Faking It

By MissKatey

All that high school junior Ellie Morris-Whittaker wants is to play division one soccer in college. Good thin... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Welcome to Kingsbridge
Chapter 2: A Very Presidential Tour
Chapter 3: Dorms, Decor, and Dinner Plans
Chapter 4: Bullies and Besties
Chapter 5: The Other Ellerby
Chapter 6: You're My Tutor?
Chapter 7: Hard No to Escargots
Chapter 8: Strike Two
Chapter 9: The Trial Run
Chapter 10: Enter the Nickname
Chapter 11: Tutors and Texts
Chapter 12: Just Say Yes
Chapter 13: Playing with Fire, Round 1
Chapter 14: Emdubs and Tee, Dynamic Duo
Chapter 15: Playing Hard To Get
Chapter 16: The Away Game
Chapter 17: Burgers and Bargains
Chapter 18: The First Date of Champions
Chapter 19: The Sweatshirt
Chapter 20: Sure Thing, Boyfriend
Chapter 21: Clearly The Best Ellerby Tutor
Chapter 22: Stolen Happily Ever Afters
Chapter 23: The Speed Bump or the Nuclear Option
Chapter 24: Ye Of Little Faith
Chapter 25: Welcome to Phase Two
Chapter 26: The Truth Is...
Chapter 27: The A-Hole Brigade
Chapter 28: Setting a Date
Chapter 29: Halloween is the One Day a Year...
Chapter 30: You're Not The Problem
Chapter 31: A Double Date, Why Not?
Chapter 32: Truth Bomb
Chapter 33: Tasting Menu Truth or Dare
Chapter 34: The Ties Were Black
Chapter 35: The Lies Were White
Chapter 36: Turkeys Break a Stalemate
Chapter 37: Thanksgiving
Chapter 38: The Do-Over
Chapter 39: Big Trouble
Chapter 40: Way Too Many Things To Think About
Chapter 41: The Infallible Wisdom of Brothers
Chapter 42: This Was The Plan, Wasn't It?
Chapter 43: Finishing What We'd Started
Chapter 44: Bye Bye Tie Knot
Chapter 45: Grades and Gustavo's
Chapter 46: Slide-Tackles, Sweatbands, and Hope
Chapter 47: Take The Shot
Chapter 48: The Look On Your Face
Epilogue
Theo - Ch 4
Theo - Ch 5
Theo - Ch 6

Theo - Ch 1

1.6K 89 15
By MissKatey

**A/N: Welcome to the Theo chapters! These will probably be much shorter than Ellie's just because you all know what's already happened. And because Theo's more of a guy of few words...that said, the language might be a little spicier than Ellie's, so expect some more cursing.**

I tried not to view it as an omen when I found my usual parking spot occupied by a silver BMW. The tearful mother wrapped her tiny freshman of a son in a hug, while the father checked his phone and tapped his leather loafer.

I snorted. Mothers didn't give that much of a crap about their kids. Not unless someone else was watching. Only the spot beneath the oak trees was free, so I swung my car into it and hoped it wouldn't get splattered by too many bird blessings before the move-in crowds vanished back to the expensive homes they'd come from.

I managed to dodge the droppings as I hauled my bag and ball from the trunk, but that was as far as my luck took me. Halfway through the dormitory doors, I had no choice but to shift into auto-pilot.

Because there she was. After an entire damned summer of silence, there she was. Throwing her arms around my brother, even though I knew full-well he'd barely responded to her texts. It took every ounce of willpower not to hurl my soccer ball at the pair of them. But there were parents around, and suspension meant bye bye soccer scholarship.

So I restrained myself. Barely.

"Who shat in your cheerios?" Connor asked, smacking my back in greeting. As usual, he had an inordinate amount of bags for a guy who "didn't give a damn" about his clothes.

"The freshie family that took my parking spot," I said, falling into step beside him and forcing my eyes away from where Madeleine and William were mutually impersonating heart-eyes emojis.

"Uh huh," Connor drawled, leaning forward to stare right across me to Mads and Will. "Sure. The freshie family."

I debated telling him to fuck off. Instead, I opted for a sneer. Equal parts disgust and disappointment. He rolled his eyes while we climbed the boys' dorm stairs.

"Fine, Tee. Point taken. Don't think this gives your first dibs on beds though."

I huffed a laugh. More of a grunt, really. Connor pushed open the dorm room door, a floor up from where we'd been last year, and when the smell of old wooden furniture and stagnant, ancient building hit me, I was right back where I'd been three months ago.

Purgatory. For yet another year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 40.8K 29
"I heard he got shot and died" "No, I heard he shot someone and went to prison" "So not true, I heard he got kicked out of his gang and had to skip t...
4.9K 177 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
887K 20.7K 63
[editing...] A story about two confusing people who have no idea of what they're doing. Ellie Mae Miller enters her senior year in hopes of starting...
1.3K 95 45
Side note: never fall for your fake boyfriend. When my best friend convinced me to write a love letter to my crush, I didn't expect it to all go sout...