, couldn't help but snap at her when she emerged, seemingly oblivious.

"Are you trying to hit me?" I demanded, raking my eyes over her in the cruel, calculating way my mother had perfected. Her hair was wet and unstyled, already frizzing at the ends. Her tie was a wreck, knotted in some shitty mess a kindergartener might've come up with rather than the standard half-Windsor Kingsbridge demanded. She was still in her uniform, and it looked like she'd thrown it on in a hurry.

"No. Sorry," she muttered, checking her watch. "It won't happen again."

I couldn't stop my eyebrows from lifting. It wasn't the reaction I'd expected, not after a second manufactured wannabe meet-cute. But then, someone trying to land my brother would've probably spent a little more time making sure their tie wasn't a disaster.

I was too distracted by puzzling out what the hell she was trying to do with all of this accidental-meeting shit that I didn't manage to stop the knee-jerk of my inner snob lashing out. "You should learn how to tie a tie."

And then, before I could process her reaction, I walked away. Because hell, I was turning into Emily and I did not want to deal with that right now.

"Not all of us grew up at the yacht club, okay?"

I threw a look at her over my shoulder, half-dreading that her eyes would be swimming with tears or something. But they weren't. Instead, she was glaring at me.

So she was tougher than I'd initially given her credit for. And glaring. That didn't compute. If she was trying to sweet talk me, she should've leaned into tears. Or asked me to tie her tie for her or something.

I didn't like that. I didn't like not knowing what the hell her endgame was.

"Clearly," I said, raking her with another of mother's head-to-toes just to make sure I telegraphed stay the hell away loud enough.

I could've sworn I heard her call me a jerk before the door slammed.

And I hated that all that did was confuse me even more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 288 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
52.9K 1.9K 44
Ellie Reed is not just your average teenage girl. She is popular because of her twin brother, Elliot. Also, the fact that she is almost friends with...
292K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
1.3K 95 45
Side note: never fall for your fake boyfriend. When my best friend convinced me to write a love letter to my crush, I didn't expect it to all go sout...